Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Suspect A
Jan 1, 2015

Nap Ghost
A really bad recording of the last 20seconds or so of the intro of season 3 got leaked.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yFwj2Egdp94

Wait till Nefcy hears about this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
What's funny is that, aside from there being no leak at all (Which was improbable at best), this was basically a best-case scenario for Disney. It's not the full clip, it's incredibly lovely quality, and it still took a week after the actual event for it to leak. I'm sure there are some people in the marketing department that are annoyed, but I doubt this is the kind of thing that will discourage them from doing future events.

Though it was funny watching people melt down thinking Disney would postpone or cancel Season 3 over it :v:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I am hyped

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

What's funny is that, aside from there being no leak at all (Which was improbable at best), this was basically a best-case scenario for Disney. It's not the full clip, it's incredibly lovely quality, and it still took a week after the actual event for it to leak. I'm sure there are some people in the marketing department that are annoyed, but I doubt this is the kind of thing that will discourage them from doing future events.

Though it was funny watching people melt down thinking Disney would postpone or cancel Season 3 over it :v:

Fiver says they pull off a hiatus anyway.

Because this is Disney and they barely need an excuse to punt episodes into the long grass.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
So I'm seeing the same goddamn bank robbery episode of Nu Ben 10 and I'm starting to wonder if they've already run out of episodes during that whole dumb bomb opening of theirs. Also catched the Plastic Man episode of JL Action and Master Shake Plastic Man should get his own show.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Crabtree posted:

So I'm seeing the same goddamn bank robbery episode of Nu Ben 10 and I'm starting to wonder if they've already run out of episodes during that whole dumb bomb opening of theirs. Also catched the Plastic Man episode of JL Action and Master Shake Plastic Man should get his own show.

Remember that they were completely ready to run an entire day of Ben 10 when they only had 5 episodes in the can. CN is desperate for another Teen Titans Go, especially right now when they seem to be bleeding their shows dry between Regular Show, Adventure Time, Clarence, Uncle Grandpa, and the uncertain future of Gumball.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Remember that they were completely ready to run an entire day of Ben 10 when they only had 5 episodes in the can. CN is desperate for another Teen Titans Go, especially right now when they seem to be bleeding their shows dry between Regular Show, Adventure Time, Clarence, Uncle Grandpa, and the uncertain future of Gumball.

The fact that they're not even willing to rerun the cancelled shows seems bizarre to me.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Plus the fact they have shows with only one slot that they are not rerunning.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 18:06 on May 6, 2017

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Why is it always bank robberies? Aren't there any other baseline crimes for superhero shows to use?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

nerdman42 posted:

Why is it always bank robberies? Aren't there any other baseline crimes for superhero shows to use?

Back-alley muggings and convenience store robberies. But that's about it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What's another visually exciting crime that you can recognize without having to hear any exposition?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Look, you can't punch a dude out for insider trading or tax evasion. White collar criminals are so frail that they'd crumple into a dead pile of bones.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

That's exactly why superheroes should punch white collar criminals. Watching dudes crumble is a main thesis of superhero-isms.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I never realized how badly I wanted a white-collar super hero series until just now.

*Throws banker selling shady derivatives through a window*

Barudak
May 7, 2007

readingatwork posted:

I never realized how badly I wanted a white-collar super hero series until just now.

Throws villain into a pool filled with sharks. "Looks like your portfolio has finally... tanked"

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

readingatwork posted:

That was the best part of The Incredibles.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Rudoku posted:

That was the best part of The Incredibles.

It really was.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I liked the "Standard family driving argument while driving to a fight with a giant robot." "You missed the turning" "AAARRGH!"*Flips the van around on two wheels and speeds back to the corner*

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
spoilers for Star season 3

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Powerpuff Girls is still premiering new episodes at 5:30 on Sundays sandwiched between two movies, which would confirm to me that they're just burning off the rest of the episodes they had on order and the show is dead.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
The newest episode of Laser Time podcast had an interview with Tad Stones, the creator of Rescue Rangers and Darkwing Duck, and he mentioned something about the new Ducktales that makes me pretty hyped: Disney gave the people working on it carte blanche to use anything from the Disney Afternoon aside from Chip and Dale since they have a movie in the pipeline right now, so one episode has them finding a vial of Gummiberry Juice and another has them in a ruin with statues of bear people.

He also said it's going to be serialized and not just a bunch of standalone episodes.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Guy Mann posted:

The newest episode of Laser Time podcast had an interview with Tad Stones, the creator of Rescue Rangers and Darkwing Duck, and he mentioned something about the new Ducktales that makes me pretty hyped: Disney gave the people working on it carte blanche to use anything from the Disney Afternoon aside from Chip and Dale since they have a movie in the pipeline right now, so one episode has them finding a vial of Gummiberry Juice and another has them in a ruin with statues of bear people.

He also said it's going to be serialized and not just a bunch of standalone episodes.

Can't wait for the Shnookums and Meat crossover!!

