Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

milk milk lemonade posted:

To be fair, Trump still lost the popular vote.

Thankfully the electoral college is still around because it prevents faddish populists who are unfit to govern from taking office. Oh shi-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

milk milk lemonade posted:

To be fair, Trump still lost the popular vote.

I still can't believe he's getting away with this 'three million illegal voters' bullshit.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
I'm going to load up on debt, hookers and blow in anticipation of the collapse of the dollar when even his most fervent supporters realize it's all a con.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/yarotrof/status/861311727287324673

"dangerous gay psychopath"

Edit: The Macron campaign may have deliberately let themselves get phished in certain circumstances, just to place false information, per the Daily Beast. Good poo poo.

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/861064174914457600

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 7, 2017

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different

facialimpediment posted:

Edit: The Macron campaign may have deliberately let themselves get phished in certain circumstances, just to place false information, per the Daily Beast. Good poo poo.

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/861064174914457600

I want this to be the case so bad :lol:

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
Countering the Russian info ops campaign like that is a ballsy risk but awesome.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
as someone who is a constituent of Raul Labrador I'm loving loving this piece of poo poo get poo poo on by everyone

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I like this new president of France.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I guess he's ok for a dangerous gay psychopath who hates France.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Nuclear Tourist posted:

But really who isnt?

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
bleh, I guess we do have the crown of stupidest democracy

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Kawasaki Nun posted:

bleh, I guess we do have the crown of stupidest democracy

There's never been a serious challenger.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Zeroisanumber posted:

There's never been a serious challenger.

People usually don't line up to challenge the neighborhood special ed kid when he's running down the street with his helmet on and a loaded gun in his hand. Just happens to be a country this time.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Three of these four are actually revered traits in the hexagon.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Two Finger posted:

You'd think with having so many crew around they could spare a couple to paint things

Most of Russia's equipment other than their Space stuff is largely a big show.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

You've been visited by the "sorrowful fascist of losing elections."
A leftist society and anti-capitalist future awaits you but only if you reply "cry harder, fashie" to this post.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

A leftist society and anti-capitalist future awaits you but only if you reply "cry harder, fashie" to this post.

cry harder, fashie.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

A leftist society and anti-capitalist neoliberal wet fart of a future awaits you but only if you reply "cry harder, fashie" to this post.

Still better than the alternative

cry harder, fashie

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

CommieGIR posted:

cry harder, fashie.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

cry harder, fashie.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

bird food bathtub posted:

People usually don't line up to challenge the neighborhood special ed kid when he's running down the street with his helmet on and a loaded gun in his hand. Just happens to be a country this time.

Even when we install democracies, we don't use our model because it's so irrevocably flawed.

Iraq got a parliamentary system.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Not a GiPper so I don't post in here but it's the only current events thread I follow on the forums and I had to share this:

https://twitter.com/JessicaHuseman/status/860919890416463873

NY Times posted:

The Washington Post reported Friday that the fear was so entrenched that parents in the community believe the risk of measles is preferable. The Post reported that one of the anti-vaccine movement’s founders, Andrew Wakefield, was among those who had met with the parents. Asked if he felt at fault for the outbreak, he replied: “I don’t feel responsible at all,” according to The Post.

There's gotta be some way for Homeland Security to toss his rear end into the ocean or something.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Eej posted:

There's gotta be some way for Homeland Security to toss his rear end into the ocean or something.

IIRC Trump is somewhat skeptical about vaccines :tinfoil:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Time for a benevolent dictator to save you from yourselves. Jesus christ.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

CommieGIR posted:

IIRC Trump is somewhat skeptical about vaccines :tinfoil:

prolly bc Baron

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The one thing I've never understood about the anti-vacc crowd is that even if they were right, and vaccines did cause autism, why the gently caress would you think that a contagious, potentially fatal disease is preferable to completely non-threatening mental condition?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
probably something dumb like not ever seeing an outbreak of the disease because of vaccines and a complete inability to engage in critical thinking to figure out why that could possibly be

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Fister Roboto posted:

The one thing I've never understood about the anti-vacc crowd is that even if they were right, and vaccines did cause autism, why the gently caress would you think that a contagious, potentially fatal disease is preferable to completely non-threatening mental condition?
Because they have never seen anyone get crippled or killed by these diseases, but they have seen autistic children.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Ardlen posted:

Because they have never seen anyone get crippled or killed by these diseases, but they have seen autistic children.

Ironically, new studies are linking autism to second hand smoke exposure and pollution levels.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
People are autistic now cause millenials

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Didn't Trump appoint some anti-vaxxing Kennedy in charge of looking into vaccines and poo poo?

I mean, I don't remember if it was a Kennedy, but it was some big name rear end in a top hat.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Fister Roboto posted:

Look, do you know anyone who's ever died from the mumps?

It's basically the common cold, just take some antibiotics and vitamin C.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

FrozenVent posted:

Look, do you know anyone who's ever died from the mumps?

It's basically the common cold, just take some antibiotics and vitamin C.

Uh I think you mean tinctures and essential oils.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Fister Roboto posted:

I had a girlfriend who worked in public health who put it even more strongly: "Even if every single case of autism were caused by vaccines, we should still vaccinate everyone."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Doc Hawkins posted:

I had a girlfriend who worked in public health who put it even more strongly: "Even if every single case of autism were caused by vaccines, we should still vaccinate everyone."

Especially considering the vast majority of autistics children and adults are high functioning and fully capable human beings.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
But what if vaccines caused downs?

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007
:berned:

Poppyseed Poundcake fucked around with this message at 02:22 on May 8, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

Hope you didn't pay for your meme degree

Graduate of Lowtax College of Stairs.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Possibly something, probably nothing. There's some weird poo poo going on with Air Force One at the moment.

k nevermind

https://twitter.com/stevebruskCNN/status/861391625385365508

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I don't know...dead people are a lot easier to get along with than autistic people

• Locked thread