Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Managed to somehow find an even more unlikable character than Prompto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
behold as the game blows this amazing music on what is essentially a shenmue qte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGq5KNZxz7A

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Final Fantasy XV - Kuvo and topiKal GOT IT

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
This game's devs : What if We did a Shadow of the Colossus boss battle and Platinum's block-a-giant-baddass-attack-with-a-sword but with a whiney anime pretty boy and did it lame?

Cory in the Blouse
Oct 22, 2010

SAMUS ARAN
OUR ONLY HOPE!
After this episode all I can think of is

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/cool-guy-from-middle-school-still-sporting-phat-pa-34730

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.
Kuvo, I gotta ask, what was your whiskey of choice in this episode? Hopefully something smooth.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
This update is making me really glad I didn't bother with this game, Titan looks like the lamest boss.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
For the record, the name of the orchestral Yo Noid soundtrack would be Yo-Yo Noid

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lt. Conquistador posted:

Kuvo, I gotta ask, what was your whiskey of choice in this episode? Hopefully something smooth.

http://www.aberlour.com/us/range/aberlour-12/

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Huge let-down of a boss fight. Looked kind of cool for a second and then barely did anything.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

What've you guys got against car parks

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It wasn't pretty enough to stop me looking at other things while it was happening.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.

Kuvo posted:

behold as the game blows this amazing music on what is essentially a shenmue qte

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGq5KNZxz7A

That's unfair, Shenmue QTEs usually require the use of more than two buttons

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

topiKal posted:

That's unfair, Shenmue QTEs usually require the use of more than two buttons

A real shame too, I was really hoping you two would fail and we'd see Noctis die by getting a watermelon smashed on his head or Kenny Crow drowning him while the cap is still on the bottle.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.
I just noticed what Benson said at the end of this episode:

"It's also hosed up to tell a 9 year-old that they're the Chosen One."

THAT WAS COLETTE'S ENTIRE STORY IN TALES OF SYMPHONIA! That was the whole reason she was so hosed up! Wow, this complaint is years late.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Say, wasn't titan holding up a still-quite-on-fire meteor?

Like, you'd think it would be a problem for the entire world if he uh, got "put down" by the army or had his arm blown off by the backstreet boys.

I do like that Titan is an actual titan, and not like, some sort of idiot snake thing. That's pretty nice.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
I wonder how many episodes it takes before one of them manages to make a proper spell.

You can use the stuff that drops from monsters to make far more potent spells for instance.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Calihan posted:

I wonder how many episodes it takes before one of them manages to make a proper spell.

You can use the stuff that drops from monsters to make far more potent spells for instance.

I'm just glad they've abandoned relying on their party to heal them and are just using items freely.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Zenostein posted:

Say, wasn't titan holding up a still-quite-on-fire meteor?

Like, you'd think it would be a problem for the entire world if he uh, got "put down" by the army or had his arm blown off by the backstreet boys.

Nah, it'd only fall the last little bit now he's taken the momentum off it. It'd just be a giant ever burning thing on the ground instead of a giant burning thing held just off the floor on the back of a crushed, trapped, apparently sapient being.

Maybe that's why he hands out his favour, the possibility of the sweet release of death has really inspired him.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I don't know, Majora's Mask taught me that slow moving big things from a few hundred feet away can destroy the world.

But the post(superlame)boss cutscene shows that the world is still there so whatever.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
For all that you told Prompto to take more shots of Noctis, most of his pictures seem to be of Gladiolus. Wonder if there's anything to be read into that.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Astrofig posted:

For all that you told Prompto to take more shots of Noctis, most of his pictures seem to be of Gladiolus. Wonder if there's anything to be read into that.

All you hoo-mons look alike to me.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
He just wants to see some muscle poses.

He is exactly the kind of person who would be into Jojo in an entirely too serious way.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: RIDING BIRDS :frogsiren:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I swear to god if Vyv's name is short for Vyvy

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Mmmm, toadleg.....

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

Astrofig posted:

Mmmm, toadleg.....

Delicious.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Wait, can someone explain how these tactics work? They wanted you to deal 21k damage to the bigfrog in 2 minutes, but he died way faster than that.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
They either wanted you to do all the damage before your idiot parade could even get involved, or they didn't think about it. Probably the former, could be the latter.

That pushing thing at the start of the challenge is really obnoxious.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I love unskippable scenes and animations in games that play often.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

goatface posted:

That pushing thing at the start of the challenge is really obnoxious.

Nah, it's real important. this way you emphasize with him when he says 'get off me.' It's a sign of superior quality writing, creating empathy like that.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Lunethex posted:

I love unskippable scenes and animations in games that play often.

Like the pointless 10 second scene every time you refuel the car?

At the other end of the spectrum are games like the first Assassin's Creed with unskippable 20 minute cutscenes with button prompts. Hmmm, death by a thousand cuts or straight out beating your head in with a half brick in a sock? Tough choice.

Some days I feel gaming has regressed terribly when it comes to giving the user control of the experience.

So, how about those unmodifiable control configurations* and incredibly lovely map and quest controls, hey?

* choice of three! poo poo, crap and bad.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Gorilla Salad posted:

Like the pointless 10 second scene every time you refuel the car?

At the other end of the spectrum are games like the first Assassin's Creed with unskippable 20 minute cutscenes with button prompts. Hmmm, death by a thousand cuts or straight out beating your head in with a half brick in a sock? Tough choice.

Some days I feel gaming has regressed terribly when it comes to giving the user control of the experience.

So, how about those unmodifiable control configurations* and incredibly lovely map and quest controls, hey?

* choice of three! poo poo, crap and bad.

Have you played Valkyria Chronicles 1? Among the most cumbersome menus and loadtimes ever seen in a game. Very backwards limitations such as: can't go back to the mission & other tab book mode if you've started a mission, can't restart a mission from deployment without killing yourself, can't see anything in the map until you've actually started the game, making the deployment a total crapshoot.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

topiKal posted:

:frogsiren: UPDATE :frogsiren:

Managed to somehow find an even more unlikable character than Prompto

I like how the loving objective marker during the 'follow his car mission or it's game over' couldn't even smoothly move along the minimap.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/haine08/status/866596653473513472

Quality parenting

necroid
May 14, 2009

watched it all the way, that was super relaxing thanks

here take this as a reward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB30RVWeuP8

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:smith: YOU MIGHT WANNA SKIP THIS ONE :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You monsters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
of justice!

• Locked thread