Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

theblackw0lf posted:

Was able to open Star Door 14 (had to complete several of the fishing games) now have a question about it

Who are the Anguis that we know so far from Cold Steel 1 and 2?

I know 2 is Viva Carlotte. Do we know who some of the others are?

vita clotilde you mean. the seventh anguis is often mentioned in CS and is duvalie's master but hasn't been named in English. the sixth anguis is name dropped in some optional dialogue in SC as Doctor Novartis and is the one in charge of the 13 factories. 1, 4 and 5 are unknown but 4 is totally lechter, maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Dorothy is still number 1 suspicion for First Anguis

You just so happened to take that picture at Leiston Fortress, huh??

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I've seen some theories suggest that Anguis 5 might be Barkhorn, the Roaring Lion Dominion who was in charge of dealing with the Salt Pale incident and was Gaius' teacher.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Zaggitz posted:

I've seen some theories suggest that Anguis 5 might be Barkhorn, the Roaring Lion Dominion who was in charge of dealing with the Salt Pale incident and was Gaius' teacher.

You'd think that the other Dominions would know who the other ones are, though, and Ouroboros clearly had no idea who Kevin truly was.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Didn't they make it a point to say only Ein knew up until the moment kevin exposed himself and killed Weissman? That was the only way to ensure he could take down a former member of the congregation with heavy connections without being leaked.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh, was she the only one? Alright then, proceed.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

well campanella knew who he was in SC iirc but he's campanella so

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Terper posted:

Dorothy is still number 1 suspicion for First Anguis

You just so happened to take that picture at Leiston Fortress, huh??

Whoops sleepwalked into Calvard nbd

But what was she plotting at that ice cream stand...

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Cake Attack posted:

well campanella knew who he was in SC iirc but he's campanella so

I want to play the Crossbell games so bad.

RegalStar
Jul 17, 2016
Crossbell spoiler: You get to meet both Anguis #6 (which is namedropped as Dr. Novartis at some point in Sky; I forgot where), and #7 in Ao, as well as the new #3.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

RegalStar posted:

Crossbell spoiler: You get to meet both Anguis #6 (which is namedropped as Dr. Novartis at some point in Sky; I forgot where), and #7 in Ao, as well as the new #3.

In point of fact, you actually get to fight #7 in Ao.

It's not fun.

Remember Loewe on the castle roof back in FC? It's like that. But harder.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Anyway it's time for me to write a big ol' :speculate: post about lots of different things about Ouroboros, Zemuria, and other stuff. I don't have any knowledge of Zero and Ao though, so I may very well be missing stuff there. Will contain spoilers for tits 1-3 and CS1-2. It will be a lot of questions, and not many answers.

So, Ouroboros. I've seen speculation that the Grandmaster is just straight up Aidios, due to her merciful nature and seemingly divine powers. But I don't think it's that simple. Ouroboros's ultimate plan is called the "Orpheus Final Plan." Orpheus is a character in a greek myth (Aidios (and her Japanese name, Eidos) are both greek words, meaning Eternity and Essence, respectively). Orpheus wanted to bring his lover Eurydice back from the underworld. I think that some time before the Collapse, Aidios "left" the human plane (I believe that Aidios must have been in the human plane at some point, because the Sept-Terrions are things that adhere to the laws of the world, and thus were probably "created" there), and the Grandmaster is trying to bring Her back by gathering all of Her treasures and that this will, as Vita puts it, "save the souls of all". Ouroboros and the Septian Church was originally one organization, but the Septian Church isn't about that resurrection mojo. Everyone who is an Enforcer is someone who has seen the "darkness" of the world and needs to be "saved".

So let's talk about the Divergent Laws! Loewe's sword was able to shatter the Aureole's barrier because it did not adhere to the laws of the human plane. The Grandmaster is someone who can access, or may even exist, on a different plane altogether, and can bring items from that plane into the human plane. That plane MAY be Gehenna, though what that would mean for the nature of the Grandmaster is difficult to answer. Is she a demon, the ruler of Gehenna? :iiam: Getting back to the Divergent Laws for a bit, it's likely that whatever voodoo is baked into Rean is some sort of "Divergence", as Emma speculates might be the nature of McBurn's powers before he scares her into silence. Osborne may also be Divergent, or "mixed".

Speaking of Emma, when Rean asks her in CS1 at Lohengrin if her powers are some sort of church thing, Emma replies that it's the opposite. Those who use Thaumaturgy call on their powers from a higher plane, so the Hexen clan would then presumably call on their power from some sort of lower plane (not necessarily Gehenna). But if the witches are the "opposite" of the church, why are they tasked with guiding the Awakeners and the Divine Knights?

