Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Spoeank posted:

By the way the CBS podcast has a host named Heath Cummings who is Teemu Pokemon in my head canon

I drafted CarGo too but luckily there have been plenty of OF guys to grab and stash CarGo on my bench

Yeah I have Nelson Cruz and AJ Pollock (and now Bellinger) so I'm not desperate anymore. I had kept CarGo and drafted Bautista, so things were a little grim for a while. I also have Frazier, who's also done gently caress-all, and Jose Abreu had a really slow start. My hitting has come around now, which is why I'm wondering if it's worth stashing CarGo. It probably is, but I could use the pitching help.

Also having terrible Keeper's Remorse over keeping Frazier instead of Duvall. I agonized over that for a long time. I chose poorly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Is CarGo droppable at this point? We're past the point of "cold streak." It's been 112 ABs. That's nearly a quarter of the season he's been utterly putrid.

If you do this let me know so I can waiver claim him

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Ok so in my keeper league with 2 DL slots, I currently have the following injured players:

Beltre
A-Gon
Taillon
Thor

I'm at the point where I figure Beltre is just droppable until there's at least some kind of real timeframe for his return, and A-Gon might be in the same boat now. Since it's a keeper league and Thor is expected back this season, I'm hesitant to drop him even though he's on the 60-day (he would be $17 next season).

EDIT: Also this is an 8-teamer so there are plenty of batters available to replace either/both of them.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I would ditch A-Gon, then Beltre.

They're both incredibly droppable in an 8 teamer though so do your thing

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Spoeank posted:

I would ditch A-Gon, then Beltre.

They're both incredibly droppable in an 8 teamer though so do your thing

The Rangers really Mets'd us all with Beltre this year.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Reasons not to play in public leagues: Logging in to seeing that someone's trade of their Ian Desmond and Michael Wacha for Nolan Arenado and Robinson Cano has gone through

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

If you do this let me know so I can waiver claim him

Then offer me a trade, jerk! :argh:

Yeah I'm not usually the one that panics. I guess we all touch the stupid every once in a while.

I do have too many hitters, though.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Moneyball posted:

Reasons not to play in public leagues: Logging in to seeing that someone's trade of their Ian Desmond and Michael Wacha for Nolan Arenado and Robinson Cano has gone through

Oddly enough, I just got a trade offer in my 10 team roto league involving 3 of these 4 players. His Ian Desmond and Robinson Cano for my Nolan Arenado and Joaquin Benoit. I'm not going to take it, but I'm trying to figure out any possible counters and it's a mess. I have too many 3B's and I've been trying to move one to upgrade my outfield, but the problem is I also have too many 2B's.

3B: Nolan Arenado, Todd Frazier, Jake Lamb, Alex Bregman
2B: Jason Kipnis, Brian Dozier
Eligibility at both: Jonathan Villar

So even though I'd like to acquire Cano and Desmond, I really don't know how I can pull it off without ending up with a worse team and the same problem of too many infielders and not enough outfielders.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Then offer me a trade, jerk! :argh:

Yeah I'm not usually the one that panics. I guess we all touch the stupid every once in a while.

I do have too many hitters, though.

I have offered you a terrible trade!

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Huh, how 'bout that.

That actually isn't that terrible. If this was a total dynasty league, I'd actually probably do that. (I'm also the idiot that traded Wainwright for Profar, clearly I love me some over-hyped rookies.)

I don't think I can justify trading CarGo for someone that just had TJS, though. He would eat a roster spot all year, and then a keeper spot to boot. All for a possible payoff in 2 years.

I keep forgetting that CarGo is only 31. He's just injured so much I always envision him as a broken old man.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jameson Taillon out with Testicular Cancer :gonk:

That's one hell of a "groin discomfort"

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Rand alPaul posted:

Jameson Taillon out with Testicular Cancer :gonk:

That's one hell of a "groin discomfort"

He had surgery for it today, apparently. Looks like that's gonna be longer than 10 days.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Inspector_666 posted:

He had surgery for it today, apparently. Looks like that's gonna be longer than 10 days.

I'm wishing for the best and hope he becomes the no. 1 starter we all know he can be.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Rand alPaul posted:

I'm wishing for the best and hope he becomes the no. 1 starter we all know he can be.

I find myself saying this about a lot of pitchers around the end of March

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Spoeank posted:

By the way the CBS podcast has a host named Heath Cummings who is Teemu Pokemon in my head canon

A cocky loudmouth prone to histrionics?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Teemu Pokemon posted:

A cocky loudmouth prone to histrionics?

