Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Can anyone elaborate on the importance of Plato 1728 for me? I saw his weapon entries and all the DLC stuff, but is there more to it? It feels like there is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

Augus posted:

and reward you with the ability to lower your level and turn off Exp gain,

Whoa whoa whoa why did I not know about this at all! This is a big deal

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Kaldaien, the dude who made the PC fixy thingy, has code in the fix that breaks it on pirated copies. Automata was cracked recently, so now people are getting mad at him about that.

I imagine he's going to be equally mad though when someone strips that out of his fix...
http://steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/1327844097131584424/

also, hes been banned from the nier forum. but his thing is still stickied

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
ah, the machine lifeforms are now trying out the insane modmaker variant of humanity

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Lol some of the posts in the mod's real thread. "Can we unpin this thread? The fix is malware that maliciously targets specific users to damage their game." No it does not damage your game and it also is not malware, but even so, talk poo poo, get hit, buddy :clint:

edit

I can't be a shithead to the lone dude attempting to fix the issues the game has?? THIS IS NOT FAIR :qq:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Relin posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/524220/discussions/0/1327844097131584424/

Love it.
Internet drama is like sweet ambrosia.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
i wonder what would happen if the machine lifeforms discovered minecraft

then again one of the terraforming/repair bots plunked an dilapidated shopping center on top of kaine's old house

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Phobophilia posted:

i wonder what would happen if the machine lifeforms discovered minecraft

then again one of the terraforming/repair bots plunked an dilapidated shopping center on top of kaine's old house

Taro said that Emil actually rebuilt the house down there at somepoint.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Taro said that Emil actually rebuilt the house down there at somepoint.

You know if Original Emil built the house it kinda recontextualizes this Emil saying the place was "special to him" because he might mean the original instead of Nier. It could still be taking place in a continuity where Ending D happened

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Relin posted:

wait, what for

i'm not insane enough to actually go into a steam forum and assumed they had devs or dev related people cleaning house, are they some lawless "asylum run by the inmates" reddit style hellholes that support piracy now or what

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

RoadCrewWorker posted:

wait, what for

i'm not insane enough to actually go into a steam forum and assumed they had devs or dev related people cleaning house, are they some lawless "asylum run by the inmates" reddit style hellholes that support piracy now or what

He called someone a 'pirate moron' and got tempbanned for it.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

CJacobs posted:

He's a hero in my book.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The two people he personally chose to ban from using his mod were people who talked to him a bunch on Steam who bought the game apparently, rather than 2 who admitted to piracy, so that's pretty bullshit.

Can't say I've ever understood folk who make it their personal mission to pitch in and protect the DRM of multimillion dollar companies though.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
he probably hopes his coding abilities will land him a job

the simplest explanation though is "attention"

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

CJacobs posted:

I actually reread the OP in detail and either im really not getting it or it is actively making the modder seem like a reasonable and levelheaded person and the other side (including the OPs poster) look like raving idiots.

And all of this is over a whole two idiots harrasing him who now wont be able to install (those very specific latest versions of) his mod? Like, he didn't cleverly stealth-trigger a vac ban for their accounts or anything actually serious? for fucks sake, kids these days, i swear

edit: also why does this alexander delarge poster name sound so familiar (besides the movie reference) and like someone i'd probably ban immediately

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 09:13 on May 9, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Can't say I've ever understood folk who make it their personal mission to pitch in and protect the DRM of multimillion dollar companies though.

It's less of that in this case and more showing people that they can't just be dickheads because they have the tiniest bit of anonymity.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Sax Solo posted:

Don't we also find out by the end that YoRHa kinda aren't even androids, but some kind of android/machine core hybrid, so it's hard to say just how relevant Jackass's conclusions are?
The conclusion she makes from researching 2B (or 9s if you do it in route B I guess) fighting? Specifically doing research on YoRHa androids?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This is stupid beyond words. Can we just pretend we didnt see anything for the last page?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I mean in general. This dude has a track record of defending Denuvo-sama for some reason.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

