Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I bought that HORI travel pouch on Amazon, I hope it's good. Only problem I see is that it only holds 5 games and there doesn't seem to be an inside pouch for wires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

A composer who likes Metroid games is composing for Retro Studios is a huge leap of faith, but I guess when you're a metroid fan you don't have much to go on.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I would purchase a metroid for switch

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Norns posted:

I would purchase a Switch for Metroid.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
I want a new 2d Metroid.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

try out "every indie game ever" if u like metroid

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
But I like Metroid, not games pretending to be Metroid.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Norns posted:

hell, :same:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Lowen SoDium posted:

But I like Metroid, not games pretending to be Metroid.

Axiom Verge is loving dope, friend.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Axiom Verge I felt whiffed by a mile.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

parallelodad posted:

Axiom Verge I felt whiffed by a mile.

:same:

The level art was great, the actual layouts were complete poo poo.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Metroid is dead or the things it did very well have been grasped by other games that I'm not sure Nintendo could do it justice again.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

well why not posted:

try out "every indie game ever" if u like metroid

There are so many good metroidvanias at this point that it would take a really, really strong showing for a 2d Metroid to be well received. I'm not sure if the capability is there, much as I'd love to see it. Kind of just expecting Prime 4 eventually.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Harlock posted:

Metroid is dead or the things it did very well have been grasped by other games that I'm not sure Nintendo could do it justice again.

I don't believe you becuse Zelda Breath of the Wild

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
After BotW I don't put anything past Nintendo or their studios

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Make breath of the wild but completely underground with a laser cannon.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Harlock posted:

Which games?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

parallelodad posted:

Make breath of the wild but completely underground with a laser cannon.

Breath of the Wild Engine in an underground maze with bosses scattered around withe multiple paths to each would be really awesome.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pixaal posted:

Breath of the Wild Engine in an underground maze with bosses scattered around withe multiple paths to each would be really awesome.

breath of the souls

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Sakurazuka posted:

Which games?

Hollow Knight
Ori
Owlboy
Guacamelee

To me at least.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
But if it's Retro they're surely building Metroid Prime so whether 2d Metroid has been eclipsed or not is irrelevant.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Is 1 2 switch the best demo for HD RUMBLE

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Norns posted:

blaster master zero imo

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Norns posted:

It's really pretty awesome. The sword fighting game really feels like you are blocking a sword. The marble rolling is awesome, and so is the dice shaking.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Yorkshire Tea posted:

But if it's Retro they're surely building Metroid Prime so whether 2d Metroid has been eclipsed or not is irrelevant.

It'd probably be a Metroid Prime game if only to get well away from the last Metroid game that came out...

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Drunk Tomato posted:

It's really pretty awesome. The sword fighting game really feels like you are blocking a sword. The marble rolling is awesome, and so is the dice shaking.

Don't forget the safe cracking game.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Norns posted:

Game isn't great for more than a short burst but it really does show off the HD rumble in a wide number of settings. Mario Kart is a great example of how it can be used in actual game play.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Give the Metroid series to Yoko Taro.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I've finished both Shovel Knight (and both DLCs) and Master Blaster Zero and they were as good as advertised. Especially the latter.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I like the HD rumble in Tumbleseed. Which I am still terrible at.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I made it almost all the way to 400 feet yesterday. I even unlocked the teleporter!

But long story short, gently caress snakes.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Lakbay posted:

I bought that HORI travel pouch on Amazon, I hope it's good. Only problem I see is that it only holds 5 games and there doesn't seem to be an inside pouch for wires

You're in luck friend because the switch only has two games

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I hope ARMS gets some DLC guest characters. Dhalsim being the obvious but also some others.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Harlock posted:

Hollow Knight
Ori
Owlboy
Guacamelee

To me at least.

Other than Hollow Knight (waiting on switch ver so idk), none of these really compare to how good the designs of Super Metroid/Fusion/Zero Mission.

There are a lot of games that attempt Metroidvania or what Metroid tries to do, but pretty much none of them have the same polish or tight movement/level designs that make Metroid feel special.

Like I'm personally still looking forward to Ghost Song but at this point I've just accepted that nothing will really capture Metroid again fully.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The thing with Nintendo characters is that (aside from maybe the glut of Animal Crossing amiibo) every single one of them has fans who will fork over money to buy it. Especially when most of them have no other similar merchandise, like Shulk or Olimar. As for the Links, everyone has their own personal favourite Legend of Zelda game and Link to go with it. I've already preordered a Majora's Mask Link :shepspends:.

That's why I bought Ryu, and plan on getting both versions of Cloud.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Does Mario Kart use HD Rumble? I haven't tried 1-2 Switch yet to compare but I could swear the rumble feels different depending on terrain.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mario Kart uses SD rumble. It's a port, not a remake.

pippy
May 29, 2013

CRIMES

The Bloop posted:

I hope ARMS gets some DLC guest characters. Dhalsim being the obvious but also some others.

I want the extruded human from The Enigma of Amigara Fault.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The HD rumble in Puyo Puyo Tetris is pretty great whenever you lose. The board collapses and you can feel all the tetrominos and puyos fall down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So my Switch case doesn't have spare room for the extra joycons. Anyone got recommendations for a joycon carrying case I can toss in my backpack without fear of the joysticks getting messed up?

• Locked thread