Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Blue Train posted:

the dnc colluded with the media to cover him hth

Always blame the media you colluded with imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Blue Train posted:

That's perfectly legal hth. I don't get your point?

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Blue Train posted:

DNC wasn't why CNN/MSNBC/Fox played his rallies in their entirety simultaneously, had him call into morning shows daily for live phone interviews all summer and fall, had his debate appearances draw record numbers and got his tweets as breaking news items on the big three cable news networks

Trump was (and is) a cable news ratings behemoth and pure uncut heroin for political junkies & pundits

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

kikkelivelho posted:

I don't think she should run for president again, but I also don't think she should disappear into a black hole like some people here feel. She's an experienced, competent politician, and the democrats need those now more than ever. I constantly have to remind people that Hillary did actually win the popular vote. People did like her, even if some sections of the left are now trying to portray her as a catastrophically bad candidate.

How is she experienced and competent? Serious question. As far as I know, this has been her career

Hillary tried to do some stuff as First Lady, but it went so incredibly poorly that she had to spend the rest of her tenure baking cookies and being as inoffensive as possible.

Then she became a Senator, and apparently the only thing of note she did as a Senator was vote for the Iraq War.

Then she lost the Democratic primary to a two term Representative nobody had ever heard of named Terrorist O'Muslim.

Then she was given Secretary of State as a booby prize, where she hosed up the middleast even more, supported every side of the Syrian civil war, and completely destabilized Libya

Then she ran again for president, managed to win the primary by having it rigged, and then ran the most incompetent campaign in political history, and lost to a gameshow host admitted rapist who would be a fascist if his tertiary syphilis didn't make it impossible for him to have consistent thoughts.

Hillary Clinton has a lot of experience, at being a garbage person failure.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

The electoral college came out of the same reason we have both a Senate and House of Representatives. The guy who proposed what became the Senate was a federalist from new jersey who was against slavery.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

mannerup posted:

DNC wasn't why CNN/MSNBC/Fox played his rallies in their entirety simultaneously, had him call into morning shows daily for live phone interviews all summer and fall, had his debate appearances draw record numbers and got his tweets as breaking news items on the big three cable news networks

Trump was (and is) a cable news ratings behemoth and pure uncut heroin for political junkies & pundits

Also this. The Hillary team had no way of knowing that Trump would be on the TV 24/7 spewing his bile. They also had no way of knowing that Trump's rampant racism and sexism was exactly what many americans wanted to see. The media gave Trump free advertisement throughout the drat campaign. That poo poo would never have happened in a country with competent and responsible news networks.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Trump says what is on everyone's minds! - Trump voters

How could we know that people wanted to hear his message? - the Clinton campaign

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

kikkelivelho posted:

I don't think she should run for president again, but I also don't think she should disappear into a black hole like some people here feel. She's an experienced, competent politician, and the democrats need those now more than ever. I constantly have to remind people that Hillary did actually win the popular vote. People did like her, even if some sections of the left are now trying to portray her as a catastrophically bad candidate.

the most qualified person to ever run for president, Hillary Clinton, lost to donald trump in a landslide electoral victory because they literally could not come up with a campaign beyond 'lol, trump? clinton" and everyone voted for trump anyways

nigga crab pollock fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 8, 2017

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
she lost to DONALD TRUMP. she pulled every stop, rigged every game, and used every single trick in the book including a near unilateral control of mass media to affect public perception and paint donald trump in the most negative light they possibly could

and she STILL LOST

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

kikkelivelho posted:

Also this. The Hillary team had no way of knowing that Trump would be on the TV 24/7 spewing his bile. They also had no way of knowing that Trump's rampant racism and sexism was exactly what many americans wanted to see. The media gave Trump free advertisement throughout the drat campaign. That poo poo would never have happened in a country with competent and responsible news networks.

This is a bad argument. Ignorance of media's shittiness is gross incompetence.

It's a bottom-line industry always chasing grand spectacle and lower overhead. CNN's two steps away from reporting on bat boy. Are you arguing that she's an idiot living in a bubble and I'm just misinterpreted you or something?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

kikkelivelho posted:

They had no way of knowing a dude known for his branding alone would be promoting himself?

