Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

jadarx posted:

Stretch Goals: Pieces painted black :toot:

What's the odds of massive fulfillment issues?

Most Components: Generics, so Bulk ordered and cheap.
Box, stickers: custom prints. Easy to get. Bit more expensive.
Essay-book about game design: Actually takes work to do and costly to print.

So Good likelyhood for success, unless they go crazy with stretch goals and start losing money?

Issaries fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
8 dollars for a digital version of the game design book. That's the tier to back at IMO.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

8 dollars for a digital version of the game design book. That's the tier to back at IMO.

The kickstarter has already made it, and all this companies pdf books sell for $8 so maybe don't bother.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Ugh, the Darkest Night KS keeps posting shots of their test minis from the factory and they just look so blobby and amateurish. I really hope the game is good because it was more money than most campaigns that offer better quality.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

JazzFlight posted:

Ugh, the Darkest Night KS keeps posting shots of their test minis from the factory and they just look so blobby and amateurish. I really hope the game is good because it was more money than most campaigns that offer better quality.

It's really good. And bear in mind that the previous edition didn't have minis (and they were optional in this edition) but it did have four (five if you count the bundle of promos) expansions that were each around $20, which are all rolled into the base package here. It's too bad if people paid extra for minis and they turn out not to be very good, but that's not the value proposition of this particular project.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
Appears they've sorted out the shipping issues for Blue Rose, as my physical book arrived today and I have since statted up a dashing telepathic crocodile spy.

Serf
May 5, 2011

unseenlibrarian posted:

Appears they've sorted out the shipping issues for Blue Rose, as my physical book arrived today and I have since statted up a dashing telepathic crocodile spy.

I got mine as well. Holy hell this is a big book. I haven't had time to dig into it yet but the production quality is really good.

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy
Had to bite the bullet and back Brass: Lancashire. I've never played Brass but I know it's solid, and that art is too good to pass up.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Japanese Dating Sim posted:

Had to bite the bullet and back Brass: Lancashire. I've never played Brass but I know it's solid, and that art is too good to pass up.

Plus how many games include the nightmare hellscapes of Blackpool and Oldham?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Rifts miniatures boardgame Kickstarter. Surely nothing can go wrong right?

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index...ates&Itemid=183

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib
Sure, Kevin.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Regular readers of this thread may recall that things have already gone horribly wrong with that kickstarter well before launch.

I wish the best for Bellaire but it looks like he's got a tough road ahead.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

Atlas Hugged posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWa0dZMHYeE

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Regular readers of this thread may recall that things have already gone horribly wrong with that kickstarter well before launch.

I wish the best for Bellaire but it looks like he's got a tough road ahead.

Could someone do an effort post about it, because palladium stories are always entertaining.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Atlas Hugged posted:

Uh oh! Better not quote that post for mockery:
"This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation."

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

adhuin posted:

"This press release may be reprinted, reposted, linked and shared for the sole purpose of advertising, promotion and sales solicitation."

Someone doesn't understand how press releases work.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

adhuin posted:

Could someone do an effort post about it, because palladium stories are always entertaining.

The guy behind the boardgame was goaded by Kevin into weighing in on the comments for the disastrous Robotech Tactics Kickstarter and put both feet in his mouth with a post that basically said "hey, if you get snotty with me about this, well, I guess I won't use all my influence to help move this Kickstarter along." After he was laughed out of the comments section he apparently attempted suicide, which Kevin Sembieda immediately jumped on as the basis for yet another self-serving monologue while throwing shade at his backers, essentially blaming them for crushing someone's hopes and dreams while pointedly avoiding any responsibility himself for the entire debacle.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

Peas and Rice posted:

Someone doesn't understand how press releases work.

There are a lot of things Mr. Siembieda doesn't understand.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

That Rifts board game thing has a delivery date of Jun 2019. While I know some games get delayed to a 2-year delivery, usually they list no further off than like, 1 year, right?

Knowing the warning signs about the guy who set this up, I even doubt that 2019 is an achievable goal.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I'm thinking about upping my pledge for Hab Block II.

I love the look of the buildings, but I wanted to see what the thread might say about his previous KS first.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Having spoken to Bellaire I he mentioned he's trying to be cautious and apply some lessons from a certain previous kickstarter.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

adhuin posted:

It doesn't specify positive advertising/promotion.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Having spoken to Bellaire I he mentioned he's trying to be cautious and apply some lessons from a certain previous kickstarter.

I feel like "getting involved with Kevin Sembieda in any way, shape, or form" is the more important lesson to learn and welp.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Has anyone looked into Petrichor? It certainly sounds interesting especially with that quote about Dominant Species, but I'm not sure whether to get this or just grab DS instead.

Also, are there any reviewers you'd recommend regarding Brass?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Agent Rush posted:

Has anyone looked into Petrichor? It certainly sounds interesting especially with that quote about Dominant Species, but I'm not sure whether to get this or just grab DS instead.

