Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Fix it with can't drop bombs as a free action?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

I think the problem is no longer with jumpmasters. Instead, I think it's advanced SLAM cluster mines that keep their natural predator (high agility autothruster aces) in check.

There's a whole host of Imperial ships that just melt to cluster mines and there's no safe way to approach combat with them using those ships.

Those same ships could shrug off jumpmasters all drat day if they could just live long enough to do it.

Jumpmasters or Mindlink is going to get a big nerf and Miranda/Adv Slam will be untouched. Pretty sure mindlink is the only thing that is consistantly in with a chance of putting miranda down.

Impressed that rebel jank made it to top 4. Braylen/Jess/Biggs/Rex

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

ConfusedUs posted:

I think the problem is no longer with jumpmasters. Instead, I think it's advanced SLAM cluster mines that keep their natural predator (high agility autothruster aces) in check.

There's a whole host of Imperial ships that just melt to cluster mines and there's no safe way to approach combat with them using those ships.

Those same ships could shrug off jumpmasters all drat day if they could just live long enough to do it.

This is the issue I have seen the past few months in my meta. The typical turn out has become mostly Rebel with Biggs or Miranda or both in every list. Aces cant come out because they melt to bombs and spend their short life targeting tankmaster Biggs.

I swear if Jumpmasters and Mindlink take a hit and nothing in the current Rebel bs does, I'm dumping this game.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

hoiyes posted:

Fix it with can't drop bombs as a free action?

Just make bombs subject to the "slam disables weapons" dealie, maybe.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Slam is the only thing that makes bombs work though. Take that away and youre left with them sitting on the shelf with punishers. Just fix sabine

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Oh that poor HWK. Torpedoes put two crits onto hull, and he pulls direct hit and major explosion, which he rolls into another direct hit :negative:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

banned from Starbucks posted:

Slam is the only thing that makes bombs work though. Take that away and youre left with them sitting on the shelf with punishers. Just fix sabine

Nand is doing fine without Sabine

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

TheCenturion posted:

Just make bombs subject to the "slam disables weapons" dealie, maybe.

Then bombs are just useless again

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Did that guy who very, very casually cheated (without malice) progress past the cut?

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Did that guy who very, very casually cheated (without malice) progress past the cut?

he didn't make top16

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Are the two lists available anywhere? It's kinda lame that FFG don't have the full lists on screen during this stream.

edit: thanks!

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Chemmy posted:

Are the two lists available anywhere? It's kinda lame that FFG don't have the full lists on screen during this stream.

Nand and Justin.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Well, congrats Justin.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I think Biggs has dealt the most damage from Nand's list this match, daggum

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Lovin our new K4 expertise dengar overlords.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Top 16 were apparently 12 Scum, 3 Rebels, 1 Imperial. Definitely gonna see a Jumpmaster fix this summer

Edit: VVV the last wave was straight from the movies and TV, not very obscure

alg fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 8, 2017

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Is there a good overview somewhere on where the different ships come from, in terms of SW media? They seem to be getting more and more obscure, but then I haven't really kept up with Star Wars since the late nineties.

VikingPenguin
Nov 6, 2005

Hannibal Rex posted:

Is there a good overview somewhere on where the different ships come from, in terms of SW media? They seem to be getting more and more obscure, but then I haven't really kept up with Star Wars since the late nineties.

I don't know of a collected overview, but they seem to prioritize new canon, video games, and comics in that order. I'm not aware of anything that was exclusively novel based, and I guess the Raider is FFG created.

Edit: KongGeorge, sorry I missed you. Hope MN treated you well!

VikingPenguin fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 8, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
At work for the last match, did Nand lose?

VikingPenguin
Nov 6, 2005

Raged posted:

At work for the last match, did Nand lose?

Yeah, he managed to get Tel to one hull (first time) but lost Miranda pretty much the next round, then Dengar managed to keep bumping Biggs so he could shoot Jess. The mustache didn't have enough juice to finish it.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Pbpancho please do the commentary next year for the love of God.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
The internet is confused now. They are having trouble deciding what to cry about. They just can seem to decide if they want mindlink nerfed or Jumpmasters

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Raged posted:

The internet is confused now. They are having trouble deciding what to cry about. They just can seem to decide if they want mindlink nerfed or Jumpmasters

SLAM and bombs. High PS arc-dodging/autothrusters aces eat Jumps for breakfast. But they're all DOA against Miranda, so they're nowhere to be found.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Strobe posted:

SLAM and bombs. High PS arc-dodging/autothrusters aces eat Jumps for breakfast. But they're all DOA against Miranda, so they're nowhere to be found.

They won't touch ADV Slam and most people won't advocate it because it's easier to point out the symptom and not the disease

The funny thing was not to long ago There were a ton of Palps in big tournaments and I did not see half the outcry. I agree about high PS aces. I play jumps a lot and I play against them when I don't fly scum and I win a significant number of my games

In other news Kylo's Tie has been leaked or at least the hotwheel version.

https://makingstarwars.net/2017/05/kylo-rens-starfighter-from-star-wars-the-last-jedi/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

ConfusedUs posted:

Torpedoes also shut down high agility autothruster aces pretty hard. Even at range 3, 2x4 hyper-accurate dice is gonna tag Soontir for a hit.

