Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

beejay posted:

Alarak was good before this? Hmm.

A good Alarak is uncommon but scary. Set up in a poke comp using TK to clear any attempt to initiate while harassing with E, you'll get whittled down without ever actually fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

beejay posted:

Alarak was good before this? Hmm.

He's always been good, he's just hard to play effectively.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

W.T. Fits posted:

Using Hearthstone (Default: B) will no longer automatically snap the camera back to the allied Hall of Storms unless Camera Lock is enabled (Default: L).
loving FINALLY.

YESSS

I'm way more excited about this than a new hero or hero reworks.

ALRIGHT HOTS I GET IT I KNOW WHERE THE FOUNTAIN IS. IT HAS NOT MOVED SINCE THE LAST TIME I LOOKED AT IT. YES I SENT MY GUY THERE ON PURPOSE

spent like 20 minutes trying to figure out how to turn that off when I just installed the game

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

quote:

Level 1
[Q] Rush-down
If D.Va takes nor deals no damage during Boosters, lower the cooldown by 5 seconds.
[Q] Crash Course
Quest: Damage 25 enemy Heroes with Boosters. Reward: Damaging enemy Heroes with Boosters lowers the cooldown by 1 second per Hero hit.
[Q] Hit The Nitrous
Initial speed of Boosters increased to 475%, then decays to normal speed over 0.5 seconds. During this time Boosters deals 100% bonus damage.
[Trait] Pro Moves
D.Va's Mech gains 2% Movement Speed for 1 second every time she takes damage, up to 30%.

Level 4
[W] Diverting Power
The area of Defense Matrix is 100% wider and 25% longer, but D.Va is rooted for the duration.
[W] Get through This!
Increase the duration of Defense Matrix by additional 3 seconds.
[E] Bring It On
Slef-Destruct's Charge amount gained from losing Mech Health increased by 30%.
[W] Fusion Generator
Every time an enemy Hero deals damage while inside Defense Matrix, D.Va's Self-Destruct Charge increased by 1% (Max 15).

Level 7
[Q] Coming Through
Increase the knockback distance by 100%.
[W] Dazer Zone
Enemy Heroes affected by Defense Matrix are Slowed by 20%.
[E] Nuclear Option
Increase the delay before Self-Destruct explodes by 3 seconds. Detonation damage increased by 50%.
[W] Aggression Matrix
Basic Attacks in Mech Mode against Heroes lowers the cooldown of Defense Matrix by 0.25 seconds.

Level 10
[R1] Bunny Hop
D.Va's Mech becomes Unstoppable, and you deal X damage per second and slow nearby enemies by 60% for 4 seconds.
[R2] Big Shot
Deal x damage in a line to all enemies. Lower the cooldown of Call Mech by 5 seconds for each enemy hero hit.

Level 13
[Trait] Emergency Shielding
When D.Va's Mech would be destroyed, instead gain an X point shield for 6 seconds. This has a 15 second cooldown.
[Trait] Ablative Armor
Damage against D.Va's Mech that would deal 5% or less of your max health are reduced by 50%.
[Trait] Expensive Plating
Increase Mech health by 20%, but increase the cooldown of Call Mech by 15 seconds.

Level 16
[Trait] Nanoweave Suit
For 4 seconds after ejecting from her Mech, D.Va gains 50 Armor and her Basic Attacks grant 50% more cooldown reduction for Call Mech.
[Trait] Suppressing Fire
Pilot Mode Basic Attacks have 20% increased range and Slow enemy Movement Speed by 20% for 2.5 seconds.
[Q] Torpedo Dash
D.Va gains the Torpedo Dash ability, allowing her to dash forward and pass through enemies. Requires Pilot Mode.
[E] GG, WP
Increase Pilot Mode Basic Attack damage by 75%. Participating in a Takedown while in Pilot Mode instantly refreshes the cooldown of Call Mech.

Level 20
[R1] Stop and Pop
Bunny Hop deals 150% more damage if D.Va isn't moving at the moment of impact.
[R2] Pew! Pew! Pew!
Instead of a single shot, Big Shot fires 3 shots over 0.5 seconds. Each shot deals 50% reduced damage.
[E] MEKAfall
Call Mech is instant and can target a location. Upon landing, the Mech deals x damage to enemies in the impact area.
[W] Concussive Pulse
D.Va gains the Concussive Pulse ability, allowing her to deal x damage to enemies in a cone and knock them back. Requires Pilot Mode.

edit: One of the talents was in the wrong tier, fixed.

