Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

* Anything with extended web range, esp, if they've got room for dualprop -- Fleet Vigil, Cruor, etc.
* Stupid fast and can pack a web -- Dram, Daredevil, etc.

Dualprop SAAR Dramiel would probably be your best bet, if you can actually get them to engage you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

ullerrm posted:

* Anything with extended web range, esp, if they've got room for dualprop -- Fleet Vigil, Cruor, etc.
* Stupid fast and can pack a web -- Dram, Daredevil, etc.

Dualprop SAAR Dramiel would probably be your best bet, if you can actually get them to engage you.

I was thinking that Dram fit would be the way to go. I've got a fit I can play with that might work, thanks.

In other news, today was a good day for solo PvP.

https://zkillboard.com/related/31001148/201704270800/

Got me eventually, though. Artillery HFI took me from half shield to dead from one wrecking hit (ow).
Days like this are the reason I keep playing this game.

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Apr 27, 2017

MacPac
Jun 2, 2006

Grimey Drawer
just fly atrons to take garmurs to the ownzone its no big deal

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

In previous years CCP have given a breakdown of CSM voting numbers and turnout which told us the amount of subscribed players at the time. Did they do the same this time?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Roller Coast Guard posted:

In previous years CCP have given a breakdown of CSM voting numbers and turnout which told us the amount of subscribed players at the time. Did they do the same this time?

They did, just released today.
https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/a-closer-look-at-the-csm-12-results/

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Goons got 3/10 people in there. Also they screwed up their pie charts because the image you get when you click on them to enlarge them has no readable text.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

https://zkillboard.com/kill/62051372/

I only had time for a short roam today after a short break due to school, but oh man, what a fantastic way to come back.

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

https://zkillboard.com/kill/62051372/

I only had time for a short roam today after a short break due to school, but oh man, what a fantastic way to come back.

I still am in love with the new Corm/Flycatcher model :3:

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Papal Mainframe posted:

I still am in love with the new Corm/Flycatcher model :3:

They both dumpster Svipuls too =p

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

FranktheBank posted:

They both dumpster Svipuls too =p

Are Svipuls still as prevalent as they used to be? It seems most times when I run into t3d gangs now it's either Hecates or Confessions.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Papal Mainframe posted:

Are Svipuls still as prevalent as they used to be? It seems most times when I run into t3d gangs now it's either Hecates or Confessions.

I rarely see Svipuls and when I do, it's not really scary. I am WAY more scared of running into a Hecate when i hosed up and get into blaster range. Even Jackdaws are a little worrisome to engage, only because they rock ~20k ehp in defense mode and can probably hold out until help arrives. Also, arty svipuls are an absolute joke to kill for a brawler.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Someone post a frigate hull that eats Garmurs. I've been eyeing either Dramiels for their speed or Slicers for their projection, but defensive scrams and the stupid speed on Garmurs have made actually chasing down and killing them a pain in the rear end.

manually limit your speed so they think you're using an AB and when they're in the part of their orbit that involves them burning at you overheat max speed right at them

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Reverand maynard posted:

manually limit your speed so they think you're using an AB and when they're in the part of their orbit that involves them burning at you overheat max speed right at them

and use something unsuspecting like an incursus with a couple of overdrives

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

FranktheBank posted:

I rarely see Svipuls and when I do, it's not really scary. I am WAY more scared of running into a Hecate when i hosed up and get into blaster range. Even Jackdaws are a little worrisome to engage, only because they rock ~20k ehp in defense mode and can probably hold out until help arrives. Also, arty svipuls are an absolute joke to kill for a brawler.

hecate is utterly hosed by the web+scram combo

on paper it's a ferocious ship, but whenever I've flown them I'm saddened by the lack of agility, mobility, and range

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Landsknecht posted:

hecate is utterly hosed by the web+scram combo

on paper it's a ferocious ship, but whenever I've flown them I'm saddened by the lack of agility, mobility, and range

I run dual web hecate.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

For fleet stuff, a shield hecate is better than an armor hecate due to the fitting requirements of plates and rails basically making you choose one or the other. Its super frustrating.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

FranktheBank posted:

I run dual web hecate.

so you have no cap booster? RIP

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007

Landsknecht posted:

so you have no cap booster? RIP

Nah, don't need it. 800 dps with void, still has over 9k ehp.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

I prefer a dual web rail Hecate. People know not to get within ~7000m of a regular Hecate, so you can prey on that and chew people up at ~30km with Iridium; anybody dumb enough to close on you gets held at 7km and shredded with Antimatter.

code:
[Hecate, 2-web bulk rails]

Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Damage Control II

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Warp Scrambler II
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

125mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Iridium Charge S
[Empty High slot]

Small Transverse Bulkhead I
Small AAR gives you a healthy chunk of ehp while brawling, easily enough to outfight interdictors and other T3Ds. It's like a bigger Comet, but it has a hard time "punching up" without an afterburner, and neut pressure shuts it down.

If you want to plug in a +3% PG you can fit a compact nos, which helps a little, but I wouldn't go Stabber or Thorax hunting in it.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
How do you engage a Svipul with a Flycatcher and what fit? I couldn't break the tank of a Svipul on my last solo go against one so :rip: but I also then switched up my fit after the fight to be dual prop after learning from my mistakes.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
[Flycatcher, Solo Flycatcher]
Damage Control II

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Medium Shield Extender
1MN Afterburner II
Warp Scrambler II

Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Interdiction Sphere Launcher I
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Warhead Calefaction Catalyst II

Warp Disrupt Probe x30
Scourge Rage Rocket x3000
Scourge Javelin Rocket x1000
Caldari Navy Scourge Rocket x3000
Nanite Repair Paste x50

I have absolute range control over a null sec svipul (mwd, no ab).

