Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

sassassin posted:

They just did an episode that was 80% Master Gropey.

They said there are 28 planets in the universe.

They think Kaioken is still a thing.

The later 2 things are fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Freeza's gonna be pissed that the Planet Housing Market crashed while he was dead.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think it was 28 planets with advanced life, specifically. Which is, uh, prrrrobably not accurate.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Jaco the Galactic Patrolman already said there were very few planets with life in them, so the Galactic Patrol could have very few people in it for the whole universe (30-something people, I think). It's rather silly to blame Toei for that when Toriyama's own work had already said the same. It's also consistent with Freeza just blowing up a bunch of planets and the chaos Buu caused, not to mention the God of Destruction that is fully okay with genocide for bad food.

U7 is kind of a shithole. I hope Zen-oh destroys it.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
It supports Jaco's statements just fine, but it doesn't make any sense for the original Freeza Saga? It seems like space landsharking only works if there are a lot of planets available to violently steal from their native life forms.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Even if we assume "life" means "species capable of calculus", that's still an astonishingly low number.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

deadly_pudding posted:

It supports Jaco's statements just fine, but it doesn't make any sense for the original Freeza Saga? It seems like space landsharking only works if there are a lot of planets available to violently steal from their native life forms.

The collapse of Frieza's empire probably did not go well for most planets that had come to rely on him to survive

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Babe Magnet posted:

cell has tournament experience

Re: after ten minutes he said 'gently caress it!' and blew up the arena to because he didn't actually care about tournaments and just wanted to fight people to the death.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

I have to wonder, who corrupted who with regards to Beerus and Whis. Did Whis already have an appreciation for cuisine when Beerus became GoD or was Beerus a glutton and dragged Whis along for the ride?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
Yeah, I'm really starting to wonder if Cell's Abridged portrayal is starting to stick in people's minds just as hard as Goku's abridged bad (even worse) parenting.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Bee posted:

Yeah, I'm really starting to wonder if Cell's Abridged portrayal is starting to stick in people's minds just as hard as Goku's abridged bad (even worse) parenting.

Normal Cell is boring as poo poo, the video games and abridging make him amazing.

"I WOULD TOTALLY HUG YOU IF THAT WAS SOMETHING I DID"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rhjamiz posted:

I have to wonder, who corrupted who with regards to Beerus and Whis. Did Whis already have an appreciation for cuisine when Beerus became GoD or was Beerus a glutton and dragged Whis along for the ride?

Its a co-dependency. Whis is the enabler.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

The Bee posted:

Yeah, I have to laugh at people going 'Jeez, why would they bring back that prick Frieza? He's petty, dangerous and everybody on the team hates him. Now Cell on the other hand...'.

At the very least Frieza has displayed a modicum of planning and foresight when he organised Sorbet to take down Goku if things went south, even if its dishonorable or whatever. Presumably running a giant space empire also took a certain amount of intelligence and people-skills, like the Ginyus at least seemed to be loyal out of more than just pure fear, and he was super powerful last time he met the gang.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Does Freeza get to join the Z Fighters baseball team after this?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

I don't mind Frieza coming back, it can lead to some good jokes and a fun dynamic. Still it's odd they went for Freeza over Cell storywise (with cell being more of an actual fighter and probably more friendly to the team.) but Freezer is the more popular character so it makes sense I guess. Looking forward to Whis spilling the beans that it was Bills that gave the order to Friezer to destroy planet Vegeta and Vegeta trying to take down Beerus.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

BESIDES, who knows, maybe all that time in Flower Garden Hell have done Frieza some good?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Cell couldn't even be bothered to follow his rule of promising not to blow up the earth if he lost.

Actually, that may be a viable strategy for the tournament, now that I think about it....

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Rhjamiz posted:

BESIDES, who knows, maybe all that time in Flower Garden Hell have done Frieza some good?

Actually, wouldn't frieza want to throw the tournament, since if the universe gets destroyed, so does it's hell?

Oblivion may be better than eternal suffering.

* quote is not edit.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Monaghan posted:

Cell couldn't even be bothered to follow his rule of promising not to blow up the earth if he lost.

