Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

His ship owns.

He's also a key piece for Babby's First Rancor team, because he erases your need for potency mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
TFP's uses:

Ship owns
Quality TM manipulation raid comp
decent in arena
Unlock R2-D2

He's definitely a good unlock.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Kylo has a ship too!

Except noone has ever seen it :v:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Neutron posted:

Kylo has a ship too!

Except noone has ever seen it :v:

You're literally the female lead from Waterworld rn.

edit.

also, you have to farm FOST to crew that turd. While that isn't a bad thing, since FOST is good... it's a hard, long grind.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Just started playing this. Is the Samsung data pack still a thing ? I didn't get anything despite using a new Samsung phone.

I'm still digging through the newbie guide. Does the guaranteed character from Chromium cards apply to the 350 crystal card or the 2520 pack ? It only says so for the 2520 pack in the store and I don't really plan to give them any money. Only thing I bought was the Dark Side starter pack for € 5.49 which included Greedo.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Hammerstein posted:

Just started playing this. Is the Samsung data pack still a thing ? I didn't get anything despite using a new Samsung phone.

I'm still digging through the newbie guide. Does the guaranteed character from Chromium cards apply to the 350 crystal card or the 2520 pack ? It only says so for the 2520 pack in the store and I don't really plan to give them any money. Only thing I bought was the Dark Side starter pack for € 5.49 which included Greedo.

Yeah, it doesn't say anything, but the 350 crystal pack gives you one free character for the first purchase. It will be a light side farmable hero.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

I got an Ugnaught.....:stonklol: How terrible is that ?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hammerstein posted:

Its poo poo, you got screwed, friend.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Oh well, at least Fire Emblem Heroes taught me not go all-out whale this time.

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 01:59 on May 9, 2017

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Hammerstein posted:

There are maybe 2 or 3 heroes worse than ugnaught.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

At least he's not... I could say Mace out of spite, but Mace flies a ship for me now...

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Can anyone with an open friend slot add me? The guild I'm in is garbage. 50 people are in it, none are ever even on.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

Can anyone with an open friend slot add me? The guild I'm in is garbage. 50 people are in it, none are ever even on.

Find another one. There's tons of do-nothing guilds.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/109376/game-update-5-9-2017#latest

quote:

What's Ahead
An ambitious, ruthless proponent of military power see's a change

Looks like maybe Tarkin is getting a review.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Hammerstein posted:

Oh well, at least Fire Emblem Heroes taught me not go all-out whale this time.

I've dabble in FEH and that game doesn't hold a candle to this one :) Welcome aboard, and please feel free to join our Discord.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Dr. Venture posted:

I've dabble in FEH and that game doesn't hold a candle to this one :) Welcome aboard, and please feel free to join our Discord.

Well they are both tactical "Collect more Pokemons" games. Fire Emblem does not have the depth of this here, it's also not out for even early as long. But I like the positioning and movement aspect on the tactical map inFE, while this game probably has much deeper team synergies.

Dammit, I recently bought a 1080 Ti but have only played mobile games in the last weeks, what is the world coming to....

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
It's really not our fault that these old-school hand-held collector games own and we are especially susceptible to the ones that that involve IP's we adore.

For real, modern console/PC gaming companies... sometimes collecting is all we care about.

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!

RC Cola posted:

I've dumped a few inactive friends. Invite me: 173-161-854

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

add me 469-134-913

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Was the last tier of heists always 1.5-10? I could swear it was 2.5 minimum.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Crumbletron posted:

Was the last tier of heists always 1.5-10? I could swear it was 2.5 minimum.

No. It used to be 2.5. Now 2.5 is still the most common, but you can critically "fail" the reward and get even less now!

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Excellent :pwn:

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Thanks, I added you two. I'm so tempted to spend money ughhh

Cadiem
Oct 9, 2007
Feel free to add 537-332-131, have a bunch of spots open now that I cleared out everyone that hasn't logged in for a year.

Also, is there a way to set who other people can get with your code, or is it your highest geared light/dark side characters?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

RC Cola posted:

Thanks, I added you two. I'm so tempted to spend money ughhh

Hold off, man.

