Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Elliptical Dick posted:

88 Immobile doesn't seem to be doing much though like you said hopterque.

Of course he scored a brace in the next match I used him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Elliptical Dick posted:

Of course he scored a brace in the next match I used him

He'd have the occasional good game but in the 20 or so I used him it was just mostly like he was barely there.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Elliptical Dick posted:

Yeah Cech routinely outperforms him for me. I think most high end keepers are serviceable tbh. I can almost always identify the cause of goals against as a defensive mistake by myself.

When I used Cech he got *lit up* by low driven balls, esp cross body. not that anyone in this game doesn't, but you know. I've settled on 88 Schmeichel for the forseeable future and I'm gonna stick with this one.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

hopterque posted:

He'd have the occasional good game but in the 20 or so I used him it was just mostly like he was barely there.

I think I'll run him for a similar number of games and see how it goes. He's at 3 in 4 so far so too early to tell if it works out really. Although I do recognise the feeling because in those two he didn't score in I don't think he even got in good positions.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Barely had anytime this weekend to play, got 5 wins. I dab reflexively now in WL, I feel scummy. Is there a good celebration list somewhere? I'd like to bust out cuadrados dance and antonio's homer simpson celebration.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

People use the dab celebration ironically right?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hijs2ZPKwDE

e: lmao at rooney getting koed

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 06:50 on May 8, 2017

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

krampster2 posted:

People use the dab celebration ironically right?

People use it to piss other people off, generally.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
i just mash buttons, but usually just wind up doing the "in salah" reverential kneel, i would imagin that pisses people off more than the dab

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Double Arm Windmill to Brick Fall makes me laugh every time.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

vivisectvnv posted:

i just mash buttons, but usually just wind up doing the "in salah" reverential kneel, i would imagin that pisses people off more than the dab

this is just double tap circle/b i think and its my favorite.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

hopterque posted:

this is just double tap circle/b i think and its my favorite.

در یک

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

tots info
https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/news/2017/fut-17-tots

Special tots player rewards are back for winning DKTs. Oh man, last year the players they chose weren't that amazing but I have a feeling someone I really like will end up in there this time.

e- also I had a disconnect in the DKT final and was pissed. Then I remembered someone posted that EA had an automated complaint script now for that very purpose and it autoqualified me. Apparently its a crapshoot and will even qualify people who havent played the DKT as long as their record is possible. Try to game the system at your own costs.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I think it will autoqualify you if you're a div2/div1 player, have won lots of daily tournaments/do decently in the WL regularly.

IE: it won't qualify you if you're a bad player who would never get in but if you've been in enough and are of "weekend league quality" it'll put you in.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I've been grinding the dkts and just suiciding in the last couple minutes so I can keep playing on the good servers, I wonder if I've made any newbies' day yet

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

Seltzer posted:

tots info
https://www.easports.com/fifa/ultimate-team/news/2017/fut-17-tots

Special tots player rewards are back for winning DKTs. Oh man, last year the players they chose weren't that amazing but I have a feeling someone I really like will end up in there this time.

Balls. Going to miss the first week of this....

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Picked up SIF-Burgstaller on the cheap for my b-squad. He is dope as gently caress,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iZDqdeg6q8&t=30s

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I was doin my normal thing of getting to DKT finals then if I'm winning, doing rainbow flicks over my own goalie with Reus until I'm losing then quitting so I can keep playing on the DKT servers, and at least I made this guy happy :shobon:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
That's a happy guy, right up until the point where he actually plays the weekend league for the first time and gets his rear end kicked.

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

hopterque posted:

That's a happy guy, right up until the point where he actually plays the weekend league for the first time and gets his rear end kicked.

This is probably going to sound odd but I find WL easier than div 2. Although maybe I get paired with the lesser players in matchmaking due to my own skill level.

e: I say this and then go on a 6 win run to get promoted to div 1. Thanks all for the tips because it finally seems to be paying off.

