Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

the only unappetizing part of that is the bun which looks like it's the sort of chewy and tough flavorless buns that you get for cheap

It looks like one of those buns you cant get a clean bite through. So you gotta like gnaw at it or it tears and while you're at it sauce goes everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Dexo posted:

I've been to Green Bay.

That study is bullshit.

That just shows how bad they were in that period between Super Bowl 2 and 31.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:allears:

I hope King works out and is actually sturdy.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Which Packer will be the War Machine that gets caught in the crossfire and gets horrifically injured?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It's time to put the concussion issue to bed. A lot of fancy doctors says it ruins lives but the evidence proves if you're a slosh brained QB, you get a cushy broadcasting job.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Max Unger out for the start of the regular season.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

http://www.beckersspine.com/sports-...-takeaways.html

quote:

Former Pittsburgh Steelers team physician Richard Rydze, MD, was charged for illegally distributing various drugs throughout his medical career, according to Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
Here are six things to know:

1. The federal court jury deliberated for three days last week before ultimately convicting Dr. Rydze of all 180 counts charged against him.

2. Dr. Rydze formerly owned Pittsburgh-based Optimal Health Center and was found guilty of conspiring with other physicians to falsely diagnose patients with hormone imbalance and prescribe them steroids and human growth hormones.

3. Among his 180 counts, Dr. Rydze was also convicted of distributing oxycodone, Opana and other narcotics as well as obstructing justice by convincing his brother to lie to the FBI for him.

4. Dr. Rydze faces a second trial in U.S. District Court on healthcare fraud charges for false nerve stimulation machine prescriptions brought against him in 2015.

5. Dr. Rydze left the Steelers in 2007 after serving on the team's medical staff for over 20 years.

6. Judge Joy Flowers Conti will announce a sentencing at a later date.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What a surprise. I'm sure every other team is employee the same type of doctor.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

Max Unger out for the start of the regular season.

Aarrrrgh. Just when we were getting a solid line. Hopefully it's not season ending.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Oh yeah, it's a certainty. This was just the first time I've seen a doctor actually get nailed for it.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

My team's doctor is nothing like that!

*tries to sweep what happened in the 90s with Brett under the rug*

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

wrong thread

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Pops Mgee posted:

Which Packer will be the War Machine that gets caught in the crossfire and gets horrifically injured?

Olivia Munn

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Dr. Rydze sounds like some old west coast rapper.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/861731662723297281

NFLPA gonna hopefully parlay this into removing the punishment for Weed in the league.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Dexo posted:

https://twitter.com/SBNation/status/861731662723297281

NFLPA gonna hopefully parlay this into removing the punishment for Weed in the league.

Why would they agitate for making it easier for their members to consume a harmful substance with no medical benefits, unlike the opioids that keep them from being in chronic pain constantly

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Phobeste posted:

Why would they agitate for making it easier for their members to consume a harmful substance with no medical benefits, unlike the opioids that keep them from being in chronic pain constantly

Hi Rog.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

NFL Top 100 has been going on apparently and 70-80 is on now:

71. Julian Edelman WR Patriots
72. Taylor Lewan T Titans
73. Philip Rivers QB Chargers
74. Harrison Smith S Vikings
75. Delanie Walker TE Titans
76. Justin Houston LB Chiefs
77. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix S Packers
78. Brian Orakpo LB Titans
79. Sean Lee LB Cowboys
80. LeGarrette Blount RB Patriots

81 Alex Smith QB Chiefs 81
82 Clay Matthews LB Packers 57
83 Calais Campbell DE Jaguars 71
84 Mike Daniels DT Packers 95
85 Chandler Jones LB Cardinals 48
86 Jurrell Casey DT Titans --
87 Travis Frederick C Cowboys --
88 Doug Baldwin WR Seahawks 72
89 Thomas Davis LB Panthers 54
90 Malcolm Jenkins S Eagles --

91 Lorenzo Alexander LB Bills --
92 Everson Griffen DE Vikings --
93 Brandon Graham DE Eagles --
94 Dont'a Hightower LB Patriots --
95 Kelechi Osemele G Raiders --
96 Damon Harrison DT Giants --
97 David DeCastro G Steelers --
98 Adrian Peterson RB Saints 5
99 Malcolm Butler CB Patriots --
100 Joey Bosa DE Chargers NA

Kalli fucked around with this message at 03:06 on May 9, 2017

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Wow, you can get the 80th best player for really cheap!

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

NFL Top 100 has been going on apparently and 70-80 is on now:

77. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix S Packers
78. Brian Orakpo LB Titans
79. Sean Lee LB Cowboys
80. LeGarrette Blount RB Patriots

81 Alex Smith QB Chiefs 81
82 Clay Matthews LB Packers 57
83 Calais Campbell DE Jaguars 71
84 Mike Daniels DT Packers 95
85 Chandler Jones LB Cardinals 48
86 Jurrell Casey DT Titans --
87 Travis Frederick C Cowboys --
88 Doug Baldwin WR Seahawks 72
89 Thomas Davis LB Panthers 54
90 Malcolm Jenkins S Eagles --

91 Lorenzo Alexander LB Bills --
92 Everson Griffen DE Vikings --
93 Brandon Graham DE Eagles --
94 Dont'a Hightower LB Patriots --
95 Kelechi Osemele G Raiders --
96 Damon Harrison DT Giants --
97 David DeCastro G Steelers --
98 Adrian Peterson RB Saints 5
99 Malcolm Butler CB Patriots --
100 Joey Bosa DE Chargers NA

After the Packers won 8 straight from letting Rodgers unleash the dragon I will be pretty drat disappointed if he isn't at least top 3. Granted, Brady will be 1. Von Miller may be 2.

