Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
in my first job i managed to gently caress up an internal offer so badly that upper management had to get involved, i'm reasonably certain it had something to do with the poaching manager getting let go after that project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
our information security team has been trying to poach me for 2 years now, but going over there would be like drinking bleach what with how much my current group and that one hate each other. and we have to work together constantly.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

our information security team has been trying to poach me for 2 years now, but going over there would be like drinking bleach what with how much my current group and that one hate each other. and we have to work together constantly.

You can spin it as becoming the liaison, bridging the gap, creating understanding and mutual respect between your departments.

For a significant increase in salary of course

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

spankmeister posted:

You can spin it as becoming the liaison, bridging the gap, creating understanding and mutual respect between your departments.

ask for a lot of increase though, you'll receive double the boss hassling

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

cold calling recruiter status update: the in person interview is face to face with a c-level :staredog:

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

PierreTheMime posted:

it's a contract with intent to hire. they're going to pay for my training and get me up to speed and if they like me they'll make an offer. at least that's how it's been sold to me from both the recruiter and the company itself
be really careful about this; intent changes and gets overruled all the time so you absolutely should not rely on follow through especially if you're a month or two out from the end and all you have are promises

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

cold calling recruiter status update: the in person interview is face to face with a c-level :staredog:

not unusual if it's a smaller company, say less than 50 people

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.

spankmeister posted:

they've been trying to poach me via the luxury of a pay decrease.

Like the only perk to moving over there would be all the nothing I'd do all day. Seriously, that group does jack poo poo.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Bhodi posted:

be really careful about this; intent changes and gets overruled all the time so you absolutely should not rely on follow through especially if you're a month or two out from the end and all you have are promises

yeh im going to get it validated/clarified in the face-to-face, but essentially im expected to be a replacement for the original who got promoted. he picked me out of the candidate pool, so if the current position vouched for me as an expected permanent replacement that's a pretty good sign. it's a very niche skillset and there's only one position in their company

of course all this is still up in the air. ill know more by tomorrow afternoon

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

hobbesmaster posted:

not unusual if it's a smaller company, say less than 50 people

most c-levels would be at best mid-level employees at a real company hth

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FamDav posted:

this is probably it. company has a few thousand employees, so maybe they just love making every manager a chief of something

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

FamDav posted:

this applies to all ceos, especially f500 ceos

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Bloody posted:

this applies to all ceos, especially f500 ceos

pitch: undercover boss except we've secretly stolen their identity and all their money and they have to successfully complete 12 months in their disguise

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
love when you submit an online application and then they email you a word doc application with all the same questions and more. the one I just got is asking for my SAT scores lol

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

da beeper king BABY posted:

love when you submit an online application and then they email you a word doc application with all the same questions and more. the one I just got is asking for my SAT scores lol
are you applying to work at dairy queen?

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
it's a financial software consultancy, so close enough

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
that's pretty much my dream bc i scored really well on SAT but nobody ever cared about it

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

da beeper king BABY posted:

it's a financial software consultancy, so close enough

I hope you like conference calls

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

qirex posted:

I hope you like conference calls
time is money, i say

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

speaking of conference calls the new place uses webex which is really nice because you can finally see who is making uncomfortably loud breathing noises into their headset and forcibly mute them

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

yo mostly same except 2 months instead of 2 years and the infosec engineering team owns bones and the job would let me lead a team of junior developers getting a foothold in our cloud environment. it combines my 2 passions: mentoring and developing talent, and more money.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

okay, whats the deal with a self-described start-up mentality company looking to disrupt people's way of doign x apparently implying full formal attire dress code?

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

cinci zoo sniper posted:

okay, whats the deal with a self-described start-up mentality company looking to disrupt people's way of doign x apparently implying full formal attire dress code?

are they disrupting other people's money? then conservative drag to flimflam the money havers.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ultravoices posted:

are they disrupting other people's money? then conservative drag to flimflam the money havers.
yes and makes sense. also gently caress, the only suit i have was bought when i was 45 pounds heavier

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

going to have to roll with the punches and hope that business casual is a-ok for a junior at first glance

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

they're serious if it's NYC

if it's west coast "formal attire" means khakis, closed toe shoes and something with a collar

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 11, 2017

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

hobbesmaster posted:

they're series if it's NYC

if it's west coast "formal attire" means khakis, closed toe shoes and something with a collar
its central latvia so it can be literally anything

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

I don't know enough about tracksuits to help you there

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

I don't know enough about tracksuits to help you there

the classiest tracksuit

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

ultravoices posted:

the classiest tracksuit

oh that's trivial. black Adidas track jacket and pants with 3 straight white stripes - from belt and collar to cuffs respectively. jacket only with two side pockets, much like pants. a monochrome t-shirt underneath. white sharp-toed leather shoes (moccasin style, with no laces and mediun-height heel, shorter than half-boots. black socks and black leather beanie.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

we're a lean and mean disruptive machine focused on exactly two things on our path to success:
1) results
2) making sure our employees dress like their grandpa would have

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

seems like a bunch of really level headed and singularly focused on success peeps to me

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

cinci zoo sniper posted:

oh that's trivial. black Adidas track jacket and pants with 3 straight white stripes - from belt and collar to cuffs respectively. jacket only with two side pockets, much like pants. a monochrome t-shirt underneath. white sharp-toed leather shoes (moccasin style, with no laces and mediun-height heel, shorter than half-boots. black socks and black leather beanie.

privyet

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

b0red posted:

privyet

zdarova

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

i unironically do wear a tracksuit almost everyday when i work. but i also work from home. it's just 2 drat comfy and the perfect amount of breathability.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

"We need an expert in X that can come in day one billing at expert hours" roughly translated is: :siren: DEATH MARCH :siren: right?

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Iverron posted:

"We need an expert in X that can come in day one billing at expert hours" roughly translated is: :siren: DEATH MARCH :siren: right?
if you treat it like a consulting gig and "bill at expert hours" means you're getting paid multiple dollars a minute it could be worth it

it's pretty clear they're super screwed in one or more ways but you could be the one who solves the problem

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

do go on , the semiotics of tracksuits are a rich field of study.

is latvia the kind of place where financial dealings have an expectation of default honesty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

I am going to be so loving good at coding in a shared text document by the time this is over

• Locked thread