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 8, 2017

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?

p-hop posted:

YESSS

I'm way more excited about this than a new hero or hero reworks.

ALRIGHT HOTS I GET IT I KNOW WHERE THE FOUNTAIN IS. IT HAS NOT MOVED SINCE THE LAST TIME I LOOKED AT IT. YES I SENT MY GUY THERE ON PURPOSE

spent like 20 minutes trying to figure out how to turn that off when I just installed the game

Same. Bigger improvement than all of 2.0

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Holy fuckin poo poo D.Va looks like so much fun, I don't care if she's bad, I will split my playtime 50% between her and Murky.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Boosters and Defense Matrix have 10 second cooldowns. Bunny Hop is 90 seconds, Big Shot is 4 (!) seconds.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Pilot Mode D.Va looks like she'll poo poo out damage, any word on how fragile she is yet? Are we looking at Valla squishiness or Murky squishiness?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Bloody Pom posted:

Pilot Mode D.Va looks like she'll poo poo out damage, any word on how fragile she is yet? Are we looking at Valla squishiness or Murky squishiness?

She is very fragile and literally can't do anything but auto attack. She also can talent a dash but that's it. She doesn't really "poo poo out" damage by any stretch of the word, but her auto is somewhat powerful.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Pilot D.Va maining seems like it will be the meta. Big Shot immediately struck me as the goto Ult for her. The dash that lets you go through people as a pilot will just add an escape to her, and then you just focus on cooldown and boosters and your tank becomes a glorified mount with an hp bar to soak people's rotations before you self destruct and blow their faces off while they're on cooldown, then dash away and jump back into your tank as your escape.

HelixFox
Dec 20, 2004

Heed the words of this ancient spirit.

Poultron posted:

She doesn't really "poo poo out" damage by any stretch of the word, but her auto is somewhat powerful.

Pilot mode does 500+ dps. That's pretty good.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I'm instantly seeing synergy with Expensive Plating + GGWP, who cares if your Call Mech cooldown is higher when all you need to do is participate in one takedown and it's back up immediately.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

HelixFox posted:

Pilot mode does 500+ dps. That's pretty good.

Right - it's "pretty good," not "shits out damage"

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kai Tave posted:

I'm instantly seeing synergy with Expensive Plating + GGWP, who cares if your Call Mech cooldown is higher when all you need to do is participate in one takedown and it's back up immediately.

:cawg:

They're on the same tier, dude.

edit: I am dumb and bad

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 8, 2017

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

SKULL.GIF posted:

No, they're not.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Poultron posted:

Right - it's "pretty good," not "shits out damage"

I'm sorry my vocabulary isn't accurate enough for you. :jerkbag:

Hero looks cool and good, I'll probably buy her when the patch hits.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Fuzz posted:

Pilot D.Va maining seems like it will be the meta. Big Shot immediately struck me as the goto Ult for her. The dash that lets you go through people as a pilot will just add an escape to her, and then you just focus on cooldown and boosters and your tank becomes a glorified mount with an hp bar to soak people's rotations before you self destruct and blow their faces off while they're on cooldown, then dash away and jump back into your tank as your escape.

True, however it takes some time to build up self destruct charge. It maintains charge even after your mech dies and gets called back in, so you could surprise but only if you're set up well.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Self-Destruct could have potentially wonderful synergies with Mosh Pit, Void Prison or Entomb. :getin:

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

SKULL.GIF posted:

Yeah, you've either got a mistake in the writeup or there's an error in the PTR because I'm watching videos of people playing D.Va and GGWP is on level 16 over there.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

Yeah, you've either got a mistake in the writeup or there's an error in the PTR because I'm watching videos of people playing D.Va and GGWP is on level 16 over there.
C/P error I think- there are 4 pilot talents that share a tier at 16

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kai Tave posted:

My bad then, I got the talent list from here.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Bunny Hop is hilarious

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

SKULL.GIF posted:

My bad then, I got the talent list from here.