What loving planet are you from?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
"It takes a lot of work to lose to Donald Trump"
-David Axelrod, a guy who knows about winning votes

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

kikkelivelho posted:

uhm they specifically asked for that. the reason the media was covering trump was because the clinton campaign told them to favor trump over the other republican candidates like Cruz or Bush because they thought clinton had a much better chance against the orange menace. like that is literally what they said in their leaked emails. it wasn't a mistake, that was literally their plan to win clinton the election. i'm not kidding

the media is incompetent and irresponsible, but its dwarfed by the level on display at the DNC

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Was Trump's appearances on the Tonight Show and SNL part of that too? I see a lot of dumb people point to that as something that helped Trump win.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
"Who knew a guy with his name on buildings in gold letters a mile high would be savvy at mass media?" - a loving idiot

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Not only was their goal to push easy d as hard to the public as they could, they ran a ton of campaign ads featuring his speeches, so yeah they had some way of knowing how much coverage he'd get. It's their own fault for not having a message other than "Donald bad"

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

mannerup posted:

Yeah, this is truth

The media like the narrative of the 'close horse race' for ratings, and gave him poo poo-tons of free time because it got eyeballs

They are, first and foremost, whores

If you think every single bit of this happened because of DNC influence then you are dumb

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Guy Goodbody posted:

Then she was given Secretary of State as a booby prize, where she hosed up the middleast even more, supported every side of the Syrian civil war, and completely destabilized Libya
hey now, syria was kerry's disaster

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

kikkelivelho posted:

A number of news networks definitely tried to make the race look as close a possible despite Hillary's constant lead. The media also spent a ton of time entertaining and normalizing Trump's retarded bullshit antics.

It's crazy. Why would they do that? Oh, remember the emails? The emails where they actually wanted the media to pump up the Trump?

LOL

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

thoughts and prayers posted:

Yeah, this is truth

The media like the narrative of the 'close horse race' for ratings, and gave him poo poo-tons of free time because it got eyeballs

They are, first and foremost, whores

If you think every single bit of this happened because of DNC influence then you are dumb

i mean you're saying that the media are whores for ratings and that the DNC wasn't the mastermind behind it and then go and link the media outlet literally in cahoots with the DNC explaining why the DNC wasn't the mastermind behind it

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

How is she experienced and competent? Serious question. As far as I know, this has been her career

Hillary tried to do some stuff as First Lady, but it went so incredibly poorly that she had to spend the rest of her tenure baking cookies and being as inoffensive as possible.

Then she became a Senator, and apparently the only thing of note she did as a Senator was vote for the Iraq War.

Then she lost the Democratic primary to a two term Representative nobody had ever heard of named Terrorist O'Muslim.

Then she ran again for president, managed to win the primary by having it rigged, and then ran the most incompetent campaign in political history, and lost to a gameshow host admitted rapist who would be a fascist if his tertiary syphilis didn't make it impossible for him to have consistent thoughts.

Hillary Clinton has a lot of experience, at being a garbage person failure.

Pretty much.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Dean of Swing posted:

"Electoral college BAD, super delegates GOOD."
If the electoral college was a major issue loving Obama had 8 loving years to get rid of it. It's almost as if the democrats didn't care about it till they lost.

that isn't how it works.

the electoral college being dumb as poo poo doesn't excuse hillary but it's objectively bad.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
you guys aren't making the trolling easy for that slav scumbag

:sad:

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Groovelord Neato posted:

that isn't how it works.

the electoral college being dumb as poo poo doesn't excuse hillary but it's objectively bad.

yeah lets get rid of it so politicians only focus on the popular vote, meaning they no longer hit the campaign trail across the country and spent all of their effort on the highest population cities on the coasts and no longer have to pretend to give lip service to the people who live in the other 95% of the country lmao

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

rezatahs posted:

you guys aren't making the trolling easy for that slav scumbag

:sad:

I thought he was Finnish

Though he is an inveterate liar so who knows or caree

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

nigga crab pollock posted:

yeah lets get rid of it so politicians only focus on the popular vote, meaning they no longer hit the campaign trail across the country and spent all of their effort on the highest population cities on the coasts and no longer have to pretend to give lip service to the people who live in the other 95% of the country lmao

I wonder if that would lead to any trouble? Probably not. Let's do it.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

why do you people do this. you don't know anything and then respond to the post like you're right. it's insane.

the top 200 cities are less than 20 percent of the vote you idiot.

VikingSkull posted:

do you honestly believe a candidate would campaign in the rust belt when all they'd have to do is take the Acela from Boston to DC?

lol. i repeat myself.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 16:59 on May 8, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

why do you people do this. you don't know anything and then respond to the post like you're right. it's insane.

do you honestly believe a candidate would campaign in the rust belt when all they'd have to do is take the Acela from Boston to DC?