And the biggest goddamn contrarian, always

love ya bud

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
How are y'all in leagues with shallower benches dealing with all these early injuries? I've got Donaldson, Bumgarner, Britton, Haniger, and now Taillon all on the DL, but only 4 bench/DL slots. Are you just eating the empty roster spots until they return, or are you dropping valuable-but-hurt guys?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Two really ugly starts from Adam Conley in the past three games. I'm not sure what to do with this guy, but my finger is hovering around the drop button.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

How are y'all in leagues with shallower benches dealing with all these early injuries? I've got Donaldson, Bumgarner, Britton, Haniger, and now Taillon all on the DL, but only 4 bench/DL slots. Are you just eating the empty roster spots until they return, or are you dropping valuable-but-hurt guys?

Bourbon, mostly

In one league, I have JD Martinez, Cespedes, Hamels, and Bumgarner, but only 2 DL spots. It's roto so I guess it's not as big of a deal on a weekly basis. Maybe sacrifice one of them especially if pitching is your weakness and start streaming.

Twin Cinema posted:

Two really ugly starts from Adam Conley in the past three games. I'm not sure what to do with this guy, but my finger is hovering around the drop button.

I was burned once or twice, and I'm staying far away even in a 12 team league. He's a FA everywhere I've seen him, other than the ratio destruction he's caused me.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Stroman pitched 6 innings, 0 ER, 6 hits, 2 walks and... a single strikeout.

That's a hell of a line.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Some rough matchups for my pitchers this week: Hendricks @ COL, Kershaw @ COL, Verlander @ ARI. All in multiple leagues. Hendricks is an easy call, he'll be on my bench, but I think I gotta start Kersh and JV and prepare for pain...

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

I don't have him on my team, but Jered Weaver should really retire.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Lol what a great day to stream aj loving griffin

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

the_american_dream posted:

I streamed him in every league he was available. Good choice. Got Matt Andriese and Wheeler in some leagues, let's see if they ruin my night.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
K-Rod out, Wilson in as closer.

Melancon DL'd, add Strickland. (note: this would require the Giants to be able to win a game to have any fantasy value)

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Four straight games with a dinger for Mark Reynolds. Playing almost every day. Who says he can't stick all year as the everyday first baseman?

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

coronaball posted:

Melancon DL'd, add Strickland. (note: this would require the Giants to be able to win a game to have any fantasy value)

picked Justin Wilson up last night in anticipation after another dude had him oh their bench for three weeks and dropped him last Wednesday

:ocelot::madmax:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

the_american_dream posted:

:hfive:

Streamed him in a points league with bonuses for complete games and shutouts.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

coronaball posted:

Could Law close instead? Spoeank?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Alex Pavlovic thinks it could be Law. I'd call it 60/40 towards Law but the Giants have had one save opp in the last week

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Moneyball posted:

Could Law close instead? Spoeank?

It might be Law. If both were available, I'd take Strickland simply because he has a little more experience and Bochy loves that. And don't anybody go dropping anyone of any value for a fill-in, maybe/maybe-not closer on this wretched team.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Out of curiosity. What are the odds k rod returns as a closer? I had him before, already picked up replacement and kinda want the extra slot to stream/find another closer (maybe dbacks? Bradley?)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Boch just said that Melancon has pitched with his issue for a couple of weeks and they just shelved him for 10 days to let him heal. Go ahead and speculate for that one save opp Law or Strickland will get.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Junkyard Poodle posted:

Out of curiosity. What are the odds k rod returns as a closer? I had him before, already picked up replacement and kinda want the extra slot to stream/find another closer (maybe dbacks? Bradley?)

You probably have a better chance of getting the call in a save situation. He is done.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

You're assuming the Giants win a game.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Did I say successful save opp

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Cano has a quad strain, huzzah

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

CM says Strickland and correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Strickland been supposed closer-in-waiting for like 3 years but never gets the chance because he's never as effective in the 9th as he is in the earlier innings and/or someone does a better job in the 9th?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Can't drive the afternoon bus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Teemu Pokemon posted:

CM says Strickland and correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't Strickland been supposed closer-in-waiting for like 3 years but never gets the chance because he's never as effective in the 9th as he is in the earlier innings and/or someone does a better job in the 9th?

And they literally just sent out a new email that says it'll be a committee with Law getting first look so

• Locked thread