It's fine, no big deal, but hey at least it does synergize. And I have a feeling it might wind up being the go-to combo since the other two plating talents don't seem as hot. The emergency shielding doesn't give you a huge buffer, it looks like only 400-ish hitpoints at level 20 which might be enough to let you hit the self-destruct button when otherwise you'd be killed too quickly...and in fact that might be its purpose...but otherwise it's not drastically increasing your survivability, and Ablative Plating seems like it could be good but only if the enemy team is using lots of auto-attacks or other low damage abilities. It'll poo poo all over someone like Tracer, maybe even Valla, but anyone burstier is just gonna ignore it.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ablative Armor looks like it'd wreck heroes like Lunara and Tychus. Probably Gul'dan (Corruption) and Nazeebo too.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Does damage reduction like that reduce poison damage as well? I don't actually know. If so then yeah, that makes it a lot nicer.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Bloody Pom posted:

Self-Destruct could have potentially wonderful synergies with Mosh Pit, Void Prison or Entomb. :getin:

Self destruct seems really really good on its own. Like if you play against dva you have to be prepared for her to just throw it down somewhere and control an entire area, making squishies really afraid and frontline afraid they'll be zoned out of position. The video shows that it nearly kills tracer and probius.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

AlphaKeny1 posted:

Self destruct seems really really good on its own. Like if you play against dva you have to be prepared for her to just throw it down somewhere and control an entire area, making squishies really afraid and frontline afraid they'll be zoned out of position. The video shows that it nearly kills tracer and probius.

Chuck a self-destruct at the enemy gate when someone on their team is low-ish on health and you effectively zone them out of running back behind the wall.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Man, I'm bummed about Alarak losing Reckless Strike. It was way more useful than Double Cross in most matchups you'd want to pick Alarak in. I like a lot of the new talents, though.

Captain Oblivious posted:

The Dehaka changes seem weird to me. Particularly the removal of Primal Aggression. I was fond of that talent on creep kill centric maps like Infernal Shrines but oh well I guess.

The new Primal Rage talent is interesting. Don't know if it's good enough to outweigh Primal Swarm at that tier, but it certainly seems like using Adaptation to forestall the need to eat your Essence stack could result in doing good damage via Primal Rage.

Losing primal aggression is going to hurt him a whole lot. That really sucks. :/

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Cuntellectual posted:

Losing primal aggression is going to hurt him a whole lot. That really sucks. :/

Primal Aggression brought his damage from 30 to 57 and added an extra tick of damage. The PTR removes Primal Aggression and moves his damage to 50. (I'm assuming actually 60 and 100, since that's how they're displayed in-game, they probably posted the per-tick numbers.)

So at level 0 his Dark Swarm did 180 damage over its full duration, 360 to heroes (420 with the talent), 399 to minions and mercenaries with Primal Aggression. The new Dark Swarm does 300 damage over its full duration, no special conditions.

The cooldown also got nerfed by a full second, so yeah I guess this is just a deliberate nerf to Dehaka's damage overall and getting rid of the weird complexity and special conditions. It's a significant buff to his damage against bosses and buildings, at least.

The buff to Feeding Frenzy is real good.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've gotten to play all of two games as D.Va thanks to PTR queues but I think she's going to be really fun and simply infuriating for pug teams to kill.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

exquisite tea posted:

I've gotten to play all of two games as D.Va thanks to PTR queues but I think she's going to be really fun and simply infuriating for pug teams to kill.

Like I said, I'm gonna split my time between her and Murky and be the most annoying person ever.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I've been annoyed by this for a while now but between a recent match with Li Li and these patch notes, I finally got frustrated enough to post about this:

The tooltips in this game are inconsistent as hell. Sometimes talents will modify the numbers in the ability's tooltip, most of the time they won't.

Talent descriptions that add damage will sometimes have the damage scale with levels, other times it's a flat nonscaling damage increase, and it's difficult to tell the difference. (Usually if it's a quest reward then it doesn't scale.) Sometimes it's listed as a percentage boost, other times it's listed as a numeric increase.

Duration? Sometimes it's "Increased by 50%", other times it's "Increased by 2 seconds". Nerazim Fury increases the duration by 50% (2 seconds); Gravity Kills increases the duration by 1 second.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

Man, I'm bummed about Alarak losing Reckless Strike. It was way more useful than Double Cross in most matchups you'd want to pick Alarak in.