But I'd agree that any fix to the Jump also needs to be accompanied by a fix for Sabine (make her discard-on-use) and Advanced SLAM (make it give a stress).

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Did anyone ever fly inspiring recruit, pattern analyser, expert handling Kylo?

Was it good? One hard barrel with 4 dice seems nice.

Fits with OL and Inq

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 08:46 on May 8, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I love that Gerry Russel made it to top 4 with a Rebel Jank list. I was also really impressed with the level of sportsmanship shown in the top 16. There were a few games that players called out shots their opponent forgot to take and let them. Pretty sure the one Mishary pointed out to Gerry in part led to him losing. Just good to see that happening after what happened on day 1b.

Here is a partial list of what was flown on day 2

http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/get_tourney_details?tourney_id=2838

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Raged posted:

In other news Kylo's Tie has been leaked or at least the hotwheel version.

https://makingstarwars.net/2017/05/kylo-rens-starfighter-from-star-wars-the-last-jedi/

Betting on this ship having access to a broken combo that gets FAQd almost immediately.

Also regen interceptor lol.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

hoiyes posted:

Did anyone ever fly inspiring recruit, pattern analyser, expert handling Kylo?

Was it good? One hard barrel with 4 dice seems nice.

Fits with OL and Inq

If you're gonna take a repositioning action on Kylo, Daredevil is the one to go for.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

If you're gonna take a repositioning action on Kylo, Daredevil is the one to go for.

Mate, I roll crits like you wouldn't believe, the Daredevil downside is just too swingy for my liking. With the broll I imagine he can get in and disrupt bombing runs, and dropping manaroo and scouts locks is pretty handy too.

With Daredevil I imagine you swoop back and forth across the map like a bat.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

You bring Engine Upgrade as well.

And yeah, Kylo with Daredevil, PA, Inspiring Recruit is super nimble.

But I've yet to make him work well enough to be competitive.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
He's too expensive to have have good enough wingman. I think OL with Inq are the baseline, mainly because they're both effective from range 3.

Also can Snap with adaptability equip the black one title? Adaptability is on deploy, but when is the "equip" timing?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Just had a good laugh. Decided to go through my stupidly long list of 100 point squads and clear out some of the garbage. Apparently one night after the last FAQ and a weee bit of bourbon I built Justin Phua's list except I had a rigged cargo chute on Dengar.

edit: Also the guy who got cheated has a podcast and the post world's episode is up.

https://3point2company.com/podcast/2017/5/8/worlds-x-wing-day-2-3-worlds-changed-you-man

Raged fucked around with this message at 13:14 on May 8, 2017

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

hoiyes posted:

He's too expensive to have have good enough wingman. I think OL with Inq are the baseline, mainly because they're both effective from range 3.

Also can Snap with adaptability equip the black one title? Adaptability is on deploy, but when is the "equip" timing?

No.

Adaptability doesn't change the PS until deployment, so you can't use it to satisfy PS requirements during list building.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
But VI does work?

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

hoiyes posted:

Pbpancho please do the commentary next year for the love of God.

Not sure if that's a compliment or if you thought it sucked and didn't realize I was doing it...

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Some Numbers posted:

But VI does work?

Yes. You can VI Snap high enough to take Black One

DogCop
Aug 6, 2008

Bake him away, toys.
Trying to put together a list for store championships using my favorite ships. Would this stand a chance?

Fenn Rau (28)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Concord Dawn Protector (1)

Bossk (35)
Fearlessness (1)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Dengar (3)
4-LOM (1)
Boba Fett (1)
Burnout SLAM (1)
Guidance Chips (0)

Jakku Gunrunner (15)
Intelligence Agent (1)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Spacetug Tractor Array (2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Would like to fit Scavenger Crane on Bossk but not sure where to steal the extra point from. Might also slot in Determination depending on how many Kylos I see on practice day.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

pbpancho posted:

Not sure if that's a compliment or if you thought it sucked and didn't realize I was doing it...

*do it without davey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Zigmoose posted:

Trying to put together a list for store championships using my favorite ships. Would this stand a chance?

Fenn Rau (28)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Concord Dawn Protector (1)

Bossk (35)
Fearlessness (1)
Cluster Missiles (4)
Dengar (3)
4-LOM (1)
Boba Fett (1)
Burnout SLAM (1)
Guidance Chips (0)

Jakku Gunrunner (15)
Intelligence Agent (1)
Pattern Analyzer (2)
Spacetug Tractor Array (2)

Total: 100

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Would like to fit Scavenger Crane on Bossk but not sure where to steal the extra point from. Might also slot in Determination depending on how many Kylos I see on practice day.

Lose the intel agent or 4LOM. Probably the intel agent.

• Locked thread