Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
New strat to guarantee top 50. Parachute directly onto a boat and take it out to one of the rock islands. Pass the time by trying to climb the rock. Move to the zone as appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

My friend just got this bug lol

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

qkkl posted:

New strat to guarantee top 50. Parachute directly onto a boat and take it out to one of the rock islands. Pass the time by trying to climb the rock. Move to the zone as appropriate.

Yeah or you could play the game

funny Star Wars parody posted:

My friend just got this bug lol

pro af

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ok they absolutely need to add an option for 0m zeroing. At this point there is no way to reliably get close range headshots with sniper rifles without actually knowing how much 100m zeroing affects the aim.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

qkkl posted:

Ok they absolutely need to add an option for 0m zeroing. At this point there is no way to reliably get close range headshots with sniper rifles without actually knowing how much 100m zeroing affects the aim.

Maybe don't use sniper rifles at close range?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Party Plane Jones posted:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

qkkl posted:

If you compile a list of things that need to be fixed, I can try to get them to PU himself.

VulgarandStupid fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 8, 2017

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

If you compile a list of things that need to be fixed, I can try to get them to PU himself.

This game has a distinct lack of FN FALs.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

When I say close range I mean like 20-50m. If I only have a shotgun and a sniper rifle, then I need to make that first headshot.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

qkkl posted:

When I say close range I mean like 20-50m. If I only have a shotgun and a sniper rifle, then I need to make that first headshot.

You need to stop being such a big baby, ditch the sniper rifle and get yourself a SCAR.

Gr4vyB04t fucked around with this message at 06:30 on May 8, 2017

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

qkkl posted:

Listen man, if you know you're bad, and you know the game is bad, maybe aim loving center mass.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Shotguns can kill at 20-50m away without help.

https://clips.twitch.tv/MuddyPhilanthropicCheetahPicoMause

That's a sk12 too. No choke on that.

Futuresight fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 8, 2017

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Futuresight posted:

Shotguns can kill at 20-50m away without help.

https://clips.twitch.tv/MuddyPhilanthropicCheetahPicoMause

That's a sk12 too. No choke on that.

The point is shotguns can't instantly kill at that range. If you manage to sneak within 30m of a camper and you have sniper rifle you should kill him almost 100% of the time.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Being able to zero for 0m would be great for the school drop I had where the first gun I found was a Kar and the first gun killer found was a Micro Uzi :argh:

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

qkkl posted:

The point is shotguns can't instantly kill at that range. If you manage to sneak within 30m of a camper and you have sniper rifle you should kill him almost 100% of the time.

It feels like just yesterday you were asking if bullets even had drop, and today you are an expert at all things PUBG telling more seasoned players they are wrong. Oh wait, it was yesterday.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

pubg makes monsters of us all

e: close one lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4dkLLNWT7I

mbt fucked around with this message at 07:18 on May 8, 2017

Fauxshiz
Jan 3, 2007
Jumbo Sized

qkkl posted:

If you manage to sneak that close to a camper you should loving commit to the shotgun.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Studio posted:

Being able to zero for 0m would be great for the school drop I had where the first gun I found was a Kar and the first gun killer found was a Micro Uzi :argh:

Spoiler alert: the Kar has never been able to zero for 0m. Lowest ranging is 100m on K models and (lol) 400 on Gewehr98 /Kar98a which was used in WW1.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Zeroing becomes real weird at close ranges because of the barrel's position relative to the scope means that it hits lower the closer you get rather than lower the further you get at higher ranges because at close the barrel position is more important. It's not a game like CS where the bullet comes out at the crosshair. You're not going to be zeroing at tiny increments so one way or another you're going to be adjusting your aim from whatever zero you put it at and 100m is perfectly fine for that. Aim at the top of the head because it will hit below the crosshair at those ranges.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
They really need to fix and/or bump up the pistol's sights and damage in order to make them relevant. As it stands aside from the mad dash for guns during the beginning of the match not many people bother to carry them.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

VulgarandStupid posted:

It feels like just yesterday you were asking if bullets even had drop, and today you are an expert at all things PUBG telling more seasoned players they are wrong. Oh wait, it was yesterday.