Grab Dominant Species because you can get it and play it now and it also owns. Mean, though, so be warned if you're playing with people who don't like the fact that "Survival of the fittest" sometimes means you eat each other or starve an entire species out or cause a volcano to erupt.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Agent Rush posted:

Petrichor is from the maker of Anachrony, if anyone is curious.

Regarding Brass: being a re-release there are already a ton of reviews on BGG that will give you a feel for it. Heavy Cardboard did a full video playthrough as part of the KS campaign.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Have there always been this many miniature centric boardgame kickstarters going on? Between Kingdom Death, Dark Souls, CMON stuff and to lesser extent Gloomhaven it feels like 2012-2014 did for videogames.

Atlas Hugged posted:

All I know about Rifts is that it has characters called Glitterboys and yet that game doesn't seem to have any in mini form? Not impressed.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 01:50 on May 9, 2017

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Twin PeaksTall Pines is a murder mystery card game where you have to solve the murder of a high school girl.

Totally not a rip-off guys.

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

The Moon Monster posted:

Have there always been this many miniature centric boardgame kickstarters going on? Between Kingdom Death, Dark Souls, CMON stuff and to lesser extent Gloomhaven it feels like 2012-2014 did for videogames.

All I know about Rifts is that it has characters called Glitterboys and yet that game doesn't seem to have any in mini form? Not impressed.

Glitterboys are robotic power armor and evidently that's out of scale for this thing?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Kai Tave posted:

I feel like "getting involved with Kevin Sembieda in any way, shape, or form" is the more important lesson to learn and welp.

Yeah, Siembieda could make some last-minute unreasonable demand that hurts the project. That being said, I'm not endorsing or planning to back the Kickstarter, just pointing out that Bellaire has gone out of his way to have a largely completed game prior to the release from everything I can tell.

SilverMike posted:

Glitterboys are robotic power armor and evidently that's out of scale for this thing?

It's a bit of an tease when you open up the kickstarter with a video of CG glitter boys fighting a dragon, two things not appearing in this game.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

The Moon Monster posted:

Miniatures-centric boardgame projects are basically the stereotypical tabletop Kickstarter.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Can't remember if someone put it here or just the terrain thread, but Mantic has a KS up making affordable plastic scatter terrain and furniture for dungeon crawlers, RPGs, and wargames, through quite a few stretch goals already

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Yeah, Siembieda could make some last-minute unreasonable demand that hurts the project. That being said, I'm not endorsing or planning to back the Kickstarter, just pointing out that Bellaire has gone out of his way to have a largely completed game prior to the release from everything I can tell.

Siembieda will decide at the last minute that he needs to review the game, decide it's not right, rewrite two thirds of it, take credit for it, delay it by two years, and then gently caress up fulfillment. He is poison, and anyone who knowingly associates with him and works with him at this point deserves what they get, even if they're probably really nice people like Bellaire.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Leperflesh posted:

Siembieda will decide at the last minute that he needs to review the game, decide it's not right, rewrite two thirds of it, take credit for it, delay it by two years, and then gently caress up fulfillment. He is poison, and anyone who knowingly associates with him and works with him at this point deserves what they get, even if they're probably really nice people like Bellaire.

This is how I see it, albeit maybe a bit more bluntly than I would have put it because obviously Bellaire is going through some poo poo in his personal life, but overall I agree that Sembieda is fundamentally poison and unfortunately people only seem to learn that after he's already hosed them over. I sincerely hope that Bellaire is getting some help so that when (not if) everything goes to poo poo the Kevin Sembieda Way™ that he recognizes how to cut ties instead of attempting suicide again.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Still legit surprised how smoothly Savage Rifts went.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Savage Rifts had the advantage of Pinnacle being a pretty professional company and having everything finalised and approved by Kevin Siembada before they started their Kickstarter.

While they couldn't outright say "There is no chance of him loving this up or stealing the project off us" they heavily implied it.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Jedit posted:

Petrichor is from the maker of Anachrony, if anyone is curious.

Regarding Brass: being a re-release there are already a ton of reviews on BGG that will give you a feel for it. Heavy Cardboard did a full video playthrough as part of the KS campaign.
David's helped, but he isn't the main designer on Petrichor. I don't think Petrichor is as complex or brutal as Dominant Species, but there are ways to really screw up your opponents in it. I kind of like it for a middle-weight euro.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

The Moon Monster posted:

There is a GB mini in a pic on the press release page. Left hand, at the back, more grey than glittery.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

That Old Tree posted:

Still legit surprised how smoothly Savage Rifts went.

There's basically no chance Pinnacle would've entered into it if there'd been a chance of him loving up. My suspicion is that Siembada badly needed the cash, so they were able to pressure him into "approving" everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kai Tave posted:

I agree that Sembieda is fundamentally poison and unfortunately people only seem to learn that after he's already hosed them over.
I'm just utterly baffled that anyone does any kind of business at all with Sembieda. Everything he touches turns into a pile of flaming wreckage, and his track record is so extensive and so public you have no excuse at all for being unaware of that fact.

It's like an ad for Bad Idea Jeans at this point.