Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I guess he finally got... the Kiss of Death

*puts on sunglasses"

YEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

:(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

There goes all the League Teams line up :(

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
94 is awesome. Good job Lou.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
And on the weekend that the kiss of death cleaned up in the tipping too

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Someone check on Bob Skilton and Peter Landy

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

TG-Chrono posted:

Killed by Nathan Buckley.

did he die of shame?

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!
I reckon my real first memories of watching sport of the TV were of Lou & co on Wide World of Sport.
What a bloody legend.

spamman
Jul 11, 2002

Chin up Tiger, There is always next season...
I mostly watched him do the handball on the Sunday footy show. 94 is a top effort.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

My first memories of Lou go back to the late 60's and 70's. He would take the piss out of sponsors products that were the prizes for winning the handball competition which I would watch religiously. He was always cracking the other guys up, not just in front of the camera: there was a lot of laughter in that show from the production staff too. He was a terror, and the template for footy presenters after him. The worst thing about this was having to endure minutes of Eddie Everywhere going on about him. He was so much bigger than just Collingwood.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

spamman posted:

I mostly watched him do the handball on the Sunday footy show. 94 is a top effort.

Yeah, eight 10s and two 7s

pkid
Jan 30, 2005

I was raised on the dairy, BITCH!

spamman posted:

MOVE THE TARGET!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yeah, eight 10s and two 7s

Brilliant.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Fifty Five-i

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"It's a tough job, umpiring (when we change the rules arbitrarily every year)."

Good stuff Gil.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Footage of Lindsay Thomas's hit around 35 seconds in:

https://twitter.com/talkingfooty/status/861526339593031681

Worth 8 weeks plus tbh. Disgraceful.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Shmoses posted:

I don't know what's worse, "That's bad news for Lindsay Thomas" and forgetting the guy he hit spent the night in hospital, or the mental gymnastics it takes to think Daisy is the one who needs to fix the contract by removing the clause, so that Carlton can stop dropping him to avoid the trigger, even though they're going to trigger it anyway, so why the gently caress are they dropping him

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

gently caress off you piece of poo poo Lindsay. Pathetic stager and a gutless sniper all wrapped into one.

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Remarkable that he survived the cleanout last year

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

NTRabbit posted:

I don't know what's worse, "That's bad news for Lindsay Thomas" and forgetting the guy he hit spent the night in hospital, or the mental gymnastics it takes to think Daisy is the one who needs to fix the contract by removing the clause, so that Carlton can stop dropping him to avoid the trigger, even though they're going to trigger it anyway, so why the gently caress are they dropping him

Maybe Carlton don't care about the trigger clause at all and are not playing him because he's borderline best 22/not part of the future

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
That's the kind of poo poo that turned me off playing senior amo's when I was finishing junior footy, and to have an AFL contracted player do it is disgusting.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

hiddenmovement posted:

Maybe Carlton don't care about the trigger clause at all and are not playing him because he's borderline best 22/not part of the future

Still pretty typical Darce poo poo to heap that back on the player, when the club agreed to the contract in the first place.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
SPS gets this weeks rising star nom, making it two in a row for Carlton with Marchbank last week.

His highlight reel from Round 7:
https://twitter.com/CarltonFC/status/861542461641940994
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/sites/Carlton/news/2017-05-08/samo-earns-rising-star-nod

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

racing identity posted:

Remarkable that he survived the cleanout last year

Astounding that they kept him but dropped boomer, who looked like he'd be a genuine match winner for 1-2 more years

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

ZombieJesus posted:

Astounding that they kept him but dropped boomer, who looked like he'd be a genuine match winner for 1-2 more years

You can't delist all of them at once, Thomas would still have some time on his contract, while the four that got dumped didn't. Same thing happened during the Harvey cleanout at Freo, it takes a couple if not three seasons to do a full turnover.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
No new teams to enter the AFLW competition in 2018, minimum of 2 new teams in 2019, possibly more.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-09/aflw-competition-to-expand-in-2019/8511132

https://twitter.com/duncs_h/status/861812299534811136

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Shmoses posted:

It was basically a drive-by elbow. Maynard had no way of protecting himself or even anticipating the hit

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Testekill posted:

It was basically a drive-by elbow. Maynard had no way of protecting himself or even anticipating the hit

He got three weeks which blows my mind. Effectively five due to the vagaries of the fixture

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Testekill posted:

That's absolutely loving pathetic.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Everyone shut up about Thomas being a dog and look at the new Bulldogs mascot

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2017-05-09/hail-caesar-a-new-king-is-crowned

He is adorable and will be the best.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
Let the doggo run around on the pitch with the auskick kids at half time imo.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Good old pin dick Nick defending Thomas

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

I wish Essendon actually went the way of Fitzroy due to the whole drugs thing so that I could just be a doggo supporter

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

thepokey posted:

I wish Essendon actually went the way of Fitzroy due to the whole drugs thing so that I could just be a doggo supporter

Dons could have rebranded themselves to something that would have a cool animal mascot. The Essendon Red Pandas!

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

:same: but Melbourne

And also Essendon

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

gently caress it, rebrand all teams to different types of dogs then everyone wins. Footscray only have the market on bulldogs, there are at least 17 other breeds of dogs

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

thepokey posted:

gently caress it, rebrand all teams to different types of dogs then everyone wins. Footscray only have the market on bulldogs, there are at least 17 other breeds of dogs

Hawthorn Cavoodles

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

We can be the Essendon Sniffer Dogs, that way our mascot can double up as a measure of making sure we are always on the straight and narrow

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

thepokey posted:

We can be the Essendon Sniffer Dogs, that way our mascot can double up as a measure of making sure we are always on the straight and narrow

Suns already have dibs on sniffer dogs

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I wonder when they'll retire Auzzie the Eagle

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Suns already have dibs on sniffer dogs

:drat:

Adelaide Alsatians

Port Adelaide Pitbulls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Testekill posted:

Everyone shut up about Thomas being a dog and look at the new Bulldogs mascot

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/news/2017-05-09/hail-caesar-a-new-king-is-crowned

He is adorable and will be the best.
I was worried Sid had died but no he's just quitting while he's ahead.

• Locked thread