Elliptical Dick fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 9, 2017

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yea I mean I doubt the guy will do extremely well but I bet he wins 10 games if he plays 40, there's enough randomness and truly awful players you can get some wins no matter what I think if you're competent at all

He wasn't very good but he wasn't a complete drooler either, I played some dudes in WL I think he'd have a 50/50 shot against at worst, I also played some people in WL who I just have NO IDEA how they qualified, like where I'm crushing them 3-0 right away and they ragequit and I'm not very good at attack

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

This might be premature but I looked at prices today, and I think we're in the big crash before TOTS. This year the biggest part of crashes have generally happened before events (talking about special cards not nifs). Do with that guess what you will but prices seem artificially low. It makes sense since the TOTS news just dropped. I'm holding onto some pricier players (striker Son, Villa etc.) and I'm probably going to shift on 90% of my silver ifs while they're inflated for the weekend.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Seltzer posted:

This might be premature but I looked at prices today, and I think we're in the big crash before TOTS. This year the biggest part of crashes have generally happened before events (talking about special cards not nifs). Do with that guess what you will but prices seem artificially low. It makes sense since the TOTS news just dropped. I'm holding onto some pricier players (striker Son, Villa etc.) and I'm probably going to shift on 90% of my silver ifs while they're inflated for the weekend.

Yeah I can't see prices getting much lower than they are now, we'll see though.

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Follow up from a week or two ago...

I took Seltzer's suggestions and built a pretty solid Bundesliga squad (well, the squad's solid, but also has made it apparent how terrible I am at this game). Here's the current incarnation:
https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/3535507

I have a couple hundred thousand coins to play around with and am looking for some upgrade suggestions while the market is low. I stuck a couple in the Subs that I was considering (though I can't really afford the CMOTM Vidal or, at best, could ONLY afford Vidal). I'm pretty happy with my midfield and defense though and thinking I should spend my coins to upgrade one of the Strikers or my Keeper.

Help me FIFA wizards. What would you do with ~200k to upgrade this squad?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Hold on to your coins for now, I'd say, and see what TOTS players are in your pricerange. Modeste SHOULD be getting a TOTS card and it should be affordable and he's a favorite player of many of ours ITT so that could be a good bet for an upgrade at striker. One pacey player + one bruiser is my preferred combo in the 41212 so I could definitely recommend that, other than that your team is very solid and you can just wait and see what TOTS looks like.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Lawen posted:

I took Seltzer's suggestions and built a pretty solid Bundesliga squad (well, the squad's solid, but also has made it apparent how terrible I am at this game). Here's the current incarnation:

I have a couple hundred thousand coins to play around with and am looking for some upgrade suggestions while the market is low. I stuck a couple in the Subs that I was considering (though I can't really afford the CMOTM Vidal or, at best, could ONLY afford Vidal). I'm pretty happy with my midfield and defense though and thinking I should spend my coins to upgrade one of the Strikers or my Keeper.

I really like 87 Keita at CM, you could also upgrade one of your strikers to Aubameyang who is very good and would basically just be Werner but better

He's also a regular non inform card so that might help if there's any :tinfoil: stuff going on still

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 9, 2017

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Oh yeah definitely pick up Keita, you could replace Castro with him and have a significantly better team.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I mean you could also just put in the money and get a better Thiago, you will at least be 100% sure it's an upgrade :)

90 rated Thiago is only like 95k total and is significantly better

Lawen
Aug 7, 2000

Awesome, thanks for the suggestions guys.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Keita is a god tier player tho, like up there with the IF Nainggolan and Kante cards. Even running his 84 RM card at CM on 7 chem was like a "woah this guy is loving amazing" level revelation for me so.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I have him on Shadow and he basically does everything well at that point

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

While I'm thinking about it, everyone should be buying teams for the tots card tournaments coming up right now while everything's cheap. People aren't planning for it yet, but if it's like last year the squad and bench for the tournaments will all have to be filled with players from that league. I'm not saying go out and drop 200k on each squad but I'll personally have a nice PL squad with Vardy, Martial, Kante etc. I'm going to build budget ones for la liga and other leagues as well. I guess pick the leagues your interested in. The big 5 leagues will definitely have tournaments and you don't want to be paying 15 k for aurier cause ligue 1 has poo poo right backs and there's like a balotelli tots up for grabs. My two cents.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
My killer squad: https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/3749280

In game chemistry is 100, not really sure why it isn't on this app.

I have around 33k in hard currency...thoughts on what to do with that? I'm currently in Div 5 and win most of the time, but my squad is weaker in almost every game.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

bewbies posted:

My killer squad: https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/3749280

In game chemistry is 100, not really sure why it isn't on this app.

I have around 33k in hard currency...thoughts on what to do with that? I'm currently in Div 5 and win most of the time, but my squad is weaker in almost every game.

To be frank: Your midfield is garbage, your attack is too slow, your LB selection makes zero sense considering there's plenty of good, cheap LBs in the BPL.

