Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

ArbitraryC posted:

How come it's always the physically grossest people that overshare about their sexual interests/lives.

It's fun watching others cringe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Boyfriend (31) on stag do and I (26) can't help but be peed off he has been the worst communicator ever all trip.

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been together 4 years and live together (have done for 2 years for background info).

4 days ago my boyfriend went on a stag do for one of his friends, I'm fine with this and expect him to go on these trips. He is due back later today. On the trip is my boyfriends oldest friend who I have reservations about, he is a womaniser and can be quite manipulative - in fact whenever we see him I feel like he manages to start a bit of an argument between me and my partner and seems to relish in it. I have tried to explain this to my boyfriend but he thinks I'm being crazy.

Anyway, the stag do is 5 days and he's due back this evening. My friend has a boyfriend on this stag do and has been sending me pics her boyfriend has sent across etc and I realised I'm completely out of the loop. Sure, I've heard from my boyfriend a few texts a day but they lack any substance. I've realised when I ask questions I don't really get replies just a text a few hours later saying 'hey, what are you up to?' etc.

I brought this up today - (sorry reddit) because it was the last straw. I'd asked him when the flight back was 5 times and he just ignored them. It's like he texts as he feels he has to but doesn't actually read what I've said or care. I'm hurt as I genuinely don't expect war and peace but maybe a text in his downtime just saying what they've been up to and showing a vague interest in what I've done since he went.

As expected me being annoyed at him for the communication stuff went down like a sack of sh*t. I'm really, really annoyed at him and feel like when this friend is about who I don't think wants my boyfriend to be in a relationship our relationship suffers as a result.

I don't want to be angry but how can I get this out before I see him tonight. I'm at work and just seething about it all.

TL;DR - Boyfriend on 5 day stag do and has shown little no interest in contacting me or making sure I'm ok despite having been on my own in our house the last 5 days (we live a few hours from most friends and family). Basically, am I a loser for being annoyed that other men on the trip have shown an interest in their gf's and boyfriend simply....hasnt?

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

fruit on the bottom posted:

Boyfriend (31) on stag do and I (26) can't help but be peed off he has been the worst communicator ever all trip.

how do a guy who hates texting and a facehugger from the Alien franchise stay together for four years without realizing this is going to make them both miserable indefinitely

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Is "peed off" an actual phrase actual human people use?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Cthulu Carl posted:

I don't even know what stag do means. I mean, clearly it is some kind of extended stag party. What does the "do" stand for and where is this slang from?

So many questions with today's posts.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Cthulu Carl posted:

*in extremely Mormon voice * Jeezy creezy you son of a gun!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
She keeps calling it a "stag do" so cor blimey I'm thinking it's a commonwealth thing.

Khorne posted:

I don't even know what stag do means. I mean, clearly it is some kind of extended stag party. What does the "do" stand for and where is this slang from?

So many questions with today's posts.

Wikipedia says it's just another name for it.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Honestly I could see not texting much during the general trip but being unresponsive to poo poo like "when is your plane due back" seems super weird to me. I don't text my gf a whole lot throughout the day when she's traveling (she's gone a couple times a year for academic conference type stuff) but like she emails me her flight itinerary and lets me know that she made it there safely and such. She also lets me know when she's coming back cause obviously I'm the one picking up/dropping her off from the airport.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Wh...what the gently caress is a stag do? Is it a boat? A sex tourism trip? A hairstyle? Is it pronounced stāg dü? Like, I get that the boyfriend is on a trip with his bestest buddy and they went "stag" (single, usually implies looking to gently caress), where does the do come in? Kids and their newspeak.

E: beaten like children that are in homes that spank.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

ArbitraryC posted:

Honestly I could see not texting much during the general trip but being unresponsive to poo poo like "when is your plane due back" seems super weird to me. I don't text my gf a whole lot throughout the day when she's traveling (she's gone a couple times a year for academic conference type stuff) but like she emails me her flight itinerary and lets me know that she made it there safely and such. She also lets me know when she's coming back cause obviously I'm the one picking up/dropping her off from the airport.

quote:

Important_Advice• 45m
Is this a joke? You are angry your boyfriend didnt text you while on a stag weekend?

Last stag weekend I was on, one guy texted his GF a picture and his phone was destroyed with a sledgehammer pour encourager les autres.

It's INCREDIBLY bad form to be in frequent communication with a GF while on a stag do, much less to tell them what's happened.

insufficient guns
May 4, 2009

personally, I would
like to fuck Wall-E

:h: :roboluv: :h:

dudeness posted:

My [24/F] co-worker [mid-thirties/F] is becoming harder and harder to work with because of a recent ban of e-cigarettes at work. She claims our assistant manager [40/F] is out to get her and is now trying to get her fired for harassment. Should I intervene for the sake of my manager?

