Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They should try to wake buu up first by pouring espresso into his antenna and vents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Manatee Cannon posted:

goten and trunks wouldn't try to sabotage things but they would do it anyway like they did with buu

Gotenks would have a weird rules argument with the High Priest about how the Super Ghosts aren't technically participants, and should therefore be able to fly, which would take so long that his Fusion would break before they finished.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I wonder how Yamcha's going to take the news that his friends want the genocidal maniac that killed Krillin on the team rather than him

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ekusukariba posted:

I wonder how Yamcha's going to take the news that his friends want the genocidal maniac that killed Krillin on the team rather than him

I said it earlier, Piccolo is already on the team!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Ekusukariba posted:

That killed Krillin and Vegeta, and nearly killed Piccolo and Gohan multiple times.

Also he killed Dende, AKA the new Kami of Earth, was responsible for the death of Guru, Nail, the complete destruction of Namek...

Basically only the Androids would have no reason to personally hate the guy.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
So do all Universe 6 Saiyans look like Xenoverse create-a-characters? Is that their thing?

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Frieza's inclusion might be Beerus putting his foot down rather than a popular and unanimous decision among the whole team I suspect.

I'm sure Yamcha, Goten and Trunks will understand if its explained to them like that!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

BizarroAzrael posted:

So do all Universe 6 Saiyans look like Xenoverse create-a-characters? Is that their thing?

Frost also looks like a XV CaC, so it might just be uncreativity. Sadly, XV does not let us make a metalman, because man, I'd love to play as Magetta.

khwarezm posted:

Frieza's inclusion might be Beerus putting his foot down rather than a popular and unanimous decision among the whole team I suspect.

The spoilers say only Goku wants this. Everyone else is against it.

Also for people who want Goten and Trunks instead, who will protect 17's island?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Also for people who want Goten and Trunks instead, who will protect 17's island?

Frieza?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hercule Satan, obv.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

ImpAtom posted:

Freeza not being able to kill people would be hilarious because dude has no loving idea how to do that.

Although if he can do that move he did to kill Krillin without the explosion at the end it'd be helluva OP in a world you can't fly in,

Wanna see Freeza save Krillain this way and Krillain's reaction when he's safety placed back in the ring afterwards. That's where the healing begins.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I'm likely in the minority I like these turn of events. I like Frieza way more than buu, so I'm not that sad to see him go. I'm looking forward to Frieza trying to "Accidently" kill goku multiple times.

Plus more Chris Ayres later, hell yeah.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

When Frieza learns about the consequences of the tournament, he's going to bail so that A) Goku dies, and B) he can no longer go back to that afterlife, then Yamcha will come to save the day, literally exactly how he imagined it.

He will then get eliminated quickly because Champa will order his team to take out the guy who won baseball single-handedly.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

BizarroAzrael posted:

The new art style is bad, and would have been bullied by buff Namek-sage Goku in high school.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Frost also looks like a XV CaC, so it might just be uncreativity. Sadly, XV does not let us make a metalman, because man, I'd love to play as Magetta.

Moderate good news, they added a full armor set based on him in the latest DLC pack.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

graham cracker posted:

Wanna see Freeza save Krillain this way and Krillain's reaction when he's safety placed back in the ring afterwards. That's where the healing begins.

You're a monster

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

Shinjobi posted:

You're a monster

Nol! I am a DEMON!!!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I cant wait for Goku to fuse with his best pal Frieza

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Kelp Plankton posted:

I cant wait for Goku to fuse with his best pal Frieza

This would be the episode where we realize that the venn diagram between DBZ fandom and Steven Universe fandom is a circle.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Being Yamcha is living HFIL

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Burkion posted:

God why would you ever go to Freeza over Goten or Trunks

Yes, Freeza is way more powerful, but Christ at least you can expect Goten and Trunks NOT to try and sabotage everything and also if he gets the wish they're ALL hosed

I think it says everything about Universe 7 that not only did Beerus support and promote Freeza, he also PLANNED FOR HIM TO BE THE NEXT GOD OF DESTRUCTION

That's just some next level Bad At Your Job ing

Someone has to watch over 17's island.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

They should have Buu absorb Frieza at the end of the tourney.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

While he's much less charismatic than Freeza, they could have also brought back Dr. Gero. Dr. Gero wanted to kill Goku, not the universe.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
They could have picked Cell but no, Goku's got to get Friezer.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Pureauthor posted:

Freeza was doing pretty good and torturing Vegeta and Goku without killing them back when he had a comfortable advantage over them.

Against equals? Eh.

Just go Form Giger 3 and shoot em in the glubark

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Why would they pick Cell over Freeza. Freeza is stronger.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

cell has tournament experience

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Crabtree posted:

They could have picked Cell but no, Goku's got to get Friezer.

Freeza is way stronger than Cell right now

I love how fast this thread goes from zero to untagged spoilers. Not that I haven't been spoiling myself anyway but I feel bad for people who try to avoid them.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Why would they pick Cell over Freeza. Freeza is stronger.

have goku spend a day training with cell in the afterlife and he'd probably end up stronger than golden frieza somehow

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Maybe if Cell ate a few million more people ...

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Or he could chain blow himself up. That got him a rather significant power boost.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Freeza will go Blue or Rainbow or something and his time dilation powers will only increase hundred fold. We'll be Universe Survival Arcing into 2025.

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"True."

"At this rate I'd give this Tournament of Power about 5 minutes before it ends."

(Fifty 20-minute episodes later and it's still in full going strong.)

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Freeza will blow someone up and get disqualified immediately in the first minute of the tournament

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Frieza and Tenshinhan become unlikely best friends. After the tournament, there is a three-episode arc about Chiaotzu's revenge.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I don't mind this development making Resurrection F feel less filler-y, but at the same time it seems like Frieza burnout has been real severe lately. That said, I think Toei knows what they're doing.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nessus posted:

While he's much less charismatic than Freeza, they could have also brought back Dr. Gero. Dr. Gero wanted to kill Goku, not the universe.

If they resurrected Dr. Gero all they would get is a weak old man. I don't think he gets to keep his cybernetic enhancements after death.

I hope Buu falling asleep means that the next arc is a Neo-Buu arc where he eats Beerus or Zeno or something and they have to fight him again.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

The Bee posted:

I don't mind this development making Resurrection F feel less filler-y, but at the same time it seems like Frieza burnout has been real severe lately. That said, I think Toei knows what they're doing.

They just did an episode that was 80% Master Gropey.

They said there are 28 planets in the universe.

They think Kaioken is still a thing.

How can you be sure they know what they're doing here?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Freeza will be drafted to babysit Bra and Pan and he will regale them with stories about killing their grandfathers personally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Augus posted:

Freeza will blow someone up and get disqualified immediately in the first minute of the tournament

Either that or he'll transform into his Perfectly Ultimate Golden Final Form Ultimate Blue, and instantly be sent back to Hell. Since he's even less power efficient than SSJ3 was when it cut a bunch of time from Goku's 24-hour limit.

• Locked thread