Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Wirth1000 posted:

Even MSC is better at that than Massa.

Forever the student.

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Is there any details on the McLaren eSport thing? How is it going to work?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

No idea, but I assume the winner will be an autistic Finn.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've got a bad feeling that Rossi's championship challenge is going to be like Alonso in 2012. My heart wants to believe but my head tells me he just doesn't have the pace to pull this off.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
That will throw up on himself the first time in a real car? Nah Huttu is an ok guy and its not his fault he got too hot

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Wirth1000 posted:

Even MSC is better at that than Massa.

Forever the student.

This is your best post ever congratulations.

I don't blame Huttu for getting sick in that car. Throwing a Finnish person in the middle of an Georgia summer is a bad idea .

dentist toy box fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 8, 2017

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Dakota Fanning thinks your funny. Take that one to the bank

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Ah you just reminded me of a brain more broken then Massa's or MSC

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tony Montana posted:

Dakota Fanning thinks your funny. Take that one to the bank

Woah you sure got him Tony.

Everybody think twice before posting lest Tony "Burnmaster" Montana gets you with a real zinger.

F1DriverQuidenBerg fucked around with this message at 03:14 on May 8, 2017

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Time to delete my account. I'll never recover.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

:iceburn:

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Vettel crying over his radio at the end of 2010 is one of the funniest moments in recent F1 history.

Too bad this was the start of the Vettelreich.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wait I don't even get the Dakota Fanning thing

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Wait I don't even get the Dakota Fanning thing

I mentioned last week I was born the same day Senna died, and Tony Montana is getting mad about someone the same age as Dakota Fanning being on the Internet? Because I guess being old and getting mad on the internet is better I guess?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Just lmao if you didn't expect ageism in a thread that fantasizes about child murder on a biweekly basis

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Let me just go on record and say Max Verstappen is no Dakota Fanning.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

Let me just go on record and say Max Verstappen is no Dakota Fanning.

He's won more F1 races than she has.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Poster named Montana talking poo poo about woman named Dakota? Quelle fuckin surprise

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I thought Dakota Fanning; while showing promise, was rather forced in her acting ability, though at the time she was working with Tom Cruise on War of the Worlds after all.
I never heard of her again until one of my kids told me they saw her in a Twilight movie. Upon hearing this i eagerly asked about her abilities. I was told her acting was rather forced but showed promised.
I sighed to myself in disappointment. Kids these day, they just dont learn.

Clarence
May 3, 2012

iospace posted:

He's won more F1 races than she has.

Dakota Fanning : F1 MWDC 2017

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

dentist toy box posted:

I mentioned last week I was born the same day Senna died, and Tony Montana is getting mad about someone the same age as Dakota Fanning being on the Internet? Because I guess being old and getting mad on the internet is better I guess?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

To be fair Montana is of an age where he's so embarrassed about being Australian that he pretends to be part-european so I'm placing him at about 50-60.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Pfft boomers inherited the earth in this country. No embarrassment at all.

Looking forward to the 2 Mercs taking each other out this weekend.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
ex-pats of any nationality in Australia can have a tendency to be hyper nationalistic. My Uncle made a fortune by importing ordinary household goods with uk retail prices on the labels and selling them to British ex-pats at a huge mark up. If you are wondering what the hell happened to him- Timmy Mallet lives out there and is making a killing selling chocolate box pictures of yorkshire painted by Timmy Mallet.
Because not a whole lot happens in the middle class suburbia you do tend to find those dickheads who idolise Eminem and want to manufacture some sort of us vs them thing to make themselves seem cool and interesting. It's a bit sad when they don't grow out if it.

I bet Tony's M3 is black.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Thread has officially lost the plot, again.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
The thread's grip on the plot, much like Tony's grip on sanity, is tenuous at the best of times.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
What ever happened to Antonio Felix Da Costa. I know he races in Formula E now (along with every other Redbull cast off) but there was a lot of hype behind him. RB have dropped so many drivers that were actually pretty good and more deserving of drives then 1/3rd of the grid, especially JEV and Buemi!

I wonder if the same thing will happen to Gasly as happened to Da Costa.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I hope the lack of news indicates that some huge drama is about to drop, we're due a scandal.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I've got creepy Bernie-themed orgies as the next scandal.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

AgentJotun posted:

What ever happened to Antonio Felix Da Costa. I know he races in Formula E now (along with every other Redbull cast off) but there was a lot of hype behind him. RB have dropped so many drivers that were actually pretty good and more deserving of drives then 1/3rd of the grid, especially JEV and Buemi!

I wonder if the same thing will happen to Gasly as happened to Da Costa.

Kvyat stole his seat at the time by having a lot of money.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Let us just remember, one year ago this weekend the Spanish Grands Prix gave us one of the best moments in modern Grands Prix history. Are Rossie, pushing Their Hamilton onto the grass who subsequently lost control to take out Are Rossie resulting a Mercedes DNF. :allears:

Then, shortly there after that amazing moment; Jos Versatappen's best effort went on to win the race. :smithicide:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GramCracker posted:

Let us just remember, one year ago this weekend the Spanish Grands Prix gave us one of the best moments in modern Grands Prix history. Are Rossie, pushing Their Hamilton onto the grass who subsequently lost control to take out Are Rossie resulting a Mercedes DNF. :allears:

Then, shortly there after that amazing moment; Jos Versatappen's best effort went on to win the race. :smithicide:

It was the best race of the season :colbert:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Halo14 posted:

Pfft boomers inherited the earth in this country. No embarrassment at all.

Looking forward to the 2 Mercs taking each other out this weekend.
As someone who was spiritually born in 1924 Germany, I look forward to Mercedes finishing 1-2 this weekend. Unless Hamilton isn't 2.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
If anyone is bored and has 21 minutes to watch some racing, the Supercross series (it's the pinnacle/F1 of dirtbike racing) that I obsess over had their final race on Saturday and the 250cc ("lites/feeder") class had an outrageous ending.

Preface: The 250 class has two race series, East and West coast. Each coast has their own set of riders. The last race of the year the two coasts get together and have a combined race which can really shake things up because if you're in a title fight, there are now a bunch of other guys that can get in your way and you can lose points to.

The West coast championship was already wrapped up, but the East had three guys separated by 1 point coming into the race, and as it turns out a dark horse that was a bunch of points behind actually also had a real, legit shot at the championship by a series of crazy occurrences. It was a really good race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MuTIhg3PxM

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

learnincurve posted:

I hope the lack of news indicates that some huge drama is about to drop, we're due a scandal.

The Team payouts for 2017 were announced.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129388

I can't imagine why new teams don't do well. Haas gets 19 million and Ferrari gets 180 million.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

daslog posted:

The Team payouts for 2017 were announced.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/129388

I can't imagine why new teams don't do well. Haas gets 19 million and Ferrari gets 180 million.

And a 68 million payout solely to Ferrari, all because they'd threaten to pull out if they didn't get it. All told, 1/5th of the payout for coming in 3rd place :psyduck:

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Ferrari pull out and Mercedes follow becuase theyre the only real competition. The french give few fucks for a series where they cant compete with thier old foes, so they also follow. Now you have... nothing! Ferrari, Merc and Renault have been F1 for a lot longer than the British garagistas. More people watch Formula One for Ferrari than probably all thr other teams combined. Ferrrari =! Williams/RBR/lolcLaren

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

There's no risk of Ferrari pulling out.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ferrari are great and the deserve every dime they earn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Because they will always get thier way, for the reasons I just detailed

• Locked thread