Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Why is Royal Rat Authority just a dog?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

it's called The Last of Us and pursuant to my previous posts it owns super hard in the gameplay department

The Last of Us isn't silly enough to be Resident Evil

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
It's a very large rat with very odd proportions.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Rodents of unusual size? They're a myth.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

It's a very large rat with very odd proportions.

that is 100% a dog

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Just finished Hacknet. I had a good time with it. I guess I wasn't expecting it to end up so... melancholic?

e: for some reason I didn't get the achievement for beating the game though. Nevermind, the Steam page just didn't update for a while.

Huh, curious. I might have to finally settle in and play this, backlog permitting.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Royal Rat Authority is clumsy translation its stage name.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Lizard Wizard posted:

Why is Royal Rat Authority just a dog?

Because its probably a reskin of the animations/code they used for Sif in Dark Souls 1 :ssh:

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

precision posted:

man i had a lot of fun playing online dreamcast. and dreamcast with a goddamn 56k connection allowed for lag-free games of Madden, UR tournament, pso and soul calibur, what sorcery is this

:argh: Americans :argh: Australia got a 33.3k modem even though we got it after you guys got the 56k

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Grapplejack posted:

I want a guarantee of rock-solid netcode before I get another Risk of Rain game.
my favorite part about risk of rain is the server-side hit confirmation. why do co-op games keep doing this it's not like this poo poo is competitive and every hit needs to be pixel perfect and confirmed by a rules judge to count

Lizard Wizard posted:

A yoshi is a good boshi
that's racist

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

precision posted:

i thought people forgot about halo because it was actually a very mediocre game and there have been eleventy billion games since then that have improved on it in every way

Hmm no

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
halo 1 has kind of lame level design but the shooting is really fun and halo 2 and 3 have lots of really cool setpieces, and they're in a pretty neat area where despite being pretty story-heavy the story mainly informs the gameplay instead of taking constant priority, and what story is there is surprisingly low-key. even halo 3's big grand finale with explosions and gunfire everywhere has a surprisingly quiet and sad ending that doesn't linger too long or feel like it's trying to force emotional impact

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 9, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My fave part of Halo is how the vehicles handled.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
now let's talk about a real fps classic, star wars: republic commando

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
remember the wheel of time fps

heh

Beelerzebub
May 28, 2016

I came here to laugh at you.

The Colonel posted:

Best Halo game by far.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Desperate Character posted:

:siren: HOLY poo poo RISK OF RAIN 2 AND IT IS GONNA BE IN 3D :siren:

lol no thanks

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

og metro 2033's performance is rear end and stuttery so that's on ice until redux goes on sale, so Im going to play and finish darksiders instead. this backlog will die

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Halo and Halo 2 were so popular, beloved, and influential that acting like they were always bad and never had any redeeming qualities is just baffling to me. It's like saying that the first two Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies were objectively terrible, even if you personally didn't like them and they haven't aged amazingly they're still something that even almost 20 years later you can still see the DNA of it in new things that are coming out.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cool, I never liked Halo even at the time and hate how stuff from bled through into other FPSs for the next 15 years.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Guy Mann posted:

N Sync were so popular, beloved, and influential that acting like they were always bad and never had any redeeming qualities is just baffling to me

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

This but the Backstreet Boys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwgRWR9S5kg

and of course, the source of such a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNdM8cFuOXg

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Halo good

Halo 2 good, end bad

Halo 3 good, end good

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I think, like Halo games for the gameplay or not, you have to admit that the 343 Halos are really lacking for not having a Marty O'Donnell score, the music in Halo 4 and 5 is just so fuckin forgettable. Literally, I can't actually remember any bit of those games' soundtracks while I'll probably have bits of the OTrilogy's music stuck in my head until I die. Now ODST, that was a game with a good score. Give me some sweet saxophone music to shoot aliens by.

The Colonel posted:

Honestly this game was way better than it had any right to be and I'm forever disappointed that the proposed sequel never came to light.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifUJ5--4tjI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLjphhzDDrY

Captain Invictus posted:

Halo good

Halo 2 good, end bad

Halo 3 good, end good

Halo amazing (but library sucks)

Halo 2 best multi worst single

Halo 3 pretty great multi good single but a couple stinker levels

ODST better than I thought it would be. Halo: Nathan Fillion edition.

Reach pretty good, multi started good but went downhill

4, 5 - basically the prequel trilogy of star wars when it comes to Halo

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 07:49 on May 9, 2017

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

I think, like Halo games for the gameplay or not, you have to admit that the 343 Halos are really lacking for not having a Marty O'Donnell score, the music in Halo 4 and 5 is just so fuckin forgettable. Literally, I can't actually remember any bit of those games' soundtracks while I'll probably have bits of the OTrilogy's music stuck in my head until I die. Now ODST, that was a game with a good score. Give me some sweet saxophone music to shoot aliens by.

Honestly this game was way better than it had any right to be and I'm forever disappointed that the proposed sequel never came to light.

Halos combination of epic classic pieces and buttrock was so good that even though anyone who listens to it as music makes me cringe, I cant help but get pumped while hearing it.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
How do you listen to music not as music

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I imagine they mean "on your own, divorced from the context of the game" like playing it in your car or whathaveyou. I'll blast the Hotline Miami/HM2 soundtrack outta my car speakers all day :cool:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I only listen to Falcom soundtracks

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I deadass listen to the first Hotline Miami game's soundtrack off of Spotify all the time

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaLpzyw4q3w

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am a huge fan of video game music. I love to listen to normal versions, orchestral versions and cool remix versions! Especially while driving. (Lady VG is surprisingly OK with it.)

One of my favourite soundtracks is the VVVVVV album and the followup PPPPPPowerup. Something about the crunchy crispiness of the soundtrack makes me ridiculously happy, like when I first played the NES.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

VideoGames posted:

I am a huge fan of video game music.

Well I mean that follows.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Shame on you if you shame a bro for listening to video game music on he own time.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

I will shame anyone, at any time, for any reason. I am a shameless shamer.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

I will shame anyone, at any time, for any reason. I am a shameless shamer.

look at this shameful shameless shamer. let us shame them in shame

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I remember playing the library in one sitting and while it wasnt great, if that's the low point of the Halo series its doing no bad.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
lol if you've never hosed to boosters tower

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Macarius Wrench posted:

I remember playing the library in one sitting and while it wasnt great, if that's the low point of the Halo series its doing no bad.

That's the low point of halo 1. That's way way way way better than anything in Halo 4 or 5.

Seriously Halo 4 and 5 are Star Wars Episodes 1 and 2 levels of awful. If they make a 6 it'll be Episode 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the library isn't like a super atrocious level it's just kind of boring because it's very very slow and samey

• Locked thread