Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Oh, and here is my result from the double SP event:

She just needs a special now. I'm thinking Draconic Aura.

I hope they do double SP again. I thought I was never gonna get enough points for all those skills!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I've used the same Klein/Kagero/Reinhardt/Ninian arena defense team for at least a month now. It's OK and still gets ~2 defenses per round, but I went loving nuts with the double SP event and burned through 64,000 feathers and 37 stamina potions to finish my builds for all of my 5* characters I care about.

Here's the list of with photos of their builds linked:

RED

(+2, +atk/-spd)
(-spd/+res)
(+spd/-def, will put Rauðrraven+ on her eventually)

BLUE

(+spd/-res)
(+def/-spd)
(+1, +res/-spd)
(+1, +atk/-res, will inherit Fortify Def 3 on her eventually)

GREEN

(+res/-hp)
(+atk/-res)

COLORLESS

(+def/-hp)
(+atk/-res)

Any advice on what would make my best possible defense team? I'm using Ike/Reinhardt/Hector/Ninian for my offense team, but I imagine a different composition would be preferable on defense.

surf rock fucked around with this message at 05:06 on May 8, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
use TIMG if you want to use pictures

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Kagero, Ninian, Julia and Sanaki.

Kagero should be able to burst any infantry while Julia and Sanaki kill the armors and dragons.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

I'm pretty sure that your Ike is -def +res.

As for your defense team I'd keep your dance and Reinhardt, but I'd put Julia in there (maybe removing smite since I've never seen the AI use it well) and fill the last slot with Klein or Effie depending on the map rotation.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.

Nihilarian posted:

I don't know who the hell you two are but you're a sight for sore eyes

up to 5 5* heroes now

I really recommend putting swordbreaker on eldigan. He's been absolutely awesome for me wrecking other sword lords and his hp holds up decently enough even with fury 3.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I have a +ATK Eldigan and I put Vantage on him. He is the reason why I destroyed Michalis's map because he just sat in front of him and his team as a giant mounted wall of You Shall Not Pass.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I can't decide if I want WoM for "surprise axe-murderer" or vantage for more consistency on my Hector... He'd mainly be for the defense squad, since Offense squad is Rein/Nino/Olivia/bonus.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Vantage Hector and give WoM to Olivia for extreme trolling potential.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

God Hector with my last free pull which needed the 3 free orbs today. Thank god. Sucks I got him right after the double SP count ended, but so happy regardless.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

mistaya posted:

I can't decide if I want WoM for "surprise axe-murderer" or vantage for more consistency on my Hector... He'd mainly be for the defense squad, since Offense squad is Rein/Nino/Olivia/bonus.
I had both WoM and Renewal on my old Hector (iced him to Eirika when I got one with better IVs). Both hardly saw any use. At least Renewal kept Armads active a little more often, but I could probably count on one hand the number of times I used WoM with him and not even use all my fingers. My new Hector is getting Vantage. I might even throw in Green Tomebreaker to gently caress with Julia/Nino in the Arena.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

I had both WoM and Renewal on my old Hector (iced him to Eirika when I got one with better IVs). Both hardly saw any use. At least Renewal kept Armads active a little more often, but I could probably count on one hand the number of times I used WoM with him and not even use all my fingers. My new Hector is getting Vantage. I might even throw in Green Tomebreaker to gently caress with Julia/Nino in the Arena.

Wings of Mercy Hector isn't for you to use, it's for the AI in arena defense to ruin some poor sap's day with.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I get a decent amount of use out of WoM 2 on Hector, but it seems more useful outside of the arena where you split your team sometimes. I'll defo be giving him vantage as soon as I roll another Lon'qu though.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

akulanization posted:

Wings of Mercy Hector isn't for you to use, it's for the AI in arena defense to ruin some poor sap's day with.
And I've seen it in the arena plenty of times and it's not posed as much of a threat as Vantage. Arena is much more focused on OHKO or ORKO-ing the enemy so it doesn't come up all that often. A bulky Hector with Vantage and a WoM Dancer up his rear end. Now there's a threat.

If you want defense wins, you're better off putting Drawback/Swap/Pivot on Hector (or anyone, really) because the AI is pretty damned good at over-lapping areas of threat and giving the human opponent few good options to attack or bait (looking at you Reinhardt/Cecilia).

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Roger Explosion posted:

And I've seen it in the arena plenty of times and it's not posed as much of a threat as Vantage. Arena is much more focused on OHKO or ORKO-ing the enemy so it doesn't come up all that often. A bulky Hector with Vantage and a WoM Dancer up his rear end. Now there's a threat.

If you want defense wins, you're better off putting Drawback/Swap/Pivot on Hector (or anyone, really) because the AI is pretty damned good at over-lapping areas of threat and giving the human opponent few good options to attack or bait (looking at you Reinhardt/Cecilia).

