Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

mike12345 posted:

I'm guessing Saudi Arabia (for the lols). Also, an art gallery.

That was my first thought. Theres fuckloads of vids on like liveleak of Saudi dudes loving around with exotic pets in less than secure conditions.

Unique combo of too much money, 3rd world attitude towards safety, and a not giving a gently caress about animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Y'see what happens when you don't have ArfJason pointing out that harassing someone to combat harassment is like loving for virginity. A valuable service, I think you'll agree.

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Unique combo of too much money, 3rd world attitude towards safety, and a not giving a gently caress about animals.

Don't worry, we're going to be roughly on the same page in a few years.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
Stop doxxing people, you loving idiots.

Alternatively, if you're going to nuke your own account come out swinging with something entertaining instead of the most milquetoast of burns.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Decrepus posted:

My friend asked me yesterday how a developer (chris?)said years ago that you could turn your ship gravity off and accelerate and slame people into walls to kill them but just yesterday, some 2 years later, a streamer flew their ship into the side of a spacestation and it bounced around like a ping-pong ball.

If you fly full speed into the station it's 50/50 whether the explosion animation will kick in and bits of your ship jitter around on fire or you make a 'bonk' sound and bounce off it totally unharmed, there seems to be no rhyme or reason for these things

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

:captainpop: :chanpop:

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
please be real

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Ayn Marx posted:

I'm glad Samizdata's account is dead

notoriousman posted:

Stop doxxing people, you loving idiots.

:how:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm eating toasted tea cakes gently caress yes

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I love the fallout computer interface style they got.

I fully believe its all real.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TrustmeImLegit posted:

please be real

The pixels aren't right.

Ursa Rover was 4/3/17 thru 5/26/17 on the big board. Is it finished early?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

April 9, 2017

At night, we played poker in the lunchroom with Scott the intern, Steve, and Roger the programmer.

Steve was very lucky, but I think he was cheating. What a scumbag.

April 10, 2017

Today, Ben asked me to take care of a new spaceship. It looked like a metal cock. He said it had to have at least 1,000,000 polygons. When I tried to whitebox it... it tore itself apart and crashed my computer.

April 11, 2017

Around 5 o'clock this morning, Steve came in and woke me up suddenly. He had his credit card in his hand. He told me to get mine out as well. The funding had been low this week and if we didn't but packages we would be fired immediately.

April 12, 2017

I've had to buy 10 packages since yesterday. I can't afford this. By way of revenge I didn't wipe down the coffee machine. Now I feel better.

April 13, 2017

I went to the bank because my rent check bounced. They said I had no money in my account and now I owed them even more money. They said Chris took care of it personally. I guess I can sleep well tonight.

April 14, 2017

When I woke up this morning I checked my online statement and my phonebill bounced too. It was annoying but Chris told me he had already taken care of it for me. It has been quiet since this morning. Many of the programmers have gone home early. They'd be in real trouble if Chris found out.

April 15, 2017

Even though I've been feeling depressed I decided to go see my girlfriend. It's my first day off in a long time but I was stopped by a guard on the way out. He said that Chris ordered that no artists can leave the building. I can't even make a phonecall. What kind of joke is this?

April 16 2017

I heard an artist tried to escape the building last night. He was caught and lashed to his desk.

April 19

Account empty. Hungry and eat ramen noodle. Roped to my desk.

fidelity
fidelity

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Derek is the the metaphorical "Emo 15yr old" who thinks he knows better than a US Marine with extensive combat experience about a AR15/M16 because he read some books and played COD.

He is like so many people I have worked with in retail, they think they are a expert because they read a book on the subject,but ask them to actually stack a shelf and do stock rotation then they are completely out of their depth.

I am the master shelf stacker

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Meridian posted:

I am Alpharius OldSchoolCmdr.

MODS......!!!! He's doxxing again!

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
close the thread until something actually happens, apparently samizdata is going to keep creepily flying into the flame like a weird stalker moth over and over and over again.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

phosdex posted:

gently caress am I going to a medical degree to play this?

