Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Carebearz posted:

I'd like to see a pistol slot automatic, which i'm honestly surprised the uzi isn't that.

Maybe a super rare grenade launcher, LMG's, P90, G36C, Five Seven, MP7, and maybe an ACR.

Uhhh... you can change the fire mode on the Micro Uzi.

poo poo's murder up close in full auto with stock+ext mag+silencer.

EDIT: I'm an idiot. You meant pistol slot.

loving Mondays.

Also you are wrong. Glocks are great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

I want to be able to throw a brick at someone.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Akion posted:

Also you are wrong. Glocks are great.

glocks > xd w/e bullshit

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

im not worried about broadcasting to other players, its an invitation to get their poo poo wrecked

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Ostentatious posted:

im not worried about broadcasting to other players, its an invitation to get their poo poo wrecked

A guy almost managed to hide from our group until he informed his dead friends "I think they're finally leaving" and we all descended on his house like a pack of famished seagulls

I like the directional audio in theory, it's great in games like arma, but in its current pubg implementation it gives people who use 3rd party comms (all sensible people) a huge leg up over players who queue solo into groups and the like, as if they weren't already at a disadvantage

e: though I suppose this could just be people who haven't figured out that you can toggle between group/all voice chat? I can't recall ever meeting people who used ingame voice until I switched to the NA servers, so I'm not really sure how that works

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 20:38 on May 8, 2017

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
In game footage from my squad last night. I'm the dude throwing the flash:

http://i.imgur.com/2yu73P5.gifv

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Bohemian Nights posted:

e: though I suppose this could just be people who haven't figured out that you can toggle between group/all voice chat? I can't recall ever meeting people who used ingame voice until I switched to the NA servers, so I'm not really sure how that works

Switching the in-game voice chat to team only doesn't do anything about silencing yourself to enemies.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Switching the in-game voice chat to team only doesn't do anything about silencing yourself to enemies.

hahaha for real??

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Which is good because you'd miss out on beautiful moments like this:

https://youtu.be/A4OnXuztn6I

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Always unmute voice chat once you're in the game. I killed a guy because I heard his mechanical keyboard clicking away for a full two minutes while I sat in a house waiting for him.

bullets cure cops
Feb 3, 2006
They should just add the .308 version of the SCAR to quickly get a second 7.62 rifle in the game.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

O S T E N T A T I O U S' LIST 4 FXING PGBU

-fix lag
-fix fps
-fix system where people who i dont think should kill me cannot
-fix all crashes
-add railgun
-implement a cold and warmth system
-add 15 more ammo types with each one doing different things to people depending if they are wearing armor or not
-add zombies
-make game as little fun as possible

i will update accordingly

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I can't recall the last time I played a game that had a memory leak. I know the devs focus much more on the gameplay than the tech, but jeez they could at least use industry standard tools that detect memory leaks.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Ostentatious posted:

-fix lag
-fix fps
-fix all crashes
-add railgun
-add 15 more ammo types with each one doing different things to people depending if they are wearing armor or not
-add zombies

You forgot one.

-bane all cheaters

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

the reason glocks rule is that you can bake one into a birthday cake and it will still fire rounds after pulling it out.

also they are cheap, light, fairly accurate, and reliable. the only downside is that they are ugly and the grip is meh.

i don't really see the need for one in this game because it wouldn't really do anything that the p92 can't do already.

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

Can anyone explain (or provide a link) how the ratings work on pubg.me? It looks like your rating # goes up as your rank # goes down, right? What's considered below average/average/above average when looking at ratings?

https://pubg.me/arbybaconator

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

arbybaconator posted:

Can anyone explain (or provide a link) how the ratings work on pubg.me? It looks like your rating # goes up as your rank # goes down, right? What's considered below average/average/above average when looking at ratings?

https://pubg.me/arbybaconator

119462 people have a higher solo rating than you.
276084 people have a higher duo rating than you.
20607 people have a higher squad rating than you.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Ostentatious posted:

-fix lag
-fix fps
-fix all crashes
-add railgun
-add zombies

-fix crossbows

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Ostentatious posted:

-fix lag
-fix fps
-fix all crashes
-add railgun
-add zombies

More ammo types are fine as long as they do things like embed trackign darts into players or set them on fire.

