Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Ok I'm back now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Just like your I'll fated delve into the tomb. Those Resurrection wizards are really wizards at their job let me tell you

Btw thanks for posting in that thread everyone it was fun

Impkins Patootie

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

im a fan of Claritin. the 24 hr cvs generic works well. as someone who has weird reactions to some antihistamines and other remedies, ive never had a problem taking this. also stay hydrated and get them good lotion kleenexes! and the good ole hot tea classic.

:coffeepal:

yea thats usually my go-to, tho it typically takes a few days to real begin helping. beyond that hot showers and water/gatorade, w/r/t the kleenex tho i usually go thru paper towels by the roll as a single box of tissues wont even last me the better part of a day and usually are ill-suited to containing the sheer volume of high velocity snot that i expel during these annual events...

ty all for the suggestions...ive never tried a neti but if i see one at the store l8r that is reasonably priced i may grab it and see what all the fuss is about - same w/ the zyrtec if i can score some OTC in my parts. also my daily dose of medically prescribed amphetamines does wonders in the decongestant department (my sinuses are p rubbish to begin so its always a very nice side effect)...certainly explains why i was only feeling under the weather in the early mornings and evenings despite being inside rather than out.

also the allergist idea is a good one, if my insurance and HSA can cover it within reason i really should look into that...

Impkins Patootie fucked around with this message at 17:45 on May 8, 2017

Twenty Four

King of the Beach posted:

ive never tried a neti

My super sweet friend brought me one of these and some other stuff when I was super sick for a couple of weeks once and the entire concept of pouring liquid up my nose made me quickly decide I would rather be miserable and/or dead then do that.

alnilam

I have chronic sinus issues and regularly using a neti pot has made my life much better

Not arguing that you should use it or not just giving a little testimonial

alnilam fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 8, 2017

deep dish peat moss

I have an allergy issue where my skin all over my body is constantly itching 24/7 and turns bright red when I scratch it and I went to an allergist a few years ago, they tested me for a bunch of things and said "Yep, you're allergic to some things" and sent me home. I don't trust allergists anymore I just eat my Zyrtec every day

SHY NUDIST GRRL

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Twenty Four posted:

My super sweet friend brought me one of these and some other stuff when I was super sick for a couple of weeks once and the entire concept of pouring liquid up my nose made me quickly decide I would rather be miserable and/or dead then do that.

My coworker is telling me about the breathing tubes in her sleep apnea tests and I was like "if they needed to do that or the poop tide I would accept death instead."

Robot Made of Meat

alnilam posted:

I have chronic sinus issues and regularly using a neti pot has made my life much better

Not arguing that you should use it or not just giving a little testimonial

My doctor once told me not to bother with neti pots -- just cup your hands around your mouth and nose in the shower, and snuff up the warm water. This causes much coughing and sputtering, but hey! It's in the shower so it doesn't matter.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

alnilam

My sinuses are soooo dumb
(how dumb are they?)
they're so dumb, that i used to get big multi week sinus infections 4-6 times a year complete with fevers and everything, usually beginning with a common cold and then blossoming into a superimposed infection

now with flonase (at early signs of symptoms) and neti potting at least weekly, I'm down to 1-2 big ones a year plus a few tiny short colds, and when i get the short colds I'm like "wow this is all most people go thru when they get a cold??"

alnilam

i remember back in high school the first time i realized how much better most people had it in terms of colds, when my friend said he had a cold and i was like :rip: see you in like 3 weeks dude, and then 3 days later he was good as new and i was like bwuuuhh??!

sb hermit

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Just like your I'll fated delve into the tomb. Those Resurrection wizards are really wizards at their job let me tell you

Btw thanks for posting in that thread everyone it was fun

:neckbeard:

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Robot Made of Meat posted:

My doctor once told me not to bother with neti pots -- just cup your hands around your mouth and nose in the shower, and snuff up the warm water. This causes much coughing and sputtering, but hey! It's in the shower so it doesn't matter.

This is extremely bad and dumb neti pots used distilled water and your shower water will infect you with stale meme diseases like arrow to the knee

Plebian Parasite

I'm afraid the damage is irreversible, the shower water has breached the blood brain barrier and his mind will no longer be able to distinguish regular thoughts from shower thoughts. Nurse, please show him the way to BYOB.

By popular demand

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Turns out you're right:
FDA instructions for netti pot use

deep dish peat moss

Me; SO what is it doc? Can I finally get a diagnosis.