If i was a woman this would be me.

In America, you can be fired for no reason right? Just fire this lady wtf.

The laddiest lad that ever ladded.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pvt.Scott posted:

Wh...what the gently caress is a stag do? Is it a boat? A sex tourism trip? A hairstyle? Is it pronounced stāg dü? Like, I get that the boyfriend is on a trip with his bestest buddy and they went "stag" (single, usually implies looking to gently caress), where does the do come in? Kids and their newspeak.

E: beaten like children that are in homes that spank.

It's a bachelor party trip or some other type of all male trip, this isn't hard to understand through context.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

So, wait, are these explicitly "don't ask, don't tell," trips away from your SO and she's afraid that her BF might be doing something untoward on a trip designed exclusively around that concept? Or is this just weird slang for "guy/girl's weekend/float trip/whatever"?

insufficient guns
May 4, 2009

personally, I would
like to fuck Wall-E

:h: :roboluv: :h:

Pvt.Scott posted:

So, wait, are these explicitly "don't ask, don't tell," trips away from your SO and she's afraid that her BF might be doing something untoward on a trip designed exclusively around that concept? Or is this just weird slang for "guy/girl's weekend/float trip/whatever"?

Have you never heard of a bachelor party before? It's that.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Right but like "did your plane explode en route" and "when are you gonna be home" are pretty unobtrusive questions it's kind of a dickmove to intentionally ignore.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I see a slight flaw in your first question there

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

ArbitraryC posted:

Right but like "did your plane explode en route" and "when are you gonna be home" are pretty unobtrusive questions it's kind of a dickmove to intentionally ignore.

I'm going to read between the lines here and I think those questions only started when he ignored the others, and he correctly ascertained that she just was trying to get him talking to her and would immediately follow up with whatever other poo poo she had been pestering him about.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ArbitraryC posted:

You can't​ text on planes dude

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

ArbitraryC posted:

at the end of 50000 increasingly pushy, clingy demands for emotional handling over the course of four days, any response to which is merely taken as encouragement for more, the only possible response available to the human mind for even the most reasonable of questions is uuuughhhhh

vv it's hokey 50sese from someone raised by a primitive tribe that worships Footloose, like "peed off"

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

insufficient guns posted:

Have you never heard of a bachelor party before? It's that.

I have. Stag do is clearly referring to a bachelor party, or in the context of the post, a "guy's only" trip. It's the "do" that is murdering my brain. Stag party, stag night, stag trip, stag week, going stag, he's stag, etc. I guess it just might be the most literal verbing of a word ever. We're going to stag do.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pvt.Scott posted:

I have. Stag do is clearly referring to a bachelor party, or in the context of the post, a "guy's only" trip. It's the "do" that is murdering my brain. Stag party, stag night, stag trip, stag week, going stag, he's stag, etc. I guess it just might be the most literal verbing of a word ever. We're going to stag do.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=stag+do

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I'm going to read between the lines here and I think those questions only started when he ignored the others, and he correctly ascertained that she just was trying to get him talking to her and would immediately follow up with whatever other poo poo she had been pestering him about.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

at the end of 50000 increasingly pushy, clingy demands for emotional handling over the course of four days the only possible response available to the human mind for even the most reasonable of questions is uuuughhhhh

Fair enough I can see that.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I'll just file "stag do" under the same general origin as "hair do" before I have an aneurysm.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Barudak posted:

You know, sometimes I wish if things like this were proven in a court of law they could put on your drivers license just below height and eye color "Bad Person"

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=08272007

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I see a slight flaw in your first question there

I don't know, I imagine Seth MacFarlane gets the first one pretty often.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Khorne posted:

What does that even mean?

How long after you cum it takes you to be able to get another erection and cum again. Wikipedia says it actually can take days for some guys which sounds bizarre to me.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Three Olives posted:

How long after you cum it takes you to be able to get another erection and cum again. Wikipedia says it actually can take days for some guys which sounds bizarre to me.

Evolution taking them out the gene pool

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Three Olives posted:

it didn't take 15 minutes to build the Sistine Chapel either buddy

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Apparently "do" has occasionally been colloquially used to mean party. "We're going to have a do at Frank's place."

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

ArbitraryC posted:

One rule on stag parties that is often enforced - there is no contact allowed with any girls, partners, etc by anyone at the party.
It's guys only. He could have told her that, but they both suck.

Pvt.Scott posted:

Apparently "do" has occasionally been colloquially used to mean party. "We're going to have a do at Frank's place."

That's it, yes.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Fais Do-Do is the best name for a party, as its named after telling your child to go to bed asap so you can party.

