Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
A Melbourne primary school scrapped a stall in the name of “diversity” until a call came from a concerned parent — Bill Shorten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

that'd be kinda cool if it went ahead and wasn't just an empty gesture to appease one nation rednecks

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Ora Tzo posted:

You'll learn to love Mark instead.

someone should do that thing where you shrink his features but keep his head the same size

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

If only there was some kind of say, "insurance" you could get for these "landlords".

e. lol, it took them less than a day to buy the house, I think they might not be very good at this.

Zenithe fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 8, 2017

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

gay picnic defence posted:

someone should do that thing where you shrink his features but keep his head the same size

I think they already did

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

I like how they complain about capital gains tax, meaning they made a profit on the sale of the house :allears:

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

gay picnic defence posted:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

why do you keep posting the same picture?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Please stop posting Laurie Oakes

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

The Before Times posted:

I like how they complain about capital gains tax, meaning they made a profit on the sale of the house :allears:

What's the part about the Centrelink form? idgi

They're disgusted because their tenants were receiving welfare?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
And yet "Sonic Ironic Boom" got nothing. :dawkins101:

Ora Tzo posted:

Would we get a proper investigation into the AFP when Labor gets back in? Or will merely the truncheon be passed?
Nothing but only because the ALP are scared of the AFP. If the roles were reversed (Tudge was an ALP Minister - LNP in opposition) then there would have already been dawn raids on electoral offices and an ongoing extensively leaked to the media AFP investigation, then a malicious prosecution.

And now straight out of the Julie Bishop play book:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/story-st...e-boost/8509134

quote:

Federal budget 2017: Aboriginal people exposed to British nuclear testing to receive improved health care By political reporter Dan Conifer Updated about 3 hours ago

Aboriginal people who were near British nuclear tests in the 1950s and 1960s will finally receive improved health care, the Federal Government has revealed. Britain tested atomic weapons at Maralinga and Emu Fields in South Australia and around Western Australia's Monte Bello Islands. Many Indigenous people were moved away before the tests in South Australia's far north. But some remained and were subjected to extreme levels of radiation, which a royal commission linked to significant injuries and disabilities. Veterans' Affairs Minister Dan Tehan last night said those people would now receive improved health care from the Commonwealth. "Subject to the passage of legislation, the measure will provide Gold Cards to Indigenous people present at or near Maralinga, Emu Fields or the Monte Bello Islands at the time of the British nuclear tests in the 1950s or 1960s," Mr Tehan said.

The veterans' Gold Card covers most health costs.

The breakthrough follows decades of campaigning by those affected, their relatives and advocates.

Government budgets for veterans' health

The funding is part of a $133-million federal budget package for military personnel who survived the British tests and veterans who served in Japan after World War II. Today's budget will also boost veterans' mental health care by more than $50 million, including through psychological services and suicide prevention trials. More than $150 million will also go towards improving the Department of Veterans' Affairs ageing computer systems.
So unambiguously good news and it has to be remembered that ALP governments have been ignoring this issue in the sixty odd years since the events. But lets do the math. Last nuclear test - 1957. Youngest possible person effected - sixty. Average life expectancy of indigenous Australian - Seventy (averaging between male/female). A gold card that has at the extreme about ten years worth of care on it and only if you were one of the lippy ones that jumped up and down for "decades" because I'm pretty sure they won't be advertising it in remote areas and in language. I could, of course, be wrong.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I wonder what friendlyjordies is up to...

Oh another shilling meltdown nice.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Anidav posted:

So people can only be angry about one thing at a time? Tell us more, friendlyjordies. Or don't, that'd be better.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

What if I'm angry... at both?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What if I'm angry... at both?

