Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Donkringel posted:

I know I am a broken record with my theory about Saitama's power, but I just watched the "Overcomplicated backstory" OVA and Saitama once again eats some super powered monster creature. Albeit it is a bear, but I think this one is in Wolf class. Afterwards Genos asks Saitama what he eats and the response is "pretty much everything."

The answer isn't midichloreans, sorry about your theory, namaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

And More posted:

We've seen other heroes eat chunks of monsters before, and they didn't suddenly get mega strong. Saitama also hasn't gotten stronger or balder from eating more monsters.

Oh I missed that. What other heroes did That?

Genos, since he eats Saitama's meals, but he just burns it like coal. Who am I missing?

^^

Midichlorians are obviously for Fubuki and Tatsumaki. Lifting poo poo with force powers.

Donkringel fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 2, 2017

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RareAcumen posted:

He'd have to lose his outline for that to be possible!

He may still have hair, just in places they can't show in Japan without pixelation.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Donkringel posted:

Oh I missed that. What other heroes did That?

Genos, since he eats Saitama's meals, but he just burns it like coal. Who am I missing?

^^

Midichlorians are obviously for Fubuki and Tatsumaki. Lifting poo poo with force powers.

Here you go.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
The whole point of Saitama being over powered is cliche as gently caress. The origins of his power are dumb as hell on purpose, there isn't anything else to it.

The current arc is focusing not on saitama anymore but on other people, how they are handling success/power the definition of a what a "hero" is or what a "villain" is. OPM does an amazing job of exploring these themes.

In the previous arc one of the themes was power. After Saitama defeats Boros there is a lingering question "what next".

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

And More posted:

Here you go.
Also "eating monsters" is like Pig God's whole thing. :v:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Asimo posted:

he's also really strong.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Asimo posted:

Which is why he's the only S-Class hero who could go a round with Blast D. Roger in the old days.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
that sounds perilously close to being a ONE-version spoiler

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Venuz Patrol posted:

that sounds perilously close to being a ONE-version spoiler

Oh whoops, turns out it was actually two people.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Gol_D._Roger

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

Oh whoops, turns out it was actually two people.

http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Gol_D._Roger

Wrong thread I know but: Garp being that insanely strong is really weird and doesn't fit.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Suspicious Lump posted:

Wrong thread I know but: Garp being that insanely strong is really weird and doesn't fit.

It does though.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Garp could be the only guy in OP who got weaker with age.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Suspicious Lump posted:

Guess you missed all the cool Garp scenes or the actions of any of his family.

Like one of the first things we see him do is throw cannon balls harder than actual cannons shoot them. Which is shortly after Luffy casually pushed two buildings over because it turned out Robin needed help.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 02:10 on May 3, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gyges posted:

Guess you missed all the cool Garp scenes or the actions of any of his family.

Like one of the first things we see him do is throw cannon balls harder than actual cannons shoot them. Which is shortly after Luffy casually pushed two buildings over because it turned out Robin needed help.

Yawn. Luffy had punched a man that a sphere of gold the size of a ship exploded off of his arm by that point.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

RareAcumen posted:

Yawn. Luffy had punched a man that a sphere of gold the size of a ship exploded off of his arm by that point.

Of course that was after he punched a dude all the way from underground, through bedrock, and a building or two, up into the air above the tallest buildings in the city, making it rain.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It does though.
No it doesn't. He may be insanely strong but he had no devil fruit power. No idea about Gol D Roger, but whitebeard had his earthquake power which was insanely powerful. Part of the problem is that (in the anime) we've never seen his fight anyone one on one. Same goes for Shanks actually.

I only watch the anime btw, so many something in the manga that expands on Garp which I haven't read/seen. Others are saying his family are just insanely powerful, eg Luffy and Dragon. That's true but saying you are toe to toe with not only the King of Pirates but also the guy who holds the title of "strongest man alive" is really weird for someone we haven;t seen. I guess Garp is like John Wick, his reputation precedes him but nobody knows why.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Suspicious Lump posted:

I only watch the anime btw

Mistakes have been made

Edit: what the gently caress I thought this was the OP thread

Andrast fucked around with this message at 07:10 on May 3, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Suspicious Lump posted:

No it doesn't. He may be insanely strong but he had no devil fruit power. No idea about Gol D Roger, but whitebeard had his earthquake power which was insanely powerful. Part of the problem is that (in the anime) we've never seen his fight anyone one on one. Same goes for Shanks actually.

