Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Illuyankas posted:

Last time I did this was back on August 19th last year but I've made some progress from then and I thought it was about time, since...

I did it. I beat the game.

Are they all 100% map completion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Hahahahahaha nooooooooooooooo

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Illuyankas posted:

Not til the character limit gets expanded past 70!

Well, you could at least make an effort.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Some stuff about ele was leaked on reddit, new spec lets you use two attunements at the same time.

if its water and fire and you're using one hander and an offhand, skill 1 and 2 will be water and 4 and 5 will be fire
if its a two hander skill 1 2 4 5 will be water
skill 3 will be a new skill which is a combination of both attunements on either

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 13:19 on May 7, 2017

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Visidan posted:

Some stuff about ele was leaked on reddit, new spec lets you use two attunements at the same time.

if its water and fire and you're using one hander and an offhand, skill 1 and 2 will be water and 4 and 5 will be fire
if its a two hander skill 1 2 4 5 will be water
skill 3 will be a new skill which is a combination of both attunements on either

sounds pretty poo poo imo unless you have weapon swap

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children

Thanks to whoever did this but... You hit my alt account.

Aug 24, 2011

super cloud or bust

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

DonVincenzo posted:

Thanks to whoever did this but... You hit my alt account.

That was me after I insulted your default gliders skin so I figured I had to put up or shut up, I had no idea you had an alt account lmao

Late Unpleasantness
Mar 26, 2008

s m o k e d

Never change, goons.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Late Unpleasantness posted:

Never change, goons.

encysted is a word i never knew existed, but now i encyst on using it in every day conversation. thanks friends!

DonVincenzo
Nov 12, 2010

Super Monster
The Absolute Guardian of the Universe
Friend of All Children

CLAM DOWN posted:

That was me after I insulted your default gliders skin so I figured I had to put up or shut up, I had no idea you had an alt account lmao

Thx bby <3
If it's any consolation my alt account only had the default stock one, unlike my main with its four (4) different skins:

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I'm coming back to this game after leaving during the beginning of the Heart Of Thorns. Haven't really kept up with changes, but what's the HOT poo poo NICE PvE class now? Is Necro good? I have a Ranger at max level but that's about it.

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

epic Kingdom Hearts LP posted:

I'm coming back to this game after leaving during the beginning of the Heart Of Thorns. Haven't really kept up with changes, but what's the HOT poo poo NICE PvE class now? Is Necro good? I have a Ranger at max level but that's about it.

Condi ranger is pretty amazing right now. Full Viper's gear, axe/torch and short bow for weapons. Otherwise basically every profession has at least one really solid pve build, so anything you level is going to be good for 99% of content and adequate for the remaining 1% outside elitist pubbie groups trying to be ~optimal~ for certain high level content.

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I do have one instant-80 boost. How is Revenant for open world pve stuff?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I didn't feel like making a second ascended set for condi, so I've been rocking my ranger with a Longbow / Sword+Axe power build, which also does the trick.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Nobody is bad at open world pve stuff, but if you want a less glib and stupid answer you get to be really tough and if you unlock herald you get to poo poo boons on people full time.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Tsurupettan posted:

encysted is a word i never knew existed, but now i encyst on using it in every day conversation. thanks friends!

My pleasure!

Aug 24, 2011

its pretty good but your heals can be a bit lackluster

i enjoy it though, its very basic to play and can hit like a truck

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type
https://twitter.com/GuildWars2/status/861611389227593728

asurabutt2.jpg

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

would

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
So I haven't played since... a month after HoT came out, barring logging in for the episode unlocks. I've got questions.

First, am I missing something as far as mastery XP unlocking goes? poo poo feels like it takes forever, and it's especially annoying in some of the maps where you need mastery to properly get around.

Second, should I play through the episodes chronologically or is there one I should just skip straight to for A Cool Thing? Like a case of "the thing you get from this episode is really handy".

Third, I'm interested in looking into raids to at least experience the fights and poo poo. Is there a good resource for like, learning what's needed/gear/stats/etc? Sadly I'm EU due to initially getting into the game with friends, so I probably won't be able to have the Goon Raid Experience.

Fourth, will ANet/NCSoft ever do anything about the EU/NA divide cos come on it's been loving years get rid of it already :arghfist: :saddowns:

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

The legend never dies

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

Poniard posted:

The legend never dies

Why do people still die to this in the era of autoloot?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Havent played this game in quite a while. Pretty hyped about the expansion; even tohught the leaks might be fake to a small or large degree at least some of it is probably correct by mere chance.

