Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Perfect end to a perfect night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

iajanus posted:

Perfect end to a perfect night.

Nah, dude didn't get his nose and / or jaw broken.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

Anidav posted:

So ALP is protectionist now making them pretty remarkably close to the KAP no?

https://twitter.com/Rashidajourno/status/861426320143548420

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Anidav was right once again :agesilaus:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

Anidav was right once again :agesilaus:
When it comes to QLD politics, I don't doubt you, dude.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Now someone do a lovely book cover of bill Shorten animorphing into bob katter.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
This marvellous school community at St Thomas Moore’s, what we see is a school community of about 150 students. There’s half of the kids here whose parents work in defence. This school community is faced, because of Mr Turnbull’s cuts to education and schools funding, this school community faces every parent paying an extra $5,000 per year – an extra $5,000 increase in fees per year because of Mr Turnbull’s cuts.

- Bill upon checking his notes

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Looks like the ALP are getting in trouble again for not being diverse enough. Makes you wonder who votes for these clowns.

https://twitter.com/Feeney4Batman/status/861420264399097856

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Bogan King posted:

Looks like the ALP are getting in trouble again for not being diverse enough. Makes you wonder who votes for these clowns.

Hey at least one of them's red.

Kafka Syrup
Apr 29, 2009

Bogan King posted:

Honestly, it's super valid criticism and something we're not doing enough to address in the party. We have some spectacular people of colour elected in subnational levels, but we consistently preselect middle-of-the-road white professionals to winnable federal positions.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/joshbutler/status/861458400252526592

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

lmao

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

https://twitter.com/RealMarkLatham/status/861462218688176128

Be back in parliament in no time I'm sure.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:laffo:

Does that mean lionhat's party actually has two members now?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:laffo:

Does that mean lionhat's party actually has two members now?

Yes for every definition of member.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Kafka Syrup posted:

Honestly, it's super valid criticism and something we're not doing enough to address in the party. We have some spectacular people of colour elected in subnational levels, but we consistently preselect middle-of-the-road white professionals to winnable federal positions.

There's some solid people of colour running for candidacy in those winnable lower house seats surrounding Bandt's. We'll see who actually gets the nomination though, and then beyond that if they actually win it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Mark Latham posted:

DECISION TO JOIN LIBERAL DEMOCRATS
Recently I attended the Liberty Conference in Sydney, a wonderful forum supporting freedom of speech and opposing PC, social engineering and cultural Marxism. Debate and ideas flourished, unlike today's Labor Party, which has barred me from speaking at membership events in Western Sydney (via Sussex Street Stalinist Rose Jackson). I support 80-90 percent of the Liberal Democrats platform, pretty good for someone with strong views formed over a long period of time. Plus, as a party of freedom, the Liberal Democrats allow room for dissent and diversity of opinion (Shorten Labor is only interested in diversity of skin colour, gender and sexuality - Safe Schools BS).
So I have joined up and want to play a role in fighting for our national values, based on personal freedom and responsibility.
I will be on The Bolt Report tonight at 7pm talking about this decision, and the wrongness of Dastyari/Shorten Labor. I wouldn't normally be on that channel but Andrew Bolt has been a great champion of freedom of speech, including mine. We trust you, THE PEOPLE, to listen to various views and make up your own mind about political issues!! It's called DEMOCRACY!!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Mark gets kicked out of the sky news offices by security.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
Didn't Leyonhjelm come last in NSW federal senate count?
Latham probably will need quite some work to get in if thats his intention.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Mark Latham posted:

DECISION TO JOIN LIBERAL DEMOCRATS
Recently I attended the Liberty Conference in Sydney, a wonderful forum supporting freedom of speech and opposing PC, social engineering and cultural Marxism. Debate and ideas flourished, unlike today's Labor Party, which has barred me from speaking at membership events in Western Sydney (via Sussex Street Stalinist Rose Jackson). I support 80-90 percent of the Liberal Democrats platform, pretty good for someone with strong views formed over a long period of time. Plus, as a party of freedom, the Liberal Democrats allow room for dissent and diversity of opinion (Shorten Labor is only interested in diversity of skin colour, gender and sexuality - Safe Schools BS).
So I have joined up and want to play a role in fighting for our national values, based on personal freedom and responsibility.
I will be on The Bolt Report tonight at 7pm talking about this decision, and the wrongness of Dastyari/Shorten Labor. I wouldn't normally be on that channel but Andrew Bolt has been a great champion of freedom of speech, including mine. We trust you, THE PEOPLE, to listen to various views and make up your own mind about political issues!! It's called DEMOCRACY!!

