Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EnvyJ
May 4, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
id like to play the bomberman game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mister Facetious posted:

Anything more than just rumors of Dragon Quest Builders coming to Switch?

On a similar note, is there any word about Dragon Quest Heroes getting a US release?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Tempura Wizard posted:

Puyo Puyo Tetris is 10 dollars cheaper digital when compared to physical, so it doesn't quite hold up.

What I'm trying to say is, have you bought PPT yet? Everyone should buy PuyoTetris.

they included keychains with the physical version to justify the higher price

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

acksplode posted:

Yeah I'd expect Nintendo to save big game announcements for a Nintendo Direct. E3 isn't the huge deal it used to be in general thanks to the internet, and Nintendo has their own platform that they can use to make headlines at a less crowded time.

E3 has definitely changed, but no new game announcements at E3 would create a very distracting narrative. All they need is a couple trailers like Mario Odyssey's January trailer for currently unannounced games to keep the excitement going.

More importantly, there's a much bigger problem if Nintendo doesn't have multiple games far enough in development to show off a trailer or two at E3, and then have something for a surprise announcement a couple months later.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

s.i.r.e. posted:

It's $27 on PC (both the full and Windows 10 Editions the latter is on sale right now though), $30 on Wii U and I think the 360 version was severely limited. Not sure if the Xbone and PS4 are limited like the 360 version was though.

If Minecraft on the Switch isn't limited and comes with Nintendo poo poo I think $30 is fair game.

the 360 version was limited on world size. the ps4 version is still limited on world size but its much larger. the switch version will also have to be limited for the same reasons the other versions are but assumably to the same size as the ps4 version. the ps4 version is cheaper than the pc version because of this limitation. the switch version will be more expensive than both.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

parallelodad posted:

Nintendo does usually by Sony is happy to announce and show of trailers for games that won't be out for years, or just announce a Kickstarter for such a game, and get huge accolades for it. Nintendo should get in on that.

sony announces games coming out soon, games coming out later, and the kickstarter stuff. nintendo shows one game over three shows.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
As soon as you hit 3.5k VR Mario Kart starts serving mirror and 200cc online...

Without warning too, just suddenly surprise fuckface!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Anidav posted:

Typical bad internet nintendo design :sigh:

Really wish you could just queue up for different speeds. If you want to play 150 you don't want to be thrown into 200, and if you wanna play 200 it feels weird to have to play 100 and 150 until you rank up enough to suddenly start doing that.

Guess that's what tournaments are for, but that's awkward.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Can't wait, 200cc is the tits

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Stux posted:

the 360 version was limited on world size. the ps4 version is still limited on world size but its much larger. the switch version will also have to be limited for the same reasons the other versions are but assumably to the same size as the ps4 version. the ps4 version is cheaper than the pc version because of this limitation. the switch version will be more expensive than both.

The PS4 version, that is $19.99, includes no mods or extras. It's just the base game.
The Switch version includes:

"Nintendo's website posted:

Minecraft on Nintendo Switch includes six content packs in addition to the Super Mario Mash Up which delivers:

40 Super Mario‐themed skins including Mario, Luigi and Princess Peach, as well as troublemakers like Bowser, Wario and all seven Koopalings
Super Mario World itself! Professional Minecraft builders have remade the likeness of the Mushroom Kingdom and beyond, with Mario‐themed versions of the Overworld, The Nether and The End for you to explore.
So many Mario‐inspired surprises to discover, from islands shaped like Warp Pipes to towering sculptures of Nintendo's iconic characters. We've recreated villainous hideouts, too: like Bowser's Castle, Bowser's ship, and Boo's House.
Super Mario‐style textures, numerous Mario‐themed puzzles, dozens of character skins and music from Super Mario 64 to enjoy

I'd say that's worth the extra $10.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Anidav posted:

hell yes :getin:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I actually hate mirror more than 200cc

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Where do I sign up to become a Professional Minecraft Builder?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm so happy 200cc is available for good people online

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
I actually tend to do better on mirror courses than the regular ones. Maybe my brain is backwards... And upside-down , since I always invert the vertical camera axis.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i hope nintendo continue their weird practice of announcing some weird indie game on the treehouse and releasing it worldwide the next day

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Anidav posted:

That's cool but I hope normal 150cc still shows up at high levels.