I have never understood all this secrecy and NDA nonsense. Blizzard showers players in expansion pack info for over a year before an expansion releases, to the point that virtually everything is already explored and discovered by the time the expansion launches, and they sell like 5 million expansion packs on the launch day.
"Lesser" games and developers keeps everything under a NDA up until literally the day of release. The only reason i can think of for this, having seen Everquest 2''s reason for NDAs (tons of unfinished content and very little content in general in expansion packs; NDA is there to get people to preorder) is because the content they are about to deliver is not actually up to par.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

There is no way the picture leaks are fake. If they somehow were... hire the author of them immediately, because they managed to produce multiple forms of assets that fit seamlessly into the existing game.

Ebola Dog
Apr 3, 2011

Dinosaurs are directly related to turtles!

Ineptitude posted:

Havent played this game in quite a while. Pretty hyped about the expansion; even tohught the leaks might be fake to a small or large degree at least some of it is probably correct by mere chance.

I have never understood all this secrecy and NDA nonsense. Blizzard showers players in expansion pack info for over a year before an expansion releases, to the point that virtually everything is already explored and discovered by the time the expansion launches, and they sell like 5 million expansion packs on the launch day.
"Lesser" games and developers keeps everything under a NDA up until literally the day of release. The only reason i can think of for this, having seen Everquest 2''s reason for NDAs (tons of unfinished content and very little content in general in expansion packs; NDA is there to get people to preorder) is because the content they are about to deliver is not actually up to par.

In this case at least I think the idea is that the living story is leading up to the announcement of the expansion. Up until the most recent episode we were under the impression that we'd be going after Jormag and Primordius. The last episode in the living story is presumably going to set up the location and general story behind the expansion and so it makes sense that they would not want to reveal details until after that episode, both to avoid spoiling the living story and to effectively build up hype once the living story is finished.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
God with leak pointing to Elona and the LS pointing killing gods, I'm really hoping to finally beat the poo poo out of Kormir. I'll even make a Koss on Koss backpiece to celebrate the occasion

Quitte
Nov 2, 2011

nee-deep

Jetamo posted:

questions

From one EU goon to another: Join both goon guilds anyway. There's cross region chat but you can't really do anything else. Sooner or later you'll probably want to transfer your account over to any US server to PvE and PvP with goons (Maguuma if you want a chance to WvW with goons, it's gonna be very late night for you though). Your friends will either quit or just never come back, goons will be playing forever*.

*No guarantee

Raid guides can be found at dulfy. Raid builds are at metabattle and qtfy. Most raiding groups will expect you to use those builds and nothing else.

Quitte fucked around with this message at 12:36 on May 9, 2017

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

You should play on NA no matter your region, if you want to play with goons. And you should join both guilds for maximum coverage - you can join up to five and listen in on both chats at once, unlike before, so there is no reason not to join both. It'll be easier for you to get into groups and play with people.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

God with leak pointing to Elona and the LS pointing killing gods, I'm really hoping to finally beat the poo poo out of Kormir. I'll even make a Koss on Koss backpiece to celebrate the occasion

See, about that last part. The dervish elite skills include turning into avatars of the gods. See avatar of dwanya for an example. Having them act like the gods is totally a palwalla joko thing to do too.

Aug 24, 2011

if we're going to canthelona do we get a dervish class?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

where the red fern gropes posted:

How to Derv 101

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
I hit 20 on my Revenant and it's super fun. Using Sword/Axe and Hammer.

I used my boost on a Necro and it gave me gear and a minion type build. What is a good build to start HOT with? Is the one the game gave me fine?

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Yeah a minion build would work great early on in HoT, once you get greatsword and reaper shroud though i would swap to that (reaper shroud 5,4 combo will kill almost any mob group and ruins raptors, greatsword 2 does baller damage) and work toward getting the Rise! shout for playing as a one person army.

Idk what weapons it started you with but dagger/warhorn and staff are great, swapping staff for gs later so you can keep the speed boost of warhorn

Jinh fucked around with this message at 15:13 on May 9, 2017

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
I mastered the Tiger Style and finished Chuka and Champawat.

Aug 24, 2011

Jinh posted:

Idk what weapons it started you with but dagger/warhorn and staff are great, swapping staff for gs later so you can keep the speed boost of warhorn

problems like not going fast all the time are why i play rev btw

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Redmanred posted:

I mastered the Tiger Style and finished Chuka and Champawat.

The weapon skin itself looks kinda bland, like the Auric bow or Ascended bow skins.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i dunno if they plan to add a new class with this expansion. with the leaks you'd think something would have come up, if so.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

P sure Dreggon is joking, they are not adding a new class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

where the red fern gropes posted:

Sounds like a job for a Revenant elite spec.

• Locked thread