Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
Bofors makes 7.62 guns don't they? AK 5 anyone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I don't even know what I would want them to add to the game, weapon wise. They've already got a good spread of rifles and shotguns and if they keep adding more and more into those categories it could end up making the individual guns feel too similar to one another.

Then you've got stuff like rocket/grenade launchers that could be kinda fun but this game is one of the few where it's pretty rare that you'll just die instantaneously out of nowhere, and adding a rocket launcher definitely isn't going to help that.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte
True, but it's a crime that there's only one 7.62 AR is my point. A more modular AKM-type rifle with 7.62 ammo would be nice.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

PantsBandit posted:

I don't even know what I would want them to add to the game, weapon wise. They've already got a good spread of rifles and shotguns and if they keep adding more and more into those categories it could end up making the individual guns feel too similar to one another.

Then you've got stuff like rocket/grenade launchers that could be kinda fun but this game is one of the few where it's pretty rare that you'll just die instantaneously out of nowhere, and adding a rocket launcher definitely isn't going to help that.

They've already made it so you can't get 1 shot killed in the body as long as you have any vest, and you can tell it's intentional. I think they are purposely avoiding long range explosives because people really don't like getting one shot killed, especially with indirect fire.

I don't really think adding a new weapon every month is gonna be all that great, unless they can actually fill new roles. Having 3 5.56 rifles doesn't do that much, sure the M16 is burst but the SCAR and M4 are so similar, without much personality. If anything I'd rather just have them fix what's wrong with the SKS and M24 instead of adding new weapons.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

PantsBandit posted:

but this game is one of the few where it's pretty rare that you'll just die instantaneously out of nowhere

Wait, what?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Xachariah posted:

Wait, what?

I stand by it. Yes, you can be put in bad situations where you have no way out but if you have a decent helmet you'll almost never be straight up one shot if you're paying attention.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

Can I just get a drat PSO-1 scope instead of whatever garbage we currently have.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
The FAMAS might be interesting, and someone already posted the MP5 will probably make an appearance based on the weapons package they're licensing.

I think anyone advocating for the FAL just wants people carrying a huge gun that has the recoil of an ACME cannon. Here's hoping they keep the AWM as the biggest rifle and don't cave to CoD idiots who want .50BMG sniper rifles in everything.

I wouldn't say no to an M79 in the sidearm slot as another crate drop weapon, though - so long as they have it keep the minimum arming distance and lose the guide line.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The FAMAS might be interesting, and someone already posted the MP5 will probably make an appearance based on the weapons package they're licensing.

I think anyone advocating for the FAL just wants people carrying a huge gun that has the recoil of an ACME cannon. Here's hoping they keep the AWM as the biggest rifle and don't cave to CoD idiots who want .50BMG sniper rifles in everything.

I wouldn't say no to an M79 in the sidearm slot as another crate drop weapon, though - so long as they have it keep the minimum arming distance and lose the guide line.

I just really dig the aesthetic of those mid Cold War European assault rifles. Imagine a G3 with the original wood furniture. That would fit right in I think.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

AnElegantPeacock posted:

I just really dig the aesthetic of those mid Cold War European assault rifles. Imagine a G3 with the original wood furniture. That would fit right in I think.

Under that logic, so would a Mosin, and it'd fit with the setting, too.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
How in the hell do people get punched to death 20 minutes into a match?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Yodzilla posted:

Imagine just barely surviving a firefight and going to loot bodies...when suddenly you get KO'd from a sneaky Superman punch.

I only say this because it happened to me. I couldn't hear the dude because of firebombs and while I was fiddling with my inventory I got dropped.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

Could be disconnected and the person who finds them decided to punch em.

In duos and squads you can also get team mates crashing and best option is usually to punch them if you don't have a lot of ammo and want their stuff.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

...MP5 will probably make an appearance based on the weapons package they're licensing.

An MP5 would be pretty cool especially because I haven't gotten to use one in CS for a long time hehe.

I completely agree that a 50 BMG is unnecessary and potentially crazy OP with semi-auto and all.
Btw, is the M24 meant to be better than a KAR98? If yes, in terms of what, accuracy? I'm asking because wouldn't the KAR98 with a proper 8mm mauser technically be more powerful?

I think an M79 would be extremely difficult to get right and balance properly.

All in all I quite like the current load out of weapons. Seems to have a good range with a gun for every situation. Maybe make the pistols quicker to pull out so they aren't completely useless after you get any primary?

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 14:05 on May 8, 2017

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Close-range shotguns and sniper headshots can one-shot you. A rocket launcher with very low ammo and a very small blast radius would be a good counter to vehicles without being too powerful against those on foot.

SpaceBanditos
Aug 29, 2006

Did you hear maracas?
All this gunchat and no one mentioned adding loving leveractions into the game? Make them use 45 ammo or something until they sort out the revolver ammo, gotta get my :clint: on.

