Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

The Dennis System posted:

Erm...they all have different settings.

Okay so I just don't feel like playing the dumb game, repeat for 25 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Anything that calls itself "fantasy" and is basically anime is like really? Are people not self aware when they go to bat for this game?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Half-Life 1 sucks, don't give me that "it was the best shooter of its time" bullshit, the first DOOM is better than HL1

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Anything that calls itself "fantasy" and is basically anime is like really? Are people not self aware when they go to bat for this game?

Final Fantasy was coded entirely by an Iranian and basically rips off spellcasting mechanics wholesale from Dungeons and Dragons

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

parallelodad posted:

Final Fantasy was coded entirely by an Iranian and basically rips off spellcasting mechanics wholesale from Dungeons and Dragons

Wow, this game should have come out in 1980 so it could have been burned in public bonfires

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

parallelodad posted:

the whole game is basically a D&D game. they had to change the sprite for the Beholder boss because it was too much of a trademark violation.

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
Heroes of the Storm is the best MOBA.

Also, Heroes of the Storm is actually a good game.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Poetic Justice posted:

Videogames are not art. While artists may work on them, the finished product itself isn't art.

Bitch

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

homeless hungry plz help posted:

Heroes of the Storm is the best MOBA.

Also, Heroes of the Storm is actually a good game.

MOBA and any positive adjectives don't belong in the same sentence. Heroes of the Storm was more tolerable than lol or dota but it still has the exact same awful community that makes it unplayable unless you enjoy being stressed out by your video games.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Here's an unpopular video game opinion: I'm gay

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

New vegas is the best fallout game and shits on almost any other rpg.

Final fantasy and other gay anime games suck.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

SeXReX posted:

Blizzards best products have come out since their acquisition by Activision

Both DOTA 2 and LoL are good games that are worth tier time and effort to play

Holy gently caress I'm triggered

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Been playing assetto corsa every single chance I get since it was on sale a few weeks ago. Its probably my favorite video game of all time. There's even a python app for the game that lets you compare lap times with the world, or at least with the other nerds who have the app installed.

Simmin porsches on nurburgring while listening to podcasts and spotify and poo poo is my video game nirvana.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I'm so out of touch I don't know what moba and dota are

Hey guys remember WildSnake? That was pretty rad, amirite??

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I'm so out of touch I don't know what moba and dota are

Hey guys remember WildSnake? That was pretty rad, amirite??

They're loving dumb

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Do you like getting screamed at by an infinite number of dweebs with nerdshoe voices? You'll love mobas, bro.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Prey 2017 is the best game ever made.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
I really like Outlast 2

unpleasantly turgid fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 8, 2017

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

a bone to pick posted:

Half-Life 1 sucks, don't give me that "it was the best shooter of its time" bullshit, the first DOOM is better than HL1

DOOM is a vastly overrated game.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

fruit on the bottom posted:

counter-point: Duke Nukem was never good or funny

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Duke nukem forever was good and fun.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
While Halo is an overrated and bloated series and the plot was never great, it was the first game to actually do vehicles right imo

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

DOOM 2016 was too short

EAB
Jan 18, 2011
Quake Champions is good

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

I'm gonna kill like,, most of the people in this thread .

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

jazzyhattrick posted:

Bubsy 3d is hands down the greatest platformer of the 4th console generation.

Exciting, isn't it?

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

So you're under 25 aren't you.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

phasmid posted:

I'm old and lovely and I never played it.

Goldeneye was the greatest shooter of the 90s

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

phasmid posted:

Nope

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I will probably never have more fun playing video games with other people in person than Halo 2 :smith:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

I will probably never have more fun playing video games with other people in person than Halo 2 :smith:

Of course, there was a time when hamburgers and bong rips made everything better

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I'm old and lovely and I never played it.

Goldeneye was the greatest shooter of the 90s

Doom is better than Goldeneye

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Rutibex posted:

Doom is better than Goldeneye

See I wouldn't know I only played the good one :smuggo:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Homestar Runner posted:

DKC 3: Dixie's Double Trouble was better than DKC 1-2

Super Mario World > Super Mario Bros 3

Eliminator Boat Duel (NES) is an 8-bit masterpiece and if you ain't played it well gently caress you buddy

No

Yes

Maybe? :confused:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Then I am sorry for whatever made you this way.

See I wouldn't know I only played the good one :smuggo:
See I used to envy console kids in the days of Genesis and SNES but then when everyone went apeshit over goldeneye I thought they were kidding. lovely controls, lovely weapons and that dumb ever-present droning that made up the soundtrack. I guess if you didn't have a PC in 1996 that would look like a loving miracle but I did so it didn't.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
That said, the only good game for 64 was Smash Bros. Eat it, fuckers.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

phasmid posted:

See I used to envy console kids in the days of Genesis and SNES but then when everyone went apeshit over goldeneye I thought they were kidding. lovely controls, lovely weapons and that dumb ever-present droning that made up the soundtrack. I guess if you didn't have a PC in 1996 that would look like a loving miracle but I did so it didn't.

I was impressed by the original Half Life if in real time, but consoles were a great equalizer. Not every family had a computer, or if they did it wasn't necessarily a top of the line rig- many were relic word processors (or at least our parents told them they were only for work). So it was to their advantage to give us our own machine to gently caress around with so as not to interfere with whatever Grownup Business they had going on. Plus, a dedicated controller, and essentially the guarantee that nothing would go wrong- whereas a fatal exception or a BSOD was usually cause for a talking to for screwing around with the Expensive Work Machine :shrug:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

phasmid posted:

That said, the only good game for 64 was Smash Bros. Eat it, fuckers.

I will Super smash you you loving bitch

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

phasmid posted:

Wolfenstein, bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

I was impressed by the original Half Life if in real time, but consoles were a great equalizer. Not every family had a computer, or if they did it wasn't necessarily a top of the line rig- many were relic word processors (or at least our parents told them they were only for work). So it was to their advantage to give us our own machine to gently caress around with so as not to interfere with whatever Grownup Business they had going on. Plus, a dedicated controller, and essentially the guarantee that nothing would go wrong- whereas a fatal exception or a BSOD was usually cause for a talking to for screwing around with the Expensive Work Machine :shrug:
Oh yeah. My folks had a work PC. It's just that they got a powerful one to run CAD stuff. So with DOOM coming out a few years before hand, it was well suited.

I will Super smash you you loving bitch
I mean, it was good. But Brawl is really the best one imo.

Wolfenstein, bitch.
I loved that game before I played DOOM. Then the floppy disk just sat in the little case and I never touched it again.