Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So my Switch case doesn't have spare room for the extra joycons. Anyone got recommendations for a joycon carrying case I can toss in my backpack without fear of the joysticks getting messed up?

https://youtu.be/PFR_U42pOFA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Making a figure of every character they could didn't do Disney any favours when the unpopular ones were just filling shelves.
I feel like this same sort of thing happened with Nintendo and the Animal Crossing series. Whenever I check Target or Best Buy it's like 80% Mabel and Isabelle.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So my Switch case doesn't have spare room for the extra joycons. Anyone got recommendations for a joycon carrying case I can toss in my backpack without fear of the joysticks getting messed up?

A tube sock??

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
New Metroid is cool but if you want to make way too many people happy just port Metroid Prime trilogy with functioning controls and maybe a little spitshine to boost it up to 720p.

Also, Nintendo has lost their minds if Pokemon and Animal Crossing and every other inexplicably huge IP they own aren't announced at E3 during peak Switch hype. Even if it's going to be 3 or 4 years until they're released you want to cash in on hype and just say "every title is coming, we're working on everything. Also, Virtual Console is real."

Long shot dream: get the gang back together and finally do a RE-make for Resident Evil 2: The Best One.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

pippy posted:

I want the extruded human from The Enigma of Amigara Fault.

Earthworm Jim

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

New Metroid is cool but if you want to make way too many people happy just port Metroid Prime trilogy with functioning controls and maybe a little spitshine to boost it up to 720p.

Also, Nintendo has lost their minds if Pokemon and Animal Crossing and every other inexplicably huge IP they own aren't announced at E3 during peak Switch hype. Even if it's going to be 3 or 4 years until they're released you want to cash in on hype and just say "every title is coming, we're working on everything. Also, Virtual Console is real."

Long shot dream: get the gang back together and finally do a RE-make for Resident Evil 2: The Best One.

Animal Crossing definitely needs to be front and center and given deafening silence around the franchise since the mobile tie-in game was announced, it probably will be. The Switch is perfect for that franchise and it's been way too freaking long without a mainline game. New Leaf was my favorite 3DS game. I just hope they cram a ton of new stuff into it to do.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Minecraft is going to cost $29.99 on Switch. Screw that.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Resident Evil 2 is getting a remake. It's TBA at the moment

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

This is already a thing, actually. Not necessarily for Nintendo systems but they are remaking RE2.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

They definitely won't announce those this year. Expect this year to focus heavily on Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon, and Xeno2. Maybe a crazy reveal, but not likely.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Kashuno posted:

They definitely won't announce those this year. Expect this year to focus heavily on Super Mario Odyssey, Splatoon, and Xeno2. Maybe a crazy reveal, but not likely.

Isn't the 3rd pokemon game from sun/moon supposed to be a switch title? It's been about the right amount of time for some news on that. Even if it's going to 3DS or a split release, I expect to have some pokemon news at E3.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mister Facetious posted:

Mario Kart uses SD rumble. It's a port, not a remake.

It uses HD rumble. Nothing about being a port would prevent it from doing that.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Certainly fooled me then. Feels like the Wii U version still.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Mister Facetious posted:

Certainly fooled me then. Feels like the Wii U version still.

Are your hands paralyzed?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The place I really notice it is when the car is idling before you take off.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Are your hands paralyzed?

Cite an example in MK8D where it's noticably different.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Beastie posted:

Minecraft is going to cost $29.99 on Switch. Screw that.

So the same price it is on everything?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

s.i.r.e. posted:

It was $15 on xbox 360.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Mister Facetious posted:

every single part.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

It's $20 on everything. There's a $30 version on PS4 and Xbox, but it's a "Favorites" version with a bunch of DLC skins and stuff. I'm guessing the Mario DLC in the Wii U/Switch versions are gonna count as that.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

every single part.

WRONG the loading​ screen is identical, if shorter

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Phantasium posted:

This is already a thing, actually. Not necessarily for Nintendo systems but they are remaking RE2.