Edit: Orbit 7-8k, if they get within 6k, pulse AB to pull range.

FranktheBank fucked around with this message at 22:32 on May 10, 2017

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
svipul can be megacancer if they're fit right

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

dialhforhero posted:

How do you engage a Svipul with a Flycatcher and what fit? I couldn't break the tank of a Svipul on my last solo go against one so :rip: but I also then switched up my fit after the fight to be dual prop after learning from my mistakes.

Svipul fit is gonna be mwd scram with tank in the rest of the mids, while frankthebank's flycatcher has mwd, ab, web scram. Inside of 10km, the flycatcher has complete control over what range the fight occurs in, meaning he can stay close enough to the svipul to keep him scrammed, but far enough away that he is in deep fallloff and thus takes a lot less damage.

because frigates and destroyer hulls tend to have close range weapons whos effective range is shorter than scram range you can fit ships to 'kite' in the sweetspot between scram range and hostile weapon range.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Yeah that fit is what I have now. My mistake was not being dual prop fit so he got in face rape range and scrammed me so I was pretty much stuck and it then became a battle over dps+biggest tank which was him. I couldn't dictate it for poo poo.

Also the Matigu Seabeast skin for the new Cormorant hull is the tits and if you don't have it for your Flycatcher I feel bad for you son.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
AT15 got announced - https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/announcing-at-xv/

Also someone give me the skinny on these new Blood Raider structures. Are the player owned/operated or are they new PVE stuff?

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

I went on my first fleets in the past few days. I've been playing Eve all wrong by just ratting, doing missions and industry.

This is actually pretty fun.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

AT15 got announced - https://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/announcing-at-xv/

Also someone give me the skinny on these new Blood Raider structures. Are the player owned/operated or are they new PVE stuff?

The Blood Raider Soyoto (only one exists at any one time) is a new PVE site/event and is currently the only way to get the new blood raider capitals. It starts out hidden until someone scans it down and reinforces it, after it get reinforced it's no longer hidden and is shown on the overview to everyone in system. The thing about it is that NPCs will send ships depending on the number of ships you have, you have 1 interceptor, they drop 100 frigates to kill it, you drop a titan, they drop 100 dreads on your head.

Not only do they have to fight the NPC fleet, but they also have to fight the structure which is neuting and sensor damping everyone as well. And because of the nature of their response fleet that depends on size and number of ships you bring, you want to bring the smallest elite officer/deadspace fit fleet as possible. This also means that the fleet doing the site is very very likely to get suicide dread bombed by hostiles, which will provoke thousands of NPC ships to spawn in response.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Unfunny Poster posted:

Freshly minted PvE using new AI that, supposedly, responds to player tactics accordingly. Only one structure is spawned in the universe at any one time, and only in Blood Raider's nullsec. You find it by scanning down Blood Raiders transport ships that haul the ore the new belt rats collect.

It has a single 24hr reinforcement timer, during which it can be warped to by anyone. After it's destroyed, BPCs for the Blood Raider's capitals will drop.

The rats will adapt to the player tactics, up to dropping dreadnoughts with strong cap warfare potential, but will also include logistics ships, light tackle, dps cruisers and battleships, and EWAR support.

It's billed as a kind of procedurally generated incursion, but how it'll eventually play out and if it can be easily solved will remain to be seen.

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017

Oodles posted:

I went on my first fleets in the past few days. I've been playing Eve all wrong by just ratting, doing missions and industry.

This is actually pretty fun.

I mean, I play the game to shoot other people because that's what I find fun. Other people enjoy ratting, missions, industry, and while they aren't "wrong", they just enjoy the game differently than I do :v:

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

SugarAddict posted:

This also means that the fleet doing the site is very very likely to get suicide dread bombed by hostiles, which will provoke thousands of NPC ships to spawn in response.
I look forward to extensive theorycrafting on the most cost-efficient fleet composition to bridge into a hostile capyard run and escalate the NPC count to fully wipeout everything.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So is it good or bad? The Blood Raider thing.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

So is it good or bad? The Blood Raider thing.

Its meh. In sisi testing its already solved pretty much. Its just a matter of whether they changed anything for tq. Think of it like a less predictable incursion mothership.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
if they end up only spawning in/around NPC delve then they'll just be crushed by waves of supers/fax

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Landsknecht posted:

if they end up only spawning in/around NPC delve then they'll just be crushed by waves of supers/fax

Don't they spawn everywhere in BR rat space?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Klyith posted:

Don't they spawn everywhere in BR rat space?

RP wise that makes sense to do, but I get the feeling in terms of balance they won't do that. Unless they roll out things like this for specific regions with the different pirate factions which would be cool but also really unlikely.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Unfunny Poster posted:

RP wise that makes sense to do, but I get the feeling in terms of balance they won't do that. Unless they roll out things like this for specific regions with the different pirate factions which would be cool but also really unlikely.

Well, that's what they did, so :shrug:

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Unfunny Poster posted:

They have said they intend to do this with all other pirate factions, and even retrofit serpentis with this mechanic.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
If they do Syndicate it will be the biggest poo poo-show ever seen. This isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ATXV Rules & participating teams are out:

https://community.eveonline.com/community/alliance-tournament/rules/

There's some sort of cache issue people are having and they're seeing rules from last year (idk how that works) so here's a copy: https://pastebin.com/Lsejp3kw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papal Mainframe
May 3, 2017
Probably going to see some Vindi comps :v:

Also, I'm intrigued by the 3 bans instead of 2 for the finals. How much of an impact will that have on the ability to ban out comps?

• Locked thread