Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I am happy my friend Lily White is in the new game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I opened AoCF and ULiL and put the windows on top of each other and near as I can tell the movement physics are still exactly the same

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Eternity larva's design is loving fantastic. It incorporates every stage of a tiger swallowtail's life, from egg to caterpillar to pupa to butterfly. Eggs (the dots on the bottom of the dress), caterpillar (the horns on her head), pupa (the dark green part covering her chest) and butterfly (the wings duh). What a great design, zun certainly hasn't lost his penchant for style, even if his art still sucks.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
The design on ZUN's shirt on the last page is incredible since it's a parody of a certain electronic store's shopping bag which has the logos of several electronics companies on the side, except in this case it's the logo of several popular bar/izayaka chains.

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ammat The Ankh posted:

When people ask when Mima will return.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I'm getting back into 2hu thanks to my good friend Etarnity

I've lost all my skill :(

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Does Antinomy of Common Flowers have new tunes?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I think so? There are only three tracks: The title screen, a song that plays in the Kourindo stage, and a song for the bamboo forest at night stage. I looked up the ULiL music and it doesn't seem to be reused tracks.

The bamboo forest song is good, I like the guitar

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
it's a bold choice for ZUN to draw Eternity in such a way that both hands are very prominent and visible

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Burning your subweapon doesn't fail the spell card bonus which seems weird. Summer just lets you basically tank whatever spell card you want.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Eternity's theme is really cool, actually I'm digging a lot of the songs here. lot of recent songs have been a bit...eh? not much special in my book but this stuff is neat all around. weird, but neat

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Burning your subweapon doesn't fail the spell card bonus which seems weird. Summer just lets you basically tank whatever spell card you want.

Whichever one it is that increases your attack power (Winter, I think) seems to be really good for refusing to play the game and still capping every spellcard, scoring a whole bunch and thus gaining many Extends.

you can like, fight no boss attacks in the demo by just repeatedly Releasing over and over again, which will count as a cap, bombing when you can no longer release (which will fill your Release meter again) and just repeating the process and this is not only fast as gently caress, but will score fairly well.

game seems bork

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Gyra_Solune posted:

it's a bold choice for ZUN to draw Eternity in such a way that both hands are very prominent and visible

Even more hosed up is that neither hand has anything wrong with them

Hell, I'd even say that he didn't gently caress up a single set of hands in this game, which is incredible

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Nemuno's theme is too powerful for me.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
Autumn Winds on Youkai Mountain is the best.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
Where are the hats ZUN?

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Amuys posted:

Autumn Winds on Youkai Mountain is the best.

Came here to post this, glad it's already been posted. Still gotta listen to the rest more to decide what I think about it, but the stage themes are pretty good in general so far.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Amuys posted:

Where are the hats ZUN?

further proof that this is all Yuuka's doing

soon all of gensokyo will rise up and overthrow the tyranny of the hat

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i will play, this demo and evaulate the game's quality,

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 7, 2017

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
meanwhile, on a scoring side of things, you can max the Point Item Value by Stage 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEZPnHIKEMs

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sea Sponge Run posted:

i will play, this demo and evaulate the game's quality,

Don't you dare

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

meanwhile, on a scoring side of things, you can max the Point Item Value by Stage 3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEZPnHIKEMs

Yeah lol Fall Aya is crazy

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

You can just release nonstop

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

El Burbo posted:

Yeah lol Fall Aya is crazy

I was wondering what people were seeing in her, but I guess that explains it.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
I like lion-dog girl with the horns(?). Reminds me of Maidragon.
As Reimu the petals are kinda distracting but the gameplay overall is good and fun.
Title screen music reminds me of IN's title music and that's good because IN is my favorite.
Aya is fun.
Looks like Aya has a purple hanafuda scroll on her skirt.
First thing Cirno says in the game is essentially. "Yay!"
The boss battles seem really short.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
I didn't click on the video because I want to play the game for myself to experience it, but the name of the spellcard shown in the thumbnail is literally: Lone Comfort "Curl Up and Die"

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Hello friends you might know that the best touhou fangame, Fantasy Maiden Wars 4, was released yesterday at reitaisai and boy do I have something great for you regarding that.

After alot of blood, sweat and tears we have finally finished the complete and total translation patch for Fantasy Maiden Wars 3, just in time.

If you find any problems in it we will cry but also do our best to fix them just pm me or make a post or whatever.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nages posted:

Hello friends you might know that the best touhou fangame, Fantasy Maiden Wars 4, was released yesterday at reitaisai and boy do I have something great for you regarding that.

After alot of blood, sweat and tears we have finally finished the complete and total translation patch for Fantasy Maiden Wars 3, just in time.

If you find any problems in it we will cry but also do our best to fix them just pm me or make a post or whatever.

Cool. Have they released a digital version of fmw 3 yet or is it still just physical copies so far?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Speaking of english, partial english of the trial is done, if you wanna read the bantz

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Namtab posted:

Don't you dare

youve actually successfully owned me

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 03:46 on May 8, 2017

Ryza
Mar 15, 2012

Disco Thunder

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Cool. Have they released a digital version of fmw 3 yet or is it still just physical copies so far?

They released it along with the OST a few months ago.

DLsite
Melonbooks

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Cool, I went to upload the next touhou music collection and find nyaa.se shut down for good last week out of nowhere. Any reliable alternatives? Guessing the forum admins wouldn't be cool with me linking to a pirate bay torrent.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ryza posted:

They released it along with the OST a few months ago.

DLsite
Melonbooks

I'll need to pick that up soon then.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

Cool, I went to upload the next touhou music collection and find nyaa.se shut down for good last week out of nowhere. Any reliable alternatives? Guessing the forum admins wouldn't be cool with me linking to a pirate bay torrent.

There's a Clone of nyaa I think but I know nothing else

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Speaking of Fantasy Maiden Wars, I wonder what happened to Blitzblast. I haven't seen him post in a while.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

it's tragic what happened to him

just awful, really

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sea Sponge Run posted:

There's a Clone of nyaa I think but I know nothing else

It barely works because a million people are trying to use it and it can't take the traffic

There's some other public trackers like tokyotosho but I dont know anything about them. Anyway I don't think there'd be any problem linking to the Pirate Bay, a file is a file once it's on the computer, don't matter where it came from

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i wonder, what does the name Ten Desires refer to anyways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gyra_Solune posted:

i wonder, what does the name Ten Desires refer to anyways