EvilElmo/FriendlyJordies posted:

Yeah but the point is no one is dying because of this ad, it's trending on facebook and there is a media storm. Many are dying because of this privatisation and media is comparatively silent. It's not either or... but I don't think the Labor party are enemies of diversity look at their politicians compare to all other parties, the media will jump on anything to attack Labor, whilst ignoring far more serious issues

He also uses this image multiple times

SEE THERE IS AN ASIAN WOMAN,GNOME CHOPSKI WAZ RIIIGHT

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anidav posted:

SEE THERE IS AN ASIAN WOMAN,GNOME CHOPSKI WAZ RIIIGHT

u

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Anidav posted:

Many are dying because of this privatisation and media is comparatively silent
the media will jump on anything to attack Labor, whilst ignoring far more serious issues
He's not wrong. Solution: Guillotine Murdoch now

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY

Ora Tzo fucked around with this message at 03:11 on May 9, 2017

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

now turn it upside down

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Dude McAwesome posted:

What's the part about the Centrelink form? idgi

They're disgusted because their tenants were receiving welfare?

They had been under the impression the tenants were professionals I think? And either the tenants had lied about that or were applying for backpaid rent assistance that they weren't entitled to? It's not clear as the article isn't very well written

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/westaustralian/status/861772016042491904

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj4-nPTmO6M

I STILL CALL AUSTRALIA HOOOOOOOME

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

The Before Times posted:

They had been under the impression the tenants were professionals I think? And either the tenants had lied about that or were applying for backpaid rent assistance that they weren't entitled to? It's not clear as the article isn't very well written

What a bizarre (and probably manufactured) article.

CrazyTolradi posted:

So people can only be angry about one thing at a time? Tell us more, friendlyjordies. Or don't, that'd be better.

friendljordies is incapable of ever admitting that Labor gently caress up and make mistakes. He's the worst.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

It's a bit rich also given last time Labor was in power all the cuts to single mothers etc.

I mean I don't disagree, it's lovely from Labor but no worse than any of the other lovely things that happen constantly, and the cuts to services from the Libs are loving reprehensible. So people freaking out about one and not the other are dumb.

However friendlyjordies we can be miffed at both ey.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

Lid posted:

I STILL CALL AUSTRALIA HOOOOOOOME

good

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Dude McAwesome posted:

friendljordies is incapable of ever admitting that Labor gently caress up and make mistakes. He's the worst.
He meltsdown on social media at the slightest criticism, I've seen him belittle women just because they're women or, if you work in a supermarket or fast food, he'll scorn and mock you for daring to call out his crap.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

He is also on the ALP payroll and gives speeches for the NSW Young Labor frequently.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

CrazyTolradi posted:

He meltsdown on social media at the slightest criticism, I've seen him belittle women just because they're women or, if you work in a supermarket or fast food, he'll scorn and mock you for daring to call out his crap.

Truly a man of the party FOR THE WORKERS

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

CrazyTolradi posted:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Yeah, actually, friendlyjordies is just a young Mark Latham.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.

CrazyTolradi posted:

Yeah, actually, friendlyjordies is just a young Mark Latham.

If you stop paying attention they both eventually wither into the void?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Tarantula posted:

If you stop paying attention they both eventually wither into the void?
Pretty much, both rely on social media platforms but friendlyjordies averages at least 30-50k views per video so he won't be stopping that shitshow any time soon, sadly.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
The only thing wrong with the ad is that they didn't think about the ensuing media beat up.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Also 124k subscribers, dear god.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Solemn Sloth posted:

There is zero chance of the liberals taking any significant money out of banks pockets

On the other hand, the banks have stopped donating campaign funds the Liberals believe they're solely and completely entitled to

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Friendlyjordies is a lot less successful when you realise his Patreon is payrolled by Young ALP Rightwing jerks who also mod his facebook page and block Greens supporters :v:

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Anidav posted:

Friendlyjordies is a lot less successful when you realise his Patreon is payrolled by Young ALP Rightwing jerks who also mod his facebook page and block Greens supporters :v:
Eh, they're basically paying him just under $3k per video to reach a potential audience of 30-50k younger voters on YT, that's actually pretty good value.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
But in the end all he is, is a Labor hack.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lid posted:

SO MUCH FOR THE TOLERANT LEEEEEEEEFT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

"It's a picture of Mark Latham, but every time friendlyjordies melts down his face gets smaller"

• Locked thread