You are literally the only person to think this.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I've been annoyed by this for a while now but between a recent match with Li Li and these patch notes, I finally got frustrated enough to post about this:

The tooltips in this game are inconsistent as hell. Sometimes talents will modify the numbers in the ability's tooltip, most of the time they won't.

Talent descriptions that add damage will sometimes have the damage scale with levels, other times it's a flat nonscaling damage increase, and it's difficult to tell the difference. (Usually if it's a quest reward then it doesn't scale.) Sometimes it's listed as a percentage boost, other times it's listed as a numeric increase.

Duration? Sometimes it's "Increased by 50%", other times it's "Increased by 2 seconds". Nerazim Fury increases the duration by 50% (2 seconds); Gravity Kills increases the duration by 1 second.

Now that they're fixing the hearth thing them doing a tooltips pass would be my next wishlist item.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Ablative Armor looks like it'd wreck heroes like Lunara and Tychus. Probably Gul'dan (Corruption) and Nazeebo too.

Something to try out, but does damage after being reduced by Defensive Matrix also proc that effect? I'd think so, and if so that's way more attacks that suddenly fit.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Now that they're fixing the hearth thing them doing a tooltips pass would be my next wishlist item.

Yeah, a clarity and consistency pass would be nice indeed.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Really liking Uther, especially for compositions when someone asks for a second healer or a second tank. Uther can do both!

Hammer of the Lightbringer / Holy Shock / Guardian of Ancient Kings / Divine Storm / Well Met! / Benediction is my usual build.

I feel like Wave of Light doesn't really do enough to be worth it. Being able to power out hammers more frequently while keeping your mana perpetually topped off means you can spam endlessly with Uther which ends up actually mattering a lot. Silver Touch is bad.

Pursuit of Justice is whatever and Uther doesn't really need move speed. Holy Fire is nice but Holy Shock lets you finish off escapees and helps you with objectives a lot if there's no one that needs healing. Because Uther gets the full self-healing out of it, it also helps a lot in duels where you're shocking them repeatedly and healing yourself twice as often as you would if you were using it on someone else.

Guardian of Ancient Kings is absolutely excellent for saving people. Disabled targets are usually about to receive an unholy beatdown and GoAK really reduces that. Armor of Faith is nice, but generally if I'm disabled I'm about to die anyway. I might take it against someone with a wide-ranging disable like Malfurion. I might go for Hand of Protection in support-the-carry compositions, but it doesn't help against the best disable: death.

Divine Storm just fucks up the enemy team real good and Uther is usually in the thick of things already. Divine Shield I would probably only take against like Pyroblast or something, or if I had a Zul'jin or Greymane on the team. Even then, it's only a 1.25 seconds longer than Divine Storm's stun.

Well Met! goes great with Hammer of the Lightbringer. Blessed Champion is okay if you're the solo healer and your team is getting blasted. Spell Shield is overkill since you're already rolling Devotion stacks.

Benediction lets you rapid-fire Holy Lights/Radiances when necessary, which ends up usually being more healing than Tyr's Deliverance adds. I'd probably go Tyr's Deliverance if there was a second healer (especially a sustained healer) or a team with a lot of self-healing.

Uther's 20 talents are all equally good I think, with a slight edge to Divine Protection and a slight handicap to Redemption.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Fuzz posted:

Just a few games screwing around with D.Va but Bunny Hop is really good and combined with her D-Matrix talents that increase duration + give it a slowing effect she is basically impossible to retreat from.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

Mind over Matter posted:

Yeah, a clarity and consistency pass would be nice indeed.

I really just want dynamic tooltips that update damage/range/cooldowns based on what talents you take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Just a few games screwing around with D.Va but Bunny Hop is really good and combined with her D-Matrix talents that increase duration + give it a slowing effect she is basically impossible to retreat from.

I've been trying to think of times you wouldn't want bunny hop and about all I've got is big shot might be better for mines, hanamura, and maaaaybe spider queen. Big mobile aoe slow and damage is just too valuable compared to faster mech cooldown, unless big shot's damage is really high.