And that brings us to the question of what the Sept-Terrions in Erebonia are, as well as the nature of the Great Power. The Black Records state that there were two great gods, celestial titans, who fought because of their opposing natures. I'm going to make a wild, baseless assumption that these are the Sept-Terrions of Fire and Water. It's said that seven civilizations gathered around each of the seven treasures. These "celestial titans" may not just be the titans in Nord and Bryonis Island, but entire civilizations, and this conflict took place between the two of them and finally came to a head during the time of the Collapse, around the same time the Liber Ark was sealed away (one civilization faced mental annihilation, two others physical, as Weissman puts it). After this, all that was left were the two titans' "terrible kin", and the Great Power. The Divine Knights are fragments of the Great Power. If we follow the argument that the celestial titans also include the civilizations, the "terrible kin" may refer to all that remained of those - the ancestors of the people of Erebonia (and Nord).

So what - or more specifically, WHERE - are the Sept-Terrions? Here's where I'm missing out on quite a bit of stuff considering half of the Phantasmal Blaze Plan takes place in CROSSBELL WHEN, but I'm actually going to go ahead and guess that they don't necessarily exist anymore, and were "shattered" during the conflict between the titans, and to "reforge" them, the Divine Knights must come into conflict. That's why they exist in a loop - the Sept-Terrions are trying to bring themselves back into existence, but can only do so when all the Divine Knights do battle - and that's what will happen in CS3.

Terper fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 8, 2017

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Terper posted:

Anyway it's time for me to write a big ol' :speculate: post about lots of different things about Ouroboros, Zemuria, and other stuff. I don't have any knowledge of Zero and Ao though, so I may very well be missing stuff there. Will contain spoilers for tits 1-3 and CS1-2. It will be a lot of questions, and not many answers.

So, Ouroboros. I've seen speculation that the Grandmaster is just straight up Aidios, due to her merciful nature and seemingly divine powers. But I don't think it's that simple. Ouroboros's ultimate plan is called the "Orpheus Final Plan." Orpheus is a character in a greek myth (Aidios (and her Japanese name, Eidos) are both greek words, meaning Eternity and Essence, respectively). Orpheus wanted to bring his lover Eurydice back from the underworld. I think that some time before the Collapse, Aidios "left" the human plane (I believe that Aidios must have been in the human plane at some point, because the Sept-Terrions are things that adhere to the laws of the world, and thus were probably "created" there), and the Grandmaster is trying to bring Her back by gathering all of Her treasures and that this will, as Vita puts it, "save the souls of all". Ouroboros and the Septian Church was originally one organization, but the Septian Church isn't about that resurrection mojo. Everyone who is an Enforcer is someone who has seen the "darkness" of the world and needs to be "saved".

So I really like this bit of a speculation since IMHO the central theme of the Sky games is people being saved from "darkness" of the word via (often adoptive) family bonds.
Joshua gets saved by his bond with Estelle. Kevin with his bond with Ries (and not his duties as a member of clergy!). Schera with her bonds with the troupe master, Cassius,
Estelle and the Guild. Heck, Agate gets put on the right path by Cassius, and in 3rd we see the Ravens following his path, and being drilled by him. And that's sort of what Estelle said
to Wiseman that answered the Aureole's question, isn't it? That there doesn't need to be some sort of grand plan, that
people's salvation can come from people themselves... and this very much puts the Society into opposition to that.

OddObserver fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 9, 2017

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
First battle of the Silver Road is some bullshit.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
I've gotten six hours into ToCS2, when does the good music present itself? ToCS1 is kind of a benchmark, especially mindblowing when you accidentally step into a Persona game, not checked credits but it's like they lost out on the original gang, the composer lacked inspiration, or these are the B-roll tracks sketched out for the first game and rejected. I know there's one tune people swear by in ToCS2 so I'll keep on playing and see if it changes as you progress, like I swear Rean's voice does.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Star Door 15
Jesus, that was the definition of :stonk:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

marking out at all these guardians

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I feel so happy but so sad

What a game

What a series

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Regy Rusty posted:

I feel so happy but so sad

What a game

What a series

:same:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Oops, I just noticed I'm missing moon door 3. Where it at?

E: who was the person on the dev team who said "boy, the sewers sure were a great dungeon, we should make the players go through them for the tenth time!"