And all of this is over a whole two idiots harrasing him who now wont be able to install (those very specific latest versions of) his mod? Like, he didn't cleverly stealth-trigger a vac ban for their accounts or anything actually serious? for fucks sake, kids these days, i swear

It's more about the practice which is distasteful. These two kids might be assholes (I've not seen so I can't say for certain, it's the internet so they probably are but I don't know so I don't know) but there's the potential for making this an okay thing to do and having it creep. Maybe it'll be anyone who buys CoD, maybe they have anime avatars, maybe they didn't vote the right way. It's not a good thing to let random dudes decide who gets to play using what because random people have random thoughts and beliefs.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

let random dudes decide who gets to play using what because random people have random thoughts and beliefs.
this is the most ridiculous slippery slide argument about not being able to install some mod i've ever heard, gently caress this garbage topic

Anyway, after playing bayonetta and now the dlc i'm glad to see Platinum is keeping up their tradition of putting RE4 trader references into everything :haw:

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 09:19 on May 9, 2017

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
good place to grind?

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Kurtofan posted:

good place to grind?
G - adam desert/lost city infinite spawn zones for machine cores with drop rate chips, sell late game via chapter select if possible
XP - bunny as 9S + max xp bonus chips via chapter select
materials - just look up the drop or (better) shop location in a wiki
these were all post E tho, i didn't do any grinding in my regular playthrough (besides backtracking due to doing all sidequests)

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 09:31 on May 9, 2017

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Those are all post E, which is fine, because post E is probably the only time it's worth grinding.

The XP one is doable before after your get E, but it's not realistically so.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:37 on May 9, 2017

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Having just recently bought the game and seeing a performance of Romeos and Juliets, I'm not sure I can go back to regular ol' Shakespeare. It loses something without "PISSETH OFF".

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I, Butthole posted:

Having just recently bought the game and seeing a performance of Romeos and Juliets, I'm not sure I can go back to regular ol' Shakespeare. It loses something without "PISSETH OFF".

"Die, Romeo, thou stupid rear end in a top hat" is pretty much what I was thinking while watching the real Romeo and Juliet so it lined up pretty well for me!

Tzarnal
Dec 26, 2011

Honestly if you want GP there is an easier way than grinding it up through machine cores. Not exciting in any way though.

Sale prices of certain things go up quite a lot in later routes. If you complete the game there is an infinite buy/sell loop you can do through chapter select. The most efficient is to Buy Thick Dictionaries in the first route. Sell them in the final route.

Easiest way to do this is to go to chapter 07-01 ( Reporting to Pascal ) as 2B, teleport to the theme park, run to the merchant, buy as many Thick Dictionaries as you can. Run back to the teleporter, use chapter select and go to 15-01, sell the Dictionaries at the terminal right in front of you. Repeat as needed.

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...
Holy poo poo, this remix: https://soundcloud.com/kamiyana/machine-lifeform-n-system-compromise-detected-emergency-logic-vaccine-protocol-recommended

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Oh, lighten up Mr. Dooms-and-Gloom, "embezzle" is metal.
Finally was able to take the plunge into this game over the weekend and have completed almost all the way through Route B as of yesterday. I am very close to the end and loving the differences between A and B so far, can't wait to see what comes next even though I have a couple of theories. Really loving this so far even though it took a decent bit to finally hook me in (probably sometime around the Forest in my first route.)

Can someone answer a question with as little spoiler as possible for me though, I accidentally triggered some of the route ending stuff before I finished all the side quests I wanted to do, will I be able to somehow return later on and do them without having to restart a new save? I'm not explicitly at a place where I know I can't do them yet but I remember as 2B once I killed the Flooded City boss I basically couldn't do side quests anymore and I'm just past that part now as 9S.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Don't worry about missing sidequests you unlock Chapter Select later

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Scorps posted:

Can someone answer a question with as little spoiler as possible for me though, I accidentally triggered some of the route ending stuff before I finished all the side quests I wanted to do, will I be able to somehow return later on and do them without having to restart a new save? I'm not explicitly at a place where I know I can't do them yet but I remember as 2B once I killed the Flooded City boss I basically couldn't do side quests anymore and I'm just past that part now as 9S.