200cc is definitely doable with heavy faster setups. You just need to drift earlier. I'm so used to it now that switching to lightweight characters with tighter handling fucks me up.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Hungry Computer posted:

I actually tend to do better on mirror courses than the regular ones. Maybe my brain is backwards... And upside-down , since I always invert the vertical camera axis.

Introducing mirror right away makes it kinda pointless. It was a bigger deal on like, N64, where you had to beat everything and get used to all the maps long before you unlocked it.

Still cool to have though.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

alf_pogs posted:

i hope nintendo continue their weird practice of announcing some weird indie game on the treehouse and releasing it worldwide the next day

The best ones are
"Here's a really cool game trailer. Dope as hell yeah? Hey guess what? It's live RIGHT NOW"

I'm hoping we get some of that action during the E3 Direct.

Fingers crossed it's Project Mekurururururururu, because it looks awesome.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15emAY9oucM

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tempura Wizard posted:

Puyo Puyo Tetris is 10 dollars cheaper digital when compared to physical, so it doesn't quite hold up.

What I'm trying to say is, have you bought PPT yet? Everyone should buy PuyoTetris.

The physical comes with a keychain to skirt the rule.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Guy Goodbody posted:

On a similar note, is there any word about Dragon Quest Heroes getting a US release?

By DF's account its a bad port. If you have ps4 get it there or wait for pc

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Infinitum posted:

The best ones are
"Here's a really cool game trailer. Dope as hell yeah? Hey guess what? It's live RIGHT NOW"

I'm hoping we get some of that action during the E3 Direct.

Rhythm Heaven dropping unexpectedly last year was the best part of that E3.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

the "live right now" moment is gonna be virtual console/mother 3

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

deadwing posted:

the "live right now" moment is gonna be virtual console/super mario sunshine

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It'll be a Splatoon 2 test fire.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
WHEN

THE

gently caress

CAN

I

PLAY

SUPER MARIO WORLD

ON

THE

SWITCH?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nintendo gonna troll you all with ports of the Zelda CD-I games.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

WHEN

THE

gently caress

CAN

I

PLAY

SUPER MARIO WORLD

ON

THE

SWITCH?

super mario world is built into Minecraft, releasing for the Switch very soon!

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Minecraft and Skyrim are bad games, don't buy them for the 100th time you idiots.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I did it friends, I found a Switch! I'm downloading Blaster Master Zero and charging the battery in the dock right now! What a lovely day! :woop:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

WHEN

THE

gently caress

CAN

I

PLAY

SUPER MARIO WORLD

ON

THE

SWITCH?

Super Mario World is exclusive to people being released from amiibo prison.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Rad Valtar posted:

Minecraft and Skyrim are bad games, don't buy them for the 100th time you idiots.

But I can Fus Roh Dah while I fus roh dump.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Stux posted:

sony announces games coming out soon, games coming out later, and the kickstarter stuff. nintendo shows one game over three shows.

And boy, what game

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't believe Nintendo has already is going to (have) gently caress(ed) up E3.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

I can't believe Nintendo has already is going to (have) gently caress(ed) up E3.

They were doomed as soon as they cancelled SpaceWorld.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

New Super Mario trailer just leaked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkjEfKaoJXM

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Rad Valtar posted:

Remember when Kickstarter backers thought Skyrim would be on the Ouya? Good times. :lol:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
RIP Nintendo. Didn't announce Nintendogs Switch at E3 next month. :rip:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I have lived my entire life without playing minecraft once and i feel supremely good for this reason alone

Same.

Also applies to WoW.

acksplode posted:

He sold the game and its development company to Microsoft, so you'll just be giving your money to the typical faceless unethical unaccountable megacorporation.

Still better than giving money to the Antediluvian of neckbeards.

Policenaut posted:

If Nintendo brings literally more than 1 game this time I think they'll be fine.

Nintendo could bring a bunch of kiosks with BotW save files that have everything unlocked and they'd still get swarmed.

Realistically, I think most people are expecting them to show some more of Mario Odyssey and do a major reveal or two. Alternately, the entirety of their presentation is "full Pokemon game in development for the Switch, a short playable demo will be available later today" and then they just watch the internet go apeshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Show me what Retro is working on, I know it won't be Metroid I just need this ember of hope to be extinguished forever

• Locked thread