Holy balls. Last I heard was them sending a C&D to the fan version.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Detective No. 27 posted:

It's $20 on everything. There's a $30 version on PS4 and Xbox, but it's a "Favorites" version with a bunch of DLC skins and stuff. I'm guessing the Mario DLC in the Wii U/Switch versions are gonna count as that.

It's $27 on PC (both the full and Windows 10 Editions the latter is on sale right now though), $30 on Wii U and I think the 360 version was severely limited. Not sure if the Xbone and PS4 are limited like the 360 version was though.

If Minecraft on the Switch isn't limited and comes with Nintendo poo poo I think $30 is fair game.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Facetious posted:

That's why I bought Ryu, and plan on getting both versions of Cloud.

A Cloud fan? You rebel.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

A Cloud fan? You rebel.

I liked Cloud when he was cool. :kamina:

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

E3 usually only focuses on the upcoming releases in the next year

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Astro7x posted:

E3 usually only focuses on the upcoming releases in the next year

Nintendo does usually by Sony is happy to announce and show of trailers for games that won't be out for years, or just announce a Kickstarter for such a game, and get huge accolades for it. Nintendo should get in on that.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

parallelodad posted:

Nintendo does usually by Sony is happy to announce and show of trailers for games that won't be out for years, or just announce a Kickstarter for such a game, and get huge accolades for it. Nintendo should get in on that.

Or just be Microsoft and announce games that aren't going to be released.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sam Faust posted:

Or just be Microsoft and announce games that aren't going to be released.

Even better!

What's the last November game like that... Project H.A.M.M.E.R.?

I've seen lots of people lament it but looked like garbage imo.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Still waiting for my Vitality Sensor.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Since when has Nintendo ever announced any cool new thing more than like two months out? Heck, Super Mario 3 was announced and debuted LIVE as the final stage at that tournament with Jenny Lewis and Fred Savage

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Policenaut posted:

Still waiting for my Vitality Sensor.

Renamed to Taint Tracker and scheduled for E3 reveal

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Toad goes "Oh no..." after finding polyps.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Drunk Tomato posted:

Since when has Nintendo ever announced any cool new thing more than like two months out? Heck, Super Mario 3 was announced and debuted LIVE as the final stage at that tournament with Jenny Lewis and Fred Savage

They talked about Breath of the Wild at last year's E3.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Mister Facetious posted:

It's all pretty subtle, but there are specific rumble cues for stuff like going off-road, hitting the next level of boost in a drift, collecting coins, etc. You notice it more if you mute the volume; the coin collecting rumble resonates almost as if there were a speaker in the Joy-con making a coin-grabbing "cha-ching" noise.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The reasoning I've heard on why anything that comes out with a physical version on Switch is $5-$10 more is that Nintendo is charging more for manufacturing the carts than it would cost to put on Blu-ray or DVD, AND is mandating that all eShop prices match brick and mortar in order not to offend retailers. I don't know why Nintendo feels they have to worry about it when Sony don't... pretty decent digital sales on PSN these days.

Which is why the few games that are digital only are a lot cheaper.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 20:36 on May 8, 2017

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Imagined posted:

The reasoning I've heard on why anything that comes out with a physical version on Switch is $5-$10 more is that Nintendo is charging more for manufacturing the carts than it would cost to put on Blu-ray or DVD, AND is mandating that all eShop prices match brick and mortar in order not to offend retailers. I don't know why Nintendo feels they have to worry about it when Sony don't... pretty decent digital sales on PSN these days.

Which is why the few games that are digital only are a lot cheaper.

Man, gently caress retailers.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Anybody tried switch in the shower? if you got a nice freezer bag, you can bang out some GPs while you washin your hair

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Spellman posted:

Anybody tried switch in the shower? if you got a nice freezer bag, you can bang out some GPs while you washin your hair

I froze the body in ice and keep the Joycon in plastic bags.
It's really upped my game in the 50cc circuit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Switch sous vide

• Locked thread