Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Looper posted:

the worst thing about dark souls 2 is that your soul memory is too low for me to invade and give you a noogie

I'm glad of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Now calling her over in the middle of the night to make you curry and give you special massages in a maid's costume, that's perfectly normal

Every time she calls me "Master" I'm all :yikes:

I actually can't decide who I want to romance in this one. Since Atlus hates gay people and I can't romance Yusuke :mad: I guess I'll romance the nerd girl (I haven't met her yet, I just don't like Ann in "that way" and Makoto is more like Brokoto to me, she's cool, and nerd girl is probably funny)

I wish the drunk reporter had better rewards for her s. link, because she's funny. My metagaming :(

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

precision posted:

I actually can't decide who I want to romance in this one. Since Atlus hates gay people and I can't romance Yusuke :mad: I guess I'll romance the nerd girl (I haven't met her yet, I just don't like Ann in "that way" and Makoto is more like Brokoto to me, she's cool, and nerd girl is probably funny)

I wish the drunk reporter had better rewards for her s. link, because she's funny. My metagaming :(

Once you know the nerd girl's story it might be a bit too skeevy, even more than dating any of the adults.

I dated Makoto but for NG+ I will probably go with Haru

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

makoto rules and people who date futaba go to real life jail

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

oddium posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwKHxzfmAOY

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Futaba is your kid sister, protect her

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

persona 3: burn my dread
persona 5: burn my bed

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

oddium posted:

I dated everyone in NG+, does this mean I go to jail

I would rather go to jail than watch that cutscene ever again, holy poo poo all the girls are legitimately angry or hurt and it made me feel bad

corn in the bible posted:

persona 5: burn my bed

sojiro's gettin upset!!!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

but you cant date a man cause thats JUST WRONG

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

but you cant date a man cause thats JUST WRONG

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

I have made peace with my urges to restart DS2 as a dex guy or a sorcerer and decided to stick with my cleric. I have seen the light, and it is called replay value. Namaste.

Comrade, you can respec, don't even worry about it.

oddium posted:

This is objectively correct

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

FauxLeather posted:

Futaba is your kid sister, protect her

oh, i guess now i know who that is

not much of a spoiler, i'd already kinda guessed it was something like that

yeah definitely not gonna date her then. you don't fish off the company pier.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Harrow posted:

Comrade, you can respec, don't even worry about it.

I'm gonna RESPEC my commitment to strength and faith on my current guy, and I'll thank you to respec it too

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i tried to beat persona 5 all weekend but after adding 20 hours to my play total in only 25 game days there's still more to go.

now i gotta think about it all day at work.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"I tried to beat Persona but it turns out there's like 30 more hours of game than I thought there were" seems to be that series' MO by this point.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I tried to play P3P last month but I got like 15 hours in and got totally bored of it, as happens with every JRPG I play.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

this is the first time i played one that didn't manage to trick me into with a bullshit bad ending dialog choice thought so that's a bonus. they still ask the bad ending questions but i'm wise now

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

wow

oddium posted:

who's guts

:frogout:

Jay Rust posted:

Guts is a popular character from Dark Souls

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

precision posted:

Yusuke and Yuuki would both work as gay relationships I think but Atlus sucks and won't put them in persona, for some loving reason.

Kawakimi is best girl tho.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I have heard Japan doesn't much care for gay people, c/d?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Takemi is the best, sorry.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Ometeotl posted:

Makoto is the best, sorry.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I have heard Japan doesn't much care for gay people, c/d?

It's getting better.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Whoa whoa wait a minute here!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Man, Prey got me with the jump scare that is in like every game that has a jump scare. I even knew something was coming because it was set up so transparently and yet it still got me

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi everybody, what's everyone up to right now

It's Monday but it feels like a Thursday to me, I really don't have any grasp on time anymore but I hope regardless of what time it is wherever you are that you are having a good day :)

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
If there was a Wario version of Bowser, would his name be Wowser?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Doesn't "Wa" stand for evil? The inverse Bowser would be good

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Some people say that Waluigi is a stupid name, and you can't just take the 'Wa' from 'Wario' and put it in front of 'Luigi', because that's lazy.

Those people are wrong and dumb. The 'Wa' in Wario's name comes from 'warui' meaning bad, and it actually fits Walui-gi better than it does War-io.

:goonsay: :japan:

FirstAidKite posted:

Hi everybody, what's everyone up to right now

It's Monday but it feels like a Thursday to me, I really don't have any grasp on time anymore but I hope regardless of what time it is wherever you are that you are having a good day :)

I'm playing video games! I finally got myself to start up Hacknet, which I got in a Humble Monthly a while ago now. I also just got Caves of Qud from a nice goon in the Steam gifting thread whose (whom's?) birthday is today, and I'm excited to play that too. :)

Olive! fucked around with this message at 06:58 on May 8, 2017

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I'm playing video games! I finally got myself to start up Hacknet, which I got in a Humble Monthly a while ago now. I also just got Caves of Qud from a nice goon in the Steam gifting thread whose (whom's?) birthday is today, and I'm excited to play that too. :)

Sweet! I haven't touched Hacknet yet but Caves of Qud is fuuuuun. It's also had some huge updates lately with the journal and water ritual being added in. Enjoy! :D

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U0blDjQ2Gg&t=1395s

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Doesn't "Wa" stand for evil? The inverse Bowser would be good

Bro-ser.

Some people say that Waluigi is a stupid name, and you can't just take the 'Wa' from 'Wario' and put it in front of 'Luigi', because that's lazy.

Those people are wrong and dumb. The 'Wa' in Wario's name comes from 'warui' meaning bad, and it actually fits Walui-gi better than it does War-io.

:goonsay: :japan:

Wario works in english because it has "war" in it, at least. If they actually localized the pun in their names they would be Malio and Maluigi, I guess, since "mal" means bad.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Guy Mann posted:

Wario works in english because it has "war" in it, at least. If they actually localized the pun in their names they would be Malio and Maluigi, I guess, since "mal" means bad.

Malevoluigi?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Not if you pronounce it wa-rui-oh. ;)

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Guy Mann posted:

If there was a Wario version of Bowser, would his name be Wowser?

Bwaroser.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Grapplejack posted:

Not if you pronounce it wa-rui-oh. ;)

Why would anyone pronounce it that way

e: are you suggesting there is no character for 'ri'

Olive! fucked around with this message at 07:46 on May 8, 2017

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I kind of wish there was a Prey demo besides "lol use Steam refunds" because everybody is making it sound like a real rad game but my computer doesn't mean the recommended specs so I'm worried it'll perform poorly.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

my good friend waLUigi saKAmoto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Kai Tave posted:

I kind of wish there was a Prey demo besides "lol use Steam refunds" because everybody is making it sound like a real rad game but my computer doesn't mean the recommended specs so I'm worried it'll perform poorly.

so use a steam refund

• Locked thread