Pivot is great on Hector, it effectively lets you trade his lovely movement off on somebody else so he can lead the charge. Half of my games start Hector playing leapfrog with Ryoma

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

Vantage Hector is a problem that you solve on the team building level, which makes it easier to solve. WoM Hector is a problem you have to solve with correct tactical play, which means that there is always a chance you gently caress it up.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

akulanization posted:

Vantage Hector is a problem that you solve on the team building level, which makes it easier to solve. WoM Hector is a problem you have to solve with correct tactical play, which means that there is always a chance you gently caress it up.
Sure, if you're bad at video games. :clint:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

Sure, if you're bad at video games. :clint:

:ssh: There are a lot of people who are bad at video games

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
i just put my level 22 sheena at the front with my two hectors and effie hiding behind her and scroll down the list of defenses from players with an archer as their lead

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

TheKingofSprings posted:

What was wrong with Clair's art?

Echoes art:

Heroes art:

Basically, the Echoes artist put together a communicative redesign of the character with attention to things like clothing material and body language. Meanwhile the Heroes artist got really horny, dialed up the tittos, went for an arched-back-and-bedroom-eyes pose, and turned the leather into shrink wrap.

It's not some massive outrage for a game that is partially marketed as being about collecting your fave hot babes, but it's definitely a particularly dumb case.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
As foretold, we have a girls versus boys magic gauntlet.

Tharja is going to win because of her tatty bojangles, right?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Roger Explosion posted:

Probably, but the new system will keep it close, maybe

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Gauntlet: good heroes v bad heroes(and mrobin)

E: why is arena still off

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Roger Explosion posted:

Pretty much. I'm guessing Robin for second place.

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

I pulled a -Atk Takumi. Should I feed him to my Kagero for close counter?

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
This is my first gauntlet thingie. How does this work ?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Skyridge posted:

I pulled a -Atk Takumi. Should I feed him to my Kagero for close counter?

Isn't Kagero liable to be OHKOed and not get a chance to counter at all?

Hammerstein posted:

This is my first gauntlet thingie. How does this work ?

Pick a waifu and/or husbando. Battle every 30 minutes. On a win you get 10 times the number of friends you have points, max 100. 10% bonus if you possess the hero you support. Spend flags obtained via quests to boost the number of points. The hero with more points advances to the next round. Then you get feathers based on various things.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
You get a bonus for picking the same character as your team leader.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Right, I dunno why I mixed that up.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
Yeah I was just about to say the male focus is fuckin' garbage compared to the female focus, haha.

There's also a 1.5x EXP event on if you opened good characters from Hero Fest at the last minute and need to level them quicker, I guess.

The new arena reward system seems like it hands out dramatically less feathers unless you're already at the top end in exchange for 1-4 orbs?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I was gonna spend my orbs on the voting gauntlet chasing Linde but...

Bride weapon (probably) datamined. I think I'll just wait for that, then

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Got a +SPD/-HP Julia. Apparently that gives her +4 SPD, which seems good - puts her at 33 speed with Fury 3. That's all I wanted from this banner, time to save orbs for the Celica banner.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
If the only character I still really want is Reinhardt, is it better to spend orbs on the World of Radiance banner so I have less chance of another Linde or Robin ?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

ungulateman posted:

The new arena reward system seems like it hands out dramatically less feathers unless you're already at the top end in exchange for 1-4 orbs?

The way it's worded I don't think they have changed the offense or defense rewards, they are changing the rank rewards to tier rewards, which means you won't need to break an offense score of 4000 to get rank rewards. Basically they're making it way easier to get a few extra feathers, but over tier 8 you can get demoted.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
A minute before the heroes banner expired I took one last roll hoping for a better hector and got a -RES +DEF Nino. Better than my -SPD +RES one I guess but I'm not really in a huge rush to 5* it since it's not +attack.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

Nuebot posted:

A minute before the heroes banner expired I took one last roll hoping for a better hector and got a -RES +DEF Nino. Better than my -SPD +RES one I guess but I'm not really in a huge rush to 5* it since it's not +attack.

I rolled a bunch of 3* Ninos when i started my account and merged them all into a +res -spd one before i knew there was an IV system. Same with Cecilia, except I also merged the 2* one i got from the F2P rotation into her for no reason.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Nuebot posted:

I did that too, but I got a 3* Oboro and a 3* Frederick instead.

Which means all in all I threw 82 orbs into that banner and didn't get a single 5*.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Ready to marry Ike.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Akett posted:

The way it's worded I don't think they have changed the offense or defense rewards, they are changing the rank rewards to tier rewards, which means you won't need to break an offense score of 4000 to get rank rewards. Basically they're making it way easier to get a few extra feathers, but over tier 8 you can get demoted.

I think the way it will work is that you will be competing against the players who are the same tier as you rather than the whole population. That means that if you've ranked every week since launch (tier 15) your score will be compared to other rank 15 players and then you'll be sorted into 4 groups: the first group, the highest scoring decile, will advance to tier 17; then the rest of the players above the mean score will advance to tier 16; the quintile below them don't change; and the bottom thirty percent of the group will be demoted to tier 14. Overall this will be the same amount of feathers for people who were scoring below the top 10k if they can avoid demotion under the new system. If you were a player since launch but couldn't crack the top 30k then this system should give you more feathers at least for a few weeks. If you reliably scored in the top 5k or better then you should be able to advance but will probably get fewer overall feathers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Just rolled Titania and is she any good? I'd hope so since she's cool but a look at the wiki suggests maybe not. Though with an emerald axe I guess she's good against basically every Blue which is nice since they might be the units I have the most trouble with.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 09:45 on May 8, 2017