If you're gonna spend money, understand a few things. First... NEVER buy Chromium or Ship packs. Ever. loving EVER. NEVER EVER EVER EVER.

If you buy a pack, make sure it comes with guaranteed contents, and those contents are "worth the money." About the only thing worth the money right this second is maybe the Shoretrooper pack at 20 dollars.

FAR AND AWAY, the best thing to spend crystals on is energy refreshes. With a decent top 100 arena ranking and clearing GW every day, you can usually net enough crystals to do 2 regular and 1 cantina refresh/day. If you decide to drop 20 bucks on a crystal pack, you can expand that to 4x Energy and 2x Cantina, maybe 3/3 depending on your priorities. This will allow you to farm gear and shards more quickly (it's a slog, it's always a slog).

The moment you begin to feel that it's going to slow for you and you want to buy some Chromium packs... uninstall the loving game. Do not buy those packs, I SWEAR TO loving GOD.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Cadiem posted:

Feel free to add 537-332-131, have a bunch of spots open now that I cleared out everyone that hasn't logged in for a year.

Also, is there a way to set who other people can get with your code, or is it your highest geared light/dark side characters?

They get a different character for each, light/dark/cantina/challenges depending on the last character you used as a leader in those modes.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

EA perfectly captured the idea of the quick, and easy way being the soul-destroying way of the Dark Side with purchases.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
7*ing toons is the goal, and it takes like a month to 7* any toon. A little faster for Galactic War and Cantina Battles, if you're burning refreshes on it. Longer for poo poo like hard-mode exclusives and guild currency/ship currency.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

What am I supposed to do with the Ally Points I keep getting ? Dump them on cards or save them for something ?

Also their customer service just sent me an apology, plus 500 crystals and an omega crafting mat. I have no idea why, but I will gladly take that :dance:

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 10, 2017

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
Go ahead and burn through them for the free bronzium cards. You get some pretty crap items 99% of the time but you can sometimes get a shard or a whole character very rarely.

I too will gladly accept the free 500 crystals for no reason.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hammerstein posted:

What am I supposed to do with the Ally Points I keep getting ? Dump them on cards or save them for something ?

Also their customer service just sent me an apology, plus 500 crystals and an omega crafting mat. I have no idea why, but I will gladly take that :dance:

I just blew through 50k on my alt account and got a full snowtrooper, royal guard, jedi knight guardian, boba fett, and ahsoka

felt good

Inimicul
Oct 14, 2006

Shenanigans!
One QoL change I want to see is a "Spend All" button for those points. Hitting buy and skip over and over again on my phone is slow and annoying.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Burn all ally points on bronzium and then pat yourself on the back and buy 10 Darth Nihlius shards.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Wait what the gently caress, those ads that pop up purchase something without giving me a confirmation prompt?

I was trying to close one of these pop ups and accidentally spent $40. Has anyone had any experience with refunds on this?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Lord Wexia posted:

Wait what the gently caress, those ads that pop up purchase something without giving me a confirmation prompt?

I was trying to close one of these pop ups and accidentally spent $40. Has anyone had any experience with refunds on this?

If CG says no, Apple/Google will absolutely say yes.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

So I couldn't resist and bought that 8 card pack for 2.5K crystals, I think this is a good haul though. But I better stop spending now, while I'm ahead. Leia is 2* and the others are 3*. I also got that heavy gunner dude from Rogue One :black101:

No idea which of them are good though....

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Baze will singlehandedly carry you all the way to end game if you keep his gear up to date.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hammerstein posted:

So I couldn't resist and bought that 8 card pack for 2.5K crystals, I think this is a good haul though. But I better stop spending now, while I'm ahead. Leia is 2* and the others are 3*. I also got that heavy gunner dude from Rogue One :black101:

No idea which of them are good though....

We have been infiltrated by a CG propaganda stooge.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Yes....must spend more......

And I rolled an Ugnaught just a day ago from my first card. Guess even the rng was moved to tears and now showed me some compassion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Hammerstein posted:

Yes....must spend more......

And I rolled an Ugnaught just a day ago from my first card. Guess even the rng was moved to tears and now showed me some compassion.

every one of those character unlocks is solid, especially for an early player