Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

learnincurve posted:

He's been one of the benchmark drivers for DTM for a while now and DTM is owned by Toto. I am willing to bet one shiny oddly shaped pound that it's the reserve driver at Williams with a view to replacing Stroll if he does not buck up.

If it is please please let Herbert discuss this in front of Di Resta.

Stroll is the only one that really comes to mind that you'd want an immediate replacement for this early in the season.

Timo is also 35 and he doesn't have the momentum of having been in consecutive seasons in F1 this entire time.... lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

wicka posted:

Wait, what the gently caress is this? https://www.instagram.com/p/BT1lVtKDJYY/

The Worst Thread moves mountains without even trying

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

wicka posted:

Wait, what the gently caress is this? https://www.instagram.com/p/BT1lVtKDJYY/

Must be a reserve driver thing. The only full time drivers in danger are Palmer and Ericsson if his money isn't on time and both teams already have a reserve in place.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I rather suspect the combination of Paddy Lowe and Sir Frank would have had a clause in daddy Stroll's contract that says "I promise my boy isn't poo poo but if it turns out he is and is costing the team too much money or is a danger to himself or others you can shitcan him and keep the money"

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Found it under a bunch of cobwebs in my basement.

lol those names. Franck fuckin' Perera.

"Toyota has financial stability with both Panasonic and Intel re-signing."

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Question is will she do a Honda and retire two minutes into the set.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Wait does that mean Their Lewis's Nicole is out? I don't want to read the actual article

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
There we go! Right in the mag speak of the devil. This whole paragraph outlines exactly why the entire F1 team was a failure.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

There we go! Right in the mag speak of the devil. This whole paragraph outlines exactly why the entire F1 team was a failure.

This is supposedly the same problem Honda has currently. They're too focused on making continuous, small improvements that their engines are never sufficiently tested. They're iterating too rapidly.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Wait does that mean Their Lewis's Nicole is out? I don't want to read the actual article

Black eyed peas and Nicole are on the Friday, and I love this more than anything, but it reads like she's going to start singing as soon as the flag waves on Sunday.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

wicka posted:

This is supposedly the same problem Honda has currently. They're too focused on making continuous, small improvements that their engines are never sufficiently tested. They're iterating too rapidly.

It doesn't help they have now pushed two entirely different power units in the same engine formula.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Continuous Improvement really is a bag of dicks and I really can't wait for the next management style gimmick to come along so we can throw this one in the trash.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
But look they had a single cylinder engine from an XR250 dirt bike and it ran fine on the dyno

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Continuous Improvement really is a bag of dicks and I really can't wait for the next management style gimmick to come along so we can throw this one in the trash.

I'm glad I sold my company

Otherwise :suicide:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Norns posted:

It doesn't help they have now pushed two entirely different power units in the same engine formula.

I blame McLaren for that. "Size zero" a mistake. They weren't the only ones to think this would be an aero-dominated formula, but they were the only ones to take it so far, and it was idiotic to thrust that upon Honda in their very first year.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I wish they had gone down the first power unit development path without a Coke bottle car suffocating it.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Ferrari had the same concept in '14 but had the common sense to make an engine that wasn't completely unfuckable if the concept failed.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Also testing more than a single cylinder with your concept probably would have helped too

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I really wish I could just write a letter to Honda asking them to hire me on as a consultant but there's like zero chance of that since I don't have any engineering qualifications.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I really wish I could just write a letter to Honda asking them to hire me on as a consultant but there's like zero chance of that since I don't have any engineering qualifications.

I've got good news and bad news: you are qualified.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Sorry not Japanese resume in trash

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

1500quid in 2014: Hey guys, let's maybe take a second pass over this put the turbo inside the intake idea, sounds cool but I'm thinking it's probably not the best solution.

1500quid in 2016: Hey guys, these numbers from the single cylinders are great but why don't we try putting this thing together to confirm we aren't just jerking ourselves off.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Norns posted:

Also testing more than a single cylinder with your concept probably would have helped too

Was this ever really confirmed because this has got to be one of the stupidest engineering lapses in the sport.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Gigi Galli posted:

Was this ever really confirmed because this has got to be one of the stupidest engineering lapses in the sport.

They came right out and said it was what happened.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

Wait, what?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Wait. How did some of you not hear of that? Or is it because it's The Worst Thread did you guys assume it was made up poo poo?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GramCracker posted:

Wait. How did some of you not hear of that? Or is it because it's The Worst Thread did you guys assume it was made up poo poo?

It honestly does sound made up. I know it's true and still can't believe it

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

1500quidporsche posted:

Ferrari are great and the deserve every dime they earn.

They deserve more imo

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

It honestly does sound made up. I know it's true and still can't believe it

More or less believable than Timo Glock returning to F1 in 2017?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

More or less believable than Timo Glock returning to F1 in 2017?

I am not capable of answering this question at this time.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
I don't think he'd make a post like that about nothing more than a reserve seat.

It's either Stroll, Palmer or Ericcsson.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

He posted another gram before it where he said he was flying into London on a "secret mission." You'd fly into London for any of those factories, right?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Wirth1000 posted:

I don't think he'd make a post like that about nothing more than a reserve seat.

It's either Stroll, Palmer or Ericcsson.

Palmer has the least cash and the shittiest attitude towards his team...

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

He posted another gram before it where he said he was flying into London on a "secret mission." You'd fly into London for any of those factories, right?

Not Sauber.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Theophany posted:

Hell, I'd race for Renault alongside Big Hulk

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Renault is also doing this as a marketing exercise so fielding two German drivers is questionable. I'd bet Stroll.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

Renault is also doing this as a marketing exercise so fielding two German drivers is questionable. I'd bet Stroll.

It'd be weird if they went after a guy who's driving for BMW, though. Hell, I still can't get over the fact that, of ALL the former drivers around, it's Timo loving Glock.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

1500quidporsche posted:

Nah, I don't see Frank Williams loving the golden goose, no matter how many cars he writes off.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

wicka posted:

It'd be weird if they went after a guy who's driving for BMW, though. Hell, I still can't get over the fact that, of ALL the former drivers around, it's Timo loving Glock.

He has to come back to put right 2008.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Theophany posted:

Nah, I don't see Frank Williams loving the golden goose, no matter how many cars he writes off.

I don't think it'd be so much that as the golden goose's dad waking up and realising he's burning cash so his next of kin can become the butt of everybody's jokes and deciding it's time to pack up.

• Locked thread