Also Haha over Clay is weird but last year it was probably close to true

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Joey Bosa 100. Seems high.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/861760005212712961

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

You'll have to help me here.

Was there an Avenger who based an entire career off one mission of blind luck? And was there another with a power shittier than like that X Man who could turn himself into ice cream?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Added the rest:

71. Julian Edelman WR Patriots
74. Harrison Smith S Vikings
75. Delanie Walker TE Titans
76. Justin Houston LB Chiefs

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Eifert Posting posted:

I'm glad the Bengals lost.

I'm glad because I'm not sure I would be able to hold myself to this decision if they had won.

I had an amazing seat for the game, and was perfectly placed to see the hit made on Giovanni Bernard. This is a kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth. What I realized when I was asked to watch a player lower his eyes to the grass and drive the crown of his helmet through Gio's head over and over is that the NFL doesn't care at all about these people. I guess I always knew that but it really drove the point home.

The NFL reviewed the play to see whether their idiotic notion of what is and isn't a catch was held to. They reviewed the play to see whether Gio's wrist touched the ground. They reviewed the play to see if he was able to hold on to a bit of leather as he lost consciousness. They forced us to watch Ryan Shazier do exactly what they claim to be trying to prevent over twenty times. I finally came to terms with the fact that the reason the NFL doesn't make a more serious effort to enforce these penalties is because they don't give a drat about Giovanni Bernard. As I watched fans throw cans and bottles at the officials I realized that had more to do with the colors on the uniforms than the fact that that one hit will almost certainly have a major impact on the kid's life. I like the team because I like the players.

Players don't give a poo poo about personal fouls because they're called arbitrarily, and until the NFL makes personal fouls reviewable I am not consuming another second of football. I should stop outright regardless, but I love the game. I will miss chatting with y'all but I can't justify following a sport that has such flagrant disregard for the welfare of its players. I'll see y'all in other subforums.

I'm glad to see you think that this kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth doesn't deserve effective pain management

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kalli posted:

loving lol

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Alex Smith responds to the news that he is a better player than Clay Matthews with mild approval

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Phobeste posted:

I'm glad to see you think that this kid who has been every bit the upstanding citizen, and builds schools in Haiti with his wealth doesn't deserve effective pain management

hes not a kid anymore. He is a '90s man

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Phobeste posted:

Good thing NFL players misuse opiods 4x as much as the general population post-career. Wouldn't want them to use something dangerous like the reefer.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You're finally starting to make sense EP

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The DEA and FBI investigation into NFL team doctors is nothing more than a witch hunt. Opioids are fantastic wonder drug that have been proven to be the only effective pain management through millennia of use. They would be made available OTC if it weren't for big pharma. Corporations have engaged in a propaganda campaign to con local governments into purchasing the over priced and dangerous drug narcan.

Josh Gordon is a cautionary tale in the use of cannabis.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The DEA and FBI investigation into NFL team doctors is nothing more than a witch hunt. Opioids are fantastic wonder drug that have been proven to be the only effective pain management through millennia of use. They would be made available OTC if it weren't for big pharma. Corporations have engaged in a propaganda campaign to con local governments into purchasing the over priced and dangerous drug narcan.

Josh Gordon is a cautionary tale in the use of cannabis.

I think you'll find that weed solves every problem but especially the problem of not having weed

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Can confirm that Lewan is better than rivers

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

a patagonian cavy posted:

I think you'll find that weed solves every problem but especially the problem of not having weed

It didn't unclog my sink you dann liar.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Ches Neckbeard posted:

It didn't unclog my sink you dann liar.

Didn't use enough weed then, obviously. Five gallons of weed oil and a plunger will clear that right up

Anyway when I'm made commissioner, weed will be accepted and rehab will be covered by my League Wide Health Insurance Policy so that former players can get help for their playing-caused opioid or weed problems

Also Mike Brown will be put in full pads as an RB once a game and every yard he gains will save him $1 million in cap money so he actually tries

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I tell ya, I can't even tell who's fakepostin'!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Oxygen tanks full of weed smoke on the sidelines.

Weed-infused Gatorade.

Hemp jerseys and gloves.

New weed sponsorships from Weed Incorporated. Get your marijuana cigarettes and a cold beer and a sour cream butter cheese pepperoni onion loaf at the concession stands!

Weed King, King of the Weed as new Commissioner.

New expansion team based out of Jamaica. Their team logo is a weed leaf with 420 embossed underneath it.

New color commentary guy for MNF is Ricky Williams.

Weed VIP parking at the stadium where you can park for free if you love weed.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Gonz posted:

Oxygen tanks full of weed smoke on the sidelines.

Weed-infused Gatorade.

Hemp jerseys and gloves.

New weed sponsorships from Weed Incorporated. Get your marijuana cigarettes and a cold beer and a sour cream butter cheese pepperoni onion loaf at the concession stands!

Weed King, King of the Weed as new Commissioner.

New expansion team based out of Jamaica. Their team logo is a weed leaf with 420 embossed underneath it.

New color commentary guy for MNF is Ricky Williams.

Weed VIP parking at the stadium where you can park for free if you love weed.

If your stadium isn't already surrounded by weed shops, it's time to move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
The National Anthem is replaced by Sublime's cover of Smoke Two Joints.

Games in domed stadiums become much more difficult, due to the hotbox effect.

• Locked thread