Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Montasque posted:

I don't think Milo is into kids, but he seems pretty cool with older dudes who are.

And now he's creating a scene full of young kids, drugs, money, and power. It doesn't look good.

There are Republican politicians salivating at the thought of all that freshly groomed talent. If the people who lost their minds over Pizza had an ounce of integrity they'd be all over Milo's Minions or whatever he ends up calling his internship program.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

I'm sure this mix of children, alcohol, fascist rhetoric, cocaine, an admitted pedophile, an obscene amount of money, and poor handling of firearms will turn out just fine.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
holy poo poo IRL kirk is on 4chan

mind blown

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Nimoy is in TVIV or Film Dump right now. He posts as SuperMechaGodzilla.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/2dammuslim/status/861703022954643457

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Shatner will show up in random threads about star trek on reddit and berate people for being misogynist or racist.

His cover of common people is also incredible

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

yeah, how do any of these people not see they are being loving played by conmen?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Too much winning really

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah, how do any of these people not see they are being loving played by conmen?

reminder that most of the alt-right also bought into Pick up artistry and various other scams designed to draw money from right wing idiots. These are guys who are abject gently caress ups and will pay any amount of money to avoid admitting to themselves that they are abject gently caress ups.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

They're marks.

Agean90 posted:

reminder that most of the alt-right also bought into Pick up artistry and various other scams designed to draw money from right wing idiots. These are guys who are abject gently caress ups and will pay any amount of money to avoid admitting to themselves that they are abject gently caress ups.

This. They think of themselves as clever smartboys who see through the bullshit of progressivism/liberalism/(((whatever))), and as such have a huge blindspot for anyone who can validate their belief in their basic unappreciated superiority. The con is made doubly safe as being based on that, as they'd have to own up to being chumps to even admit they've been taken.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

doesn't hurt that a lot of the new breed of conservative outrage grifters aren't really in on the game and are pretty unhinged themselves

limbaugh and coulter are assholes but they're obviously doing something performative when they get on the radio or the tv and say garbage, but these new people aren't really in on the scam in the same way the old outrage grifters were

the lunatics run the asylum with the GOP from top to bottom, inside the party and at its peripheries

https://twitter.com/2dAmMuslim/status/861582855310376960

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I have no clue why anyone would post this

https://twitter.com/Gavin_McInnes/status/861780658779303936

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

SpaceGoku posted:

doesn't hurt that a lot of the new breed of conservative outrage grifters aren't really in on the game and are pretty unhinged themselves

limbaugh and coulter are assholes but they're obviously doing something performative when they get on the radio or the tv and say garbage, but these new people aren't really in on the scam in the same way the old outrage grifters were

the lunatics run the asylum with the GOP from top to bottom, inside the party and at its peripheries

https://twitter.com/2dAmMuslim/status/861582855310376960

well thats what loving happens when you feed people raw bullshit for decades with no winks or sanity. eventualy they people who grew up with the lie will replace the people who made the lie.

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

how loving broken do you have to be to post this and be all like "yeah i sure showed them"

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

when you need to get the last word in a breakup from a decade ago but you were too busy reviewing your followers' jackoff journals and lost track of time

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

The French should have ruled the world, not the English :qq:

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/ceofBaes/status/861801683201994756

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

i'm the person in the replies saying she shouldn't end sentences in a preposition

e:

https://twitter.com/ubermuse1/status/861771991472259072

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Badger of Basra posted:

i'm the person in the replies saying she shouldn't end sentences in a preposition

was it the FBI agent from Beavis and Butthead

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

lol he's done

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Bushiz posted:

Shatner...s cover of common people is also incredible

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Agag posted:

lol he's done

nothing matters

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
This isn't the first time McIness has posted something that makes him look weak and dumb, like when he gave his son an eye rash after being capsicum sprayed and hugging him and saying "Antifa will pay for what they did to my Native American son". Or when he said his wife forced him to sleep on the couch because she supported Hillary.

He has weird issues, would you believe it.

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

snoremac posted:

This isn't the first time McIness has posted something that makes him look weak and dumb, like when he gave his son an eye rash after being capsicum sprayed and hugging him and saying "Antifa will pay for what they did to my Native American son". Or when he said his wife forced him to sleep on the couch because she supported Hillary.