In all seriousness, that's really cool. I can't wait to see what they do with that.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I'm cautiously optimistic about Ducktales at this point. I'm not sold on the series yet, but it has some good people working on it and I'll definitely give the first couple episodes a watch to see where they end up taking it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm cautiously optimistic about Ducktales at this point. I'm not sold on the series yet, but it has some good people working on it and I'll definitely give the first couple episodes a watch to see where they end up taking it.

Speaking of which, have they said when that show is supposed to start yet?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Larryb posted:

Speaking of which, have they said when that show is supposed to start yet?

Summer 2017 is all I can find.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Guy Mann posted:

Dare we hope for an animated version of Legend of The Chaos God then?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Waffleman_ posted:

Powerpuff Girls is still premiering new episodes at 5:30 on Sundays sandwiched between two movies, which would confirm to me that they're just burning off the rest of the episodes they had on order and the show is dead.

It's almost like remaking a beloved show, with none of the cast or writers that made said show beloved, was not a wise decision!

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Benne posted:

It's almost like remaking a beloved show, with none of the cast or writers that made said show beloved, was not a wise decision!

Clearly they should have mocked the original series more.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Ironically Teen Titans Go started out with a few of the same writers as the original

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Ironically Teen Titans Go started out with a few of the same writers as the original
Funny, because what I've seen of New PPG struck me as similar to TTG. It's not a bad format on its own, but with PPG, it comes with an additional set of expectations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It was just boring and not all that funny. I only watched a few episodes, but nothing in there suggested the writers could justify the existence of a reboot.

At least the original show is on Hulu so you could just watch that instead.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Ayshkerbundy posted:

Still has all of the original VAs too, doesn't it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TTG at least went in its own direction and established a distinct identity from the original, which is where I think Ben 10 and PPG failed.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I feel like for all of its making fun of fans who just want the old show back, TTG did come from a genuine place of liking the original series, they just were focused on doing a new, different thing. The last episode of TTG was a repeat of the original series, I'm not sure what to make of that.

http://teen-titans-go.wikia.com/wiki/Employee_of_the_Month:_Redux
http://teentitans.wikia.com/wiki/Employee_of_the_Month

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Guy Mann posted:

Now I really want an episode where they finally solve the mystery of why all the Wuzzles had bug wings.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I remember watching a little of the new PPG and at one point Buttercup was floating up and down chattering away but her mouth was set completely still in the same place while the rest of her body was moving up and down.

Such embarrassing animation errors like that.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

SlothfulCobra posted:

I feel like for all of its making fun of fans who just want the old show back, TTG did come from a genuine place of liking the original series, they just were focused on doing a new, different thing. The last episode of TTG was a repeat of the original series, I'm not sure what to make of that.

It was clearly aware of it and pointed it out at the end, but the episode's premise was something just silly enough that TTG could go for an episode that was mostly similar and still come out unique.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Waffleman_ posted:

TTG at least went in its own direction and established a distinct identity from the original, which is where I think Ben 10 and PPG failed.

Going in your own way isn't always the best thing, remember when they messed up Mojo or completely changed how the girls' powers work because I guess they just weren't colorful enough? The problem isn't necessarily finding your own identity, but creating a succinct raison d'etre of your show. NuPPG failed in this regard because it was purely a sloppy cash-in of making another GO without drumming up the talent or the right people to handle that sort of undertaking and we saw how well that turned out. Right into the Boomerang gutter. NuBen 10 is shaping up to be the exact same thing even if the show was always just to sell toys. Its so dilute of the original charm or anything that made the good incarnations great that it barely has the animation budget for shadows or Colonel Campbell.

Hopefully Ok KO will show how you actually try to make a new show without loving it up, but I'd like to at least see some ads for it so I can make sure this isn't just a hallucination I want to see.

SlothfulCobra posted:

The entire second joke about The Fourth Wall was them finding out there was a show before GO and all of the characters absolutely loving it. Love is accepting the good and the bad about something and owning it, which GO essentially does by mocking itself. It isn't perfect and has its own problems, but it isn't that they hate the source material at all. Robin really was a control freak, Cyborg kind of was annoying and they haven't even touched the Space Racist episode if they're just going to remake old episodes now. Its just that the way the internet exists now, you can see the most vile, bratty and insufferable parts of a fandom or audience right there, never loving shutting up about how something is ruining their childhood. And as long as the Mister Enders types continue to make tirade after tirade about how unfunny they think GO is, they're giving them the ammunition and justification to keep loving that chicken - even though I'm sure even GO is tired of that joke which is why Employee of the Month Redux.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Crabtree posted:

Going in your own way isn't always the best thing, remember when they messed up Mojo or completely changed how the girls' powers work because I guess they just weren't colorful enough?

Didn't they have an episode that was also easily read as almost transphobic or something too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Yardbomb posted:

Didn't they have an episode that was also easily read as almost transphobic or something too.

Yeah and it caused a big fight last time.
And I still haven't watched it myself.

Fuzzy details:
There was a horse that wanted to be a unicorn and in trying to became a monster and ended up just staying or horse or something like that.
It would've been just an episode but the producers tried to put it out on social media that it was going to be a really woke episode.

So basically went over like the "let's give Pepsi to a cop" commericial