Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR9QIU4vGsI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr9_e4ySRYA

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdseN1Irbp8

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

there is no god

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
boobs are pretty cool

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

I am ashamed to admit that I learned only this week that "The Man Who Sold the World" was not originally by Nirvana.

Mike-o posted:

boobs are pretty cool

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

joat mon posted:

I am ashamed to admit that I learned only this week that "The Man Who Sold the World" was not originally by Nirvana.

But their version is better :colbert:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYA1g4eitMI

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVUOGUmxJI

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Booblord Zagats posted:

Oh no. My God.. There's another barrage incoming.

I shall bookmark this post and kindly peruse it at a later time, much obliged.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Booger Presley posted:

They had it pretty good. Get drafted because you aren't in college, wind up in combat shooting at leaves and shadows, then come back to protests and assholes. At least they didn't sick and die years later from chemical exposure.

gently caress you

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://twitter.com/TheAVClub/status/861706041389707273

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Mike-o posted:

boobs are pretty cool

The boobs were, the boobs are, and the boobs shall be. Not in the spaces we know, but between them, they walk serene and primal, undimensioned and to us unseen. Booblord knows the gate. Booblord is the gate. Booblord is the key and guardian of the gate. Past, resent, future, all are one in Booblord. He knows where the boobs broke through of old, and where They shall break through again.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Pesticide20 posted:

But their version is better :colbert:

Same with "Where Did You Sleep Last Night?" unplugged.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcXYz0gtJeM

bengy81
May 8, 2010

joat mon posted:

The version from MGSV is pretty dope dude, highly recommend you give it a listen.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40QSd6ZtZfk

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:perfect:

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

ElMaligno posted:

gently caress you

You know that whole statement is sarcasm right? The point was those guys got hosed from start to finish which is why I felt like shitheel when a Vietnam vet thanked me for my service.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Don't mind El Anime.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

ElMaligno posted:

gently caress you

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

i wanna pants this dude so bad

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

That dude is actually a stand up guy IRL.

Although looking at it, I carry more hardware than that on a daily basis now :shobon:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

The Rat posted:

it must be really hard to sit down with 40 lbs of cheap chinese steel trinkets attached to your belt every day

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Booger Presley posted:

You know that whole statement is sarcasm right? The point was those guys got hosed from start to finish which is why I felt like shitheel when a Vietnam vet thanked me for my service.

My dad is a vietnam vet so i get really defensive about him.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ElMaligno posted:

i dont think any of us would be ballsy enough to be that lovely to vietnam vets

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Rat posted:

I don't think anyone accused him of being a rapist, just a gigantic dork

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Buca di Bepis posted:

I don't think anyone accused him of being a rapist, just a gigantic dork

Funny enough he actually stopped a rapist

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I used to be part of a community writing group for veterans and we had this medic who had been a conscientious objector during Vietnam but got drafted. He wrote all these poems about firefights and hosed up poo poo about coming home and getting spit on. Turns out he never went to Vietnam, but he was a medic who rotated through Guam, and they kicked him out after he freaked out when a burned up US casualty was brought through the local hospital. There's no rule against writing poems about things you didn't experience personally. But he sure as hell wasn't correcting anyone when they assumed there was a connection.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
My papa was a vietnam draftee and my grandfather was a pilot in WW2 and I've called both of them bitches to their faces because I'm loving hardcore

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i dont think any of us would be ballsy enough to be that lovely to vietnam vets

I know. I just get exceedingly irrational.

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
says the anime toucher

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
My grandfather on my moms side was a engineer in the pacific. My dad was national guard during the 68 riots and beat on hippies.

Booger Presley
Aug 6, 2008

Pillbug

ElMaligno posted:

Sorry to get you worked up man. I have nothing but respect for those guys and feel really bad about all they've endured. Can't imagine dealing with all of it. That linked article reported they received an average of $3800 in the Agent Orange settlement sickened me.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Got a great uncle made E8 in the army during the late 50s. Not bad for a Mexican at the time. My wife's grandfather (still alive) was on Oahu during Pearl Harbor as an Army Air Corp logistics officer. He had some nice stories about bangin' civilian office workers.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

some things never change

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Syrian Lannister posted:

My dad was national guard during the 68 riots and beat on hippies.

i was national guard from 2008-2012 and did literally nothing

well, i went to japan for two weeks and got fuckin wasted with the JGSDF dudes

they were rad

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

My roommates decided to not clean up after their last shindig on Saturday, and while doing the cleaning on Sunday morning, I stepped in a toothpick. Not like right vertically down on it, more like ran the ball of my foot into it like those horses into the concealed spears in Braveheart.

Yanked it out, cleaned and treated the wound with an antiseptic dressing, felt like overkill for a tiny puncture like that, popped some ibuprofen und stayed off it as much as I could. The tiny wound healed fine, but now, a day later, surprise loving surprise, it appears the tip of the toothpick is still in there.

And I opted to not move into my new apartment until two days before commencement, so my roommates wouldn't have to hang around in our old apartment with zero loving kitchen equipment, plates, or cutlery.

Now to cover moving, commencement and welcoming my family that's visiting from home, all with the fun of having to work a visit to the loving clinic in there, because getting the fucker out would legally have to be classified as surgery.

Fun.

God, I love my Koreans. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Wait do you own them

• Locked thread