He has weird issues, would you believe it.

turns out punching holes in your brain with excessive cocaine use makes you do funny things...huh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'd probably be broke brained if i lost the chance to be a billionaire because i was a huge dumbass

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

hahahahaha

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

they were too busy inventing human rights for the english to steal

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
gavin is a cuck

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

yes, they should've

god drat perfidious Albion, and Nelson's wretched shade

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

*Algeria, the rest of West Africa, Haiti, and Indochina all raise one eyebrow*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

napoleon hosed up like a bunch of people thinking he could conquer russia. russia is a poo poo hole that you shouldn't bother conquering even before the fact the weather kills everyone

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Jose posted:

napoleon hosed up like a bunch of people thinking he could conquer russia. russia is a poo poo hole that you shouldn't bother conquering even before the fact the weather kills everyone

russia was always very good at potemkin villages

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

clayton bigsby

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jose posted:

he did pretty well through the autumn of 1812. if he'd held to his original plan of campaign, and stopped at the eastern Polish frontier before winter set in, he could've kept on rolling forward in the spring of 1813 and taken Moscow on his own terms. but nappy b was used to campaigning in the geographically dense environments of italy, germany and austria, where he'd always won wars by maneuvering for advantage before forcing sharp, decisive battles, followed by occupying the other side's capital. That had always been sufficient to put down the Austrians, for example. but he hadn't managed to force one of those decisive battles on the Russians, the closest he got was Borodino in September 1812 and that was just a huge pile of slaughter for both sides, one of only a handful of fields that ever really managed to rattle napoleon personally. they pushed on into the Russian interior to try to force a final confrontation, then just to secure the supplies and shelter of Moscow as the season deepened, then enterprising Russians set the place on fire with the French et. al. already present, to deny them the use of the city's stores and amenities. and that was point where the napoleonic wave broke and rolled back, leaving hundreds of thousands of frost-bitten, starving wretches in its wake.

there's a lot more to it, but basically if napoleon had stuck to the plan he'd had at the outset, of gradually rolling east through the Russian Empire as weather and logistics allowed, he probably could've pulled it off. he made a lot of mistakes though, several of which transgressed his own personal maxims of war, which the cold and the sheer open spaces of Russia exacerbated terribly

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://mobile.twitter.com/benshapiro/status/861729898225950721

https://mobile.twitter.com/TalibKweli/status/861730505213054976

https://mobile.twitter.com/ceofBaes/status/861801683201994756

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 14:06 on May 9, 2017

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Non, je ne regrette rien... a l'exception de Gavin McInnes

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

zeal posted:

he did pretty well through the autumn of 1812. if he'd held to his original plan of campaign, and stopped at the eastern Polish frontier before winter set in, he could've kept on rolling forward in the spring of 1813 and taken Moscow on his own terms. but nappy b was used to campaigning in the geographically dense environments of italy, germany and austria, where he'd always won wars by maneuvering for advantage before forcing sharp, decisive battles, followed by occupying the other side's capital. That had always been sufficient to put down the Austrians, for example. but he hadn't managed to force one of those decisive battles on the Russians, the closest he got was Borodino in September 1812 and that was just a huge pile of slaughter for both sides, one of only a handful of fields that ever really managed to rattle napoleon personally. they pushed on into the Russian interior to try to force a final confrontation, then just to secure the supplies and shelter of Moscow as the season deepened, then enterprising Russians set the place on fire with the French et. al. already present, to deny them the use of the city's stores and amenities. and that was point where the napoleonic wave broke and rolled back, leaving hundreds of thousands of frost-bitten, starving wretches in its wake.

there's a lot more to it, but basically if napoleon had stuck to the plan he'd had at the outset, of gradually rolling east through the Russian Empire as weather and logistics allowed, he probably could've pulled it off. he made a lot of mistakes though, several of which transgressed his own personal maxims of war, which the cold and the sheer open spaces of Russia exacerbated terribly

IIRC, he even treated the possibility of an eternal drive towards Moscow through russian steppeland as a joke before he left. It was supposed to be a three year campaign where he would conquer Poland and the baltic coastline, then push methodically into the interior, and finally leave after setting affairs in order to his liking. In that context, the sheer amount of hubris coursing through his veins really becomes plain.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

https://twitter.com/Wollygogg/status/861229568883118080

https://twitter.com/chrysostomatic/status/861702682767228928

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx74EYZ06Es

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012