Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Captain Internet posted:

I often wonder what happened to Stanley Cup winning goal tender "The Fortune Teller" Cristobal Huet. Not enough to google search it, but just enough to be like "man why do people think you can't ditch a goalie after he wins you a cup. Chicago did it twice."

Last I heard he was playing either in French or Swiss leagues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porrima
Oct 18, 2012

The world is fucked
and so are you.

Thanks, humanity

Captain Internet posted:

I often wonder what happened to Stanley Cup winning goal tender "The Fortune Teller" Cristobal Huet. Not enough to google search it, but just enough to be like "man why do people think you can't ditch a goalie after he wins you a cup. Chicago did it twice."

He is currently goaltending for host France in World Championships, will retire from international play after the tournament.

http://www.iihfworlds2017.com/en/news/final-whistle-for-huet/

Porrima fucked around with this message at 21:07 on May 6, 2017

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Sabres news: Jason Botterill of Pittsburgh will likely be their next GM

http://www.wgr550.com/articles/report-botterill-will-be-named-sabres-next-gm

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hello Blues fans

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Hello Blues fans

I suspect they were already here in spirit

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

At least the Blues put up more of a fight than the Hawks. Take solace in that, Blues fans.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I don't remember who was making jokes about teams having the blues

but it looks like this thread has the Blues now

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

We managed to win more games than the Blackhawks scored goals (in one round), Allen is finally the keeper we hoped he'd be, and the team actually played positive under Yeo (PP aside--now I know why so many Pens fans hated him when he ran their PP). Plus, Bouwmeester will be left unprotected, and I don't have to listen to Pierre McGuire for six months.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Blues lost David Backes, Troy Brouwer (lol), Brian Elliott, and Kevin Shattenkirk, were without Robby Fabbri and still made it to the second round. Next year they should be back that far and probably to the WCF, especially if they can replace Bortuzzo and/or Gunnarsson with one or multiple of Jordan Schmaltz, Jake Walman, and Vince Dunn.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Welcome friends. Let us all cheer for the preds

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

RC Cola posted:

Welcome friends. Let us all cheer for the Sens

gently caress every west team that isnt the Hawks. :colbert:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Furnaceface posted:

gently caress every west team that isnt the Hawks. :colbert:

What about the sharks and oilers and preds and golden knights?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mike_V posted:

Blues lost David Backes, Troy Brouwer (lol), Brian Elliott, and Kevin Shattenkirk, were without Robby Fabbri and still made it to the second round. Next year they should be back that far and probably to the WCF, especially if they can replace Bortuzzo and/or Gunnarsson with one or multiple of Jordan Schmaltz, Jake Walman, and Vince Dunn.

Only thing they need to work on is finding a scoring center, right? Parayko is already a stud and is going to be scary good if he's got another level to him and somehow Pietrangelo is only 27 despite seeming to have been in the league forever so the defense is plenty young.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mike_V posted:

They got to play Minnesota, let's not start awarding them the 2018 Cup just yet.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

RC Cola posted:

Welcome friends. Let us all cheer for the preds

Oilers/Sens final, just to see NBC lose its poo poo

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Troy Queef posted:

Oilers/Sens final, just to see NBC lose its poo poo

That's acceptable as well

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

RC Cola posted:

That's acceptable as well

Really just about anything is acceptable short of the Caps, Pens, or Rangers winning.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
I had Bergevin all wrong, he was doing P.K. a solid by trading him to a team with a shot

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

I'm a Blues fan that like never posts and I know nothing about the front office aspect of the NHL. Is our future looking good after trading Shatty at the deadline etc... or are we hosed?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

HappyHippo posted:

I had Bergevin all wrong, he was doing P.K. a solid by trading him to a team with a shot

"I'm glad we got all that crease-clearing presence, big body hits and veteran leadership"

*shits pants in the first round against the Rangers*
*huffs own farts*
*is Marc Bergevin*

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

straight up brolic posted:

I'm a Blues fan that like never posts and I know nothing about the front office aspect of the NHL. Is our future looking good after trading Shatty at the deadline etc... or are we hosed?

Blues were losing Shattenkirk either way, so they at least got something for him.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

yellowcar posted:

At least the Blues put up more of a fight than the Hawks. Take solace in that, Blues fans.

:mad:

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

yellowcar posted:

I'm taking solace in the fact that the Blues are now just as dead as we are. :cheers:

Hope the Preds can win the whole thing. Nashville is a cool town.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

they got Something for him, which is better than the Nothing they were going to get if they didn't trade him. (however, multiple reports were that if Shatty wasn't hell-bent on going to a team north of Virginia, the Blues could have gotten A Thing for him in exchange.)

but real talk: the farm system looks to be producing again and Tage Thompson is being groomed to be a top centerman of the future. basically go for a 1/2C in the FA market, pray Bouw or Perron gets picked up by Vegas, and it's fine. (and I missed your posting in the GDTs, there were times i needed your help.)

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

The saddest franchise in NHL history managed to put up more of a fight than the NBC Dickride of the Decade.

yellowcar is probably not the right target for your anger.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Troy Queef posted:

they got Something for him, which is better than the Nothing they were going to get if they didn't trade him. (however, multiple reports were that if Shatty wasn't hell-bent on going to a team north of Virginia, the Blues could have gotten A Thing for him in exchange.)

but real talk: the farm system looks to be producing again and Tage Thompson is being groomed to be a top centerman of the future. basically go for a 1/2C in the FA market, pray Bouw or Perron gets picked up by Vegas, and it's fine. (and I missed your posting in the GDTs, there were times i needed your help.)

