Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

keanu_reeves_whoa_face.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

I used to read Prickly City and just roll my eyes but it's gotten so bad that I now need to skip it or become enraged by how terrible of a comic it is. It's so pretentious and faux avant-garde but hasn't managed to say or do anything remotely interesting in half a year at this point.

Just like, do something visually, or take a stance of some kind. Any kind! There isn't even an opinion to agree or disagree with at this point, it's completely milquetoast. Even Loss was a better use of ink.

JerikTelorian fucked around with this message at 15:26 on May 8, 2017

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

It's constant fall back to "why are people so rude? :qq:" is incredibly banal and intentionally trying to distract from the legitimate reasons people have to be really, really angry. It's also more of the same politico nonsense where calling people intentionally doing terrible things mean names is the real problem. Why can't people be more civil in a situation where a bunch of guys are basically trying to engineer government policy to oppress and kill those they dislike?

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Radish posted:

It's constant fall back to "why are people so rude? :qq:" is incredibly banal and intentionally trying to distract from the legitimate reasons people have to be really, really angry. It's also more of the same politico nonsense where calling people intentionally doing terrible things mean names is the real problem. Why can't people be more civil in a situation where a bunch of guys are basically trying to engineer government policy to oppress and kill those they dislike?

A useful distraction. In other words: :umberto:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

JerikTelorian posted:

I used to read Prickly City and just roll my eyes but it's gotten so bad that I now need to skip it or become enraged by how terrible of a comic it is. It's so pretentious and faux avant-garde but hasn't managed to say or do anything remotely interesting in half a year at this point.

Just like, do something visually, or take a stance of some kind. Any kind! There isn't even an opinion to agree or disagree with at this point, it's completely milquetoast. Even Loss was a better use of ink.

it kind of feels like he's backing off from trying to be Calvin & Hobbes but 30 years later and much worse, and settling for being Peanuts but 70 years later and moderately worse

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Internet Webguy posted:

"Better label the blood 'terrorism' so people know what the blood is from on the cake labeled 'open borders.'"

Wait, I just noticed Branco's email is at the domain "reagan.com"...

e: holy poo poo, it's an actual private email service dedicated to Reagan lmao

Raylen fucked around with this message at 16:06 on May 8, 2017

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Re: Prickly City, I stopped reading every update on it ages ago. I actually generally prefer Branco squirting his particular brand of bile to Stantis spending 6 months saying gently caress and all.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Raylen posted:

Wait, I just noticed Branco's email is at the domain "reagan.com"...

e: holy poo poo, it's an actual private email service dedicated to Reagan lmao

It's one of the Reagan kid's money making schemes. He charges for the email accounts and at one point was advertising them on talk radio lol

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Good Citizen posted:

It's one of the Reagan kid's money making schemes. He charges for the email accounts and at one point was advertising them on talk radio lol
Now let me tell you how the left thinks Obama is the Messiah...

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Is anyone still reading prickly city, or are you just scrolling by without a second glance when you see Bill Watterson ripofd Libertarian & Hobbes?

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
I might be the last person left reading prickly city because I'm waiting for it to improve

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I read everything in this thread that isn't a monolithic wall of text.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Potato Salad posted:

Is anyone still reading prickly city, or are you just scrolling by without a second glance when you see Bill Watterson ripofd Libertarian & Hobbes?
Prickly City and Rall are the two things in this thread I skip over unless one gets quoted as being particularly stupid or terrible.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Lord Hydronium posted:

Prickly City and Rall are the two things in this thread I skip over unless one gets quoted as being particularly stupid or terrible.

Animal Nuz and DBD were the only comics that I did this with, but Prickly City is approaching that point rapidly.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

whomupclicklike posted:

I might be the last person left reading prickly city because I'm waiting for it to improve

The art is cute. Perhaps some enterprising person could paste in some actual jokes.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

It's not exactly like Prickly City takes much time to read at least. I usually read it but I don't really enjoy the experience :shrug:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It feels like it's never saying much.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

BarbarianElephant posted:

The art is cute. Perhaps some enterprising person could paste in some actual jokes.

It's not even fun to edit, 99% of the art is two characters standing on rocks and talking.

no mom very hungry
Oct 5, 2004

You are getting sleepy...

Good Citizen posted:

A few years ago my manager at the time listened to nothing but right wing talk radio. I constantly heard ads for reagan.com on Limbaugh's show. I was like, "Why not the last true Republican president eisenhower.com?" :911:

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Potato Salad posted:

I pretty much just scroll until I see Bad Reporter or Zelda at this point.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oooooh
This is really good.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone mentioned that The Onion made a Kelly Cartoons video series called Behind the Pen?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I very much enjoyed catching up on the weekend's cartoons, where vulgar racist scumbags Glenn McCoy and AF Branco got their knickers in a twist over a Colbert joke.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

TheBigAristotle posted:

Has anyone mentioned that The Onion made a Kelly Cartoons video series called Behind the Pen?

Yeah the series is five years old and they were discussed

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Pants Donkey posted:

Yeah the series is five years old and they were discussed

At work, haven't watched yet... worth it?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

TheBigAristotle posted:

nobody says "You gotta give me the fangs" anymore, but it's a reference to Kelly's in-character comments about how he draws Chinese people

TheBigAristotle posted:

At work, haven't watched yet... worth it?

I thought so

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah they're the source to thread meme "You gotta give me the fangs". Worth a watch

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Never expected Drinky to make such an optimistic cartoon about college students.

Even Rall's hideous art can't help but make charitable work of Steve Bannon's face.

Despite the Boston accent, I like to think the blond guy is supposed to be Curt Schilling.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

This is some good poo poo that didn't deserve to get lost on the last page

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

There's nothing loving here. You might as well have put both of those statements on a white background for all the difference it'd make.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Ramos posted:

There's nothing loving here. You might as well have put both of those statements on a white background for all the difference it'd make.

... Wat?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
so trump's a red sox fan huh, interesting

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Ramos posted:

It's 2 conservatives simultaneously arguing the Coulter should be able to go to Berkley and use hate speech and Colbert should be fired for making a joke about Dear Leader.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Sandpuppy posted:

Despite the Boston accent, I like to think the blond guy is supposed to be Curt Schilling.

If it takes a drunk, racist fan to make this city finally investigate its problem with racism, I'll take it. #blackatbls was a start, but we have a long way to go.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Ramos posted:

It's calling out conservative hypocrisy, though?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

mandatory lesbian posted:

so trump's a red sox fan huh, interesting

Does he even know what baseball is?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

ISRAELI MINISTERS APPROVE CONTROVERSIAL JEWISH STATE BILL: MK Avi Dichter, who proposed the bill, called the vote "a big step towards establishing our identity, not only universally, but mainly towards ourselves, the Israelis."
:raise:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Ramos posted:

You understand that it's saying people who are demanding Anne Coulter be allowed to speak are also demanding Colbert apologize / be fired over his cock holster comments. In other words, their defense of free speech is only for when it spouts their views.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

duz posted:

Does he even know what baseball is?

Supposedly he once knocked one of his sons around for wearing a baseball jersey rather than a suit to a Yankees game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on John McDonnell's tax pledges – Shadow chancellor hints that a Labour government would introduce tax rises on those paying the top rate of tax – at £150,000 and above"

Independent:

Emmanuel Macron vows unity after winning French presidential election

Times:

Evening Standard:

• Locked thread