Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Llab
Dec 28, 2011

PEPSI FOR VG BABE
I've run out of new JoJo to read, and I'm not used to the wait yet. I don't know what to do with myself now.

Josuke's great, and so is Yasuho. She needs to show up more, though. Their Stands are cool and good. Norisuke is an interesting guy, and I came around to him as more was revealed about him. Joshu is a poo poo, and deserves everything he gets. Hato sending Damo running was great, but she deserved the kill there. I would ramble more, but it's late so...

Jorge Joestar was completely insane, even by JoJo standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

Llab posted:

I've run out of new JoJo to read, and I'm not used to the wait yet. I don't know what to do with myself now.

This accurately describes how it felt to complete Berserk for me.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
I felt JoJolion had a really weird pacing/narration somewhere up around the sudden introduction of Higashikatas. Then Araki found his rhythm again.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

jojo

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

he's a guy who has bizarre adventures

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

but he doesn't have enough adventures cause i've read most all of them

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

in short, i really wish jojo wasn't so lazy and would have more adventures so i could read about them

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i hope you have enjoyed reading these thought provoking posts of mine as much as i enjoyed writing them. namaste

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

lol he's not called jojo he's called carl wtf

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Condiv posted:

in short, i really wish jojo wasn't so lazy and would have more adventures so i could read about them

You think that's bad, there are TWO hunters in hxh and still they only leave the house to have adventures like twice a year! That sucks.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

instead of shooting nails at people why doesn't Johnny just shoot them with a gun

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Augus posted:

instead of shooting nails at people why doesn't Johnny just shoot them with a gun

I think he doesn't shoot them with a gun because he doesn't have a gun.

At any rate, the nails basically are bullets that can use the Spin, so I think a normal gun is a downgrade.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hoobajoo posted:

I think he doesn't shoot them with a gun because he doesn't have a gun.
He should buy a gun.
What if he shot out nails AND shot the gun at the same time!?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Augus posted:

Guns are only slightly more powerful than nerf guns in Steel Ball Run. Note how Johnny survives a revolver bullet to the forehead in True Man's World because he was outside its 'effective range' at like ten metres away and how DIO shooting him several times in the chest and neck is only used as setup for his real finisher... Johnny's own deflected nail shot.

No Dignity fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 9, 2017

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Weather Report survived shooting himself in the head point-blank.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
that's because his stand replaced the bullets in the chamber with water

he also tried to jump to his death but his stand cause the wind to blow him back

guns are useless unless you're the Eleven Men and guns are extremely good

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Moltrey posted:

that's because his stand replaced the bullets in the chamber with water

he also tried to jump to his death but his stand cause the wind to blow him back

guns are useless unless you're the Eleven Men and guns are extremely good

No, the other time

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Thats a paint brush.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

That's what Wes thought too

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

No, the other time

oh sorry

mr. bluemarine has shot himself a lot

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I love the conclusion to the bohemian rhapsody fight

I love how Wes manages to beat it. It owns so much.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Remember the book with Araki being gay with Rohan about making manga?

Here's the English cover.

"The craft of creating manga by removing manga from the cover"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Johnny tried to use a gun once during Steel Ball Run during the Boom Boom fight. It goes terribly because guns and Stands don't mix. Johnny's reality bending, self-aiming, and spaghetti eating nails are vastly superior to bullets.

The literal best gun in all of JoJo needed to be fed pizza and sweet talked into firing.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Remember the book with Araki being gay with Rohan about making manga?

Here's the English cover.

"The craft of creating manga by removing manga from the cover"

i'm mad

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

EmmyOk posted:

Johnny tried to use a gun once during Steel Ball Run during the Boom Boom fight. It goes terribly because guns and Stands don't mix. Johnny's reality bending, self-aiming, and spaghetti eating nails are vastly superior to bullets.

The literal best gun in all of JoJo needed to be fed pizza and sweet talked into firing.

I think you're forgetting the real best gun in Jojo's (sorry for image quality)

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I'm not sure whom I enjoy more between Mista and Hol Horse but Sex Pistols is definitely better than The Emperor.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It's Mista

Misra is already great at shooting but he's even better at shooting when he's wrangled together his six rowdy sons and fed them lunch

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There is 0% chance that Mista smells like anything other than sweat and other bodily fluids. The boy is a grease machine.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Literally the first thing Trish does in his body is say he's hairy and smelly but the kid is 16 so that's really the most normal thing ever. He's still the most reliable guy in Passione

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Passione has Bruno and Giorno, so no, not even close.

I'd trust Bruno with my final £1 and he'd come back a month later with for £2.50 for me.

Mista would go get Narancia to panhandle him up another couple of quid so he can go buy a lads mag for them share at night.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:45 on May 10, 2017

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
mista is my son and you all need to stop bullying him

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pomp posted:

mista is my son and you all need to stop bullying him

Your son needs to bathe more and would spend way too much time jerking off but he is a good boy we all have our flaws and your son Mista is no exception

Also, he's 18, not 16!!!!!!!!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Passione has Bruno and Giorno, so no, not even close.

I'd trust Bruno with my final £1 and he'd come back a month later with for £2.50 for me.

Mista would go get Narancia to panhandle him up another couple of quid so he can go buy a lads mag for them share at night.
In every fight he's in, Mista steps the gently caress up with an eerie calm and is ready to ice fools, not with his mind ghost, but with a loving gun, he is here to murder people. Meanwhile I love Bruno, but boy kinda gets cold feet a lot and can get a bit shook in combat and Giorno's over here driving cars into rivers when fighting dudes with ice powers so no thank you, I want Mista watching my back

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's more to reliability than a fight though, that's just reliability in a fight.

If Passione was a real life gang, you just know for a fact that Mista is starting absolutely every fight he gets into, unless it's a fight Narancia started. Abbacchio and Fugo would sit by waiting for Mista and Narancia to gently caress up while Bruno's making bank.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It'd be all

"Yo, Mista, what did you do this time for gently caress's sake?"
"It wasn't me, they started it."
"You want me to get Moody Blues out pal?"
"Yeah, ok, it was me."

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
let me tell you, when you're in a gang, reliability in a fight is reliability anywhere

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Pomp posted:

i'm mad

I really am, too. It looks lousy, something seems off about it to me. Implication is that the original cover wouldn't work here but then they still matched to jononium style so like why bother. Oh well

Mista has to work a bit to get in that calm fight zone and actually it's something that changes through the story- largely because of his interactions with giorno and bruno. I love mista a lot but he absolutely embodies that kind of guy who is all over the place which is initially pretty much backed up by his stand.

His character development is nice...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Are they going to give the sexy DIO on JoJonium 17 a shirt that says PRAY THE GAY AWAY or something?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

because I know DIO and homosexuality and religion go hand in hand for him, he has a very speedy gay "friend" in the clergy, it would be out of character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Kaato is so god drat cool.