Blue Train posted:

Evolution taking them out the gene pool

Not in this guys case sadly.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

One rule on stag parties that is often enforced - there is no contact allowed with any girls, partners, etc by anyone at the party.
It's guys only.

Wait, is a stag do like your last chance to explore your latent homosexual feelings before you get married? In the US a bachelor party is usually your last chance to hang out with a bunch of girls.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bamhand posted:

Wait, is a stag do like your last chance to explore your latent homosexual feelings before you get married? In the US a bachelor party is usually your last chance to hang out with a bunch of girls.

All American men are gay, it's why they hate women so much. They have to pretend to be straight so we'll bake them cupcakes that they can throw in the trash.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

WoodrowSkillson posted:

oh now you are gonna act all pro ice now that the thread is in a raw situation

I'd make a hat out of these jankity-rear end word heroes but then we'd just both look cheap

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

All American men are gay, it's why they hate women so much. They have to pretend to be straight so we'll bake them cupcakes that they can throw in the trash.

I think that was more Asperger's than homosexuality

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

bamhand posted:

It's just no calls to any girls you're involved with. Because girls will be met.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 8, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I think that was more Asperger's than homosexuality

Then why'd he crawl under the truck, fruit on the bottom!?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Is this question a trap? I feel like this question is a trap. Maybe it's because you used my full username, it's like I'm being scolded.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Oh for gently caress's sake, why do I keep finding these
Am I [22m] a disgusting loser/creep for being into her? [17F]

quote:

Long story short, I'm turning 23 soon and I met a girl, a year ago actually, that I've recently grown very close to. The only problem is, she only recently turned 17.
Her mom is kind of a friend of mine because her cousin (who's my friend) asked me to help her out with something when she moved to my city, so I would routinely drop by and help her out with stuff, check in how she's doing etc and we became decent friends over the course of a couple of months. And then I met her daughter, who at the time was 16. I ended up spending a lot of time with her because they basically lived right next to me.
I didn't think much of it. I mean she was a cute girl, but the idea never really popped into my head until recently when we started spending more time together. I just found myself really enjoying talking to her, enjoying hanging out with her and recently I went through some hard personal stuff that she helped me out with.
I'm generally a fliratious person. I do it with everyone. I even make flirtatious/gay jokes with my bros, that's the kind of person I am. I do it to her automatically as well and whenever she smiles or blushes it just makes my heart pound. I'm not going to lie - I'm horrible when it comes to women, in general my life is pretty poo poo and I hate it, but I'd like to think that I'm a generally nice person.
On the one hand she's a very beautiful girl, she's funny, she's smart, I enjoy spending time with her a lot, she's honestly a close friend of mine at this point. I honestly know that I have feelings for her. I don't know if she feels the same way, but I just don't know what to do or say anymore. I haven't really dated much. In fact I've only had one girlfried (21-22) and I broke up with her because I felt her having a negative affect on my life. Other than that I've been on like one date with another girl and that was it.
But on the other hand, she's 17. The age of consent where I live is 16, but I still feel weird about it. I feel like I'm a loser. I feel like people are going to act like I'm some disgusting creep for liking a younger woman. I don't know what to do, I don't know how to act on these feelings, I don't know if she'll reciprocate, I feel so horrible about myself I don't know what to tell you.
tl;dr: I'm into a younger (legal) woman, don't know if she feels the same way, but I'm not sure of what to do or what to act. Feel like a piece of poo poo.
The real reason I posted this is for the comments

quote:

Yes, move on to someone in your own age group. She's a high school kid. Nobody who was still a teen was even in my field of vision when I was 22. I was a college graduate at that point. Time to associate with adults.

OP, massively downvoted posted:

I'm in my first year of college, I don't really have any friends there because I commute to school. I don't consider her a kid at all. What's my "age group"? She's more attractive to me than women my age to be honest, she's still excited, she's happier. Women my age just look tired and jaded, they don't dress as nice, their personalities aren't as nice and I'm not really interested in dating them at all because most of them have had dozens of boyfriends and I just feel like a loser dating them. They're like one of the first ones for me and I'm just "some other guy" to them.

quote:

I was about to say you're fine as long as you don't act on this until I read this. Yup, you're creepy.

OP, massively downvoted again posted:

How is it "fine unless you act on it"? It's either fine or it's not...

quote:

Disgusting for being into her? No. Disgusting if you actually pursue and date her? Yes.
We both know she's still a child, legalities not withstanding. She's too young for you right now. Get some distance from her and focus on improving your life and self confidence.
Do not continue flirting with this young girl.

OP, coming in at a whopping -41 posted:

How is she a child? I don't see her as a child at all, I talk to her about stuff I don't talk to people my age about. Not everyone is an immature brat in high school. I wasn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Pick posted:

I've never met a cupcake that has made it as far as the trash. You're spot on about the rest.