Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

clipse is the best rap group to ever exist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

2DCAT posted:

today is going to be a good day. i can feel it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MariusLecter/status/861901921795309570

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

I've got string opinions tonight

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

2DCAT posted:

:siren: :siren:

On my first day as Secretary of Liquor, I've been called to Congress to testify in two sessions. I know the afternoon sessions is closed, unsure of the morning session.

Im going in well prepared...

I'll try to take as many pictures and live shitpost where possible.

I've been told that I can't tell Mitch "that's the dumbest question I've ever heard", however... I believe I can get away with "Mr. Mitch, I've been informed that I am not allowed to say that is the dumbest question I have ever heard."

We'll see...

if you get held in contempt of congress for subforum cred ill have the most extremely mixed feelings ever

i mean youd deffo get the cred, become hero to dozens?? of people, but

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

this city is afraid of me

i have seen its true face

kibaces
Jul 11, 2016

2DCAT posted:

On my first day as Secretary of Liquor, I've been called to Congress to testify in two sessions. I know the afternoon sessions is closed, unsure of the morning session.

I've been told that I can't tell Mitch "that's the dumbest question I've ever heard", however... I believe I can get away with "Mr. Mitch, I've been informed that I am not allowed to say that is the dumbest question I have ever heard."

We'll see...

This is cool and good
when are you speaking to the turtle?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Squizzle posted:

:yeah:

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

GobiasIndustries posted:

This was probably the best part:
https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/861682835186491394

And at the very end, after he had been thoroughly owned, he had some stupid petty parting shot that elicited audible groans from people in attendance.

As some now-elusive rake on twitter put it, the last time someone owned Cruz this hard they got his endorsement for president.

What's really disturbing about these hearings is watching all of these know-nothings go up against people who actually work for a living and just getting trampled. It's more than somewhat irritating that the "government is useless" people are the same ones who elect these jokers to it. My favourite was Mr "who appointed you to the supreme court?". What a fuckwit. loving acting AG doesn't have the chops to meaningfully assess the constitutionality of an EO? Cock.

Anyway, feel like it would have been cool if Yates had stood up at the end of the Cruz questions and yelled "I'm not stuck in here with you, you're stuck in here with me!", but some people don't love comedy, I guess.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Alan Is More Upset posted:

Cruz did that thing where he sighed and clutched the bridge of his nose. Giving off one of those "They just don't get it" vibes. He's like a teacher trying to "get real" by straddling a chair and turning his baseball cap backwards. to really resonate with the kids.

cruz sighed as he drew his katana

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

2DCAT posted:

We'll see...

vaya con dios

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
Morning thread, predictions on next tweet? I think it'll be about France.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

I'm guessing either Syria or North Korea

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Divorce

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Wherein Congressman Rod Blum (R-IA) abandons an interview in less than a minute:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5XB7PQztvw

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Mo_Steel posted:

whatever it is, i'm sure it'll be SAD as gently caress

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Mo_Steel posted:

South Korean elections.

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

I'm all I on a Syria/isis tweet. don't know about what, but to show that Russia is not our friend etc

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GobiasIndustries posted:

Wherein Congressman Rod Blum (R-IA) abandons an interview in less than a minute:

lol maybe that reporter stumbled across something Blum wanted to keep secret about his funding.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

just nationalise twitter already trump, package it as government assisted free market capitalism or whatever the gently caress.

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

lmao that the techbros at a failing social media company conversely also hold the keys to the sanity of the president.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

GobiasIndustries posted:

This was probably the best part:
https://twitter.com/robdelaney/status/861682835186491394

And at the very end, after he had been thoroughly owned, he had some stupid petty parting shot that elicited audible groans from people in attendance.

ted cruz appears to be going bald and while its fully what he deserves i don't think humanity deserves to see what he looks like with no hair

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

GobiasIndustries posted:

I still don't understand this clip. There is presumably some background here. Why does he see that as a challenging question?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Condoleeza Rice is getting fellated on morning joe if you wanted to see someone not get asked a tough question

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
I would laugh forever if his Twitter account ever got banned. Can you imagine the results that would come from POTUS account?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
so South Korea just elected a communist to the Presidency

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Squizzle posted:

did he get the cereal smackin

yeah he did his beat-in at the milo thing

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Squizzle posted:

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

Jose posted:

ted cruz appears to be going bald and while its fully what he deserves i don't think humanity deserves to see what he looks like with no hair

It takes a short while for his hair to fully grow back in after he's taken human form; he presumably just came straight to the hearing after feeding. If you look very closely at the clip then you'll see that his fingernails aren't fully formed either, and that his skin looks especially...juicy.

Give the being a break!

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://mobile.twitter.com/MariusLecter/status/861906775171313666

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Perfectly Safe posted:

I still don't understand this clip. There is presumably some background here. Why does he see that as a challenging question?

He's a member of the Tea Party, therefore he is a huge bitch.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

so South Korea just elected a communist to the Presidency

perfect opportunity for them to demilitarize and pursue reunification with the one true corea

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Junkyard Poodle posted:

clipse is the best rap group to ever exist

this guy gets it

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

FizFashizzle posted:

Condoleeza Rice is getting fellated on morning joe if you wanted to see someone not get asked a tough question

Is Joe starry eyed and Mika throwing shade?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Jose posted:

zelda is insanely good and i've played it loads

yah

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
... A preview of what will surely be my interaction with Congress today...

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

lol if you aren't in contempt of Congress

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

The Muppets On PCP posted:

this guy gets it

honestly, in a moment of haste I put down the wrong group. I was thinking re up gang and wrote clipse. they are easily my co #1s. pusha T and malice have better verses pound for pound but I like it better when sandman and abliva also get verses in a song

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

GobiasIndustries posted:

He's a member of the Tea Party, therefore he is a huge bitch.

Evidently, but that doesn't really help me to understand why that question caused him to walk out of the interview. It seemed to be an oddly worded question, for a start.

I mean, I'm perfectly happy to leave it because for all I know that could be the 93rd time the interviewer has asked the guy that question, but I thought maybe someone would actually know what the story is.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
If contempt of Congress was a felony crime there'd be no one left to vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Perfectly Safe posted:

republicans are scared and confused by the concept of follow-up questions, because journalists so rarely bother asking them

• Locked thread