I'm actually just offering suggestions on how to make it friendlier to newer players.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

They really need to fix and/or bump up the pistol's sights and damage in order to make them relevant. As it stands aside from the mad dash for guns during the beginning of the match not many people bother to carry them.

If it's the first thing I come across I'll grab one, but after I have a shotgun or an SMG I drop that thing like a bad habit. Unless it's a revolver, I skip that thing entirely.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
Revolver would be 1000x better if you could open doors while reloading.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

The iron sights/ADS on pistols are legitimately bugged. You're first shot will be on target, and the rest will not be remotely close. It would be kind of neat to see a scope you could put on the revolver, maybe like a 2x. Other than that, it's not surprising that pistols are near useless. Melee weapons are as well, and when they add takedowns they're gonna be even more useless.

At least in Arma 3 BR, you could have a skorpion or an Micro Uzi in your pistol slot, and I once pulled my Uzi to kill the last guy when I ran out of rifle mags. Hell, I even got a regular pistol kill once when I was clearing a house, me and an enemy mag dumped eachother scoring hits but no kills, then while sat there staring at eachother durign the reload, I remembered I had a pistol and dumped that into him.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

qkkl posted:

noted wrong poster qkkl says another wrong thing

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

At least in Arma 3 BR, you could have a skorpion or an Micro Uzi in your pistol slot, and I once pulled my Uzi to kill the last guy when I ran out of rifle mags. Hell, I even got a regular pistol kill once when I was clearing a house, me and an enemy mag dumped eachother scoring hits but no kills, then while sat there staring at eachother durign the reload, I remembered I had a pistol and dumped that into him.

Glock 18c or bust (give us more machine pistols or mare legs or something, Bluehole)

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Glock 18c or bust (give us more machine pistols or mare legs or something, Bluehole)

Give me Five-Seven or give me death

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Speaking of guns in strange French Calibers, how about a P-90?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

You don't want them to add more ammo types to the game...

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Having personally fired both the Five-Seven and P90, the P90 would be fun, the Five-Seven not so much.

VulgarandStupid posted:

This too...*so* much time spent mulching .380 ammo in H1Z1...

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 08:52 on May 8, 2017

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

VulgarandStupid posted:

No, but I like the five-seven. Sue me

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

No, but I like the five-seven. Sue me

It's just a pistol in a game where you can have two primaries and a pan, who cares? I bet more people would want dual berretas anyway.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
Let me have an airhorn in my pistol slot so I can just run around blaring an air horn from the back of a motorcycle the whole match.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

VulgarandStupid posted:

It's just a pistol in a game where you can have two primaries and a pan, who cares? I bet more people would want dual berretas anyway.

If we're seriously going to discuss what this game needs, it's another AR that takes 7.62

Commoners posted:

Let me have an airhorn in my pistol slot so I can just run around blaring an air horn from the back of a motorcycle the whole match.

and this

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

Look I need guns with 98 different calibers, none of them interchangeable and if I can't get my special snowflake .454 Casull revolver I WILL SUE

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Commoners posted:

Just do it in local chat.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

If we're seriously going to discuss what this game needs, it's another AR that takes 7.62

FAL. At least FN will be represented.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The icons for the shotgun and the KAR are too similar. I was wondering why the guy I was shooting didn't die after I hit him 3 times with my KAR, only to see I had my shotgun out all along.

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Look I need guns with 98 different calibers, none of them interchangeable and if I can't get my special snowflake .454 Casull revolver I WILL SUE

Yeah. Since they already do ammo commonality for the sake of having less ammo types just make them use existing ammo types but tweak the damage for balance.

AnElegantPeacock posted:

FAL. At least FN will be represented.

SCAR's already in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

NickBlasta posted:

SCAR's already in the game.

Oh, I always had it in my head that it was an American gun :patriot:

• Locked thread