You can probably buy one for $500 that will let you be a doctor good. Just wait for 5.0.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

AbstractNapper posted:

Yep. And it's funnier, I think, if you precede all 3.0 with pre-alpha. They have supposedly shown pre-alpha footage about a year ago of something that they are still unable to release under the pre-alpha tag.

It's a miracle what a cinematic, scripted animation can do that gameplay simply cannot match!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Space Crabs posted:

close the thread until something actually happens, apparently samizdata is going to keep creepily flying into the flame like a weird stalker moth over and over and over again.
The QCS thread is coming from inside the thread.
:ohdear:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Beet stop responding to the r/ds honeypot thread.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ayn Marx posted:

I'm glad Samizdata's account is dead

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Sillybones posted:

Maybe making video games is easy???

No, friend.

It can take years of game development experience before you can have an idea.

For example, if you one day woke up and said "I'm going to make a 1000+ player on screen, seamless universe with rpg and twitch gameplay mechanics as an MMO with NPCs that are unmistakable from real players!" Most people would laugh at you. However if you say this after being out of the industry for 20 years and having been a used car salesman, you would be showered with money and yes, it is very much going to happen simply because nobody ever said those words before.

Layering on the code is virtually irrelevant at that point, and it's really only a matter of time before it manifests itself into reality.

I'd say about another two weeks.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

SC_White_Knight posted:

The only thing I can stand behind is to only allow regulars to comment while disallowing goons to post at all.
:lol:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Yay! Not-mako looking good! Can't wait for the game to shift to selling FPS stuff and ground vehicles. All the CryEngine tutorials are out there for them to use. :shepspends:

Ah now I don't know if the not-mako is real either. Both screens may be a Photoshop. Oh well. :)

The Titanic fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 8, 2017

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

The Titanic posted:

Yay! Not-mako looking good! Can't wait for the game to shift to selling FPS stuff and ground vehicles. All the CryEngine tutorials are out there for them to use. :shepspends:

Ah now I don't know if the not-mako is real either. Both screens may be a Photoshop. Oh well. :)

Looking forward to Commandos buying virtual plots of land on GenericMoon #7 that cost more than actual, similarly-sized, real plots here on Earth.

For comparison, 2.5 acres in Siberia is about $300.

Rad Russian fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 8, 2017

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Space Crabs posted:

Rap Sheet Irony.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Tensions getting high. :ohdear:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I killed oldschoolcommander but why am i under arrest

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
If I had to prove to an insane person that I'm not Derek Smart meeting them for coffee is pretty far down the list.

TrustmeImLegit
Jan 14, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Just write your username date and time on a piece of paper and you are golden. They will be able to tell its not derek by the color of the testicles.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

thatguy posted:

If I had to prove to an insane person that I'm not Derek Smart meeting them for coffee is pretty far down the list.

But what if you're Derek Smart? That's exactly what he would do!

... Derek

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Derek is the the metaphorical "Emo 15yr old" who thinks he knows better than a US Marine with extensive combat experience about a AR15/M16 because he read some books and played COD.

He is like so many people I have worked with in retail, they think they are a expert because they read a book on the subject,but ask them to actually stack a shelf and do stock rotation then they are completely out of their depth.

I had a :reddit:or claim he was a USMC and didn't know what an ejection port was on an AR. :shrug:

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

thatguy posted:

It's a safe bet. You cannot be a rabid SC anti DS fanboy and reside or work in NYC.
That kind of special snowflake has to come from someplace more protected from real life.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

ripptide posted:

MODS......!!!! He's doxxing again!

:grin:

You'll see that this was all referenced in my July blog.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TrustmeImLegit posted:

Just write your username date and time on a piece of paper and you are golden. They will be able to tell its not derek by the color of the testicles.

This is a trap.

trucutru posted:

But what if you're Derek Smart? That's exactly what he would do!

... Derek

Also a trap

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I had a :reddit:or claim he was a USMC and didn't know what an ejection port was on an AR. :shrug:

It's how you get the CD out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

What do you guys think?

I think it's time to up the medication.