Jordan Kyrou went absolutely nuts in the OHL this year with a terrible team. I haven't heard how he looked in Chicago, but he might be that wildcard prospect who pans out that the Blues desperately need.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Troy Queef posted:

Why do we want Bouw to get picked up by Vegas? I thought he was excellent this year in the playoffs. Just age?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

Why do we want Bouw to get picked up by Vegas? I thought he was excellent this year in the playoffs. Just age?

His contract isn't great and he's getting older. Ideally Vegas is bribed to take Lehtera, but I don't know if that will happen.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

what Mike_V said, with the NHL being all about salary cap flexibility having a $5.4MM bit of dead weight on your books for the next few years is not ideal. (though again like Mike said, Lehtera's a $4.7MM bit of even deader weight)

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Furnaceface posted:

gently caress every the Hawks. :colbert:

Edited for truth and justice and the ameicanadian way. :colbert:

Good job Perds please win it all :toot:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I know I'm late to the twitter party but, I'd like to present a one man play, in 5 acts...

"Holy poo poo, Professional Hockey Player Zach Boychuk followed me on twitter!:dance:
Wait, what?:confused:
I follow some players and I've retweeted Bob Mckenzie like twice, and tweeted at r-lam once, that's weird.:raise:
Oh, he follows half a million people.:ohdear:
I'm not special after all. :("

-Me, earlier tonight.

PS I'm soliciting your recommendations on who to follow.

deoju fucked around with this message at 04:02 on May 8, 2017

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

deoju posted:

I know I'm late to the twitter party but, I'd like to present a one man play, in 5 acts...

"Holy poo poo, Professional Hockey Player Zach Boychuk followed me on twitter!:dance:
I follow some players and I've retweeted Bob Mckenzie like twice, and tweeted at r-lam once, that's weird.:raise:

-Me, earlier tonight.

Exact same thing happened to me lol. "Wow, I wonder if it's the real account, oh it is- oh he follows everybody 😪"

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

deoju posted:

-Me, earlier tonight.

Hockey Stat Nerds:
@dellowhockey
@IneffectiveMath
@datarink
@MimicoHero
@AndrewBerkshire

@mirtle
James Mirtle is like one of the best beat guys / mainstream guys out there and he's a good follow even if you're totally not into the Toronto teams.

I follow a bunch more but those are the ones that are the best I think

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
The Blues losing is such bullshit, first of all we all know that Nashville is the cheapest and dirtiest team in hockey and it was clear that the refs were in on the take, all you have to do is look at how many penalties they gave the Blues arrogantly because they knew Nashville couldn't score except on a Power Play but that was pretty stupid, just compare the cities: St Louis is more than twice the size of Nashville and has lots more hockey fans so how is that a good marketing plan, NHL, and St Louis is also way richer than Nashville so good luck on not having that money watching your playoffs for the rest of the year.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

so they were supposed to throw the game for St. Louis instead? :confused:

Or are you taking the piss

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

bewbies posted:

The Blues losing is such bullshit, first of all we all know that Nashville is the cheapest and dirtiest team in hockey and it was clear that the refs were in on the take, all you have to do is look at how many penalties they gave the Blues arrogantly because they knew Nashville couldn't score except on a Power Play but that was pretty stupid, just compare the cities: St Louis is more than twice the size of Nashville and has lots more hockey fans so how is that a good marketing plan, NHL, and St Louis is also way richer than Nashville so good luck on not having that money watching your playoffs for the rest of the year.

Should the NHL have the Blues and Preds redo their series in case it was a big fix?

No disrespect to the preds, I'm a firm believer that Nashville beating them in six is a huge fix and robs the Blues of truly accomplishing what their capable of. I've spent the last day in pure disbelief and it just doesn't make sense to me. I've spent the entire regular season watching the Blues play great hockey it's just not fair.

If the Blues lose again I will face that the Preds deserved the win, but I am just 100% sure it was a fix and does a big disservice to the Blues and the NHL.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

St. Louis is a good team but at some point you've got to score more than 1 goal per game, and Jake Allen can only be in god mode for so long.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Allen finished the playoffs with a 1.96 GAA and .935 save percentage.

Jesus, he was out of his mind. :stare:

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

If he lets his exit interview last longer than "gently caress all y'all" then he's giving the entire St. Louis Blues Hockey Club and every other employee of it in particular more credit than they deserve.

EDIT: And if you think he won't do that because he likes having a job, uh, ^ ^ ^ I'm going to go waaaaay out on a limb and say I think he'll land on his feet. And as a bonus he might not have to live in St. Louis anymore.

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 15:53 on May 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

ThinkTank posted:

Should the NHL have the Blues and Preds redo their series in case it was a big fix?

No disrespect to the preds, I'm a firm believer that Nashville beating them in six is a huge fix and robs the Blues of truly accomplishing what their capable of. I've spent the last day in pure disbelief and it just doesn't make sense to me. I've spent the entire regular season watching the Blues play great hockey it's just not fair.

If the Blues lose again I will face that the Preds deserved the win, but I am just 100% sure it was a fix and does a big disservice to the Blues and the NHL.

Not empty quoting.

• Locked thread