Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I won't complain if Retro has another DKC game on the way, Tropical Freeze was fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lemming posted:

Show me what Retro is working on, I know it won't be Metroid I just need this ember of hope to be extinguished forever

IF Nintendo show off a new Retro made Metroid game, they'll basically win E3

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Infinitum posted:

IF Nintendo show off a new Retro made Metroid game, they'll basically win E3

Retro presents: Federation Force 2, exclusively for the 2DS

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Microsoft at E3 this year is gonna be awkward.

Nintendo will do their usual thing and just show off a bunch of treehouse footage of mostly things we already know, but it'll be fun anyways, and then maybe a new game announcement.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Captain Falcon RPG by Platinum

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

How about a non-lovely Paper Mario

Like make a Paper Mario game with the usual fantastic writing and characters and all, but don't tack on some dogshit gimmicky concept to it

I'm not asking for a lot

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Anidav posted:

Captain Falcon RPG by Platinum

Why not?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

chaleski posted:

Like make a Paper Mario game with the usual fantastic writing and characters and all, but don't tack on some dogshit gimmicky concept to it

I'm not asking for a lot

Basically just go back to Mario RPG -> Paper Mario -> Thousand Year Door ->

Everything else is different and some of them are okay and some are poo poo but none of them scratch the same itch. Mario and Luigi and Paper Mario are both pretty lovely now.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Wrong thread

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Zaphod42 posted:

Microsoft at E3 this year is gonna be awkward.

Nintendo will do their usual thing and just show off a bunch of treehouse footage of mostly things we already know, but it'll be fun anyways, and then maybe a new game announcement.

Only because when they announce brand new games, everybody is gonna be thinking in the back of their heads that at least one of these games will be cancelled before launch.

You look back at E3 2014 and at least like three of the high profile games they showed off (even if one of them like say, Fable Legends had already been shown off at that point) are dead now. They have ceased to exist.

And that's something we haven't really experienced in a long time otherwise. Like tech-demos have definitely been shown off at Nintendo and Sony E3 conferences but they either were never intended to be released as actual software or ideas from said tech demos would eventually find their way into actual games.

There was the time Konami announced a new Contra at an E3 conference like, literally just a giant flaming "C" and after that we never heard about it again.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Only because when they announce brand new games, everybody is gonna be thinking in the back of their heads that at least one of these games will be cancelled before launch.

You look back at E3 2014 and at least like three of the high profile games they showed off (even if one of them like say, Fable Legends had already been shown off at that point) are dead now. They have ceased to exist.

And that's something we haven't really experienced in a long time otherwise. Like tech-demos have definitely been shown off at Nintendo and Sony E3 conferences but they either were never intended to be released as actual software or ideas from said tech demos would eventually find their way into actual games.

There was the time Konami announced a new Contra at an E3 conference like, literally just a giant flaming "C" and after that we never heard about it again.

Its worse than that. I really don't think MS is going to show anything beyond Halo and Forza and some ports. That's it. They're heavily winding down and firing off most of their game teams, Xbox is a floundering brand and lots of MS execs don't care to spend the money to keep building it back up.

The only studio I can think of beyond 343i that they still have going is poor Rare, and as soon as Sea of Thieves is released I expect MS will shut them down.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm buying Minecraft for the Switch.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

that Rare Replay compilation demands re-release on the switch. Rare plus Nintendo is just a good time factory

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I have lived my entire life without playing minecraft once and i feel supremely good for this reason alone

griefing during the beta was badass

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zaphod42 posted:

Its worse than that. I really don't think MS is going to show anything beyond Halo and Forza and some ports. That's it. They're heavily winding down and firing off most of their game teams, Xbox is a floundering brand and lots of MS execs don't care to spend the money to keep building it back up.

The only studio I can think of beyond 343i that they still have going is poor Rare, and as soon as Sea of Thieves is released I expect MS will shut them down.

I know this isn't a meaningful metric, but it is kinda funny how many threads there in Games under the xbox tag

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

alf_pogs posted:

that Rare Replay compilation demands re-release on the switch. Rare plus Nintendo is just a good time factory

Rare are Microsoft devs now, it'll never happen

*releases Minecraft on Switch because it'll make them money*

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Paper Mario Color Splash has better writing than and us a more fun game overall than The 1000 Year Door and doesn't rely on the crutch of original characters do not steal.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
There aren't any OCs in 1000 door?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Zaphod42 posted:

I would buy a ScorpiBone for Viva Pinata 3.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

parallelodad posted:

Paper Mario Color Splash has better writing than and us a more fun game overall than The 1000 Year Door and doesn't rely on the crutch of original characters do not steal.

hmm

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Zaphod42 posted:

Is that stuff actually true though? I mean I'm not arguing against the point but I've been hearing it for years now and the Scorpio is something Microsoft seems to be taking very seriously. None of that tells me they're scaling back on the Xbox.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

chaleski posted:

I'm not asking for a lot
Nintendo thinks Mario & Luigi makes Paper Mario obsolete because THEY'RE BOTH RPGS!!! even if they both play way differently. Also certain seems to be clamping down on more story-heavy Mario games.

So expect a lot of dumb gimmicks until either the series or Miyamoto dies.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

And another thing. The battle system in Color Splash is actually far less tedious than 1000 year door. Battles are over a lot faster, there's no grinding, and no walking back and forth over the same hallways dozens of times.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It's actually a lot more tedious. Who grinder in door?

CharlestheHammer fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 9, 2017

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Was color splash the one that gave you abilities at random as cards and if you wanted to save up a good one for a boss gently caress you too bad?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Was color splash the one that gave you abilities at random as cards and if you wanted to save up a good one for a boss gently caress you too bad?

Yeah but it wasn't that bad, just kind of boring.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Infinitum posted:

Rare are Microsoft devs now, it'll never happen

*releases Minecraft on Switch because it'll make them money*

The Xbox head guy said he was open to it. I still doubt it would ever happen. Would be cool though.

Color Splash was really good. It was one of the funniest games and the Treehouse deserves a lot of credit for that.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

They're not random at all and it takes like ten seconds to select your turn unless you get decision paralysis easily.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mister Facetious posted:

I would buy a ScorpiBone for Viva Pinata 3.

Good news, it will probably be available on computer.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I want a Switch. Is there a magic day of the week for big box retailers to get shipments in?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga is one of the only games to make me literally laugh out loud

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

a.lo posted:

I sold my Switch

I'm sorry, sir, but you have lost the right to post in this thread

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
i have a switch, its good

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

i have a switch, its good

I'm giving you a promotion, good sir

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you
So I guess this NBA Playgrounds game is getting the noon time indie scrub treatment? Metacritic's countdown is inaccurate, huh? Too bad, I was gonna get drunk tonight and dunk on a motherfucker.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

a.lo posted:

I sold my Switch

I bought a.lo's switch. I gave him a bag of lemon jelly beans I told him were gold chunks. He ran away laughing thinking he'd conned me, then tripped and spilled them into a storm drain and when he went after them he sheared his dick off on the sharp edges. Firefighters refused to rescue him. He's dead and gay now.

Side note: Mario Kart owns.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I just wanted lemon jelly beans

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

a.lo posted:

I just wanted lemon jelly beans

I have more, friend. Let's share them and play cool Nintendo games.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

WHEN

THE

gently caress

CAN

I

PLAY

SUPER MARIO WORLD

ON

THE

SWITCH?

:same: but also SMW2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Nintendo please make a Super Mario World 2. Do it with sprite based media.

• Locked thread