And to be logically consistent the M-24 is a 7.62x51, adding in another gun chambered in that round that didn't spawn in a crate would be either completely over powered or derpy because it would have to do arbitrary damage.

If you really want another 7.62x39 gun get a VZ-58.

While we are at it.. can we add some bullet punch to the game? Not much, just enough to prevent the guy you are lighting up with a scar from 300 meters out tanking 4-5 body shots while calmly lining up and blasting you in the face for a 1 shot with a kar when you have full health and a level 2 helmet.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!
M24 is better than the Kar98 because it has a faster bolt action and thus rate of fire. I think it's literally the same otherwise.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Futuresight posted:

M24 is better than the Kar98 because it has a faster bolt action and thus rate of fire. I think it's literally the same otherwise.

Ahh, that makes sense. Also it takes an extended mag and reloads to full in one go with any number of rounds spend, instead of the KAR98 only using a clip if it's empty right? Pretty cool.

SpaceBanditos posted:

While we are at it.. can we add some bullet punch to the game? Not much, just enough to prevent the guy you are lighting up with a scar from 300 meters out tanking 4-5 body shots while calmly lining up and blasting you in the face for a 1 shot with a kar when you have full health and a level 2 helmet.

On one hand this could be a thing but on the other it is so loving satisfying being the dude with the sniper rifle in this situation.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 14:20 on May 8, 2017

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Commoners posted:

Let me have an airhorn in my pistol slot so I can just run around blaring an air horn from the back of a motorcycle the whole match.

Oooohh baby

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLHOqaTvWW4
This is me every match being hard carried to the skies above.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Xachariah posted:

In duos and squads you can also get team mates crashing and best option is usually to punch them if you don't have a lot of ammo and want their stuff.

If an enemy guy is downed, and you are in a safe spot, you can be silent and conserve ammo by punching them to death.

They don't like it though; last guy I did this to started spamming the n word at me over local voice. Then he crawled off the edge of the apartment building to fall to his death. I had a good chuckle over that.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man
Could start the fixing of the revolver by making it use a speed loader if it's empty much like the K98 uses a clip.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/RefinedPopularHornetKeepo

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
I want a wider variety of guns that use the same ammo, so there's a potentially relevant reason to grab that early pistol/ammo and carry it with you rather than it keeping you from picking up something actually useful. I get that it's hard to scale up and down, but the pistols/smgs and rifles/snipers is kinda nice. I'd personally like more DMRs, because that's how I almost always use the 5.56 rifles in any event.

Finding a crossbow in the first house is enough of a punch in the dick as it is.

Badfinger fucked around with this message at 15:47 on May 8, 2017

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Party Plane Jones posted:

Maybe don't use sniper rifles at close range?

but then how will he get those sweet 360noscope headshots brah?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Party Plane Jones posted:

Glock 18c or bust (give us more machine pistols or mare legs or something, Bluehole)

gently caress that, Glock's are plastic pieces of trash.

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

Give me Five-Seven or give me death

10, 20, or 30, round mag version?

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I just want a P90 and G36C

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

If an enemy guy is downed, and you are in a safe spot, you can be silent and conserve ammo by punching them to death.

They don't like it though; last guy I did this to started spamming the n word at me over local voice. Then he crawled off the edge of the apartment building to fall to his death. I had a good chuckle over that.

I can't get punches to connect on downed players.

The pan on the other hand...

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Carebearz posted:

but then how will he get those sweet 360noscope headshots brah?

If he gonna noscope why he gotta zero a scope? I feel like you haven't thought this through.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Elentor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLHOqaTvWW4
This is me every match being hard carried to the skies above.

How did you guys record these? OBS?

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Akion posted:

I can't get punches to connect on downed players.

The pan on the other hand...

Punches don't look like they're connecting when they really are.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Yeah, OBS. I didn't like how Shadowplay works at all.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

isn't shadowplay basically a rootkit

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
I have this bug where when someone is downed if I walk over to them and crouch the punch won't work so I just end up looking like I'm whispering to them about their impending doom.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Crouch + punch doesn't work, you have to stand over them and look down to punch them.

SpaceBanditos
Aug 29, 2006

Did you hear maracas?
Probably because you can't punch when crouched.. you can swing a melee weapon though.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Yeah, OBS. I didn't like how Shadowplay works at all.

Awesome. Do you have a decent system to run this then? I wish I could get it looking like that clip

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

What's your upload speed? I'm streaming 1080p 60fps at 6 megabits.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Carebearz posted:

gently caress that, Glock's are plastic pieces of trash.

Whaaa? Glocks rule. Nothing wrong with polymer firearms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Stealthgerbil posted:

Whaaa? Glocks rule. Nothing wrong with polymer firearms.

Glocks are trash guns, at least that's my personal opinion.

• Locked thread