You can sell your higher rated players for a decent amount right now because of the 84+ totw sbc, so I would do that. Most of those players aren't actually worth the 9-10k they're selling for right now, but prices for 85s and 86s are inflated. Get a Kante for your midfield without a doubt, then maybe Dembele and Fernandinho or Matic or whoever really (or you can stick with Gundogan if you really love him but he was terrible for me). Pick up Martial at LM, if you sell off your players you should be able to afford 2nd or maybe 3rd inform Benteke, or barring that NIF Lukaku at striker if you do well with the bigger type of striker, RW is a little tricker in the BPL but 82 Mane is a decent choice, as is Shaqiri.

Basically, if you're gonna use a cheap-ish BPL squad, there's no reason not to go generic with it, the players at those positions that are popular are that way for a very good reason.

https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/3749498

OR you could go in a totally different direction and be a Cool Guy and put together a Serie A squad that will be just as effective but a little less by the numbers: https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/3749556

e: These squads may be weaker on paper I guess than a lot of squads you face but I guarantee you they are the equal of just about anything you could face, these are the kind of squads that allowed me to finish gold 2 in the weekend league without issue basically every week for the first couple months the game was out.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 10, 2017

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

This is a good squad. My only switch would be Bellerin for Coleman and Reid or Ogbonna for Bailly (I can't stand H/M on CBS). However my style is that I only set one fullback to stay back, so I like one tall/strong fullback and one with pace to burn in order to create up field. If you want to play wider and not use the 4321 the 433(4) is the best variant. I'd pick one of the two cms in that squad and for a cheap CAM I like Barkley.

Despite your team chemistry being 100, your lb is on 3 or 4 chem which means that individual player is taking a chemistry hit even if the rest of the team isnt.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

hopterque posted:

Keita is a god tier player tho, like up there with the IF Nainggolan and Kante cards. Even running his 84 RM card at CM on 7 chem was like a "woah this guy is loving amazing" level revelation for me so.
Yeah when that was his best card out I was still blown away by how good he was even at 7 chem. I look forward to his TOTS card.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Lawen posted:

As others mentioned, ditch Castro and go with Keita. Also Gnabry or Werner paired with Modeste would be beast. My dream 2-striker combo would be Aubameyang/Modeste. - The IF Sokratis is worth it, I'm using his 86 rated IF and he's a monster. Fahrmann is good, but I'm a huge fan of MOTM-Sommer.

Anyways, here is my a-squad to give you some ideas,
https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/692928

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
The reason Rodriguez was in there is I'd just sold Azp after his price went way up and he was just sort of...filling in, since I can't sell him.

Anyway, I reworked it to this:

https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/3749280

I think I like Sanchez as the main striker and I got him fairly cheap (he still represents almost half of my available capital however). I also have Lukaku and bought Vardy. I couldn't quite swing an IF Benteke; I thought Sanchez looked the most similar to him. I kept Fabregas and Henderson as midfield subs as I like them. Faster and more defensive midfield seems good though, one guy I played tonite couldn't get past them to save his life.

I've not really liked playing with blazing fast wingers thus far (I have Zaha and Walcott, they were my starters for a while); I'm a lot more used to Coutinho/Mkhitaryan. This is probably a skill issue...is there something I'm missing with wing play when you have crazy fast guys?

bewbies fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 10, 2017

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
You should try the 4321 formation, where the wingers play as LF/RF. Set all your forwards to Get in Behind and Press Back Line in the instructions and basically use them to play passes to each other until there's an opening for a through ball. The metagame this year doesn't really leave a lot of room for wing play or wide formations in general to be particularly effective unless you're an excellent dribbler who is extremely adept at cutting in along the goal line, so it's just basically about getting the wingers involved centrally and running past the defense as much as possible.

Also, Sanchez is a completely different type of player than Benteke, although also a very good player, so if you feel like he's doing a good job for you stick with him.

As far as the 'blazing' fast wingers, don't feel like you always need to use just their speed, Martial especially is an excellent allrounder who can do basically anything you need him to and Mane is also very good and flexible. You should be able to use them to do the exact same sort of things you were able to do with your old players, in addition to pressuring the back line more with their speed.

On the note of instructions, if you haven't been doing it, definitely set your LB/RB to stay back while attacking. THey'll still ignore the instruction often enough (to be a pain in the rear end) but it'll keep them safe in the back more often to help you shut down counter attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Good news gang, my friend and yours Anthony Modeste is getting his 3rd inform today.

• Locked thread