20% of the US lives on 2% of its landmass

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

20% of the US lives on 2% of its landmass

this doesn't help your argument lmao. unless you think candidates should hold rallies in empty fields.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

this doesn't help your argument lmao. unless you think candidates should hold rallies in empty fields.

that's what Hillary did

lol got em

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

i mean you're saying that the media are whores for ratings and that the DNC wasn't the mastermind behind it and then go and link the media outlet literally in cahoots with the DNC explaining why the DNC wasn't the mastermind behind it

I'm saying it's a little bit of A, a little bit of B

I have no doubt it began as a ploy

But there is no way the DNC could have made the news outlets stop once the eyeballs and clicks started rolling in - news outlets are going broke and this was payday

If the DNC really ran things then he would have been dialed down once the main threats were emasculated, and the positive news about Hillary would have flowed like wine

But they didn't, he got more and more air time - and quantity has it's own quality, as they say

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Groovelord Neato posted:

here is a picture of trump at a rally in iowa, a state whose largest city barely has a population of 200 thousand people and has the most farms per capita of any state bar texas

not pictured: clinton in iowa. because she never went there.

the reason for all of this poo poo about the electoral college being bad is because the democrats ignored it because they figured they could ride on the popular vote alone. they loving lost so hard because they ignored the rules of the game, and all of this mealy mouthed 'well the electoral college is bad' is just rhetoric to convince people that Clinton way of campaigning is superior because Clinton did it and the system needs to change to facilitate it

yeah sure its flawed, but give me something more than lame rear end parroted rhetoric from the New York TImes, jesus fuckin christ

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

yeah sure its flawed, but give me something more than lame rear end parroted rhetoric from the New York TImes, jesus fuckin christ

lol objective reality is now just rhetoric i picked up from the nyt a month ago and not something i've known most of my life.

Alpha Mayo
Jan 15, 2007
hi how are you?
there was this racist piece of shit in your av so I fixed it
you're welcome
pay it forward~
There's no defending the electoral college but it was the name of the game and Hillary knew that going in.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Who gives a gently caress about the rust belt? The fact that politicians have to pander to these hicks is just more proof that the system is deeply flawed.

Also there's some heavy conspiracy tier "The DNC controls the media" type bullshit ITT. I doubt you any of actually believe this.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

also i like the enormous dodge after i called out how dumb your other post was about just getting coastal city votes.

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

thoughts and prayers posted:

I'm saying it's a little bit of A, a little bit of B

I have no doubt it began as a ploy

But there is no way the DNC could have made the news outlets stop once the eyeballs and clicks started rolling in - news outlets are going broke and this was payday

If the DNC really ran things then he would have been dialed down once the main threats were emasculated, and the positive news about Hillary would have flowed like wine

But they didn't, he got more and more air time - and quantity has it's own quality, as they say

what positive news about hillary? seriously though. they had like years to come up with a positive messages and they did what, claimed she keeps hot sauce in her purse to gain favor with minority voters? post pictures of her too disgusted to touch a passive and harmless farm animal with her bare hands? they had nothing dude

you're right that once it gained enough momentum it was unstoppable and that happened way before the election but the people that set that boulder in motion months before any votes were cast were none other than the DNC themselves and they were definitely huffing their own farts hard enough to think that even up until election day it was working in their favor

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

also i like the enormous dodge after i called out how dumb your other post was about just getting coastal city votes.

oh now it's all the coastal cities? I only named the northeastern ones as being 20% of the US

add the other ones in and see what happens

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

VikingSkull posted:

oh now it's all the coastal cities? I only named the northeastern ones as being 20% of the US

add the other ones in and see what happens

i wasn't talking about you. also can you read. the top 200 cities (200 is spokane to give an idea of how small cities get at that point) would get you less than 1/5 the popular vote.

your land mass thing doesn't help your argument stop using it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

kikkelivelho posted:

Who gives a gently caress about the rust belt? The fact that politicians have to pander to these hicks is just more proof that the system is deeply flawed.

Also there's some heavy conspiracy tier "The DNC controls the media" type bullshit ITT. I doubt you any of actually believe this.

i dunno have you read the emails wherein people at the dnc tell writers at the new york times and washington post to not run stories because they aren't positive enough about hillary or are you just assuming that type of collusion isn't happening because those publications say it isn't lmao

• Locked thread