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

Ostentatious posted:

-fix lag
-fix fps
-fix all crashes
-add railgun
-add zombies

-crafting system where you have to collect scrap metal to take to a forge to make the bullets for all your guns

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Bobbin Threadbear posted:

-crafting system where you have to collect scrap metal to take to a forge to make the bullets for all your guns

I seriously can't believe I played Rust for more than a couple of hours minutes, jesus christ what a terrible game

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

-eating and drinking and sleeping (for 8 hours a day you have to sleep and can't play because of realism)

arbybaconator
Dec 18, 2007

All hat and no cattle

VulgarandStupid posted:

119462 people have a higher solo rating than you.
276084 people have a higher duo rating than you.
20607 people have a higher squad rating than you.

tryhard

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

arbybaconator posted:

It's an elo system but it uses a weird number, because it doesn't start at 1500 like they usually do.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

arbybaconator posted:

Yeah the higher the rating number the lower the rank number. Rating numbers are a combination of win and kill ratings. Lowest ranks(<500k) have approximately 1000-1200 rating and top 10 have 2800+ rating.

There no numbers on the average but I would guess it's around 1500 rating. Just a guess based on the ratings and rankings I've seen.

Xachariah fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 8, 2017

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/Mystic_Mile/status/861695118033784836

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Canuckistan posted:

In game footage from my squad last night. I'm the dude throwing the flash:

http://i.imgur.com/2yu73P5.gifv

Sometimes it's not your fault! Yo maybe if you're going to have grenade arc indicators you should actually have the grenade travel there and not hit weird invisible colliders: https://streamable.com/mojqy

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Yodzilla posted:

Sometimes it's not your fault! Yo maybe if you're going to have grenade arc indicators you should actually have the grenade travel there and not hit weird invisible colliders: https://streamable.com/mojqy

You bounced this off the doorknob.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

does anyone know how doors work? I keep reaching for a knob and keep touching weird invisible colliders

please help me I haven't been able to leave my house in weeks

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Haha what? The second flashbang doesn't even get through the door frame, it just bounces back from nothing. Even if the first one hit the doorknob that ricochet is stupid.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Yodzilla posted:

Haha what? The second flashbang doesn't even get through the door frame, it just bounces back from nothing. Even if the first one hit the doorknob that ricochet is stupid.

The physics in this own. Car physics, grenade physics, it all owns.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

it goes through its just really fast

look next to doorknob in that frame, thats your grenade

the grenade hitboxes are big

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Bolow posted:

Add the VSS or VAL :unsmigghh:

Wat up fellow bfbc2 fan I agree with this cool and good statement

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Yodzilla posted:

Your problem with your second one is the appearance of bounceback is actually a bug. As you're throwing the third one you can see the second sitting on the floor outside which then goes off:

Of course, your real problem is that you're using flashbangs, which are utterly useless in this game.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Party Plane Jones posted:

Of course, your real problem is that you're using flashbangs, which are utterly useless in this game.

Might cause someone on a potato to lag or crash.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Just drove across 75% of the map constantly taking plinko sniper fire until I eventually died. Surrounded by trees, sniper fire. Pull behind a building, sniper fire. Drop into a divot in the ground that goes up around the car's height, sniper fire. Any time I slowed down I'd take a random shot or two.

:sigh:

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Your problem with your second one is the appearance of bounceback is actually a bug. As you're throwing the third one you can see the second sitting on the floor outside which then goes off:

Landing a good flashbang will blind the poo poo out of someone for 10 seconds or so. The trick is you know landing it

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

Pleads posted:

Just drove across 75% of the map constantly taking plinko sniper fire until I eventually died. Surrounded by trees, sniper fire. Pull behind a building, sniper fire. Drop into a divot in the ground that goes up around the car's height, sniper fire. Any time I slowed down I'd take a random shot or two.

:sigh:

Hmm yes it's almost as if driving a car paints a huge target on your back. It's generally a huge advantage and the positioning benefits outweigh how long you are but ya people are gonna shoot guns at you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Oh weird.

They're all I had besides me garbage pistol against hit shotty. :saddowns:

e: what I SHOULD have done is cooked it, ran into his room, and had it go off in my hand since you can't blind yourself like that

• Locked thread