Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Picnic Princess posted:

Missed opportunity to say "cuck of the week"

Or would you say cuck of the wuck? What could that word mean?

Wuck up this morning, got yourself a buck,
Mama always said you'd be the chosen cuck.

Ninja: drat, what a snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

What is a solar worker

A miserable pile of secrets.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/860938163526799362

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Holy gently caress.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Death to late-stage capitalism

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Picnic Princess posted:

Death to late-stage capitalism

I love the presumption of using the term "late-stage", like this is even capitalism's final form.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Stay off the west side!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

There is the Dumb Marketing Moves thread (although currently people are talking about how clean fast-food places are for some reason): https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3686051&perpage=40&pagenumber=290

I'm so glad someone else posted what is probably New Vegas' best line.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 09:05 on May 7, 2017

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

I hope the child also walks into every room saying "wwwhatsupyoutube"

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

I hope the child also walks into every room saying "wwwhatsupyoutube"

He has to do the sharp inhale/sigh thing before he says it though.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/aigkenham/status/861180955360473092

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

This is an incredibly good ad by nearly every metric I can imagine.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I mean, climate change won't destroy the Earth. It won't even destroy life - Earth normally doesn't have ice caps at all, and life thrived everywhere when the planet was warm, wet and muggy during the Mesozoic.

It will gently caress us up, cripple modern civilization and cause untold human suffering, but life on Earth will be fine.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Global warming will be good for the world because it will get rid of the shittiest species on it basically

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I hope people are going to find some good poo poo about the French election. Everyone I know is relieved and happy.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Picnic Princess posted:

I hope people are going to find some good poo poo about the French election. Everyone I know is relieved and happy.

Gotchu man,
Reddit might be easy mode but here it is

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Byzantine posted:

I mean, climate change won't destroy the Earth. It won't even destroy life - Earth normally doesn't have ice caps at all, and life thrived everywhere when the planet was warm, wet and muggy during the Mesozoic.

It will gently caress us up, cripple modern civilization and cause untold human suffering, but life on Earth will be fine.

At what rate are we even looking at? People talk about the oceans rising 100 meters and what not. But it's not like a tidal wave will come do it in a single day. Over centuries coastal cities will move towards higher elevation.

Farming practices and choice of crops will gradually change with the climate and diets will change based on what food is more easily available.

What we should worry about are minor extinction events.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volcanic_winter

In 1991 temperatures across the globe went down notable due to a single volcanic eruption. These happen frequently and at varying strengths. Imagine the whole planet being plunged into a year or two year long winter.

All crops lost. Most farmers going out of business. Most middle eastern or African governments would probably collapse.

Picnic Princess posted:

He had almost double Le Pens votes. Is this unusual in France or are there always such a big difference?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/851186574125608960
https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/861293181228470274

verymoldy
May 23, 2004

:eyepop:

Boy am I glad I don't know whoever the gently caress that dude is. What the hell.

verymoldy has a new favorite as of 22:09 on May 7, 2017

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Catberry posted:

He had almost double Le Pens votes. Is this unusual in France or are there always such a big difference?

It's unusual and it happened because a lot of people really really do not want to see Le Pen be president. When her father was up against Chirac the result was something like 20:80.

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

Fathis Munk posted:

It's unusual and it happened because a lot of people really really do not want to see Le Pen be president. When her father was up against Chirac the result was something like 20:80.

Ah but her father did not have Pepe and 4chan to back him up.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

verymoldy posted:

:eyepop:

Boy am I glad I don't know whoever the gently caress that dude is. What the hell.

If you did, you'd realize that he's taking the piss in the second one. Leftists hate Macron but also hate the narrative that they secretly prefer fascism.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Henchman of Santa posted:

If you did, you'd realize that he's taking the piss in the second one. Leftists hate Macron but also hate the narrative that they secretly prefer fascism.

In Sam's case, though, he all but literally said he'd prefer Le Pen to Macron, and now he's upset people are apparently misrepresenting his views.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

TinTower posted:

In Sam's case, though, he all but literally said he'd prefer Le Pen to Macron, and now he's upset people are apparently misrepresenting his views.

Same thread:
https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/851194540845391872

I don't think he got his point across very well, but I get what he was saying.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

I also would like here to notice something interesting, pretty much related and we all know but don't actually realize of its implications.

What is 9 actually ? Well, it is 3 times three, right ?

Ok, what happens mathematically if we take one single thing and try to divide it by 3 ?

1/3 = 0.333333333333333333

A pure recurring infinite decimal based on the 3, right ?

Ok, that is mathematically, now take that from the abstract maths world to the real world. What that actually means and imply then ?

Talking a bit goofy now, would I be then ripping up the own fabric of reality just by deciding to cut an apple pie in three exact portions then ? Would I end with an infinite pie portion then ? Could that, cutting 3 exact pieces of something just be completely impossible to be done physically ? Someone must have tried, that is for sure. I really wonder how reality behaved about that.

Ok, going totally wild now, could it be said that somehow 3 is related to everythingness (like for instance in the form of unity) and 9 somehow related to nothingness ?? Mathematically they seem to have some kind of properties in that sense (at least in certain context and from certain perspectives). What then about 6 ? What does it mean then ? Does it mean a duality of everythingness and nothingness at the same time ? Like the wave/particle duality, the yin/yang duality, or just duality itself ? Maybe the hate and meaning for the number 666 arises from that ? What would it mean in that context ? In the end, 6 + 6 + 6 = 18 (3x6) = 1 + 8 = 9 right ? And what about 999 then ? 9 + 9 + 9 = 27 (3x9) = 2 + 7 = 9

Truth is it feels really cool to do this kind of crazy wild thinking with this kind of stuff.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
If that dude isn't Terrence Howard then he should hook up with Terrence Howard.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/MattHintonPhoto/status/861281780590051328

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I'm the Unknown Pleasures T-shirt.

https://twitter.com/sam_berdino/status/861326892972068864

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:lol: pro monument. Is that the new term for :heritage: ?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Typical right-winger, hiding behind his kid.

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
update on catbite lady:
"Still in hospital for cat bite and getting antibiotics intravenously. Getting better but still need more and still need observation. Once again, respect the animals, listen to their warnings, and if you get bit go to ER. Thankfully it's not looking like I'll need surgery but I still might."

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
https://twitter.com/Aeana/status/861299124628574208

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

drat.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Is Bing translate an idiot on social media?

https://twitter.com/badnetworker/status/861346769136955392

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

gently caress yeah, that's the stuff. Beautiful.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
I don't know this person but having this one post of theirs shared onto my feed makes me dislike them:

I wonder how his friend feels, having his family's tragedy used for this jerk's shallow, tacky moralizing. Wtf possesses people to be this way

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Makes you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Crain posted:

Wow, they did drive that into the ground.

It was over 6 years