Amppelix fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 9, 2017

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MrLonghair posted:

I've gotten six hours into ToCS2, when does the good music present itself? ToCS1 is kind of a benchmark, especially mindblowing when you accidentally step into a Persona game, not checked credits but it's like they lost out on the original gang, the composer lacked inspiration, or these are the B-roll tracks sketched out for the first game and rejected. I know there's one tune people swear by in ToCS2 so I'll keep on playing and see if it changes as you progress, like I swear Rean's voice does.

every song in cold steel 2 owns tho? the battle and boss themes are way better than CS1's

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Also I haven't said it yet, but I am glad that Anelace is rooting for Maybelle and Lila, just like I am.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Amppelix posted:

Oops, I just noticed I'm missing moon door 3. Where it at?

E: who was the person on the dev team who said "boy, the sewers sure were a great dungeon, we should make the players go through them for the tenth time!"

Silver Road.

I'm really regretting that I haven't had the chance to play this over the past three days, and that when I have I've been dedicated to winning at fishing.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I was thinking 'wow the bosses in this seem to be a lot better' and then the Death Slugger brigade showed up.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Supremezero posted:

In point of fact, you actually get to fight #7 in Ao.

It's not fun.

Remember Loewe on the castle roof back in FC? It's like that. But harder.

The music is awesome though.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
September 28th

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/09/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iii-releases-japan-september-28-ps4/

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man I gotta finish more than just FC at some point.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:siren::siren::siren:

Holy moly, I can't dink around too long with TiTS: 3rd. I mean, localization takes a ton of time, I know, but so do I when I don't focus on a single game.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

We won't see it until 2019 so whatever

AnEndcat
Mar 21, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

I was thinking 'wow the bosses in this seem to be a lot better' and then the Death Slugger brigade showed up.

Even better, they're bugged right now; when they have CP they're supposed to do more damage than they actually do.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Terper posted:

Have faith in our Falcom Overlords and the Xseed Brigade. Maybe they already have it all organized and ready for them to start translating and planning. Or yknow pray with me so we get it ASAP.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Terper posted:

Yes but it's closer to being real!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
More info: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/09/trails-cold-steel-iii-shares-agate-tita-new-battle-system-features/

quote:

Falcom revealed the Japanese release date for The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III in this week’s issue of Dengeki PlayStation, and they also shared additional character info on Agate Crosner and Tita Russell as well as new battle system features. [Thanks, Hachima.]

First, here’s some info on what’s included in the first-print limited box:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III mini-original soundtrack.
Special Duties Division: Class VII SD rubber strap full set.
A special 128-page full-color art book.
Original DLC “Invitation from Thors Academy”

Agate Crosner – After the “Liberl Incident,” Agate achieved various achievements, at home and abroad, and was promoted to an A-rank Bracer. It’s been four years since the events of Trails in the Sky and Agate has grown mentally. A big mystery from Trails in the Sky will unravel in Trails of Cold Streel III. He’ll also participate in battles.

Tita Russell – Tita is now a 16-year-old girl, but her love for tinkering with machines and for Agate hasn’t changed.

Next they shared some battle system info:

- Direct command – The Direct Command is a new input method, like the conventional “Ring Command” system, but made to be more simple with one-press commands . Players will get to intuitively input commands using commands that and their corresponding inputs for each button and d-pad.

-Brave Order – A new system that lets characters set an “Order” (strategic instructions) without using up their turn. When a Brave Order is activated the entire party is affected by its effect for the turn. Brave Orders uses BP, which accumulates in battle.

-Craft – A character’s unique skill that uses CP, which also accumulates in battle, to activate.

-Style Change – Juna Crawford (pictured above) has special trait that allows her to switch between two styles. She uses a gun and baton hybrid “Gun Breaker” weapon. Juna is able to switch between “Striker Mode” and “Gunner Mode” on each of her turns.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I'm highly tempted to buy the artbooks, I wonder if theres an easy way to do so.

Also wheres the Sara info I was promised?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

What big mystery remains from the Sky games? I mean there's a couple, like Luciola's fate, but have a connection to Agate?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

they often have wonky translations so it might not actually be saying that

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Terper posted:

What big mystery remains from the Sky games? I mean there's a couple, like Luciola's fate, but have a connection to Agate?

I saw someone say Agate was in cahoots with Olivert to get the intelligence division to admit the complete story behind the hundred days war/hamel and their involvement in the attacks on the erebonian bracer guilds.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is there a good SSLP of Trails Second Chapter by any chance? I want to get back into third but I don't think I have the time to replay SC again anytime soon in addition to TC.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Really Pants did one a bit after sc came out. It should be on the archive site by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

ImpAtom posted:

Is there a good SSLP of Trails Second Chapter by any chance? I want to get back into third but I don't think I have the time to replay SC again anytime soon in addition to TC.

https://lparchive.org/The-Legend-of-Heroes-Trails-in-the-Sky-SC/ Really Pants's SSLP is on the archive already