Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

It forcing a schism between Lowtax and his mods and admins

The past 4 or so years caused a huge schism in the left wing period, culminating in the primary election.

The USA is extremely divided these days, and it's more than just between Republicans and Democrats. The left basically ate itself alive. Liberals have spent so much time and effort attacking their own base that of course the GOP won everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
It's not like there aren't warring factions within the GOP either; they're just usually better about uniting when it counts. Of course that breaks down when they're the ones in power as we see.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

So what was everyone's favorite Hillary losing moment here on the forum? Mine was probably the dude who broke off completely with his family over them voting trump to be a good "ally" and was praised over it in negrotown.
Clinton hinting in one of the debates, based on nothing whatsoever, that if trump released his tax returns they would have bear paws all over them

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I don't think this was true outside of the worst parts of D&D though? There were a few very loud obnoxious posters who would mysteriously appear in any thread to shitpost about their abuela

I sincerely hope this is the case, and have heard it before, but that wasn't the impression I had at the time.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

VikingSkull posted:

the problem was only really noticeable because the small minority of Hillary supporters included people who could probate and ban those who didn't like Hillary

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I know population density and all that, but it somewhat disconcerting that three well placed nuclear missiles could wipe out like half of all Democrats

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gazpacho posted:

Clinton hinting in one of the debates, based on nothing whatsoever, that if trump released his tax returns they would have bear paws all over them

Lol if you believe anything she says

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Hillary Clinton is not human.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

kikkelivelho posted:

I remember crying a bit.

oh yeah, people who had emotional breakdowns over the election were pretty funny

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

hey now that people have started finishing the book, is there anything in there about clinton's wardrobe choices? why was she always dressed like dr evil at a pride parade?

i wondered about that once before the election and someone went off on me because i was only talking about her outfit because she's a WOMMANNNNN!!! ignoring the fact that trump's dumb 'power tie' had been a topic of conversation literally seconds beforehand

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Stay nasty ugh

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I remember idiots on my Facebook and also here on SA thought that Trump was literally going to put homosexuals and trans people into concentration camps.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Blue Train posted:

Stay nasty ugh

it was really good when during the course of the election that you had one camp of retards embracing the word deplorable while the another embraced nasty

at least trump was smart enough to point it at the candidate instead of her idiot supporters not that it mattered

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Snatch Duster posted:

I remember idiots on my Facebook and also here on SA thought that Trump was literally going to put homosexuals and trans people into concentration camps.

There are people who still think this and they were posting in possibly this thread or maybe the Bill Nye one

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Blue Train posted:

There are people who still think this and they were posting in possibly this thread or maybe the Bill Nye one

It's their version of the FEMA camps people thought Obama was going to put True Conservatives in.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

So what was everyone's favorite Hillary losing moment here on the forum? Mine was probably the dude who broke off completely with his family over them voting trump to be a good "ally" and was praised over it in negrotown.
There was a gambling on politics thread. Some site threw odds up for elections and you could gamble on any election. There was a lot of "sure thing" back patting going on then some silence then some realllll sad posts election night. Some dudes claimed to have lost $3k+

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

food court bailiff posted:

hey now that people have started finishing the book, is there anything in there about clinton's wardrobe choices? why was she always dressed like dr evil at a pride parade?

She likes to project power without relying on feminine trappings

And she wears leg braces

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Snatch Duster posted:

I had several gay friends post that crap the day after the election. Specifically this got posted A LOT:

..as proof that the round up, and execution of gays was beginning.

Problem is, that looks hilariously staged/fake. And then when people actually looked the guy up it turns out he was some kind of amateur film maker and there was no police reports or anything to back up what, if real, would have been a horrific front page story.

And then there were all the other fake attacks that happened right after (like the poor muslim woman who got her hand farted on).

When they started being proved fake people started to go with the attitude of: "Well, it could totally happen though, that's what we should all be talking about." Like after the frat boy gang rape story that rolling stone put out got proven to be completely made up.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

I had several gay friends post that crap the day after the election. Specifically this got posted A LOT:

..as proof that the round up, and execution of gays was beginning.

Problem is, that looks hilariously staged/fake. And then when people actually looked the guy up it turns out he was some kind of amateur film maker and there was no police reports or anything to back up what, if real, would have been a horrific front page story.

And then there were all the other fake attacks that happened right after (like the poor muslim woman who got her hand farted on).

When they started being proved fake people started to go with the attitude of: "Well, it could totally happen though, that's what we should all be talking about." Like after the frat boy gang rape story that rolling stone put out got proven to be completely made up.

Yea if you got hit in the head with a beer bottle as hard as that dude claimed he would be dead. I had someone close me die that way. That little twink would not be standing let alone having a clean watch.

Snatch Duster fucked around with this message at 20:09 on May 8, 2017

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
lol dude go for the high end fake blood next time, don't cheap out with the chocolate syrup or jelly or whatever

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Gazpacho posted:

lol dude go for the high end fake blood next time, don't cheap out with the chocolate syrup or jelly or whatever

Corn syrup and red food coloring plus a little cocoa powder or blue dye :gibs:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Snatch Duster posted:

Yea if you got hit in the head with a beer bottle as hard as that dude claimed he would be dead. I had someone close me die that way. That little think would not be standing let alone having a clean watch.

It wasn't just that one, there was more than one tale of pickup truck full of white men all wearing MAGA hats doing random attacks all over the place while screaming "this is Trumps's American now!!".

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

food court bailiff posted:

i wondered about that once before the election and someone went off on me because i was only talking about her outfit because she's a WOMMANNNNN!!! ignoring the fact that trump's dumb 'power tie' had been a topic of conversation literally seconds beforehand

There was some mention made towards the end of the outfit she had chosen for election night (assuming she was going to win) and maybe some other mentions in passing of what she was wearing at some time or another but no deep dives into it really

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I posted this image with something very similar to what this guy posted on my FB.

