Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Carebearz posted:

Glocks are trash guns, at least that's my personal opinion.

What are you, Plaxico Burress or a cop in the NYPD? Stop NDing into your leg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Party Plane Jones posted:

What are you, Plaxico Burress or a cop in the NYPD? Stop NDing into your leg.

Neither, just a firearms enthusiast who knows that Glocks are trash

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

glocks are better than springfields can we all just agree on that simple principle

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

funny Star Wars parody posted:

glocks are better than springfields can we all just agree on that simple principle

I'm sorry bb but i can't agree to that

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Carebearz posted:

Glocks are trash guns, at least that's my personal opinion.

There's a gun that shoots garbage? Oh man

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
If you're just looking to record gameplay clips I can't recommend the built-in Xbox Game Bar recorder in Windows 10 enough. It's fantastic.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Add the VSS or VAL :unsmigghh:

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Yodzilla posted:

If you're just looking to record gameplay clips I can't recommend the built-in Xbox Game Bar recorder in Windows 10 enough. It's fantastic.

Any major difference in the game bar vs shadowplay?

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

For another 7.62 gun I say the galil.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is this game mostly finished, with only bug fixes being made until it's ready for a full release? Or are they planning to add new features like the a death cam that shows how you died?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

qkkl posted:

Is this game mostly finished, with only bug fixes being made until it's ready for a full release? Or are they planning to add new features like the a death cam that shows how you died?

They do plan on adding a new gun every month prior to the official release.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

I'd like to see a pistol slot automatic, which i'm honestly surprised the uzi isn't that.

Maybe a super rare grenade launcher, LMG's, P90, G36C, Five Seven, MP7, and maybe an ACR.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Captain Beans posted:

Any major difference in the game bar vs shadowplay?

Honestly not sure. I have it set to always recording the last 3 minutes of gameplay on High and haven't seen any performance issues. When I tried using Shadow Play it was a performance hog and Game DVR seems way slicker.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I hope all LMGs they add remain crate-only like the M249 cause that thing is too good to find in a building.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

i am learning a lot about how to become a better pubg player from dr. disrespect
https://clips.twitch.tv/HumbleBrightTireChocolateRain
https://clips.twitch.tv/CarelessWildToadFutureMan

Rite Of Massage fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 8, 2017

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I hope all LMGs they add remain crate-only like the M249 cause that thing is too good to find in a building.

this, put the grenade launcher in a crate, as well as an AA12 or something maybe.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

afkmacro posted:

For another 7.62 gun I say the galil.

nah, the Galil was originally a 5.56 rifle, if they're adding a gun in 7.62 NATO it really should be a Cold War-era battle rifle- preferably the FAL, but a CETME, G3, or M14 would also work

e: though I guess they could do the 7.62x39 ACE model as a way of adding a non-AK styled rifle with equivalent damage that can take more attachment options

Bolow posted:

Add the VSS or VAL :unsmigghh:

those would own but would also really only make sense as crate loot

e2:

SpaceBanditos posted:

And to be logically consistent the M-24 is a 7.62x51, adding in another gun chambered in that round that didn't spawn in a crate would be either completely over powered or derpy because it would have to do arbitrary damage.
Damage is already arbitrary with the 7.62 guns- i.e. there's no reason the SKS should do more damage than the AKM, but it does

LGD fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 8, 2017

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

there is never going to be a grenade launcher in this game STOP TRYING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

there is never going to be a grenade launcher in this game STOP TRYING TO MAKE IT HAPPEN

why wouldn't there be?

also if they wanted to add rocket launchers they could do the one shot thing and have if take up your grenade slot maybe?

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008

Smoke grenades/napalm launcher? I'm against a 1hit kill grenade, but something that could launch other types of grenades would be great.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Switched.on posted:

Smoke grenades/napalm launcher? I'm against a 1hit kill grenade, but something that could launch other types of grenades would be great.

what about a grenade launcher that launches OTHER GRENADE LAUNCHERS

Carebearz fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 8, 2017

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I'd be happy with just the grenades we have now but better. I know smoke grenades are (stupidly) server side only but I used one yesterday and to me the smoke was just shooting straight up in the air in a big V shape and not actually covering anything on ground level. Thanks!

e:

sunken_city.jpg

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cars blow up easily enough on their own, there are no tanks nor helicopters, and there is no need for a grenade launcher that will invariably lead to them being used to shoot through a window and kill everyone peeking

It doesnt fit the game in any way shape or form and it will never be put in the game.

wait am i mixing up RPGs and grenade launchers

T800
Jul 2, 2009
This game has made a lot of weird decisions about guns.

SKS as a sniper? Lol?

Kar98s everywhere in an area that's almost surely flooded with thousands of Mosin Nagants?

A vector that is able to cycle through entire magazines repeatedly without jamming?

At least it's not DayZ with its "Everyone in Eastern Europe has a FNX hidden under their bed," I guess.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

T800 posted:

This game has made a lot of weird decisions about guns.

SKS as a sniper? Lol?

Kar98s everywhere in an area that's almost surely flooded with thousands of Mosin Nagants?

A vector that is able to cycle through entire magazines repeatedly without jamming?

At least it's not DayZ with its "Everyone in Eastern Europe has a FNX hidden under their bed," I guess.

they probably were unable to obtain the license for the mosin name

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Make it so one gravity gun spawns randomly on the map.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

they probably were unable to obtain the license for the mosin name

It's more likely that all of the weapon models in this game weren't developed in house and purchased from modelers.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

I've found more AR suppressors in some random goddamn poo poo shack in the middle of nowhere than I have ever found in an actual high loot zone

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

qkkl posted:

Make it so one gravity gun spawns randomly on the map.

You're fabulous!!!

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

also, an Item that can be used to call down a red zone would be neat

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

these suggestions are terrible

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I can't believe you guys aren't complaining about the fpv drone with 5.56 ammo they are planning to add

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Efexeye posted:

these suggestions are terrible

you're terrible

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

It's more likely that all of the weapon models in this game weren't developed in house and purchased from modelers.

Definitely the case which makes you wonder why they're continuing at the rapid fire pace of one new gun a month.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Honestly, I don't think I would mind even if many of the guns turn out to be somewhat redundant. I just really like the general feel of just having to make do with whatever random thing you can get your hands on and having to adjust your playstyle accordingly. That's more interesting than knowing you can get an M16 if you really want one in almost any round. Besides, it adds to the general flavour if you see guys running around with a wide variety of old-rear end surplus guns instead of having most everybody carrying the current flavour of the month.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Where's the bayonets at, stabbing dudes in houses without switching to melee weapons should be a prime way to murk people silently.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Been playing on the NA servers a bit and it's hilarious how many people use the ingame voice chat and give away their position, seemingly unaware that they're broadcasting directional audio to the entire world

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

If they're going to have arrows for the crossbow I wouldn't mind like a compound bow, with a better firing rate. Or some kind of full-auto slingshot like this crazy man built:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbKGjRoSofA&t=53s

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I can't believe you guys aren't complaining about the fpv drone with 5.56 ammo they are planning to add

I'm assuming it's like some little ground based thing. In which case, it's probably going to be barely above prone height so you won't be able to see poo poo with it, and with the driving physics you're probably going to flip the thing well before you actually get to shoot someone with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Bolow posted:

I'm assuming it's like some little ground based thing. In which case, it's probably going to be barely above prone height so you won't be able to see poo poo with it, and with the driving physics you're probably going to flip the thing well before you actually get to shoot someone with it

Thats what I figured but it just seems stupid to have someone on your squad only running with one rifle so they can carry the drone. Especially if you only found an AK and have to carry both ammo types

• Locked thread