Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah those are good dogs and by being automatically afraid of dobermans you're actually literally being unfairly prejudiced so not the best metaphor.

Reminder that Bloom County creator Berkeley Breathed once said of the guy who made that "it's ok to be scare of black people" cartoon, the following: "In the world of hardcore editorial cartoons, there's a small, unpleasant fellow with a very little penis, the result of a sneeze during circumcision, named Pat Oliphant—himself a Pulitzer winner—who threatened a boycott when my prize was announced in 1987."

Also, if you google that quote, half of the first six results you get will be of this thread or its ancestors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Reminder that Bloom County creator Berkeley Breathed once said of the guy who made that "it's ok to be scare of black people" cartoon, the following: "In the world of hardcore editorial cartoons, there's a small, unpleasant fellow with a very little penis, the result of a sneeze during circumcision, named Pat Oliphant—himself a Pulitzer winner—who threatened a boycott when my prize was announced in 1987."

Also, if you google that quote, half of the first six results you get will be of this thread or its ancestors.

Didn't Oliphant make some great comics after Trayvon Martin got shot? Something about a black mother talking to her son about how the cops might shoot him for no reason?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Internet Webguy posted:

We all died in the Susan Rice unmasking bombshell.

100's of millions dead due to Susan Rice's invention, unmasking.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Ah yes, time for the month of college bashing

I don't even own a calendar. I just go by Tinsley strips.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I'm probably wrong, but it felt like this was necessary.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Macron sighed as he drew his katana...

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

lmao

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Thank you.

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD
e:nm

ACRE & EQUAT fucked around with this message at 13:11 on May 8, 2017

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

she even does the politoons thread edits herself ahead of time!

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

"Better label the blood 'terrorism' so people know what the blood is from on the cake labeled 'open borders.'"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
i'm the hand butt

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Internet Webguy posted:

"Better label the blood 'terrorism' so people know what the blood is from on the cake labeled 'open borders.'"

Branco doesn't know how elections work.

Kurtofan posted:

i'm the hand butt

Looks more like hand boobs to me.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Internet Webguy posted:

Macron got almost double the votes compared to Le Pen.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Starving Wolf posted:

Looks more like hand boobs to me.

Branco also doesnt know how freedom of movememt works.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Internet Webguy posted:

The way Branco draws and colours it could be icing, so it needs the label.

Edible Hat
Jul 23, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
His depiction of Macron's teeth is pretty accurate, though (accidentally, I imagine).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
How often do foreign elections get noticed by the thread regulars? I can't really remember any in the past.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

How often do foreign elections get noticed by the thread regulars? I can't really remember any in the past.

France was a big one because the alternative to the boring mainstream candidate was a neo nazi holocaust denier

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

Starving Wolf posted:

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Branco also doesnt know how freedom of movememt works.

Branco hates both of these things.

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Wheany posted:

Macron got almost double the votes compared to Le Pen.
Le Pen would have won if we discount all of the illegal voters Hillary bussed in

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

Internet Webguy posted:

I thought it was meatloaf before I read the text.

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

OK I refuse to read these because of the way the text is oriented. Are they originally that terrible, Kerning wise, or are they edits?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Nikeyg1/status/861298992646324226

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

du -hast posted:

OK I refuse to read these because of the way the text is oriented. Are they originally that terrible, Kerning wise, or are they edits?

It's just whoever's translating them, the originals are in Swedish.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Elections are often harder on the constituents...

Scholtz fucked around with this message at 10:31 on May 8, 2017

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

du -hast posted:

Man - the author is going to be pissed when she finds out you refuse to read them because of the way the text is oriented!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Internet Webguy posted:

You gotta give me the blood!

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I legit thought that was supposed to be jam.

How is Branco so very bad at this?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

du -hast posted:

Not the one doing these, but the original is in Swedish and the text is much bigger then.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Last time I checked the French economy is good enough that the common people are well off enough they can even afford cake, so way to go with loving up the context of that quote.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Hillary is joining the resistance!

And Niki Smith on Trump and Godwin's law.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

logger posted:

Last time I checked the French economy is good enough that the common people are well off enough they can even afford cake, so way to go with loving up the context of that quote.

You seem to have missed that the cake, in this cartoon, is open boarders. I'm not going to claim that the metaphor tracks all the way through, it's really just a french thing to say devoid of meaning there, but the cartoon is not invalidated by a french janitor being able to buy a slice of cake.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

That's a good read there.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Pages back, but niiiiiiiiice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

In related news, Matt Furie published a one-page funeral for Pepe on Free Comic Book Day.

• Locked thread