Therapist: I'm afraid you have a case of Soggy Shower Brain

Plebian Parasite

check it out, my first opportunity to use the nms smilie

:nms: http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/neti-pots-linked-brain-eating-amoeba-deaths-f1C6436772

Remember what Betty the Yeti says: use clean water, dont forgetti, before you empty out your neti

Manifisto

Plebian Parasite posted:

:nms: http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/neti-pots-linked-brain-eating-amoeba-deaths-f1C6436772

Remember what Betty the Yeti says: use clean water, dont forgetti, before you empty out your neti

you apparently landed on some sort of smilie double word score, you're using it literally and figuratively

SHY NUDIST GRRL

Yeah you can neti yourself some brain damage

Impkins Patootie

Plebian Parasite posted:

i kinda do wonder what the experience of having a brain eating amoeba in ur head is like?

that would also make a great concept to a prog-rock album (if not already done)

Plebian Parasite

i hear the brief moment between when you get a brain eating amoeba and when the brain amoeba eats the section of your brain that allows you to detect a brain eating amoeba is pretty great.

alnilam

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Yeah you can neti yourself some brain damage

true but don't let it scare you away you're fine if u use boiled or distilled wat!

Plebian Parasite posted:

lol

Manifisto posted:

you apparently landed on some sort of smilie double word score, you're using it literally and figuratively

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Dang anti vaxxers targeting the distilled water companies

Impkins Patootie

Plebian Parasite posted:

i hear the brief moment between when you get a brain eating amoeba and when the brain amoeba eats the section of your brain that allows you to detect a brain eating amoeba is pretty great.

which prob manifests similar to dumb rabies which seems kinda chill and byob until when the paralysis and disorientation begins and thats when the ride is over

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
San Francisco is very beautiful when it has a mobile signal

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.

alnilam posted:

i remember back in high school the first time i realized how much better most people had it in terms of colds, when my friend said he had a cold and i was like :rip: see you in like 3 weeks dude, and then 3 days later he was good as new and i was like bwuuuhh??!

hello sinus infection bud. it's like nobody else turns into a feverish slime from a common cold

my latest turned one of my lungs into a death stew at the end of my honeymoon. wasn't helped by a transoceanic flight.

im much better as of yesterday tho. sleeping for like eighteen or more hours a day for a solid week helped. seriously thought i was gonna end up admitted at the hospital for a bit there.

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

Manifisto

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

hello sinus infection bud. it's like nobody else turns into a feverish slime from a common cold

my latest turned one of my lungs into a death stew at the end of my honeymoon. wasn't helped by a transoceanic flight.

im much better as of yesterday tho. sleeping for like eighteen or more hours a day for a solid week helped. seriously thought i was gonna end up admitted at the hospital for a bit there.

hey, congrats on the honeymoon! well more to the point I guess congrats on the marriage. glad you are feeling better!

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
cheese is vastly overrated as a food

thanks Manifisto!

alnilam

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Glad you're feeling better! bad sinusseses suck :(

POOL IS CLOSED

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.

Manifisto posted:

hey, congrats on the honeymoon! well more to the point I guess congrats on the marriage. glad you are feeling better!

thanks! actually it's a super late honeymoon and we've been married a while but you know how it goes with scheduling anything and saving up

alnilam posted:

Glad you're feeling better! bad sinusseses suck :(

thanks! on the bright side this maybe made a dent in my sleep debt :yayclod:

mailorder bees! posted:

but not as a way of life

brought 2 u by Manifisto, mastercraftsposter of sigs

Manifisto

mailorder bees! posted:

wow that is a weird way to spell "underrated"

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
cheese kinda sucks actually

thanks Manifisto!

deep dish peat moss

mailorder bees! posted:

Agreed

By popular demand

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Just like that you all turn your back on cheese?!

I'm outta here.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

mailorder bees! posted:

cheese kinda sucks actually

:wrong:

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?
Don't worry, cheese haters, I am here and I will eat all the cheese that you don't want to put in or around your mouths. I got chu.

Bunni-kat

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Fanky Malloons posted:

Don't worry, cheese haters, I am here and I will eat all the cheese that you don't want to put in or around your mouths. I got chu.

Hey, share some of that extra cheese over here!

Fanky Malloons

Is your social worker inside that horse?

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Hey, share some of that extra cheese over here!

Of course I will share it with all the cheese aficionados, because not sharing would be very un-BYOB. Cheese for everybody (that wants cheese)!!

SHY NUDIST GRRL

mailorder bees! posted:

How very dare you

Rushi

by Smythe
brownies or cookie bars tonight???

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam

Rushi posted:

brownies or cookie bars tonight???

"whichever loses, we win!"