I was told by several people that Trump was holding the flag upside down (lol, there are gay flag rules now?) and that it was a message to his supporters that he actually hates gay people.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
When the gay flag is reversed, it represents the taking on of a burden, rather than being freed from one as the upright flag suggests. Of course, it's place in the drawing provides context for this burden, and so the prediction in this picture is rather hard to determine without knowing what other major/minor arcana might have come up for Trump.

Source: I'm a wiener man who likes wieners

UnculturedSwine
Jul 7, 2006

Toadvine posted:

And she wears leg braces

Wait what? Why?

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!
the night trump won, there was one car running red lights and honking its horn in Deep Ellum Dallas. It was really funny and i followed them for a bit. No one gave a poo poo.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

FisheyStix posted:

When the gay flag is reversed, it represents the taking on of a burden, rather than being freed from one as the upright flag suggests. Of course, it's place in the drawing provides context for this burden, and so the prediction in this picture is rather hard to determine without knowing what other major/minor arcana might have come up for Trump.

Source: I'm a wiener man who likes wieners

What is the proper procedure to dispose of a gay flag? And when will the gay flag regulation be printed so we can all make sure we're displaying rainbow flags the right way?

On another note, this is kind of how I think the dems view gays:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSBFTKI-zIM

Does the left even give a poo poo about gay dudes anymore?

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

FisheyStix posted:

See, I think you've put more thought into this than Trump has put thought into the entirety of his foreign policy, much less however much thought he put into picking up that flag.

(also as an admitted Straight I don't think Trump holding a flag is very meaningful if he otherwise supports materially bad policies, and this is part of the problem with the hyper-focus on symbolism and optics and stuff)

(also I like your avatar and always watch a loop or two when you post, good work)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

UnculturedSwine posted:

Wait what? Why?

It keeps her tail from erupting out of her pants

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012
What if the gay flag has goldfringes? Would that place me under gay admiralty law? Any gay sovereign citizens know how this works?

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spacetoaster posted:

I posted this image with something very similar to what this guy posted on my FB.

I was told by several people that Trump was holding the flag upside down (lol, there are gay flag rules now?) and that it was a message to his supporters that he actually hates gay people.

Lolling at the concept that any Trump supporter knows which is the correct way to hold the gay pride flag let alone that Trump is currently holding it upside down lmao

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Guy Goodbody posted:

I know population density and all that, but it somewhat disconcerting that three well placed nuclear missiles could wipe out like half of all Democrats

These forums are monitored

Don't give them any ideas

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Power_of_the_glory posted:

What if the gay flag has goldfringes? Would that place me under gay admiralty law? Any gay sovereign citizens know how this works?

All you have to do is come to the People's Empire of North Iowan Sovereignty and we will teach you all you can handle :wink:

The Landstander posted:

(also I like your avatar and always watch a loop or two when you post, good work)

Thanks! A friend on these very forums helped me out with it, and she did a great job! :)

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

spacetoaster posted:

It has writing on it so he is holding it correctly and if anything the gays for Trump held it upside down when they wrote on it

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The Landstander posted:

See, I think you've put more thought into this than Trump has put thought into the entirety of his foreign policy, much less however much thought he put into picking up that flag.

(also as an admitted Straight I don't think Trump holding a flag is very meaningful if he otherwise supports materially bad policies, and this is part of the problem with the hyper-focus on symbolism and optics and stuff)

I'd say trump's long standing comments (including a lot of written blogs) about his support for gays would stand up better than Obama/Clinton's fast reversal from hating gays just a few years ago.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Yeah, but then you take a look at his running mate and the platform of the party he's running on, and even a lukewarm democrat is going to be marginally better at worst than the GOP on that front.

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

spacetoaster posted:

I'd say trump's long standing comments (including a lot of written blogs) about his support for gays would stand up better than Obama/Clinton's fast reversal from hating gays just a few years ago.
I still think the mere act of putting Mike Pence in a VP position (who, some hysteria aside, was a few steps above standard-grade Republican homophobe) and the gestures towards 'religious liberty' make me suspicious of where Trump will try to go on this. So these material things can coexist even if Trump's personal opinions might be 100% "gay people are the best".

Also, Obama didn't support gay marriage when he could've in 2008, sure, but he was never exactly pounding the table over this stuff in the way that Trump's inner people did, either. Slow-tracking DADT repeal, where I understood the moral arguments against Obama, also had the impact of getting the (old, bureaucratic, document-oriented) military leadership on board with the idea in a way that signing an executive order might not have.

My understanding is that the Trump admin currently they haven't done much on the gay rights front, either direction, and the religious liberty order was a photo op. But it seems like spin to say Trump is fine on LGBT stuff because he held up a flag and may not have personal animus. It's not "Hillary likes hot sauce" but it's the same universe.

FisheyStix posted:

Thanks! A friend on these very forums helped me out with it, and she did a great job! :)
My hope is one day on a random loop they will overcome their shyness, and perhaps enjoy a movie or social event, together.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

fruit on the bottom posted:

Yeah, but then you take a look at his running mate and the platform of the party he's running on, and even a lukewarm democrat is going to be marginally better at worst than the GOP on that front.

I don't think Trump and Pence are some kind of best friends or anything. And I don't think that Pence is going to have that much influence considering that 40% of republicans are in favor of gay marriage ( and 30% of the democrats are still against it).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The Landstander posted:

a few steps above standard-grade Republican homophobe.

I'm gonna need some evidence of this (not being a douche, I honestly want to know). I've heard it said a lot, but I haven't found anything that puts him up above the noise level.

• Locked thread