Yes, after clearing the game you can go and use chapter select to complete missing side quests later on.

Nier Music Box?

http://store.jp.square-enix.com/item/MWN0032.html

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Scorps posted:

Yes. Just keep going, you'll eventually get a pretty comprehensive chapter select that you won't lose anything by using. Some quests do reset if you don't totally complete them the first time around, though.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

Great I was mostly assuming that would come into play somehow, I'll keep chugging through C D and E, really excited to see what happens relating to The YorHa who betrayed like the 2 you kill, 8B the commander, or A2. I have a feeling I will be playing as A2 coming soon, I also have a weird feeling I will somehow end up playing as Eve at the end fighting myself as 2B and 9S or something. This game is sweet, I'm having fun just conjecturing wtf is going to happen as I continue! Going to come back to this comment and laugh at how wrong I was or how close I came.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
If you'd only lose, like, thirty minutes of play time and the sidequests seem interesting, I'd suggest going back to an earlier save. You do get chapter select, but only after you've effectively finished the game and the story. Up to you.

Scorps
Feb 24, 2008

I kept going for awhile I'm back at the bunker basically now. I did make a separate save actually though not far behind where I triggered the fight so if I ever feel like it I can just jump back to that too. I had most of the quests I wanted to do completed I just was going to try to polish them all off but I don't mind coming back later possibly for them since I did most of the interesting ones.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Does anyone know of a clear and easy-to-browse compilation of all the extra-curricular story material? I mean stuff like novellas, concert story bits, etc? I know they're all out there and I've been picking up what I can but they're spread out all over the goddamn place

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Via Reddit: Nier:A Supplemental Materials Compilation

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Awesome, thank you

Zeerust
May 1, 2008

They must have guessed, once or twice - guessed and refused to believe - that everything, always, collectively, had been moving toward that purified shape latent in the sky, that shape of no surprise, no second chance, no return.

Nina posted:

I have to agree. Hell 9S brings up the horror of loving someone and knowing it's only because you're programmed to do so during the final battle. I thought that was pretty clearly the case between him and 2B too. Like on a rational level both of them loathe the cycle of murder 2B subjects 9S to but he can't fight his programming

One of the most ever-present themes of the game is the conflicting simultaneous feeling of hate and love after all

Counterpoint: 9S doesn't know 2B at the start of the game, and didn't even know the E-series existed until that sidequest in the Ruined City. Or are you saying that he was lying about not recognising her?

Sax Solo posted:

Don't we also find out by the end that YoRHa kinda aren't even androids, but some kind of android/machine core hybrid, so it's hard to say just how relevant Jackass's conclusions are?

Though yes the theme that love is an attachment that leads to fatal violence/killing/hate/fear/buckets-on-heads is in 96 pt bold throughout N:A.

The conclusions come from Jackass measuring 2B's brain activity during the challenges, so regardless of whether it's accurate for androids in general, it's accurate for YorHa units. Also, IIRC the only Machine part of the andoids is the black-box power unit, the rest is just high-end specs.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

This is also Jackass we're talking about here. It's entirely possible she's full of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Ok even the nier compilation lists are still getting their poo poo together

Here's what I've gotten so far, that's actually reliable:
Three collected novellas: http://nier.alwaysdata.net/novellas.html
Another nier novella: https://medium.com/@khodazat/nier-novella-the-flame-of-prometheus-bdb8738933cf

Actual video of concerts: https://www.reddit.com/r/nierautomataconcert/
My understanding is that there were 5 concerts, and the music is all the same, but the story performances are different. The ones above are, I think, concerts with scripts #4, and #5?

Scripts, from concerts:
Scripts one to four are in this document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u2-pKGzskpMxtQB4HoP_jNreKUDb-LB3MqW5OVJX378/edit
Script five: still under translation and compilation, too mishmashed to put in one place right now

Finally, here's the dark id's lets play of nier1, if you like:
https://lparchive.org/NIER/

Anything else I've missed, or gotten wrong?