Sir, this is a McDonalds drive-through.

foolish_fool
Jul 22, 2010

Lid posted:

This marvellous school community at St Thomas Moore’s, what we see is a school community of about 150 students. There’s half of the kids here whose parents work in defence. This school community is faced, because of Mr Turnbull’s cuts to education and schools funding, this school community faces every parent paying an extra $5,000 per year – an extra $5,000 increase in fees per year because of Mr Turnbull’s cuts.

- Bill upon checking his notes

This $5000 extra thing seems bizarrely huge given the school fees currently appear to be less than $4000 per year.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/lanesainty/status/861370083741806594

:thumbsup:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

#scabchat

https://twitter.com/NickEvershed/status/861468478934466560

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS

Corey tried to warn us

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm still cracking up at Latham joining Lib Dems. It's probably the most perfect Auspol moment in a generation.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

It might have been a conscious decision but I think "the labor party is completely tone deaf" is always a plausible explanation (even though "the labor party panders to racists".is also very plausible).

The Labor Party isn't tone deaf at all. It just holds certain opinions - certain marginal seat working class opinions - to be more valuable than the race-conscious Twitterati who all vote Green anyway. Shorten (or one of his staffers) only made a response on Twitter to butter that particular demographic up again anyway. Nobody else cares if the ad was subtly racist. It's not running on the evening news bulletins, is it?

I absolutely guarantee you federal Labor has a very large team of people with degrees in marketing, PR, psychology etc working on their ads, and I absolutely guarantee you that team made the deliberate and conscious decision to represent "real Australians" as an all-white bloc. That's what plays well in western Sydney and rust belt Queensland. Nobody cares what the inner-city Melbourne Twitterati think, even if the advertising team is largely comprised of inner-city Melbourne Twitterati.

edit - OK the ad is now on Ten News, but it's 23 minutes past the hour and it's only because it went viral and it's wrapped up in their Monday politics package anyway.

freebooter fucked around with this message at 08:23 on May 8, 2017

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Bogan King posted:

I'm still cracking up at Latham joining Lib Dems. It's probably the most perfect Auspol moment in a generation.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Actually the ad aired specifically on rural QLD TV channels

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Anidav posted:

Well exactly. You think some wavering potential One Nation voter in Townsville wants to see darkies in the crowd of "ordinary Australians"? It's loving gross but what fascinates me is that anyone could think (or that Bill Shorten could claim) it was an accident.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Why does Latham hate Sam Dastyari?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Anidav posted:

like ipswich Logan

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Sometimes when you stare into the abyss,

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Probably due to his skin colour and maybe in a different faction in the Labor Party to what Latham used to be in

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

You realise you're looking for logic from this guy right?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Hate is Latham's self-admitted natural state of being.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Sam from the inner west was ragging on the price of houses in the northern suburbs triggering cuckflake Mark in the south west

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yes, It was most likely an ad designed to speak with the people of Ipswich. Though I doubt it would swing anyone in Katterstan up north. Polling shows ONP vote weakening so ALP want to get a message in first before the LNP and turn a bunch of permablue seats red.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Birdstrike posted:

Sam from the inner west was ragging on the price of houses in the northern suburbs triggering cuckflake Mark in the south west

Don't know if it's been posted but here is the video. It's not bad, to be honest. And he says "loving" which is kind of brave for a pollie.

https://www.facebook.com/senator.sam.dastyari/videos/784450785036745/

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
the libdems now have true diversity: both sides of the ashley martin before/after ad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Caption: The people of Ipswich look up to the sky after hearing a booming working class voice mention 457 visas.

• Locked thread