Actually, that may be a viable strategy for the tournament, now that I think about it....

I'm sure zeno-sama will be fine with it

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Monaghan posted:

If flying's banned, I'm pretty sure that would just mean everybody loses and Zeno blows up 8 universes instead of 7.

So it's a viable strategy if you're a spiteful prick.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

The Bee posted:

If flying's banned, I'm pretty sure that would just mean everybody loses and Zeno blows up 8 universes instead of 7.

So it's a viable strategy if you're a spiteful prick.

Cell would technically be the last man standing though! he's following the rules.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
God I hope Freeza gets the wish.

I cannot begin to imagine the bullshit he'd pull with that.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

deadly_pudding posted:

Earth has multiple sentient species. I could see dolphins not wanting to love with us anymore and wanting to go to their own planet. And given that DB had a planet with multiple sentient human intelligent species including talking cats, pigs, turtles, etc., other planets probably had similar spreads to the point of hundreds of species across the universe.

Saiyans probably generally wiped out a bunch of animals that might be annoying in most planets they landed on. Xenomorphs now have to deal with giant apes that just blast them.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Monaghan posted:

Hey, technically he hadn't lost when he did that.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Burkion posted:

"Space panties."

"YOUR WISH IS GRANT - WAIT. REALLY?"

"Ha! Psyche. IMMORTALITY THEN THE BITCHES PLEASE."

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Monaghan posted:

Actually, wouldn't frieza want to throw the tournament, since if the universe gets destroyed, so does it's hell?

Oblivion may be better than eternal suffering.

* quote is not edit.

IF this is all true and we actually get Frieza on the team, we'll know if he's going to betray everyone if he isn't ever offered a Get Out of Hell Free card as a reward for helping. If they just ask him to join and then he'll be sent back to Hell, then yeah, he's gonna gently caress 'em.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Im assuming Cell would be able to go Super Saiyan if Frieza can, they just need to tell him about it.

Also I predict since the fighting platform was made by the High Priest himself, not many people are going to be able to damage it at all.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

deadly_pudding posted:

This would be the episode where we realize that the venn diagram between DBZ fandom and Steven Universe fandom is a circle.

how could you not have immediately noticed that Steven Universe is Dragon Ball For Girls

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

dr.acula posted:

Im assuming Cell would be able to go Super Saiyan if Frieza can, they just need to tell him about it.

Also I predict since the fighting platform was made by the High Priest himself, not many people are going to be able to damage it at all.

He did go super sayian when he came back.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Also the news about Freiza is pretty funny to me and I look forward to it

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The real reason Majin Buu couldn't join the tournament.

https://twitter.com/fumeidude/status/861437451419734020

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Burkion posted:

Frieza getting the super dragonball wish would be a great set-up for the next arc. Like House of M or Emperor Joker.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Black August posted:

how could you not have immediately noticed that Steven Universe is Dragon Ball For Girls

The creators of SU have explicitly said that SU's fusion mechanic is their attempt to apply the relentless interest nerds have in transformations and power levels to love and relationships.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Black August posted:

The Steven Universe staff has certainly SEEN Dragonball, at least.

Rand Brittain posted:

The creators of SU have explicitly said that SU's fusion mechanic is their attempt to apply the relentless interest nerds have in transformations and power levels to love and relationships.

I'd not seen that, it makes sense, though, given some of the... outcomes.

OB_Juan fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 9, 2017

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I mean they shot for shot stole the fusion dance scene super shamelessly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K22vIWbRGeo

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I'm amped for Freeza but I'm sad that we're losing Fit Buu instead of Tien.

Does anyone give a poo poo about Tien?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rirse posted:

The real reason Majin Buu couldn't join the tournament.

https://twitter.com/fumeidude/status/861437451419734020

This is incredible.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
All I have to say is that one episode better just be 22 minutes of everyone screaming "NOOOOOOOOOO" at the top of their lungs at goku and then gohan kicks him in the balls

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Honestly I'd enjoy if Cell were to return, though pretty sure they've said in interviews that it'd never happen due to him being annoying to draw when in motion (making sure his spots are correct)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Guess what day it is in Japan.

• Locked thread