Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
best soup
French Onion
Creamy Potato
Chicken Noodle
Gumbo... the answer is gumbo
View Results

• Locked thread
THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

It's weird because I love the concept and hopefulness of ending E but the actual ending is just sort of there. Like The credits sequence was more emotional than the ending itself

D is the most nier ending, i chose to leave

The 9s voice actor did a playthrough of the whole game and he reads out loud the text part of ending D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
50 questions for yoko taro, translated from the japanese strategy guide

https://pastebin.com/XDpP4fzw

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

quote:

7.Q2. How does an android’s skin feel?

8.Very soft and warm.

This is bullshit. When you do quests for the animal loving machine, 2B and 9S comment wonderingly on how animals are warm to the touch and how weird that is

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

This is bullshit. When you do quests for the animal loving machine, 2B and 9S comment wonderingly on how animals are warm to the touch and how weird that is

Of course it's weird, animals are not warm and softly skinned androids or part of the glorious human race, they are just walking bags of sentient protein.

Why would they excrement heat?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I think about this game every day...

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
I got spooked by the things you find in the desert

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

I bought this t-shirt, it's on its way.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I've never hated anything more than Square Enix's Book Editing and Marketing divisions.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

gently caress!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
what happen

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They shut down Hitman

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm going to buy the dlc now just to beat up the vile ceo

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

In Training posted:

They shut down Hitman

i thought they just split off from se

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

They shut down Hitman

I'm talking about the hardest shmup bosses in gaming, the square enix divisions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

i thought they just split off from se

Yeah but se still has the name for Hitman so IOI is just a studio without a game...a nation without borders, an army without a nation....

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Yeah but se still has the name for Hitman so IOI is just a studio without a game...a nation without borders, an army without a nation....

WTF...... stupid Square ......

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I'm going to buy the dlc now just to beat up the vile ceo

Lol

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
this game is still so good just got ending A on my dlc run

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib
ftw my t-shirt arrived

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

frank.club posted:

When the chorus kicked in

just wanna quote / up this after finishing the game last night because holy gently caress

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fredrik1 posted:

ftw my t-shirt arrived

oh my god

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Just started c route gamers

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

mysterious loyall X posted:

Enjoy.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

It's epic few

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
Fallen Rib

good luck!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I finished routes c - e. Good game. Probably the best stork4y and feels in a videogame ive ever played wrap it up wrpgailuretard. any other 45 yo gamers get teary eyed playing a game about sexy robots with huge asses and twink bods

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I finished routes c - e. Good game. Probably the best stork4y and feels in a videogame ive ever played wrap it up wrpgailuretard. any other 45 yo gamers get teary eyed playing a game about sexy robots with huge asses and twink bods

*raises paw*

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hell yeah I did

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

yup

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I did

Social Studies 3rd Period
Oct 31, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER

:same:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i just started playing this..well i should say i retried the intro for like the 4th time and got past it once someone told me you can just spam dodge lol

did the first little town missions and i can already tell this game is really awesome, cant wait to sink my teeth into it when im free later

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

yes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

just running around the world and exploring feels great. the way 2B gains momentum and starts running like the six million dollar man after a few moments never gets old

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
there was a QA with yoko taro and he's just the best

http://kotaku.com/life-is-unfair-a-q-a-with-nier-automatas-director-1795653562

Alexandra: I wanted to ask about the characters in your games: do you have any that you identify with or feel strongly about? I know that I, like many, feel very protective of Emil. I want him to be happy.

Yoko: I want to treat all of the characters I create equally. Even if they are an antagonist, I did not want them to exist just to be defeated, and wanted them to have their own reason to live. That is why I especially put in an effort to express the characters as ones users may have a difficult time empathizing with.

However, I am happy that you empathize with Emil. I do want Emil to be happy too… but due to my job, there is a possibility that I will choose to sacrifice him. This is because what’s important to me is not to make Emil happy, but to create a game that will have meaning to everyone who plays.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

bump_fn posted:

Alexandra: I wanted to ask about the characters in your games: do you have any that you identify with or feel strongly about? I know that I, like many, feel very protective of Emil. I want him to be happy.

Yoko: I want to treat all of the characters I create equally. Even if they are an antagonist, I did not want them to exist just to be defeated, and wanted them to have their own reason to live. That is why I especially put in an effort to express the characters as ones users may have a difficult time empathizing with.

However, I am happy that you empathize with Emil. I do want Emil to be happy too… but due to my job, there is a possibility that I will choose to sacrifice him. This is because what’s important to me is not to make Emil happy, but to create a game that will have meaning to everyone who plays.

:)

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i really like this game. theres been a few times where i wonder what the gently caress the camera is doing but thats about my only complaint, the story is full of mysteries that are very intriguing, combat feels awesome and tight, art direction is great and makes me excited to explore new areas just to see what they look like, i could go on.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

bump_fn posted:

If there is something you wish other game designers would stop doing, what would that be?

Yoko: It would help me if they would stop creating games. Having less competition would make it easier for me to do business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

yoko is right

• Locked thread