I only watch the anime btw, so many something in the manga that expands on Garp which I haven't read/seen. Others are saying his family are just insanely powerful, eg Luffy and Dragon. That's true but saying you are toe to toe with not only the King of Pirates but also the guy who holds the title of "strongest man alive" is really weird for someone we haven;t seen. I guess Garp is like John Wick, his reputation precedes him but nobody knows why.

Cool guys such as Shanks, Mihawk, Zoro, and Rayleigh don't have fruit power so that doesn't mean much of anything. And everything we have heard of Garp suggests he was similarly powerful. The fact that he hasn't done much in the actual series doesn't deny this fact. Also, we totally know why Garp's got his reputation. It's because he was the rival to the Pirate King and one of the few people who could equal him, the fact that we haven't seen these fights doesn't mean that's not true.

You don't need to actually see a character in a fight to know that they're strong. Otherwise you could just be like "Well everyone says Watchdogman is incredibly strong and protects the peace of an entire city overrun by monsters all by himself, but since we've never seen him fight that doesn't make any sense at all and he must be weak".

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

You don't need to actually see a character in a fight to know that they're strong. Otherwise you could just be like "Well everyone says Watchdogman is incredibly strong and protects the peace of an entire city overrun by monsters all by himself, but since we've never seen him fight that doesn't make any sense at all and he must be weak".

Next installment includes a cut of Garou on the moon in the middle of a giant pawprint crater.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

WatchdogMan wins rights so hard he shows up 20 minutes after the monster has died.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

EponymousMrYar posted:

Next installment includes a cut of Garou on the moon in the middle of a giant pawprint crater.

The man in the dog suit will never be shown fighting. It's not like a ONE spoiler or anything, it's just too high a hurdle to make it look as cool as it'd have to.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Mulva posted:

The man in the dog suit will never be shown fighting. It's not like a ONE spoiler or anything, it's just too high a hurdle to make it look as cool as it'd have to.

The dog in the man suit is such a good boy as well.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mulva posted:

it's not a man in a dog suit it's a dog with a human mask in his mouth

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

it's not a man in a dog suit it's a dog with a human mask in his mouth

Begone, troll.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

He's right though.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Mordaedil posted:

He's right though.

Nah, Watchdogman is a watchdog and a man. No tricks involved.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Mulva posted:

Didn't we already see him fight some monsters?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

And More posted:

Nah, Watchdogman is a watchdog and a man. No tricks involved.

That's what the watch wants you to think.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Who watches the Watchdogman?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

EzEight posted:

Who watches the Watchdogman?

Everyone. People love him, kids especially. He's super-popular.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Watchdogman is a very good dog and deserves treats

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Watchdogman is a very good dog and deserves treats

I just figured out how we can determine whether Watchdogman is a dog: Just give him chocolate. :eng101:

Not sure how we can figure out whether he's a man, though.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Do NOT give Watchdogman chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Watchdogman is neither a man nor a dog, but a watch.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Bongo Bill posted:

Watchdogman is neither a man nor a dog, but a watch.

and he likes to play the drums

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I just watched the Series on Netflix. I normally trash on anime, but this is very good and funny. I'm hooked.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Congrats, friend. Now time to read the comic the anime's based off of, then the lovely-looking webcomic the comic's based of of.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Congrats, friend. Now time to read the comic the anime's based off of, then the lovely-looking webcomic the comic's based of of.

Also Mob Psycho 100.

Same creator, and similar levels of quality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Also Mob Psycho 100.

Same creator, and higher levels of quality.

fixed it for you.

Not saying one punch man is bad, rather that mob psycho is just that amazing.